The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

(BUG) Dragonknight: Ferocious Leap - range removed

dmvab
dmvab
✭✭✭
Unable to cast leap on dragonknight since this patch.
Range was remove and get "target is out of range" no matter how close I'm to the target.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We just quickly checked and Leap appears to be working. Could we get a bit more information? What zone are you in, what are you attempting to attack, etc.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    verghbyod4cp.png

update:
    It seems to be happening only at Imperial City, tested on no-cp and it's not working for me
    It's fine on Cyrodiil
  • TwinLamps
    TwinLamps
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oof
    Awake, but at what cost
  • kabutozero
    kabutozero
    Soul Shriven
    same happens to me with AMBUSH (NB ability) . On No-cp BG's it doesnt display a range and I can't use it ever. Havent tried other pvp content but on the overworld it's working
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    asn3dqbezicl.png

Just got into a battleground and for my surprise... here we go again...
  • Synopsya
    Synopsya
    Idem in Battleground: Ferocious Leap AND Unrelenting Grip don't work at all (not once)
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    gheh9vmwzwbv.png

Just found another skill with the same bug: Toppling Charge.

Battlegrounds and Imperial City (upper site) with this.
    I really hope this fix as soon as possible because is not even funny. Not matter what I do, it remais the same.
  • regime211
    regime211
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dmvab wrote: »
    gheh9vmwzwbv.png

Just found another skill with the same bug: Toppling Charge.

Battlegrounds and Imperial City (upper site) with this.
    I really hope this fix as soon as possible because is not even funny. Not matter what I do, it remais the same.

literally made a thread about this both morphs aren't accessible at all.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    crlxpgcuern0.jpg
    gr6062bd2uft.jpg
    Looks like you can add stampede to the randomly greyed out unuseable in BG
    Edited by sMuggle on August 25, 2020 6:19AM
  • Noumentor
    Noumentor
    ✭✭
    Happened to me as well with Take Flight and with Shielded Assault in Imperial City, "Target is out of range".
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Are you all able to provide an exact location in IC where you're running into this issue? Easiest thing may be to post a screenshot of your map. Also, are you targeting other players or monsters?
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    Are you all able to provide an exact location in IC where you're running into this issue? Easiest thing may be to post a screenshot of your map. Also, are you targeting other players or monsters?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChOYw6QMtJY

Either monster and players. It's happening in the upper site of Imperial City AND in battlegrounds as you can see in the video.

I made this topic listing some abilities know with this issue:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/542925/bug-range-ability-removed-in-battlegrounds-and-imperial-city
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭

As shown in my screenshots in a previous reply of the skill (Stampede) Inside and outside of Battlegrounds, the tool-tip looses the ranged portion of the description upon entering. When this happens the skill stays grayed out regardless of having enemy targeted, unusable for the duration of the Battleground match regardless of map, location, reloadui, death. -Thanks
    Edited by sMuggle on August 25, 2020 2:42PM
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hapening with all gap-closers.
  • ainwyll
    ainwyll
    Soul Shriven
    Just experienced this is a normal BG: Both Take Flight and Critical Rush had no range displayed, and just didn't go off.
  • Khatou
    Khatou
    ✭✭✭✭
    I also have this problem with lotus fan of the nightblade, at the beginning of the day, no worries, but there, impossible to activate it even 2 meters from the enemy, the problem seems to exist only in pvp.
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    From what I could observe:
    • Only happens in pvp: Battlegrounds and Imperial City (upper site);
    • It's permanent: doesn't matter if you die, relog, reloadui;
    • Affects only gap closers abilities removing their ranges, making them unable to cast it;
    • Not everybody is having the bug, otherwise forum would have tons of messages;
    • ZOS is neglecting because it's just few people with the problem. (consigering the lack of answers or fix at this point)
  • TX12001rwb17_ESO
    TX12001rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Same problem with Lotus Fan, it stops working while I am killing Daedra in the Imperial City.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    So far looks like we got Gap CLOSED >:):'(
  • Banichi1
    Banichi1
    Soul Shriven
    Same problem. Toppling Charge remained constantly greyed out in non-cp BG. Never would let me use it during the deathmatch.
  • kabutozero
    kabutozero
    Soul Shriven
    for some reason I looked at my skills in the middle of a bg and I saw ambush had a range again so I equipped it and used it until It finished. next bg it was bugged again
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/543129/leap-abilites-bug

Another person with the same problem and yet no fix or even a constructive answer.
    That's a great team.
  • ainwyll
    ainwyll
    Soul Shriven
    While playing around a bit I found that there is no range is displayed for any ability when entering the silenced area in no-CP IC (i.e. directly when you enter a district). As soon as you leave the silenced area, they return, except for abilities that the game considers a gap closer (Take Flight would not display its range, but snipe and Stone Giant will).

I didn't test if any of those actually work, but considering that the problem seems to happen only with gap closers I think the the regular ranged abilities work. It is interesting that the problem only occurs in PVP areas where there is some kind of protected starting zone; I wouldn't be surprised if the gap closers were just not re-enabled after leaving it, or something similar at least, because their range does not come back.
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    ainwyll wrote: »
    It is interesting that the problem only occurs in PVP areas where there is some kind of protected starting zone; I wouldn't be surprised if the gap closers were just not re-enabled after leaving it, or something similar at least, because their range does not come back.

That's exactly what I'm thinking.
    We're supposed to get the range ability back after leaving the protected area, but that is not happening with gap closer abilities.
    Could probably be a quick fix, but it's not a crown thing, so it will stay like that - unplayable - or be fixed in the next chapter. Come one, that the 3rd day with the bug...
  • kingsforged
    kingsforged
    ✭✭✭
    Also had this, my NB ambush and critical charge 2h skill wouldn't work, happened in a few BGs now. Had another player on my team complain of the same bug. It just refuses to target and says everything is out of range.
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone get any replies or updates on their bug / feedback reports, if they are accepting this as a bug?

Has anyone else been trying to figure out how to "avoid" the issue?

I'm using a gear manager to swap out sets / skills before and after during the entering / waiting period, but getting mixed results. Chalking it up to random coincidence so far. some times it works, and some times it doesn't..

Some times we feel like a nut, some times we don't... Almond J... nvm
  • FriedEggSandwich
    FriedEggSandwich
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Outside Amaya Lake Lodge in Vvardenfell there is a creature/insect (can't remember what it's called) that always opens with a leap/gap closer that will stun if not blocked. But since the new patch he doesn't, cause his leap is broken. I've always hated him being outside my house, but now I feel sorry for him.
    Edited by FriedEggSandwich on August 27, 2020 2:15AM
    PC | EU
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    sMuggle wrote: »
    Anyone get any replies or updates on their bug / feedback reports, if they are accepting this as a bug?

Not a single reply. It's like we don't exist for ZOS.

• QQKimchi
    QQKimchi
    Same issue, dragon leap, toppling charge, shield charge you name it can't use it in imperial city.
  • daktary2001
    daktary2001
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Every charge, leap or gap closer skills unavailable in imperial city upper. No answer from "support"