Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(BUG) Dragonknight: Ferocious Leap - range removed

• DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or the real pickle! People roll dodging it.
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    "PC/Mac: No maintenance – August 31"

In other words: no fix.
    Nice
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Battlegrounds and Imperial City upper districts, none of my ranged moves have range. DK leap, Critical Rush, and so on.

Working as Intended™
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • Fettkeewl
    Fettkeewl
    ✭✭✭
    GAME BREAKING!
    same here..Stampede in BGS greyed out
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just great :'(

Broken in time for IC event. :s
  • Fettkeewl
    Fettkeewl
    ✭✭✭
    Is this fixed yet? Can you use gap closers in pvp..?
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's not fixed and no answers from ZOS.

I believe I've found a way to prevent that.
    I'm absolutely sure that this bug is something to this with this buff:

y6damoak451g.png

The very momment you step in a BG or upper districts in IC, "Chain Pull Range Suppression" buff removes the range from your gape closer abilities.
    The point is, it removes permanently after update 27 and doesn't matter if you die, reloadui or log out.
    So, what you have to do is:

Step 1) Remove the skill from your bar BEFORE you queue for BG or before you climb the ladders in IC, and let it unslotted while you're in the safe area. (as said before, once this buff touches your ability, it removes the range permanently and you cannot let that happen)
    Step 2) Now, you'll only re-slot your gap closer ability when you actually leave the safe area and start to play in the lower site. That's because you only lose that "Chain Pull Range Suppression" after you leave the safe area.

Interesting to think is that only the initial "Chain Pull Range Suppression" makes the bug. So, when you die, you don't need to worry, you ability will still work. But you have to repeat the process for every battleground or IC instance. You can download and use one of that addons that quick switch gears and skills with a shortcut to make the process easy.

Tested with Ferocious Leap and Toppling Charge, in battlegrounds and IC.

I hope with this kind of feedback they can fix this bug before IC event.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't use Leap in at least 50% of the BGs I played today: both MagDK and StamDK...rather annoying bug!!!
    Edited by Rhaegar75 on August 29, 2020 6:20PM
  • kabutozero
    kabutozero
    Soul Shriven
    dmvab wrote: »

y6damoak451g.png

The very momment you step in a BG or upper districts in IC, "Chain Pull Range Suppression" buff removes the range from your gape closer abilities.
    The point is, it removes permanently after update 27 and doesn't matter if you die, reloadui or log out.

Step 1) Remove the skill from your bar BEFORE you queue for BG or before you climb the ladders in IC, and let it unslotted while you're in the safe area. (as said before, once this buff touches your ability, it removes the range permanently and you cannot let that happen)
    Step 2) Now, you'll only re-slot your gap closer ability when you actually leave the safe area and start to play in the lower site. That's because you only lose that "Chain Pull Range Suppression" after you leave the safe area.

Interesting to think is that only the initial "Chain Pull Range Suppression" makes the bug. So, when you die, you don't need to worry, you ability will still work. But you have to repeat the process for every battleground or IC instance. You can download and use one of that addons that quick switch gears and skills with a shortcut to make the process easy.

This works man ! at least we have a workaroundn ow

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

y6damoak451g.png

Big freakin awesome to you :)

Thanks for debugging or giving us a work around. I am sure ZOS appreciates you doing their job for them. Now if they would only fix it in time for the IC event.

Be safe and have fun :)
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Great work on debugging the issue!
    :)

I’m on console so I don’t have this new update yet.

I don’t use that particular skill because of my class but I assume you are saying I would need to remove the s&b gap closer in the same manner as above.

I have a stamina PvP build so playing without a gap closer will be very difficult, I hope ZOS gets a fix for this as soon as possible.

I can’t do any damage from a distance with s&b and dw and running all the time will drain my stamina and leave me no resources left to fight.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• daktary2001
    daktary2001
    ✭✭✭
    Same issue here. Every charge, leap or gap closer skills unavailable in imperial city upper. No answer from "support".

Dear Zos, would you kindly DO YER JOB !?
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I could observe:
    • Only happens in pvp: Battlegrounds and Imperial City (upper site);
    • It's permanent: doesn't matter if you die, relog, reloadui;
    • Affects only gap closers abilities removing their ranges, making them unable to cast it;
    • Not everybody is having the bug, otherwise forum would have tons of messages;
    • ZOS is neglecting because it's just few people with the problem. (consigering the lack of answers or fix at this point)

same observations, wrote an in-game bugreport including a screenshot and also mentioning that the only "fix" is to leave the affected zone (BG, IC) COMPLETELY. Even crashing the game and restarting will not change it.

OH, and tyvm for the workaround @dmvab, will check it out next time I go to IC or BG.
    Edited by visionality on August 30, 2020 11:34AM
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    You are not the only one. The fix i found i to switch to cyro no-cp and back to ic-cp each time the bug happens.

Fix it before the event please.
  • Fettkeewl
    Fettkeewl
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This needs your atention please! I for one have not been doing any pvp for atleast 2 days now because everytime I enter battlegrounds my charge is greyed out and rangeless
  • Vanagrand
    Vanagrand
    ✭✭✭
    p9oqtbyh977i.png
    z3uz1k9f2f35.png

It happens all the time for no apparent reason, only fix that works 50% of the time is to start switching campaign to no-cp to cp cyro and ic.

This needs to be addressed asap please.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭

y6damoak451g.png

it didnt fix it for me ,
    its still happening randomly even when I dont have gap closer in my bar , when I slot it back after joining a bg it dosent work
    such a game breaking bug should be fixed in a quick hotfix , I have to leave 1/3 of my battlegrounds because of this bug
    WTF are they doing!
  • Volckodav
    Volckodav
    ✭✭✭
    Hi Guys,

I have the same issue, Dragon Leap not working in the new BG IC map, like I have no target, skill stay grey, that a game breaking because I just cannot use my ultimate ><

I will try to check if I have this weird buff range suppression and test this.

Hope it will be fix soon!!
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crap, no word on a fix yet...

I wonder how long this bug will be on console. I predict two weeks minimum. Looks like it will be awhile until I'm able to test my build tweaks for today's console patch.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    You're out of range, he's out of range, you you you and you, you're all out of range. This hole damn game is out of range
  • paulychan
    paulychan
    ✭✭✭✭
    The ic event is now the "we have been trying to tell yo mamma for years" event. Or, the gap closer event. The great gap closer, otherwise known as my uncle larry. Gaps for everyone, it's a social distance thing. Live, live live gap brand pants. So classy. Oh hey, what's that behind you, oh that's just your immense gap.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

It's been a full week since ZOS addressed this significant bug (especially with the IC event).

Can we get an acknowledgement that it is a confirmed bug at least?
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • dmvab
    dmvab
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could we please have some answers? I believe we deserve that.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wall of silence. :(

• The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fantastic communication skills at work here.
  • celner4_ESO
    celner4_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I’m on ps4 console and having this bug as well with toppling charge and even with the temporary fix dmvab found god bless him lol it still will bug out randomly for me... canceling my sub until this is fixed all I do really is pvp and don’t want time I paid for wasted cause of bugs! Hopefully they’re working towards a fix and the few responses not directly acknowledging the issue is there hopefully is due to ZoS working on finding that fix. All they’d have to do is log into a character with a gap closer and enter IC/BGs and zos will find the bug themselves easily and speedily enough.... me personally it would always happen after a death in IC or while killing trash mobs. Cheers and good luck ZoS!
    Edited by celner4_ESO on September 2, 2020 7:15PM
    What is Truth? Not my own truth, and not your truth. But Universal Truth, that is an absolution.
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    same here. ambush doesnt work. im in bgs btw.
  • GetAgrippa
    GetAgrippa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When the IC event starts and this bug persists, Zos is going to get flooded with complaints about this. It's ridiculous there's no acknowledgement of this yet. Why not acknowledge it now? They can't just pretend it's not happening because the IC event is going to put it on everyone's radar. There are going to be a ton of new threads.
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fix please
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight