Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

It is time for Class Change Token

• AlyennahsCrafting
    AlyennahsCrafting
    ✭✭✭
    As a returning player I was quite surprised to find out that this is the ONE thing you can't change. You can even change your account name, look, everything. Just not that. And yeah, if for instance you've got a char you love but which just doesn't work for you, when another class would as you've since discovered.. Why not? And they get paid for their trouble too! Win-win, right?
    When Alyennnah is not here, she's probably crafting. Quite possibly at Alyennah's Crafting in Wayrest. Or maybe she's out there, looking for new materials, recipes and styles to use in crafting. She wants to craft all the things.
  • meekmiko
    meekmiko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they made class change tokens but gave them a super lengthy cooldown or made them very expensive that could work to prevent everyone from just class swapping on a whim.

This idea actually does just that, @OneForSorrow ... it lets players change on a whim.

The focus of your proposal should be on accessibility and not the cooldown. Once a player changes, they’re done ... no thought about their character or theorycrafting needed.

Not that it matters. ZOS has said they have no interest in class change tokens.

ZOS said the same thing about Alliance Tokens, and yet here we are.
    There's no reason they can't make one.
    🌟PC/NA CP2000+ [Been playing since 2016]
    vMA / vVH / vDSA / vBRP / vAA HM / vSO HM / vHRC HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS+1& +1 / vCR+2 / vSS / vRG
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun, Dro-m'Athra Destroyer / Bosmer StamSorc (DPS) -Main DPS-
    • ☀️ 🛡️ EP - Mihi'Mai-Ra, Plague of Peryite / Khajiit StamPlar (Tank) -Main Tank-
    • ☀️ ✨ EP - Lady Lapa'au, The Magnanimous / Khajiit MagPlar (Healer) -Main Healer-
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Ra'venk, Style Master / Khajiit MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ EP - Bird gra-Shuzgub, Forge Breaker / Orc StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ✨ EP - Blades-at-the-Ready, Witch / Argonian MagBlade (Healer)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Lady Fortuna the Blessed, Grand Champion / Imperial StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🔥 🛡️ EP - Plays-in Volcanoes, Mystic / Argonian StamDK (Tank)
    • 💀 ☄️ EP - Ko'shamari the Doomweaver, Dovahkriid / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
    • 🌱 ✨ EP - Sorvete, Countess / Khajiit StamDen (Healer)
    • 🔥 🏹 EP - Falora Veloth, The Merciless / Dunmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 🌩️ 🛡️ AD - Shimmers-with-Static, Spark of Vengeance / Argonian StamSorc (Tank)
    • ☀️ ⚔️ EP - Amarri-do the Magnificent, Clan Mother / Khajiit StamPlar (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Z'majii-dar the Quick, Battlegrounds Butcher / Khajiit StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ EP - Habasi the Glamorous, Seeker of Artifacts / Khajiit StamDK (DPS)
    • ❄️ 🛡️ EP - Elísabet Skull-Smasher, Thane of Falkreath / Nord StamDen (Tank)
    • 🗡️ 🛡️ EP - Yana-la the Iron Lotus, Silver Knight / Khajiit StamBlade (Tank)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Mog gra-Ushug the Scholar, Master Historian / Orc MagCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🔨 EP - Mamaea the Sledgehammer, Alpha Predator / Khajiit StamCanist (DPS)
    • 👁️ 🏹 AD - Elsyiir Lichenhollow, Lady / Bosmer StamCanist (DPS)
    • & I only dabble on the PC/EU server sometimes
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Jessamine Seed-Nightrun / Bosmer StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ⚔️ EP - Sings-a-Song-of-Storms / Argonian StamSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ☄️ DC - Helainie the Shadebringer / Breton MagBlade (DPS)
    • 🌩️ ☄️ EP - Steals-Many-Hearts / Argonian MagSorc (DPS)
    • 🗡️ ⚔️ AD - Pashet the Nimble / Khajiit StamBlade (DPS)
    • 🔥 🏹☄️ EP - Furoni the Ember / Dunmer HybridDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ EP - Am-Kesh / Argonian MagCanist (DPS)
    • 💀 ⚔️ AD - Dro'Vashpar the Corrupted / Khajiit StamNecro (DPS)
    • 🔥 ⚔️ AD - Eldrinthr the Flame-Heart / Bosmer StamDK (DPS)
    • 👁️ ☄️ AD - Bajaa the Blackened Beast / Khajiit MagNecro (DPS)
  • DreamsUnderStars
    DreamsUnderStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps ZOS needs to come up with the idea themselves before they implement it? Kinda like how Blizzard takes ideas from the community but then gets angry when someone claims it was their idea in the first place. lol
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I would buy one. If the game starts working
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have mixed feelings here. Rolling new characters is a thing in MMORPGs. Want to be a new class? Make a new character, add to a flow of new characters that can make it easier for new PLAYERS to do things.

But in ESO what we call "class" is really just three skill lines. Three of many that make up your end build.

If they made class change tokens but gave them a super lengthy cooldown or made them very expensive that could work to prevent everyone from just class swapping on a whim.

Don't even need a long cooldown. Just set all the class skill lines to zero and let the timer be the grind to unlock them all.

Let people throw money at this. The rest of us will just swap to our alts if needed. Or just not care about changes.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meekmiko wrote: »

This idea actually does just that, @OneForSorrow ... it lets players change on a whim.

The focus of your proposal should be on accessibility and not the cooldown. Once a player changes, they’re done ... no thought about their character or theorycrafting needed.

That's a pretty surprising comment from someone who already has 18 character slots filled and all classes represented ...
  • Arnoldthehawk
    Arnoldthehawk
    ✭✭✭

That's a pretty surprising comment from someone who already has 18 character slots filled and all classes represented ...

What is your endgame here? People obviously want Class Change. They have their reasons just like other players had with Alliance Change tokens. Its their reasons and it has ZERO impact on your way of life. ZoS said lot of things, and as any development team they can change their mind. But for that they are in need of feedback. This post, and the 17 other just in the past two years asking for Class Change Tokens, and the many more before that is the feedback. And you try to shoot it down with one liners... why?

I’m playing since the very begining. I had a hard time to chose a class because they aren’t really fitting in my ideals, but eventually I chose DK, because I loved the Elder Scrolls world. Now, 5 years later, many many progress done behind my back, quests, achievements, crafting, skyshards, pvp and pve I just can’t left it. I can’t focus my efforts and time I get to play this game to an other character, when so much has been achieved on this one. But I am bored. I didn’t even like the thematics of the starter classes, and now I despise my DK. But not his history. I want to play a Necromancer. I’m a dd, and I love magicka based abilities and as the CURRENT META SAYS I will have a hard time achieve the same petformance I do right now with my magicka DK. But even then I want to be a Necromancer. And thinking about the fact that it is JUST THE MATTER OF THREE SKILL LINES is making my even more frustrated. This is important to me and the only one who will be affected my this change would be me. So I can’t wrap my head around the nay-sayers. They said “nay” to Alliance Change Tokens” too, but here we are. What people not think about the possibilities of replayability. Giving the people choice regarding costumization of their playstyle NEVER caused problem.

We need Class Change Tokens. People asks for it, they did 4 years before and also today. Just like with Alliance Change. Surprise surprise nay-sayers were wrong, the negative impact was hoax, just like now with Class Change. Please ZoS, make it happen.
  • ivanakamarkus
    ivanakamarkus
    ✭✭✭
    couldn't agree more, i would love a class change token, please ZOS make this happen
  • the1andonlyskwex
    the1andonlyskwex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a terrible idea. It would just encourage people to chase the FotM even more than they do now.

Imagine a world where raid groups not only want 8 StamCro DPS, but where they can actually get them, easily. Anybody who doesn't switch to the FotM will basically be shut out of endgame content.

Yuck.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People obviously want Class Change. They have their reasons just like other players had with Alliance Change tokens.

Except people want class change for the wrong reasons. Which I think I've explained above but will re-iterate -- being able to change class on a whim means players can now put zero (0) thought into their character creation and leveling.

I want to play a Necromancer.

Ummm ... if you're so worried about what the "CURRENT META SAYS" roll a new Necro?

With 18 character slots you can play every class on multiple characters. More importantly, you can level up every class so you can be ready for the next "CURRENT META" after Necromancer ... and then the next "CURRENT META" after that.

Achievements are purely cosmetic ... they aren't required for combat or most other aspects of gameplay. I highly doubt you're one of those handful of players challenging for 41k achievement points.

Players can call me a nay-sayer until they're blue in the face. I have no problem with that. But at the end of the day, ZOS has said (recently) that they're not interested in class change tokens.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on August 11, 2020 6:47PM
  • Eirikir
    Eirikir
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather my main be a nightblade if I'm being honest.
    Server: PS4-NA
    PSN: Eirikir
    Name: Eirikir "Erik" Kololf
    Alliance: Ebonheart Pact
    Race: Nord (Lycanthrope)
    Class: Dragonknight (Range DPS)
    Playstyle: Crafter, PVE, PVP, Roleplayer
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been waiting and holding off of playing because of this since morrowind. Just want my orc to be a warden and not a nightblade.

In that time you've been waiting, you could have easily leveled up an Orc Warden, @SwedishMini ...

Could've also not wasted time doing it and played other games. Which was more fun than grinding up another character.

If the very little work it takes to get a character fully ready for the end game is that arduous for you then it seems playing a different game is the best choice, which seems to be what you have already chosen.

If Zos were to offer a class change token it will likely make the large crown only housing look cheap. Zos already has offered everything in the crown store to allow someone to fully level up a new character in a day and have it ready for PvP or PvE raiding. There is no reason to think it would be a similar cost to race change because of all that Zos has already offered for sale.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And the answer to this is in my previous post. Yes, there is no reason why they cannot but there a very solid reason why they will not and if they do why it will be one of the more expensive items in the crown store.
  • HerrPulaRau
    HerrPulaRau
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love a class change token also. I do have all classes, leveled up to max. Meta is beside the point. If "everyone being meta" is the issue that can be easily fix by not allowing to change into a class you haven't already maxed.

The reasons I wanna change is that my nb suffered so many changes over the years (I play since beta) that I don't enjoy as much as I did in the beginning it any more. I feel like playing a templar. And I do have a fully geared maxed templar. But I lack the history, quests, achievements on it. Yes they are purely cosmetic, some of them not even that. But they matter to me. Some of them I made with specific friends that I haven't see in ages, they do remind me of them. Some of them with my family and I enjoyed that also. I don't have the time to sink in the 30 dailies achievements again. And would be no fun.

I see no reason to not add this. Slap a price as big as the sum of skyshards port if you think it would lower other sells. Limit it to chars older than X years if you think ppl would keep switching around.

And @people that say "making a new char is easy" or "you can already purchase your way to endgame": It takes like 2 days to solo lvl a char from 0 to hero with above avg build. Ppl don't want class change for that and anyone aiming for meta can easily do it. They want class change for chars that were leveled "with love" over many years and have a history behind them. You cannot relevel them or relive them. Maybe you should stop thinking about minmaxing and have a little fun in game.
  • Athan1
    Athan1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS prob thinks it's more profitable to make people have alts to try different classes. Honestly, a super expensive class change token would generate *more* revenue. People will pay heaps to change classes all the time, ON TOP of having a gazillion of alts. Altoholics will continue having many alts AND spend a fortune on these tokens bc they change their mind every other Friday.

For people that don't have the energy to grind an alt, we can just pay money to try different classes. Win-win for everyone.

Can we also address the elephant in the room? How in Oblivion can a char change their race?? How can the same Altmer change into an Argonian? This doesn't make any sense! Only a class change token makes sense - the Altmer Sorc went to the Dragonguard and learnt how to be a Dragonknight... Logic...
    Edited by Athan1 on August 20, 2020 12:11AM
    Athan Atticus Imperial Templar of Shezarr
  • dillonES
    dillonES
    ✭✭
    I'm for a class change token, I've leveled multiple characters, and done the story missions several times like others have as well, but i can't stand to do them over for whatever number of time again. recently I actually stopped playing because i want my main character as a different class, but I can't be bothered going through all those story missions, and other non conected class content, its too much. If ZOS adds a class change then I will defenitely be putting more time in ESO if not i can't be bothered coming back. Lastly kind of a weird end note, but i find it weird how most mmo's have a class change token, and no other change tokens at all meanwhile ESO has pretty much everything except a class change token.
    'Devourer of Sweetrolls"
  • TechnoDreamVision
    TechnoDreamVision
    ✭✭✭
    attention ZOS, willing to pay $$$ for a class change token
  • HertoginJanneke
    HertoginJanneke
    ✭✭✭✭
    I never understood the race change token. It is like changing a whale into a sparrow. It can not be done. But unfortunately, in Tamriel, it can. Big failure

I can live with the an alliance change, but not with how the did it. I think it should have been combined with a huge penalty in PVP ( for a period of time (real playing time in Cyrodiil) more incoming damage, less outgoing damage, less AP gained from/against your former alliance). But they didn't. Welcome in your new alliance, your old alliance isn't even angry with you.

A class change makes sense to me, but they do have to do better than with the alliance change. Maybe a quest should be involved (might be too much work), and in the beginning (real time playing) it should be at least a struggle to play your new class (high chance of failing class skills for example). But it sounds like a cash cow, so I think the class change token will enter the crown store one day, without any restrictions. And I would buy it, just like the alliance and race change tokens (hey, I'm no saint ;-p)
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hasn’t thus been asked for years ago and yet Zos haven’t giving it to you ! Surely that’s you’re answer it’s not happening
  • SpearofBitterMercy
    SpearofBitterMercy
    ✭✭✭
    my main is special for me, but they released warden a while back and it matches my main more then nightblade, i have to many memories with him just to make another character i've already maxed out 7 characters, so it isn't just because i can't.
  • ExoY
    ExoY
    ✭✭✭
    I feel class change token should be a thing.

The reason race change token were introduced, so people can adapted to changes made with new patches.
    With the same logic class change token are a must have in my opinion.

I created my main five years back, where there was no warden or necro. He ought to become a healer, and at that time templar was the class to go. At the moment, Templar do not really bring anything special to the fight anymore, as a result most progression groups dont want templar heals.
    And after having done everything else, end game content and progression groups is all there is left for me to do.

Before anybody says, I can create new characters. I already have 12. One magica and one stamina for each class, and all of them are ready to play endgame content.
    So yeah my main reson, i'd like to be able to class change my main are achievments, because i'd like to have all the really hard achivements (e.g. Goldslayer, Gryphonheart....) on my main.
    So things like Account Achivments would also be a solution du my situation.
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. The Alliance Change Token was the improbable thing in the game, and it is usefull. We really need Class Change Token now.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Considering we are coming up on five months for this thread and we are only on the second page, it seems we are not even close to the time for a class change token due to the lack of interest. Zos seems swayed by interest.
  • washbern
    washbern
    ✭✭✭✭
    This isn't zos anymore. Now its Microsoft. We have to find how to tickle their fancy
  • xI_The_Owl_Ix
    xI_The_Owl_Ix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My main is NB with 30k+ achievement points, 245 days (!!!) played,350 skills points, 90% of all the motifs learned, 500+ furnishing plans learned, Master Angler, Ex-Emp, Grand Overlord in PvP, 80+ titles which include a lot of DLC dungeon tri-fectas and I cant be bothered playing on it anymore.

Playing a NB makes 0 fun to me (except breaking the game and glitching out of bounds with shade). I recently created a StamDK and changed his race to my mains and recreated him but for the love of god I just cant bring myself to grind all these things and re-buy all of those motifs/plans.

I would love to change my main to a DK or PLEASE make achievements/titles/motifs/consumables account wide. Because right now Im not really enjoying my time on the game on my NB.
  • DoomGrunt624
    DoomGrunt624
    ✭✭✭
    My main is NB with 30k+ achievement points, 245 days (!!!) played,350 skills points, 90% of all the motifs learned, 500+ furnishing plans learned, Master Angler, Ex-Emp, Grand Overlord in PvP, 80+ titles which include a lot of DLC dungeon tri-fectas and I cant be bothered playing on it anymore.

Playing a NB makes 0 fun to me (except breaking the game and glitching out of bounds with shade). I recently created a StamDK and changed his race to my mains and recreated him but for the love of god I just cant bring myself to grind all these things and re-buy all of those motifs/plans.

I would love to change my main to a DK or PLEASE make achievements/titles/motifs/consumables account wide. Because right now Im not really enjoying my time on the game on my NB.

I understand. When you have so much progression on your fav character but wanna change class, it's painfull.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You don't need class change tokens ... it's about leveling up a character up to Lv50.

It's much more about simply leveling to 50. You will know if you've ever built alts at higher cp or after playing for quite some time.

All the skill lines, skyshards, PvP ranks, map unlocks, titles, etc. - These are the real time consuming grinds.

You may grind to lv 50 in a few days, but I don't think you can do the same on high PvP ranks, skyshards all around the world, and all achievements from dungeons, trials, arenas, etc.

You may buy SOME of those like skyshards with crown but it will be costly. Many other items are still not purchasable.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • LightYagami
    LightYagami
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Expensive would be an accessibility thing. My thinking is a barrier against people mass swapping each time the meta changes.

In addition to charging a high price, there's a simple way to solve the frequent swapping problem. For example, limiting one toon can only change class at most once a year, or even one account can only do it once per year.
    No improvement on Cyrodill servers -> no ESO plus renewal.
  • RPGplayer13579
    RPGplayer13579
    ✭✭✭✭
    YEESSS!!!!
    My Characters.

Mike Snow - Imperial - Templar - One-Handed and Shield - Tank - Daggerfall Covenant - Commander.
    Catelyn Rivers - Breton - Sorcerer - Destruction Staff - Daggerfall Covenant - Telvanni Magister.
    Ashara Sand - Redguard - Warden - Two-Handed/One-Handed and Shield - Daggerfall Covenant - Heroic.
    Tormund gro-Largash - Orsimer - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Daggerfall Covenant - Furious.
    Lysa Rivers - Breton - Nightblade - Bow/One-Handed and Shield - Vampire - Daggerfall Covenant - Brassy Assassin.

Jon Karstark - Nord - Dragonknight - Two-Handed - Ebonheart Pact - Drunk.
    Arya Sand - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Assassin.
    Sansa Snow - Impeial - Warden - Destruction Staff/One-Handed and Shield - Ebonheart Pect - Swashbuckler.
    Jojen Reed-Walker - Argonian - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Ebonheart Pact - Melancholy.
    Alys Karstark - Nord - Nightblade - Bow/Dual Wield - Ebonheart Pact - Minstrel.

Nymeria Woods - Bosmer - Nightblade - Bow - Aldmeri Dominion - Thief.
    Brandon Wings - Altmer - Templar - Restoration Staff - Healer - Aldmeri Dominion - Scholar.
    Lyanna Flowers - Altmer - Sorcerer - Sword/Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Duchess.
    Marvolo-jo Riddle - Khajiit - Necromancer - Destruction Staff - Aldmeri Dominion - Deadlands Firewalker.
    Obara Woods - Bosmer - Templar - Bow - Werewolf - Aldmeri Dominion - Cheerful.

• Pajor
    Pajor
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, once a year per account seems reasonable. Would love to change my magsorc into a necro. But cant due to titles and achievements that are too hard to redo