The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

PvP - Removal of skilled Gameplay

• ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    e-rwan wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »
    Proc sets are free damage
    Free damage lowers the skill gap
    Low skill gap, bad game

Proc set are not free damage, you are loosing a stat set to wear them. They're more like an additional ability.

I think they are more like free damage. You do not need to do anything other than left click to activate most of them. Skills cost resources proc sets don't. I would say something acquired at no cost is free damage. In the proposed patch notes they also do, double damage of most skills.

I actually think proc sets are fine and want PvP to be more accessible for new players. I don't think they should do more damage than skills, considering they are free.

Lol at using new players as an excuse to justify these horrible proc sets and buffs. These sets are literally anti new player as the new player entering cyrodiil will just be yeeted by them as veteran players are all wearing cheese. These sets won’t help new players at all but rather hurt their pvp experience.
  • TeIvanni
    TeIvanni
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand many players here are unhappy with how powerful proc sets are looking to be next patch.
    The argument here seems to be "These sets deal a large amount of damage, without requiring much player input"

However, the biggest issue for PvP recently has been lag and unplayable servers.
    I would argue that the change to proc sets, if it significantly lowers server load (due to not requiring as many calculations and checks, because they have simpler proc conditions) is actually a step in the right direction.

I 100% agree that if proc sets are going to be very easy to activate, their damage output shouldn't be as high as some of the tool-tips we have seen out of this thread.

However, if the changes to how proc sets are calculated make cyrodiil playable during primetime hours...
    I would say it is a good change.

Because playing with and against overpowered proc sets on a responsive and reactive server is much more enjoyable than walking through enemies aoes and not being able to be damaged or to damage anyone for several minutes at a time until you are either booted from the game or some of the damage catches up with you and you find yourself dead from god knows what, because proc sets are calculating and recalculating and bogging the server down with unnecessary calculations.
    -Telvanni
    The Greatest of the Great Houses

Late Night ERP GM
    Nightfighters - Officer/Raid Lead
    [Immortal Redeemer]
    [Gryphonheart]
    [Tick-Tock Tormentor]

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    @Joy_Division
    Got anything to say that isn't a strawman? I never said proc sets take skill to activate, I said they take skill to use effectively. You went to the trouble of bolding that sentence so it's not like you missed it.

Yeah, when proc sets are activated, they are used. Look at Eathgore again. Auto burst heal when target drops below 50% health. Viper is extra damage upon doing melee damage. Pariah auto raises your resistance the less health you have. Real high skill level stuff there.

If you want armor sets to play the game for you, that's fine. But it's not skillful gameplay.

• pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »
    I understand many players here are unhappy with how powerful proc sets are looking to be next patch.
    The argument here seems to be "These sets deal a large amount of damage, without requiring much player input"

However, the biggest issue for PvP recently has been lag and unplayable servers.
    I would argue that the change to proc sets, if it significantly lowers server load (due to not requiring as many calculations and checks, because they have simpler proc conditions) is actually a step in the right direction.

I 100% agree that if proc sets are going to be very easy to activate, their damage output shouldn't be as high as some of the tool-tips we have seen out of this thread.

However, if the changes to how proc sets are calculated make cyrodiil playable during primetime hours...

Because playing with and against overpowered proc sets on a responsive and reactive server is much more enjoyable than walking through enemies aoes and not being able to be damaged or to damage anyone for several minutes at a time until you are either booted from the game or some of the damage catches up with you and you find yourself dead from god knows what, because proc sets are calculating and recalculating and bogging the server down with unnecessary calculations.

So what you are saying is let's kill gameplay for the sake of performance? ***?

I mean if complicated Proc conditions cause server load then there is an easier way to ease server load. Make them not Proc at all in pvp. Problem solved.
  • Major_Lag
    Major_Lag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TeIvanni wrote: »

"We (ZOS) can't fix Cyrodiil performance so let's just destroy the foundations of skilled PvP gameplay to try and maybe improve the performance a little."
    Great logic there. Why not just delete all PvP from the game, that will fix the performance issues once and for all. /s
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah not sure I'd be happy with the alternative if not being able to activate abilities because of lag, being "let this activate for you." Why not just make it a RTS or a card game at that point?
  • DUTCH_REAPER
    DUTCH_REAPER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I got a purge. Bring it
  • Snowgoons
    Snowgoons
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    I think it’s sad how there are still PvPers who play with the mindset of “there is so much potential in ESO surely it will improve”.....

It’s not gonna improve. Ever.

Simply the facts that ZOS is proving.

Rollin' round Tamriel on that skooma wasted like a failed Grand Theft Auto mission.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Wolfe wrote: »
    @Joy_Division
    Got anything to say that isn't a strawman? I never said proc sets take skill to activate, I said they take skill to use effectively. You went to the trouble of bolding that sentence so it's not like you missed it.

Yeah, when proc sets are activated, they are used. Look at Eathgore again. Auto burst heal when target drops below 50% health. Viper is extra damage upon doing melee damage. Pariah auto raises your resistance the less health you have. Real high skill level stuff there.

If you want armor sets to play the game for you, that's fine. But it's not skillful gameplay.

Proc set changes in the first patch notes, and the aoe changes in the third....But for what you ask? World Domination? Nay.

Maybe the plan all along is to replace player cast aoe abilities with proc cast aoe abilities?
  • ebix_
    ebix_
    ✭✭✭✭
    not only they buffing proc sets they also nerfed good alternatives to proc sets , like new moon . it can't be more obvious that they never played thier own game .
    even thier calculator based changes defies thier own "standards" :D .

in 5 piece bonus :
    Law of Julianos = 300 SD
    Armor of the Seducer = 10% mag reduce cost
    so if you say 5% is equal to 150 SD
    then new moon with 5% increased cost should have 150 more SD than Julianos . yes the new moon is hybrid but the cost increase is hybrid too . now funny part is thier reasoning : This was done to make up for the fact that the resource cost increase penalty can be easily alleviated in group settings by having allies supply you with sets or synergies. So again no [snip] given for solo players .

as you can see not even they don't play thier own game ,to make changes thier reasoning > thier own standards

in conclusion next patch is one of the patches you just log in and do some daily writs and then alt f4 .

[Edited for Censor Bypass]
    Edited by Psiion on August 7, 2020 2:55AM
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ebix_ wrote: »
    not only they buffing proc sets they also nerfed good alternatives to proc sets , like new moon . it can't be more obvious that they never played thier own game .
    even thier calculator based changes defies thier own "standards" :D .

in 5 piece bonus :
    Law of Julianos = 300 SD
    Armor of the Seducer = 10% mag reduce cost
    so if you say 5% is equal to 150 SD
    then new moon with 5% increased cost should have 150 more SD than Julianos . yes the new moon is hybrid but the cost increase is hybrid too . now funny part is thier reasoning : This was done to make up for the fact that the resource cost increase penalty can be easily alleviated in group settings by having allies supply you with sets or synergies. So again no [snip] given for solo players .

as you can see not even they don't play thier own game ,to make changes thier reasoning > thier own standards

in conclusion next patch is one of the patches you just log in and do some daily writs and then alt f4 .

This,

Look at Briarheart, still a 5 second downtime and a weak [snip] heal.

Same with Burning spellweave etc.

Meanwhile red mountain will do 6-7k burst damage every 8 seconds or so, and it literally procs off of light attacks too.

I think their idea is, that people running procsets will somehow be very squishy. They clearly havent seen the 40k hp draugrkin stamsorcs in bgs, or similarly dumb 30+k hp wardens rocking brp destro and icy conjuror etc.

The classes that are actually squishy in procsets are the ones that fully rely on stats like wpd/spd etc for their healing, so mostly templar and nightblade.

Edited by Psiion on August 7, 2020 2:56AM