Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Upcoming Patch Highlights & In-Progress Updates

• Possum
    Possum
    Soul Shriven
    @ZOS - Perhaps you should just perma-ban all accounts that have characters with names like cdcdxw or fgfgha. That would get a huge chunk of the bots and the gold spammers. In fact, set the game to automatically ban that account as soon as the character is created and loads in the Wailing Prison cell.
  • Magnys
    Magnys
    ✭✭
    While I love this game so far there are a good number of issues I see that will drive players away and keep others from joining up. I WANT this game to succeed so here is my long list (and these are all reasonable) of things that would help:

I agree with Fellwitch...the way Zenimax has xp distribution makes absolutely NO SENSE.

Dungeons are supposed to be tougher, thus, should give more xp in general.

Fighting things at or above your current level should give you MORE xp than if they were under your level.

Fighting "named" NPC's should give you even more xp than normal mobs. World mini-bosses and bosses should give not only more xp but nicer loot. Killing a named mob should not give a player white trash only or nothing.

As many have stated on here if a dungeon is noted as Solo then make it truly solo (or grouped) and not public. Public Dungeons need to have a cap on the number of players allowed to zone into it. Other games have and still do that, why not this one? Waiting around with a group of 20 folks to hopefully get at least one hit on a boss once is not fun and takes away from the "dungeon" experience.

Fix the loading screen issues QUICK. There should be no reason in today's MMO technology that people should be waiting 5+ minutes to zone. One of the reasons this is happening is the overload of your Megaservers.(As someone who works in as an IT I KNOW this is a huge cause of it)

While Megaservers sounded great, in the end they have proven to be more a pain for customers (and i'm sure you) than anything else. Your overall customer base is too large to have a Megaserver. If you have several servers your customers could possibly have less of a downtime. You could set certain servers to have "maintenance" at different intervals and then players would have the option to go to a different server while waiting if they see fit.

Speaking on maintenance...how about setting it so instead of bringing everything down you allow patch/fix downloads in the background. On restart the patch/fix would update and BOOSH, less downtime for your paying customers.

Implement a purchasable security key to log in to the game. It is another way to cut down on the number of hackers and gold farmers/sellers. Do not use the free, cell-phone type version that RIft uses as it can easily be hacked.

Lower the cost of respecing PLEASE. Or at the very least allow a free respec once every 10 levels or so.

That's about it for now....thank you for your time.

Magnys

To be the man you have to beat the man.
  • Morridune
    Morridune
    ✭✭
    i dont get why every1 is freaking out so much about the loot on public bosses sure there can be nice stuff but im mostly finding gear i make tends to be superior hell half the npc in crafting points tell you better stuff is crafted anything that deters ppl camping the boss spawn point so players can get the dungeon finished sooner is a plus in my books
  • Ragefanatik
    The boss thing is nice and all, but it's a band aid, start banning accounts that are found to be botters/gold farmers. Ban them fast enough and you make it so that they can't make money. $60 bucks per account, that means they have to farm a ton to get that money back, start banning. Otherwise your hurting your actual customers.
  • DirtySouthWookie
    how the hell do you stock up on grand soul gems now? that's fkn stupid.
    All you idiots will complain again when you are vr5 and use 100 grand soul gems a day but now you cant get them. GG.
  • hagadus
    hagadus
    Extremely happy with this game. Great to see all the fixes. It is trivial and I could be the only one, but any possibility of rotating patch days? Monday is my only day off to play.
  • Magnys
    Magnys
    ✭✭
    They basically already do alternate them or so it seems. Tomorrow and Friday are "normal" maintenance days. Still wondering why this patch could not have waited until tomorrow but whatever. Does this mean the game will go down a minimum of three times this week, AGAIN?

I'm with you though Hagadus, Mondays are my off-day (main gaming day) so any game downtime on this day is a bummer. Although it does give me a chance to do some housework/yard work though..lol.
    To be the man you have to beat the man.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you think people would bother forming a guild of three people for 10 spaces? Really? I disagree. It simply makes is possible for smaller guilds to exchange things amongst themselves.

The only problem with my idea is that it is a potential threat to large guilds' ability to recruit new players. Except for that, why would anyone even care?
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Jim_McMasterub17_ESO
    This is your developer discussion forum?

No wonder your customer service forum is inundated.
  • SuperScrubby
    SuperScrubby
    ✭✭✭
    Is that that this section is? I've completely disregarded where anything is posted due to the poor forum breakouts they have. The old beta forum hierarchy was waaaay better imo.
  • DRThree
    DRThree
    ✭✭
    Just wanted to drop a Atta-Boy and job well done to all the IT staff at ZOS. I know we grumble and complain about maintenance, but without it the game would quickly deteriorate.
    Keep your chins up it will get better.

P.S. I have found it takes about a thousand Atta-Boys to make up for one Ah-Sh*t.
  • Gloinox
    Gloinox
    I just want u to see this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ov3B26h12C4
    I mean he says some interesting stuff. I like the game very much but someone of zenimax should have a look at this!
  • Silowyi
    Silowyi
    ✭✭✭
    Have to say, while I love the game, he's not completely wrong and totally funny while being factual.

Think he should have given his girlfriend some face time though!
  • supernickx
    supernickx
    ✭✭✭
    What's coming in with the next patch? Only Craglorn? Other stuff..? Would be nice to see a roadmap of sorts.
  • infob16_ESO630
    I would love if the game had smaller battleground type PvP instead of this huge area that is Cyradiil. Also, please add functionality to change the appearance of your character -- paid or gold based. I made a char which i like but she's so dang tall. ^^
  • Nylan
    Nylan
    ✭✭
    I welcome the dungeon change, no more find your way to the campers. Maybe the boss fight will actually be fun, isn't that why its in the game? not so someone can spend all day killing the thing time after time after time....
  • johan.hara.arayaeb17_ESO
    I am sure someone has already said this in reply but, search function by item name in guild store? And if the reason for it not beeing in is because of console compatability I am sure there is a sollution for that as well. Simply put, with up to 500 members in a guild and ... knows how many items on the store, how can you not have such a function?
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Another good way to thwart people farming the hell out of the dungeon bosses:

Disable respawning in instanced dungeons. If you kill a monster or boss, its gone. For the dungeon to reset, leave the dungeon and wait 10-15 minutes, then the dungeon resets. You will have to go through all the trash mobs once more to get to the dungeon boss.

I may also want to add, lower the exp gained from dungeon trash mobs. People dont need to be farming them to get levels. Quest completion and boss kills (lesser extent) are what should be giving progress to your next level.

Trash mobs should also be more intrusive, meaning that you cant easily get by them. There can be a risk of getting by them through other means, but such a risk should come with equal punishment or success.

This coming from someone who never went to college or took any classes for gaming development.
    Edited by Tykune on April 22, 2014 8:53PM
  • Tykune
    Tykune
    ✭✭✭
    Gloinox wrote: »
    I mean he says some interesting stuff. I like the game very much but someone of zenimax should have a look at this!

This definitly needs to be bumped up to ZeniMax. Please view it.
  • Barile
    Barile
    It's a monthly sub game and many of his gripes and points are already addressed or way overblown.

For the most part AJ glosses over the fact that his gripes are aimed at a game that just launched. They also point out examples that are manipulated to fit their gripes. The "People disappear" thing wasn't due to phasing. That was a quest with 10+ fast-respawning NPCs that you have to collect. Yes it would be nice if team progress was shared but that had nothing to do with phasing. They also neglect to mention that you can travel to a player to get in phase with them.

Overall, seems he's just Angry cause they wouldn't give him a free sub or something.

The game has a ton of little bugs, very true, and in 2 months in these bugs are still here I'd be angry too. I also have a realistic idea of what it takes to make a game and find bugs in a game being hammered by hundreds of thousands of people.
  • Voodoo
    Voodoo
    ✭✭✭✭
    god your listening to a guy that is a single player champion ...he has no clue about MMO's or how they launch ...games been out for 18 days! if you cant take the growing pains head back to wow for a month or two.
  • Laura
    Laura
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Barile wrote: »
    It's a monthly sub game and many of his gripes and points are already addressed or way overblown.

For the most part AJ glosses over the fact that his gripes are aimed at a game that just launched. They also point out examples that are manipulated to fit their gripes. The "People disappear" thing wasn't due to phasing. That was a quest with 10+ fast-respawning NPCs that you have to collect. Yes it would be nice if team progress was shared but that had nothing to do with phasing. They also neglect to mention that you can travel to a player to get in phase with them.

Overall, seems he's just Angry cause they wouldn't give him a free sub or something.

The game has a ton of little bugs, very true, and in 2 months in these bugs are still here I'd be angry too. I also have a realistic idea of what it takes to make a game and find bugs in a game being hammered by hundreds of thousands of people.

actually I think hes upset because we sort of steamrolled over his little angry army the other day >< (was pretty funny)

our bad guys.

(seriously though he has some good points but most of it is overshadowed by falsities like you can buy any race any faction for 20 bucks and stupid things like that also complaints that the game is too easy without getting to veteran ranks or doing any dungeons that I saw among many other complaints. and as a small disclaimer I dont think us rolling over his army had anything to do with this review it was a joke)
    Edited by Laura on April 22, 2014 11:55PM
  • MatiasLobo
    MatiasLobo
    Soul Shriven
    We’ll be pushing a new patch during our regularly scheduled maintenance time tomorrow. The full patch notes will be available during the maintenance period, but we wanted to share the highlights with you now since they were a direct result of your feedback:
    • We have fixed issues with several quests that were blocking main quest progression. Those include Crossing the Chasm, Castle of the Worm, and The Army of Meridia.
    • We have fixed the issue with Liberation of Northpoint. The quest is now completable.
    • We have fixed several issues with Banished Cells that were making it uncompletable.
    • We have made many other quest fixes.
    • We have implemented many new things to thwart gold farmers, spammers, and botters.
    In-Progress Updates
    In addition to the fixes going live tomorrow, we want to give you a status update on some of the other hot issues we’re working on.

Missing Bank Slots, Stored Bank Items, and Skill Points – We're continuing to investigate the issue, and are working on a fix now. As soon as the fix is ready, we will push it out to the live megaservers. Please note: This may result in a second maintenance this week and when we do push the fix, it will not be retroactive. Know that we want to make this right for all impacted—we’re still exploring options to help those who have stored items/gold, and bank slots go missing.

Long Loading Times/Social Lag – Some people have been experiencing long loading times, guild chat lag, and other social systems lag, especially during peak times. We are aware of this and are actively investigating it. As soon as we have a fix, we will push it live.

Dungeon Treasure Chests – Based on feedback, we are changing treasure chests in instanced dungeons so that everyone gets a piece of loot regardless of who opens the chest. This change is currently being implemented and tested internally and will be released in a future patch as soon as it’s ready. Watch the patch notes for the news.

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback and concerns with us. We’ll continue to read and listen, and update you on known issues and their status.

So.... NOTHING about PVP problems and lack of exp gain (And VR points of course) on Cyrodiil???? How long must we wait?

Give some news about PVP, cause I have to decide if I gonna renew suscription.
  • vauscrollsb16_ESO
    u add that dugeon bosses conter *** u can forget my sub.
  • Sunrock
    Sunrock
    ✭✭✭

Public Dungeon & Delve Boss Monsters – Also based on feedback, we will be placing a timer on how often you can get loot from public dungeon and delve boss monsters. This timer is shared across all boss monsters in public dungeons and delves. This will not impact loot timers for quest-specific monsters or overworld group bosses. Watch the patch notes for news on when this change will go live.

Thank you for continuing to share your feedback and concerns with us. We’ll continue to read and listen, and update you on known issues and their status.

This will not really fix anything with bots though. And that the timers are shared across all bosses...
    Not so good for us "real" players... Well depending how long the timer is. But I guess its better then nothing.

Personally I would think it's better to push up the timer on public dungeon bosses to be the same as overworld bosses. And or stop the spawn timer to reset every time a new player enter a public dungeon.
  • witnezzb16_ESO
    witnezzb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Gloinox wrote: »

I'll second that bump, someone at Zenimax needs to sit down and watch this. Ignore the idiocy, put aside the butt hurt, and listen to the points being made.

If anything, at the very least, rework the horrid, ill conceived, almost useless group mechanics.

Edited by witnezzb16_ESO on April 23, 2014 8:49AM
  • Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    u add that dugeon bosses conter *** u can forget my sub.

the farmbot is strong in this one

• Halrloprillalar
    Halrloprillalar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If anything, at the very least, rework the horrid, ill conceived, almost useless group mechanics.

Um what? No really, I'm not understanding what you are having issues with.

• Nylan
    Nylan
    ✭✭
    youtube guy, who is he, and why in the world would i care what he whines about?

• frankynyny
    frankynyny
    Soul Shriven
    Just saying but is definitely plausible and does not require as much development. You can make a MOBA type option available for people on here to keep up with competition. I would love to have my character go against others. Rewards can vary and Exp :D