The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC EU Current Status & Login Queues

• Heinzelmädchen
    Heinzelmädchen
    Soul Shriven
    8 am in germany and still no login possible. Staring on the loading screen of Rift for more than 10 minutes now. So yes, one step further than the "character loading" of yesterday, but ... really?
    Edited by Heinzelmädchen on July 28, 2020 6:12AM
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    8 AM on a week day, and i'm still stuck in an endless loading screen after character select. Doesn't seems that any issue is solved !!!
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    8.25 am in Germany. Infinite loading screen after character selection.
    Edited by vesselwiththepestle on July 28, 2020 6:26AM
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Moyra74
    Moyra74
    ✭✭
    The thing is - I don't understand WHY this is happening. I have played another MMO, Guild Wars 2, since launch. They implemented megaservers after a few years. In all my years of playing, I seem to remember only 1 or 2 instances those servers were down. That's it. One or 2 times! So it can be done. Perhaps ZOS should go have a chat with the good people over at Arenanet to ask what they do differently...
    Going the wrong way since 1974
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After more than 15 minutes of loading screen after character selection I chose to push Alt-F4 and close the game. I tried logging in again and it worked this time. But still, something isn't ok there.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • KyraCROgnon
    KyraCROgnon
    ✭✭✭
    to all those with a pbm logging into the game, restarting the launcher does seem to work. I had doubt about it since i had just started the PC fresh, so no old ghost process or anything, but 1st launch = endless loading screen, 2nd launch after an alt+F4 kill = smooth sailing.
  • MyNameIsElias
    MyNameIsElias
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9 AM in Europe and i am having endless loadingscreens to stormhaven :(

EDIT: restarting the game seems to fix this issue.
    Edited by MyNameIsElias on July 28, 2020 6:57AM
  • Lauradana
    Lauradana
    ✭✭✭
    My "ongoing patience." just went the same way as my wallet, namely away from this game, still cannot log in so I will call it quits and maybe. just maybe come back in a years time................
  • kate.georgeb16_ESO
    kate.georgeb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

I was able to get right in on EU to grab today's daily reward. Character select to game world took about 40 seconds.

Well you are one of the few very lucky ones.
    Edited by kate.georgeb16_ESO on July 28, 2020 7:36AM
  • Bhaji
    Bhaji
    ✭✭✭
    Waiting on the login screen for Shadowfen, Ourubourous just keeps going round and round
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to all those with a pbm logging into the game, restarting the launcher does seem to work. I had doubt about it since i had just started the PC fresh, so no old ghost process or anything, but 1st launch = endless loading screen, 2nd launch after an alt+F4 kill = smooth sailing.

No it doesn't. My pc had been shut down for the night when I tried to get on before daily reset so I started fresh, still could not get on as after ~15 minutes on charactwr select I went on to an infinite loading screen. Problem is not solved and restarting is not a guaranteed solution, stop making false claims.
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    it looks like, reiniciating the queue didn´t solve any of the EU-Server problems.
    It still doesn´t work, though we have now a low amount of players trying to get in
    It is just frustrating that you don´t have any solutions for BASIC things, people just wanna play,
    but are trying to rework all and everything, sets, abilities, classes, races and what else, instead for
    going to solve the one and only question that really matters right now:

GET THAT SERVER WORKING!

Please

(notice I said the magic word: Please!)
    Edited by Azurya on July 28, 2020 9:10AM
  • Bhaji
    Bhaji
    ✭✭✭
    And it's still going round and round
  • stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    stefan.gustavsonb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to log in, but none of my guild mates were online. There are usually a few dozen playing even in the morning. Something is clearly still not right.
  • Bhaji
    Bhaji
    ✭✭✭
    "The issues related to logging in to the European PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!"

Aparently not, restarting the client achieves precisely nothing.
  • maddiniiLuna
    maddiniiLuna
    ✭✭✭✭
    earlier today

lol. Nice one :D
  • Bhaji
    Bhaji
    ✭✭✭
    And it's still going round and round
  • Hamish999
    Hamish999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is most annoying is that it took them 2 or 3 hours to implement the login queue. They should have had that running before even opening the server knowing it has bang in the middle of PC EU prime time.
    Not a single person in my guild was surprised that we couldn't log in, if we could predict it, why didn't ZOS.
    Edited by Hamish999 on July 28, 2020 8:46AM
    PC-EU
    Do'Zahra - Khajiit - StamDK - AD
    Narese Telvanni - Dunmer - Petsorc - EP
    Anastasie Chastain - Breton - Magplar - DC
    Gashnakh the Lusty - Orc - Stamsorc - AD
    Stands-In-Stoopid - Argonian - Warden Tank - AD
    Talia al-Morwha - Redguard - Stamden - AD
    Makes-Fier-Wrong - Argonian - Stamblade - AD
    Busty-Argonian-Maid - Argonian - Templar Healer - AD
    Alaru Telvanni - Dunmer - Stamplar - AD
    Ko'Raehsi - Khajiit - Magsorc - AD
    Torhild Rock-Chucker - Nord - StamDK - AD
    Drusilla Larouche - Breton - MagDK - AD
    Ko'Khanni - Khajiit - Magden - AD
    Ilithyia Ectorius - Imperial - DK Tank -AD

Keyboard and mouse FTW!
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That’s not just “vague”, it’s a non-statement.

Your maintenance window wasn’t extended, it was extended multiple times.

There was zero communication as to what was going on. The two thing combined doesn’t instil any confidence that you guys even knew what was wrong (again).

As far as the throttling / queue goes...... you must be joking right? People had notifications of a 5 min queue and queued for an hour. When I logged on at about 10.30pm, the queue was telling me I’d have to wait 46 mins. Utterly pointless, and if that’s your idea of “prime time”....... well, what a load of rubbish!

Here’s the real issue: the EU servers are, yet again, the poor relation to NA. Maintenance windows for the EU cause problems almost 50% of the time. And communication has gone back to what it was - i.e. it’s rubbish.

Awesome job. Again.

• Technica
    Technica
    ✭✭✭
    I absolutely gave up last night.

I was stuck on char load for ages, then it booted me out
    I then got a queue that said about 12m 42s - this number didn't change over 10m.
    So I tried exiting queue and starting again, see what happens, then I get 30s queue - this number didn't change for 1hr 1/2.
    So I tried exiting queue and starting again, all I could do at this point except wait, then I got a 1hr 4m 20s (ish, I don't remember precisely) queue timer...

Absolutely not. I went to play my PS4, then went to bed.

If I was at work in the morning (I've booked holiday) I'd be up at 6am. Bed at at least 11am. Some of us can't wait all night for the servers to decide to work... :/
    Please can you reorganise the times you do the maintenence...? It's not fair we miss a day, especially when there's an event on for timed exclusive item(s)... Also pushing us back a day on a daily reward that some people might really want/need
    You will know me by my eye. | Adventuring since beta | PC EU | ESO+ | I recommend this reshade (Example Screenshots)
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    earlier today

lol. Nice one :D

English much. It's not "earlier than planned or expected" it's "earlier than time of the post"
  • AWinterWolf
    AWinterWolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Most people had gotten fed up and decided not to log in by the time the server went up. Also, some communication on the day would've been nice, rather than the literal total silence we got. I know you're updating us now, but I suspect that's because you've seen the anger from customers about the silence.

Not to mention the lack of a mention about the event. Will we get an extension on it?

@AWinterWolf, PC EU.

Main character: Healer, CP 1300+,
    Completed:
    vSS (Ice & Fire HM)
    vMoL Trifecta
    TTT
    vKA HMs
    vBRP
    All Dungeon Trifectas.

Favourite quote:

History is a story written by the victors, who often paint themselves the best of lights.
  • Darkstorne
    Darkstorne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Most people had gotten fed up and decided not to log in by the time the server went up. Also, some communication on the day would've been nice, rather than the literal total silence we got. I know you're updating us now, but I suspect that's because you've seen the anger from customers about the silence.

Not to mention the lack of a mention about the event. Will we get an extension on it?

ZOS have been hard at work on their new MMO for a while now. And it really feels like they just don't care about ESO anymore - just letting it spin its wheels. Expansions getting thin on content, performance getting worse, servers buckling. Wouldn't be surprised if they announce Chapters are the only updates we're getting each year soon, as they move more staff over to their new project.
  • holden_caulfield
    holden_caulfield
    ✭✭✭
    XaRz wrote: »
    fierackas wrote: »
    Most EU players have given up and gone to bed :(

Some users has cancelled his ESO plus account subscription. Sorry, perhaps if all of us were cancelling the subscription then only perhaps, EU server will be better attended.

Do u understand what means 1 in millions?
    Saying that people has stop their subscription is childish. Comments like yours make an intelligent discussion nearly impossible.

BUT ffs ZOS it is the third time in 2020 I lose the daily tickets and login reward. My OCD is screaming now :(
  • Anastasiel
    Anastasiel
    ✭✭
    Can't login for 14 hours!!
  • Signor_Rossi
    Signor_Rossi
    ✭✭
    lol this is a joke. btw there is no patience left.
  • molecule
    molecule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we implemented a login queue to throttle how many players could get in, reducing the load slightly. While it’s frustrating to encounter a queue, this has allowed players to successfully get in, and we are actively raising the queue to get more people in faster.

Sorry Gina but that is not correct.

A queue is something that reduces over time to allow access.

Everyone i spoke to in my guild, and this is supported by the numerous threads and posts on this forum were faced with a static splash screen with a randomly generated 'time to wait' which did not reduce over time.

Personally i had 9 minutes 'to wait' for over 40 minutes , without the 'queue' moving.

I retried, this time 30 seconds 'to wait' for over 20 minutes without the timer on screen changing.

Several other attempts were identical, again mirrored by the amount of forum posts with the same results.

People eventually got in because a large majority just gave up and went to bed, naturally reducing the amount of players waiting to get in.

Nothing ZOS did this last night resolved the problem, the queue reduced naturally through players frustration.

Communication is one thing, but please don't insult the playerbase by attempting to claim ZOS resolved an issue when it clearly did not.
    Edited by molecule on July 28, 2020 1:46PM
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    If you are still encountering an issue loading into the PC-EU server, could you please provide the following info?
    • Account name (UserID)
    • Names of the characters you're trying to play
    • Where those characters are in the game

Thank you!
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you are still encountering an issue loading into the PC-EU server, could you please provide the following info?
    • Account name (UserID)
    • Names of the characters you're trying to play
    • Where those characters are in the game

Thank you!

This has taken an absurd road.

Account: SmukkeHeks
    Name: Calaein

Name: Vølve

Name: Aurora Måneskin
  • Sarannah
    Sarannah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it is time to open up a secondary EU megaserver?
    Edit: I have no issues logging in.
    Edited by Sarannah on July 28, 2020 3:36PM