The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PC EU Current Status & Login Queues

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone, we’d like to take a minute to explain what the current status of the PC EU server is since maintenance ended earlier today.

As many of you noticed, today we needed to extend PC maintenance due to running into some backend issues (we understand this is a pretty vague statement, but in this case, it basically took longer than expected for things to spin back up). Once we were able to open, we were right in the middle of EU primetime, and the server was flooded with people trying to log in. In an effort to avoid taking the server down a second time, we implemented a login queue to throttle how many players could get in, reducing the load slightly. While it’s frustrating to encounter a queue, this has allowed players to successfully get in, and we are actively raising the queue to get more people in faster.

Thanks for your ongoing patience.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Milo
    Milo
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just move the maintenance to the middle of the night, so its not coming back up at the start of the primetime?
    Options
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most EU players have given up and gone to bed :(
    Options
  • SirNom
    SirNom
    ✭✭✭
    why not improve the server so that it can handle primetime without a queue? at least for now, move the time of the maintenance so EU players do not suffer.
    Options
  • XaRz
    XaRz
    ✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »

Some users has cancelled his ESO plus account subscription. Sorry, perhaps if all of us were cancelling the subscription then only perhaps, EU server will be better attended.

Options
  • BloodyCatz
    BloodyCatz
    Soul Shriven
    "since maintenance ended earlier today."

How long then was planned for it? 24h?

But everything else i can understand. I mean consequences after opening again server.....
    Options
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Milo wrote: »
    Why not just move the maintenance to the middle of the night, so its not coming back up at the start of the primetime?

^ This.

Currently both NA and EU maintenance starts at 4am EDT which is 8am UTC, how about you move EU starting time up to 4am UTC in the future, so even if extended it will be finishing before EU primetime.
    Options
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    BloodyCatz wrote: »

But everything else i can understand. I mean consequences after opening again server.....

No, it cannot be understood.

You can do the maintenance at night. You can temporarely increase the bandwitch for the prime hour after maintenance. You can have better login servers, or a secondary one to handle requests in parallel in cases like this. There are a ****ing lot of solutions avaliable for these kind of situations.

And on top of that, queues are painfully slow, with people reporting their clans being at 1-2% of what they normally are at this hour.
    Options
  • ZoM_Head
    ZoM_Head
    ✭✭✭✭

Search posts going back as far as 2015, it has been suggested numerous times without an answer.
    mDKs still need a lot of love!
    Options
  • BloodyCatz
    BloodyCatz
    Soul Shriven
    Dovakhan wrote: »

No, it cannot be understood.

You can do the maintenance at night. You can temporarely increase the bandwitch for the prime hour after maintenance. You can have better login servers, or a secondary one to handle requests in parallel in cases like this. There are a ****ing lot of solutions avaliable for these kind of situations.

And on top of that, queues are painfully slow, with people reporting their clans being at 1-2% of what they normally are at this hour.

Yes ofc, there are many ways of solutions. For example, if they decide do at night maintenance. Example, 03:00 AM till 13:00 PM. =10h. We all could play all second half day (afternoon).
    Options
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi everyone, we’d like to take a minute to explain what the current status of the PC EU server is since maintenance ended earlier today.

Sorry, but what have you done all day?
    It's not your fault that the maintenance was frelled up.
    But it is your responsibility to communicate with your customers.
    This happened during US work hours.
    There was no statement except the banner (which doesn't even show in some forum sections) that the maintenance had been extended. No explanation, no information, no statement on the way forward.
    And then no one could log in - just a banner. No explanation, no information, no statement on the way forward.
    Then a ridiculous queue was put in place - mine started at 1 hour 4 minutes 14 seconds and stayed at that until I was kicked from the server for inactivity or whatever. Not counting down, giving a realistic expectation (as in "haha, don't even try logging in, you moron, you won't get in anyway!", which would've been the appropriate message). Over one hour and not changing - that's not a queue, that's complete and utter BS. And again: No explanation, no information, no statement on the way forward.
    Only now, this.
    Sorry, this is your frelling job.
    Thanks for your ongoing patience.
    And if I don't have any?
    "No thanks to you then, eff off!"?
    Options
  • terrannova
    terrannova
    ✭✭✭
    still cant get in. Guess what. its monday night. not prime time
    Options
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Two really issues
    1: timing - which seems to happen too often
    2: Capacaity, given that it takes 4+ hours to sort the server after this, why has the capacity not been increase as it is an onging issue
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
    Options
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What's disappointing about this isn't that it happens... but that it happens with such monotonous regularity.
    Options
  • MajThorax
    MajThorax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You completely ignore the european player base. You should assign a team to do maintenance on different hours for EU.
    Options
  • Calypso589
    Calypso589
    ✭✭✭
    vgabor wrote: »

^ This.

Currently both NA and EU maintenance starts at 4am EDT which is 8am UTC, how about you move EU starting time up to 4am UTC in the future, so even if extended it will be finishing before EU primetime.

That’s 12 am their time. ZoS devs need to be able to sleep too.
    Options
  • Aendruu
    Aendruu
    ✭✭✭
    I hoped this would be the case, but alas...

The queue's gone, but character loading is taking an extremely long time. (By the Eight, you don't notice how depressing this thrice-damned soundtrack is until you've had to endure it for ten solid minutes!)

[Edit] The announcement banner really needs to display on all pages; I missed seeing this:
    The issues related to logging in to the European PC/Mac megaserver have been resolved at this time. If you continue to experience difficulties at login, please restart your client. Thank you for your patience!
    And by the light of Auri-El, it works!
    Edited by Aendruu on July 28, 2020 12:28AM
    "So, drinking is a sacrament to Y'ffre... because it's his way of reminding us not to take things too seriously... You know how the other Elves are. Altmer have their crystal towers, and that's how they want to be — cold and perfect. And Dunmer are just like their Red Mountain — smouldering and dark. We just want to have a drink and not worry about it."
    - Regring the Spinner
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajThorax wrote: »
    You completely ignore the european player base. You should assign a team to do maintenance on different hours for EU.

They used to do this. It did not work well. PC EU had this tendency to crash, or people could not log in, or things were not working, while NA was down for maintenance. One time, as I recall, they actually had to take EU down and do unscheduled maintenance because something got messed up during the NA maintenance. The EU people complained loudly about these things. What we have today is the answer to that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Asdara
    Asdara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    12 hour maintenance is beyond my kindness, that was painful
    Forget new content for a while & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game:
    1: Handheld magic/ giving you the option to not use your staff to L/H Attack but instead it will shoot from your hand, like a spell.
    2: Spellcrafting.
    3: Combat pet skin / summon Atronach.
    4: Summon weapon.
    5: Change the Housing item limit.
    6: Multi Attunable crafting station.
    7: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    8: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones (4000x13? 52000 crowns?).
    9: Visual upgrade for all spell and animation.
    10: More structural item, door, floors, arch, walls for all size and shape.
    11: Dusting and adding things to the mage guilds.
    Options
  • Thoragaal
    Thoragaal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it's meant to be read as "Hi everyone, we’d like to take a minute to explain what the current status of the PC EU server is, since maintenance ended, earlier today."
    Basically missing two commas. She's pointing out what happened after the maintenance ended (earlier today).
    At least that's how I read it.
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions.
    "I've always wanted to kick a duck up the arse" -Karl Pilkington, on the question what he'd do if it was the last day on earth.
    Options
  • ClericPro
    ClericPro
    ✭✭✭
    My character cannot load for 15 minutes right now.
    I don't understand - is the work finally finished?
    Will it always be this way now?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClericPro wrote: »
    My character cannot load for 15 minutes right now.
    I don't understand - is the work finally finished?
    Will it always be this way now?

I was able to get right in on EU to grab today's daily reward. Character select to game world took about 40 seconds.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Silaf
    Silaf
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two problems with this:
    1 This is a reoccurring problem
    2 Eso+ members lost a day.
    Options
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirNom wrote: »
    why not improve the server so that it can handle primetime without a queue? at least for now, move the time of the maintenance so EU players do not suffer.

Because that would actual money which ZoS is not willing do.

I would even go as far to say and bet that they have downgraded their server capacity in past years and that also why they are vague about this subject.

Options
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still can't log in and it's 6 in the morning.
    This crap gets old quickly.
    Options
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you see ongoing Patience?!
    There is None left!

Also where is the Apologie????

You guys are becoming worse than EA...

Options
  • Sturmfaenger
    Sturmfaenger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to work out a solution for this ever-re-re-re-occurring situation.

Like this:

EU-Server open after extended whatever during EU-primetime? > > > Activate some more server capacity for that night.

That may cost some extra money, but you loose extra money due to frustrated players cancelling eso+ if you don't, so it should be balanced that way, yes?
    PC/EU
    Options
  • Mizael
    Mizael
    ✭✭✭✭

This, WHERE is my event extenction
    Options
  • Firstmep
    Firstmep
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Calypso589 wrote: »
    vgabor wrote: »

^ This.

That’s 12 am their time. ZoS devs need to be able to sleep too.

We do have European CMs like Kai. Also if the server are in the EU, what do US employees have to do with their maintenance.
    Oh wait..
    Options
  • pink_panther
    pink_panther
    ✭✭✭
    stuck in infinite loading screen while loading a char in a house @ZOS_GinaBruno

Huryy up and fix it please!!!!!
    Options
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tried to get on about 30 minutes before reset to see if I could get a quick daily in and get my tickets but though the login queue is gone I spend 25 minutes on requesting character load and first loading screen. No my patiences is uttely gone necuase this is not the first or second time, this is a regular occurence.
    Options