The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Is the Patch designed to remove the Sorcerer Class from the game in PVE?

Maggusemm
Maggusemm
✭✭✭
1. Dont spam this thread with PVP comments- thanks.
2. The sorcerer has always been mainly a damage dealer class. The new patch lowers the Sorcerers abilities as tank, as healer and by the NERF of Crystal Fragments also as damage dealer. class.
3. MagickaSorcerer is already in a very bad shape compared to other Magicka classes.
4. With bonuses to lightning damage of 5%, Sorcerer is already way behind of other classes in trial groups as damage dealer. Much damage comes from other sources while MagDK profit enormously from burning bonus (50%). Why a further nerf? Can we have a damage bonus for sorcerers for concussed enemies of like at least 15%?
5. Even when trial dummy parses are the same for the sorcerer it profits from its passives to give 1320 spell crit. In a PVE group also other classes profit from this passive. Meaning sorcerer needs a buff of 1320 spell crit compared to other classes when dummy parses are equal. -> Sorcerer is missing nearly one 5 piece set bonus compared to other classes.
6. What can be played if you have a sorcerer in the next patch? Only member of the trial group giving a specific passive? Crafter? Musician?
7. I just crafted a violin and a flute.
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    It might also be a net nerf to petsorcs in pve too..Been trying to setup assorted SP/Magicka setups to bring petsorc pet damage back to what is on live and they seem to all be coming out a net loss. Sets like Necropotence losing a lot of value on them on top stranglers no longer in the mix for obvious reasons.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Magsorc's biggest problem was always sustain. Some sustain tools (crystal fragments cost reduction, CF cost reduction for other abilities, magicka back when daedric ability ends) were introduced this patch as well as pets scaling with spell damage. I wouldn't judge it too early, because the sustain improvements might actually mean dps gain even with CF nerf.

What's still concerning me and all experienced magsorcs tho is the Lightning Splash and morphs. The ability is too expensive for what it does or it does too few for what it costs. Either way, it needs change.
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on July 16, 2020 3:52PM
  • PapaWeeb
    PapaWeeb
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crystal fragments hasn't been nerfed. Only the base skill took that nerf, to function more as a "spammable". They added damage to the proc so it's essentially the same as live.
    PC EU
  • deLioncourt
    deLioncourt
    ✭✭✭✭
    PapaWeeb wrote: »
    Crystal fragments hasn't been nerfed. Only the base skill took that nerf, to function more as a "spammable". They added damage to the proc so it's essentially the same as live.

It also procs off of itself. Its more active in use now..but does less dmg.

Seems like a fair trade at first glance.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaWeeb wrote: »

It seems like it’s intended to be a buff to sustain and proc frequency. Unfortunately neither of those new features actually work on PTS, but there’s no significant loss on Frags either. If they make the 10% cost reduction work after a Frag proc, and let instant Frags have a chance to proc more instant Frags then it will be a buff.

I can’t comment on pets, haven’t tried them on PTS.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 16, 2020 4:18PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a spammable if used it would open a new slot for either a passive or extra dot so keep that in mind.
  • Choucroute
    Choucroute
    ✭✭
    Maggusemm wrote: »
    4. With bonuses to lightning damage of 5%, Sorcerer is already way behind of other classes in trial groups as damage dealer. Much damage comes from other sources while MagDK profit enormously from burning bonus (50%). Why a further nerf? Can we have a damage bonus for sorcerers for concussed enemies of like at least 15%?
    Elemental damage bothers me so much.
    A fire staff increases your single target damage, making it BiS on front bar. Your fire wall deals more damage to your burning enemies + afflict the burning status, making it BiS on back bar. Then you have MagDK who boost their own fire damage and the group damage, which makes it even more profitable to run fire staves and skills.
    Why even have Lightning and Ice as possibilities when you keep making fire as BiS ?
    How come the lightning staff is supposed to be "good for aoes" but somehow the fire wall is the one that gets a bonus damage ? Why is Ice so much weaker and its passives are only related to tanking (or PvP) when the destruction staff line is mainly for magicka damage dealers and it's not viable for tanking anyway because sword & shield offer so much more utility ? (which is to be expected, you can't make two passives as good as a whole weapon line dedicated to it.)

Keeping Fire mostly as it is is fine, but why do they keep thinking it's okay not to boost Ice and Lightning ? Especially when you have two classes that have passives related to those elements. It'd make sense to either really boost those passives, the ice/lightning ones in destro line, or both. Not to make them much better than Fire, but to make it so Wardens and Sorcerers could use Ice or Lightning if they chose to.
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    My biggest worry is not the mere parse numbers of sorc/sorc pets but with their hybrid choice taking away a full build option to build and gear towards a full pet setup. I just worry that pets will become mediocre dots on any particular sorc magicka build, and you can no longer focus on amping them at the cost of yourself for a certain playstyle.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Frags are not nerfed. Pets are not nerfed (at least not if you are part of the endgame community and stack spell dmg like you should, especially now that you get spell dmg from bloodthirsty too).

If anything frags are getting sustain boost.

Stop spreading misinformation.
    Edited by zvavi on July 16, 2020 4:45PM
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zvavi wrote: »
    Pets are not nerfed
    Pets already have been nerfed into the ground with last patches and THIS is the final nail.
    • Necropotence set nerfed
    • Matriarch power loss for healers who have little Spell Damage
    • Matriarch with a -50% healing nerf for itself
    This is especially devastating in PvP: The underpowered Matriarch now dies easily in siege. There also are PvE situations, for example in vMA, where the Matriarch now dies easily in AoE. Sorcs now have an underpowered and unreliable Matriarch. This kills many builds. Sorcs now need to wear a healing staff and sacrifice an extra slot to have a reliable heal.

Edited by BalticBlues on July 16, 2020 5:36PM
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are not nerfed
    Pets already have been nerfed into the ground with last patches and THIS is the final nail.
    • Matriarch power loss for healers who have little Magicka Damage
    This is especially devastating in PvP: The Matriarch dies easily in siege. There also are PvE situations, for example in vMA, where the Matriarch now dies easily in AoE. Sorcs now have an underpowered and unreliable Matriarch. This kills many builds, as Sorcs now need to wear a healing staff and sacrifice an extra slot to have a reliable heal.
    • Necropotence was bad for a while now.
    • This thread is about damage dealers not healers.
    • This thread is not about PvP.
    • sorc doesn't need the Healy bird for vMA. The only heal I run is surge.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    • Yes, Necropotence already was nerfed, this is now the 2nd time in a row
    • The Matriarch now dies easily in AoE, no matter if in PvP (siege) or PvE (Boss fights, Dragons etc)
    • If you heal vMA with just surge (3k/sec) you are a true hero. Averge Joes like me need a reliable bird for healing in vMA, even more in PvP
    ZOS, what is the overall point in ruining pets for damage, healing and especially PvP? Stam and Heavy get buffed patch by patch - their Malacath ring now is ruling PvP. Light Armor already suffered -50% shields and minimized resistance. Now the Matriarch goes down in power and on top heals itself -50% (-75% in PvP). Do you want Light Armor Sorcs to be slaugthered?

Please let the poor Light Armor Sorcs at least run away in PvP now.
    For this, LA certainly should be able to run faster than HA wearing dozens of pounds.
    ZOS, please give Light Armor a speed boost of at least 2% per part.

And when we are at it:
    LightArmor depends on crit, but Malacath as the most powerful new PvP item removes crit.
    ZOS, pls give LightArmor a Malacath equivalent to boost crit.

Edited by BalticBlues on July 16, 2020 6:39PM
  • ealdwin
    ealdwin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS, pls give LA Sorcs a Malacath equivalent for Light Armor.

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean here. Malacath's is a ring that can be thrown on a build with any armor type. Though, I would be doubtful of its worth on a magsorc, considering it prevents dealing crit damage.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets are not nerfed
    This is especially devastating in PvP: The underpowered Matriarch now dies easily in siege. There also are PvE situations, for example in vMA, where the Matriarch now dies easily in AoE. Sorcs now have an underpowered and unreliable Matriarch. This kills many builds. Sorcs now need to wear a healing staff and sacrifice an extra slot to have a reliable heal.

Literally rule #1 of this thread is to keep pvp comments out of here.

No where in your post do you talk about the pve damage of actual damage morphs of the pets. So run along now, shoo shoo.
  • Eclipze
    Eclipze
    ✭✭
    • Yes, Necropotence already was nerfed, this is now the 2nd time in a row
    • The Matriarch now dies easily in AoE, no matter if in PvP (siege) or PvE (Boss fights, Dragons etc)
    • If you heal vMA with just surge (3k/sec) you are a true hero. Averge Joes like me need a reliable bird for healing in vMA, even more in PvP
    ZOS, what is the overall point in ruining pets for damage, healing and especially PvP? Stam and Heavy get buffed patch by patch - their Malacath ring now is ruling PvP. Light Armor already suffered -50% shields and minimized resistance. Now the Matriarch goes down in power and on top heals itself -50% (-75% in PvP). Do you want Light Armor Sorcs to be slaugthered?

Please let the poor Light Armor Sorcs at least run away in PvP now.
    For this, LA certainly should be able to run faster than HA wearing dozens of pounds.
    ZOS, please give Light Armor a speed boost of at least 2% per part.

And when we are at it:
    LightArmor depends on crit, but Malacath as the most powerful new PvP item removes crit.
    ZOS, pls give LightArmor a Malacath equivalent to boost crit.

I Agree with you on everything except 1 thing. Now i agree that light armor should get the same speed boost as medium armor seeming that light armor is technically lighter than medium armor in the real world and fantasy world. But i disagree on the part to give light armor more "Crit" as light armor already gets loads of spell penetration which ignores most people armor giving them a huge boost in damage. You might not notice it but that spell penetration is a huge boost in both pve and pvp.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as to what you mean here. Malacath's is a ring that can be thrown on a build with any armor type.
    Malacath makes no sense at all with LightArmor, because it negates one of its primary bonuses which is crit. As of now, HeavyArmor gets the most of Malacath, and this setup rules PvP now. LightArmor has no such Mythic toy to use. Some LA people tried Thrassians in PvP, but this is very risky. Moreover, Thrassians now will become useless with a 30s wear-off. Perhaps ZOS could change Thrassians into something useful for LA, pls?
    Edited by BalticBlues on July 16, 2020 6:57PM
  • Wolf81
    Wolf81
    ✭✭✭
    As someone pointed out earlier I'm not opposed to them making the pets hybrid SP/Magicka but it seems their PTR build their equation with the skill coefficient on pets might be too low. I would ask for them to take another look at it, unless it is their intention to bring down pets.
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    Our huge problem are the willing of PVP Players regarding Sorceres (as I can agree, but ONLY in PVP), but ALL times Zenimax hits the hammer nerf to the PvE content.

Our main problem besides DPS is our sustain that "maybe can be fix or get better", including FG Nerfs too we're getting less sustain.

Zenimax wants to force players to buy Necromancer Classes to be able to hit higher DPS, and doesnt matter they won't listen to us. Sorceres is my main class since beta (I have other classes too), but I like to play as a Sorcerer and we need urgent more viable builds to play as ANY other char.

I really woud like a real answer regarding the hate with Sorceres @ZOS_GinaBruno .
    Edited by AelyinESO on July 16, 2020 6:58PM
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • YandereGirlfriend
    YandereGirlfriend
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorcerer needs at least the same +10% damage to Lightning (and Physical) damage that Warden gets to Frost and Magic damage. Even then though, it's an inferior passive for magSorcs since their damage is divided evenly between un-buffed Magic and Lightning damage.

I would also love to see elemental weaknesses to PvE enemies introduced in a way that would shake up the stagnant Inferno Staff / Fire damage meta.

Have mechanical enemies take a 25% malus to Lightning damage and suddenly HoF and AS incentivize that damage type. You could easily repeat this process for all (or at least the bosses) PvE mobs and suddenly selecting your Staff and dominant damage type actually becomes an interesting and strategic decision.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Two minor quibbles with points above:
    • This Necropotence nerf was truly trivial.
    • ZoS deliberately got away from specific enemy types having specific vulnerabilities.

That said, I've been playing sorcerer since open beta. I wrote one of the early guides for the class. My main crafter/antiquarian/etc. is a sorcerer, so of course I'll keep playing him somewhat. But unless the PTS' reported big nerf to pet damage is an oopsie that will be quickly fixed, I probably won't be playing sorcerers in hard content for a while.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rework mages fury to behave like a normal execute and scale up the damage.
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you actually tested anything?

Live parse, 21m. perf Siroria, sorrow front bar, maw.
    unknown.png

Pts parse, same gear. Keep in mind that siroria has been nerfed on the parse dummy by 80 max spell damage.
    unknown.png

My frags average damage is the same, my max frags is higher but with the lower spell damage overall and the changes to BT i'm not surprised.

The change to pets to FINALLY get benefits from spell damage is awesome and should have happened a long time ago. Sorcs are finally able to take advantage of pure spell damage sets properly
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with @YandereGirlfriend Energized must be increased to 10% lightning and physical damage. This would barely change anything about sorcerer damage in pvp, because most of their kill potential comes from crystal shard and daedric curse rather than lightning damage.

I also find it long overdue that Sorcerer gets synergies with concussion. Dragon Knight - the fire class - get benefits from causing burning. Warden - the frost class - has synergies with chilled and the lightning class, sorcerer? Nothing at all. 5% lightning damage, that is less damage than Dragonknights and Wardens get from their kit and that is without their benefits with status effects.

Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Soundinfinite
    Soundinfinite
    ✭✭✭
    The main problem I have with my Magicka Sorc is its AOE. Magicka's strong suit is its cleave and AOE damage and the Sorc is pitiful. Yes I do over 80K against a Dummy but that is single target, and the Sorc is strong at single target damage. But its AOE is basically Wall of Elements on a parse and Wall of Elements + Orbs in live game play.

Liquid Lightning/Lightning Flood is a an incredible destroyed skill. Zos nerfed its damage by 1/2 and upped it cost by X2 then came back and nerfed the cost 50%.

The end result is a skill that STILL does half the damage and STILL costs more to use than what it was and carries the lowest damage output of any class AOE skill. (The synergy damage goes to the player that activates it, not the Sorc caster, and you cannot activate this damage on your own anyway.)

The Damage it outputs is LESS than Unstable Wall of Elements which is at the same cost (And this is even with a Sorc buffing lightning damage 5% vs Unstable Wall which is BIS as Fire). And Unstable wall is basically ONLY used for the Maelstrom Stave Additive Damage. If you were to take away the Maelstrom Stave, Wall of Elements would be dropped from all Magicka builds because its damage output is so incredibly low vs the cost of using it...and again the Sorcs AOE skill is less damage.

The Scamp could be a life saver here, as it did more than 4k AOE damage before this patch. (Though in a small radius, tech still good for Tank stacked trash mobs) However, for some unknown reason a stun is attached to this skill. Thus in PVE no one wants the Scamp to be on a SORC...NO ONE...unless that Sorc OVER CASTS the Scamp active to keep the stun from triggering. This makes it very expensive to use and also messes up a solid rotation is it is already at the minimum of 10 seconds for DOT damage. Thus it is simply dropped from builds completely (Even Trash Mob Builds).

This leaves the Magicka Sorc in a very bad state for PVE play. As you only need a maximum of 1 in a group for its Minor Prophecy buff (Now also easily attainable for a STAM SORC with the new patch) and adding only average damage output overall and the lowest cleave of the group when compared to all other Magicka Classes.

Yes, sustain is a problem which also makes the above worse...over-casting skills to avoid stuns or using skills with EXTREMELY high costs vs damage output.

Pets require 2 bars use (The Twilight Tormentor) is damage you just can not lose if you want decent DPS and this comes at the cost of a free bar space and is basically the Sorcs only valid powerful DOT. Since healing was stripped from this morph that extra bar space is needed as The Matriarch is a MASSIVE dps loss comparatively. All other pets or called upon shadow images are single barred. (Save the Wardens Bear...but that is an ultimate, does tons of damage with an execute attached, and is STILL complained about)

Basically this means only your front bar Bound Aegis is a flex spot, but that single skill provides 2% Spell Damage, 8% Max Magicka, and a small buff to Spell/Physical Defense. Dropping this skill severely gimps your DPS output...it is actually BETTER to drop Mages Wrath/Fury from your bar instead of Bound Aegis and now you are out an execute. (Executes are more important this patch because of the redesign of Bloodthristy.) Or drop whatever skill you are using for Minor Force..again a sizeable DPS loss in order to have either a shield or a heal on your bar.

Amplitude was supposed to keep a Sorc from feeling all bursty with little true power, but instead of giving us nice Single or AOE DOTS to create constant sustained damage, they gave us a passive that creates a constant downward trend of DPS. I can't even tell you how many times in a trial, I open as a blazing DPS GOD shooting to the top of Hodor only to consistently watch everyone one else raise as I loose power. This is as good as it is gunna get for you in a fight. By 75% normally at least 1 has surpassed me, by 50% anyone on any class worth their salt is at a minimum equal to me, and by execute I just fall to always end somewhere in the middle. (Especially if there are Nightblades/Templars in the mix because of how their classes are designed.

When parsing once you fall below 50% health on the Dummy there is a VERY noticeable lag and drop in damage until you reach the 25% execute phase, though the new Bloodthirsty trait has tempered this.

This just feels bad when using the class.

And lastly, the identity of the Sorc is muddled as all get out. Is it a Mage? A Conjurer? A familiar/Summoner? No its all three...and it does each one terribly. Its passives show its mixed state and being half powerful while buffing only certain aspects of the Sorc. The staves are Fire, 1/2 the skills lightning, 1/2 skills magic, 1/2 skills pets, 1/2 skills casts. You cant build as a lightning mage or use Elemental sets because its largest damage output skills are Magic Damage and you waste them plus cannot buff teh elemental damage enough through passives. You can't build for magic damage because its Pets and Ultimate and Finisher are all Lightning damage. You can't create a Pet build, because the pets are under powered on their own without the other skills in the set-up and again no one wants the Scamp to be involved in anything. You can't build a no-pet build because you have to run at least 1 pet for passives and having the DOT of the "bird" (though buffed by direct damage CP? Whatever to that). You can't use take advantage of cast sets because there aren't enough in the toolkit to make them viable, just enough to annoy the hell out of you when you need a frag or a heal.

So in the end you just have to build vanilla tasteless builds that buff everything as much as you can and create this hybrid that does crap AOE and average damage at best.

And with all that they keep giving the Stamina Sorc more skills, BETTER skills, harder hitting skills when it already out-parses its magicka counterpart and now it can consistently proc the group buff of Minor Prophecy, having a Mag Sorc will actually be a LOSS for the group...it will be better to bring a Stam Sorc for more penetration, higher DPS, and providing Major Berserk and Minor Prophecy.

Hell the Sorcs own ultimate of Negate will only hurt other Mag Sorcs....Stam sorcs can keep doing all the stuff above, and providing all the buffs with no loss in damage while immune to the silence...

Its just completely...and utterly mindbogglingly confused in what it is supposed to be and how it is supposed to operate. Its title shouldn't be Sorcerer but something else completely.

And yes, when was the last time the Sorc was buffed....it is nerf after nerf after nerf well at least for the Magicka side. The stamina is buff after buff after buff.
    Edited by Soundinfinite on July 17, 2020 3:34AM
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    I agree with @YandereGirlfriend Energized must be increased to 10% lightning and physical damage. This would barely change anything about sorcerer damage in pvp, because most of their kill potential comes from crystal shard and daedric curse rather than lightning damage.

I also find it long overdue that Sorcerer gets synergies with concussion. Dragon Knight - the fire class - get benefits from causing burning. Warden - the frost class - has synergies with chilled and the lightning class, sorcerer? Nothing at all. 5% lightning damage, that is less damage than Dragonknights and Wardens get from their kit and that is without their benefits with status effects.

Take this suggestion with a grain of salt, as I don't play sorc much so am happy to get shot down by those who are more familiar with it, but how about adding some like the following to energised (in addition to the existing effect):

Your Lightning and Physical AOE attacks deal an additional X% more damage to concussed targets

(trying to keep to the AOE theme of sorc in general in addition to the them of lightning and physical for magsorc/stamsorc respectively)

Ideally make X big enough to make lightning wall of elements better than fire wall of elements for sorc, but I'm not sure where that cutover would be.

Then maybe just add a way for Stamsorc to be able to apply concussed as an effect so it can benefit from the passive as well.
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really dont understand sorcerer complaints

by far the easiest class to play in both stamina and magicka that gets even buffed

there are a lot other classes that have far more to complain about such as magicka necro or stamina templar
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tannus15 wrote: »
    Have you actually tested anything?
    Thanks for some real data. While it looks promising that we didn't lose anything compared to live, I wonder if this isn't mostly down to buffs that affect every class, e.g. higher Divines and Precise bonuses. So it would be interesting to know where Sorcerers stand compared to other classes, although it might be a bit early to know in the 1st week of the PTS cycle.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
  • Soundinfinite
    Soundinfinite
    ✭✭✭
    @Nemesis7884

By far the easiest magicka class to play is MagDk not Magsorc.

Stamina Templar is the easiest of the Stam Classes to hit 90k or were...this patch might actually force them to learn a rotation.

Magicka Necro is broken on live because of its design. Everything bugs out and skills wont cast and it doesn't function properly. This is true...it is also the same for Stam Necros to a point as well. The rotation is on par with a Mag Warden. Easier than a Magicka Templar and arguably easier than a Mag Night Blade or at least at the same difficulty. On parses a Mag Necro and Mag Sorc are about equal in DPS.

MagTemplar is likely the hardest mag class arguably and has sustain issues on par if not worse than a Magsorc. Their damage is very end-loaded as well.

The old Magsorc days of 2 pets, heavy atttacks and spamming shields has been over for a very long time. That is when a MagSorc was dumb easier with crazy DPS compared to others. Its a build and style that Zos killed off almost 2 years ago.

If you use Daedric Prey 6-second Timer with Frag procs on a 10 second AOE DOT rotation with a single pet (Which is currently the META and Highest Parcing Magsorc build) the rotation is actually quite dynamic and not forgiving of mistakes. It also provides no heals or shielding to the player and if used on live takes a large DPS loss if you are in content where there such skills are needed (Portal DPS CR or Portals VSS for example)

All Sorc DPS comes from direct damage power burst with at or below Stamina DPS level cleave which is severely weak compared to all other magicka classes...and a sorc is beat only by the Mag Wardens in least requested for End game Trials with a max of 1 spot given (Because lack of buffs, low cleave, average damage output comparative to other classes).

The MagSorc has a reputation from its past that just wont quit, and the modern version of it, is quite changed.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pets are not nerfed

Literally rule #1 of this thread is to keep pvp comments out of here.

No where in your post do you talk about the pve damage of actual damage morphs of the pets. So run along now, shoo shoo.

The problem is you cannot separate PVE and PVP balance as ZOS does them together. What happens in one affects the other. You have to talk about Magsocr as a whole and not one-sided.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ealdwin wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused as to what you mean here. Malacath's is a ring that can be thrown on a build with any armor type.
    Malacath makes no sense at all with LightArmor, because it negates one of its primary bonuses which is crit. As of now, HeavyArmor gets the most of Malacath, and this setup rules PvP now. LightArmor has no such Mythic toy to use. Some LA people tried Thrassians in PvP, but this is very risky. Moreover, Thrassians now will become useless with a 30s wear-off. Perhaps ZOS could change Thrassians into something useful for LA, pls?

By that logic Medium Armour should get same buff as it gives up the same passive to use Malacath?
    Edited by ThePedge on July 17, 2020 8:43AM