Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Is the Patch designed to remove the Sorcerer Class from the game in PVE?

• Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nemesis7884

By far the easiest magicka class to play is MagDk not Magsorc.

Stamina Templar is the easiest of the Stam Classes to hit 90k or were...this patch might actually force them to learn a rotation.

Magicka Necro is broken on live because of its design. Everything bugs out and skills wont cast and it doesn't function properly. This is true...it is also the same for Stam Necros to a point as well. The rotation is on par with a Mag Warden. Easier than a Magicka Templar and arguably easier than a Mag Night Blade or at least at the same difficulty. On parses a Mag Necro and Mag Sorc are about equal in DPS.

MagTemplar is likely the hardest mag class arguably and has sustain issues on par if not worse than a Magsorc. Their damage is very end-loaded as well.

The old Magsorc days of 2 pets, heavy atttacks and spamming shields has been over for a very long time. That is when a MagSorc was dumb easier with crazy DPS compared to others. Its a build and style that Zos killed off almost 2 years ago.

If you use Daedric Prey 6-second Timer with Frag procs on a 10 second AOE DOT rotation with a single pet (Which is currently the META and Highest Parcing Magsorc build) the rotation is actually quite dynamic and not forgiving of mistakes. It also provides no heals or shielding to the player and if used on live takes a large DPS loss if you are in content where there such skills are needed (Portal DPS CR or Portals VSS for example)

All Sorc DPS comes from direct damage power burst with at or below Stamina DPS level cleave which is severely weak compared to all other magicka classes...and a sorc is beat only by the Mag Wardens in least requested for End game Trials with a max of 1 spot given (Because lack of buffs, low cleave, average damage output comparative to other classes).

The MagSorc has a reputation from its past that just wont quit, and the modern version of it, is quite changed.

^
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    caperon wrote: »
    katorga wrote: »
    Pet scaling should not be a net loss, unless they monkeyed with the formula for how the pet scales against the resources.

60K mag / 2K sp dmg should equal 30K mag / 5K sp dmg at the tooltip.
    Stahlor wrote: »
    @Nemesis7884

By far the easiest magicka class to play is MagDk not Magsorc....

Are we playing the same game?

I actually agree. DK is the absolute easiest. Joe Player can get burning embers, then the heavy attack buff, and use just those two skills to solo world bosses, DLC dungeons, vMA, etc.. It doesn't get any easier. You don't even have to TRY to heal or do damage, hit a key, hold down mouse button, repeat. Pet sorc is close. But you actually have to pay attention. lol.

For any class endgame is simply how good are you at keeping your simplistic rotation up while reacting to mechanics. It is only difficult if you don''t know or screw up the mechanics.

I wont say that DK rotation is complicated or anything, but have you actually tried vMA on a magDK? Is by miles the worst class there.

Ya, for a while it was my preferred class for easy, no hassle farming - just a straight minimalist lightning staff heavy attack build. It is not going to win any awards but gets the jobs done. I read one of Masel's heavy attack posts years ago, and leveled up a DK to do just that - solo farm vet dungeons, vma, etc. With the buffs to the infiltrator sets...that build is going to rock next patch.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let the poor Light Armor Sorcs at least run away in PvP now.
    For this, LA certainly should be able to run faster than HA wearing dozens of pounds.
    ZOS, please give Light Armor a speed boost of at least 2% per part.

Oh god this made me laugh really hard. As if Light Armor Sorcs don't zip across the entire battlefield in 0.75 seconds covering an entire keeps distance using Bolt Escape/Streak/Ball of Lightning.
    Sorcs are the last class that needs any help with movement yall can literally leave a fight anytime you want. You even have an unblockable stun on that ability to help you do so.
    jecks33 wrote: »
    removing the sorcerer from the game is a long way started some year ago, nerf after nerf, patch after patch

Hi Stamblades would love to have a talk with you.
    JoSePHRiNG wrote: »
    I always used my pet build for fun and casual play, not a trial or hard dungeon player.

So I use a 60K Magicka build and it was really fun when I see the patch notes, I log on to PTS to see it almost destroyed.

I understand it is better for a normal build to have "Spell Damage" but I don't want my build to get destroyed.

You use your build for fun and casual play with 60k DPS and taking a (theoretical) 5k DPS loss is "almost destroyed" to you?
    What are you doing for "fun and casual play" soloing non-dlc vets?...
    Fairyck wrote: »
    PS.
    Top PvE guilds prefer necromancer/warden/nightblade classes for trials as damage dealers.
    Game should be renamed from Elder Scrolls Online to Elder Steel Online.

Do... we play the same game? Feel free to check out ESO Logs and look at some of the highest parsing players, don't worry 90% of them are Magicka. It really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that with magicka DPS overpreforming this hard in Greymoor patch that they would (sensibly) be nerfed while stam got a buff just to try catch them up.

Next, look at it with more detail. They all wear Thrassian Stranglers. If it was not for this item, Stamina would reign supreme and it will be deleted or at least made available for everyone with this update.

Some of them also use cheesy fake rotations that do not work in a real fight. For example Sorcerer with daedric tomb; achieved by putting the dummy against the wall where all 3 mines can trigger on them.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think they defenitively killing the templar ... stamplar no more ritual self heal and the magplar with all those changes if it goes lives... pve /' pvp ... dead rip templar!

i can still play both my magsorc and my stamsorc on pts!

• Astrid
    Astrid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unsure where sorc healers are going to suffer as pets scale with spell damage and with the previous healer changes however many patches ago.. regen is null and void except for very very specific trial fights. (Looking at you posatrix and negatrix)

They’re still also relevant for 1 person in an all mag trial for the passive and it’s usually a support. They’ve never really been the bread and butter for awhile since DKs have lorded over PvE content and now Blades are suddenly back in the fold. Not really anything groundbreaking PvE wise.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »
    For this, LA certainly should be able to run faster than HA wearing dozens of pounds.

Oh god this made me laugh really hard. As if Light Armor Sorcs don't zip across the entire battlefield in 0.75 seconds covering an entire keeps distance using Bolt Escape/Streak/Ball of Lightning.
    Sorcs are the last class that needs any help with movement yall can literally leave a fight anytime you want. You even have an unblockable stun on that ability to help you do so.
    removing the sorcerer from the game is a long way started some year ago, nerf after nerf, patch after patch

I always used my pet build for fun and casual play, not a trial or hard dungeon player.

So I use a 60K Magicka build and it was really fun when I see the patch notes, I log on to PTS to see it almost destroyed.

I understand it is better for a normal build to have "Spell Damage" but I don't want my build to get destroyed.

You use your build for fun and casual play with 60k DPS and taking a (theoretical) 5k DPS loss is "almost destroyed" to you?
    PS.
    Top PvE guilds prefer necromancer/warden/nightblade classes for trials as damage dealers.

Do... we play the same game? Feel free to check out ESO Logs and look at some of the highest parsing players, don't worry 90% of them are Magicka. It really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that with magicka DPS overpreforming this hard in Greymoor patch that they would (sensibly) be nerfed while stam got a buff just to try catch them up.

Next, look at it with more detail. They all wear Thrassian Stranglers. If it was not for this item, Stamina would reign supreme and it will be deleted or at least made available for everyone with this update.

Some of them also use cheesy fake rotations that do not work in a real fight. For example Sorcerer with daedric tomb; achieved by putting the dummy against the wall where all 3 mines can trigger on them.

Well firstly that's literally why I said check ESO logs. You can check a lot more than just Iron Atronach on that and they typically parse in the fourth highest spot, sometimes dropping to 5 and 6. And secondly everything done on the dummy parses is cheesy fake rotations because no one gets to just stand in one spot and do their DPS all day long and stack Relequens to 20 stacks the entire fight. The whole damn thing is cheesy as all get out.

The changes to Thrassian suck for sure and I think it's heavy handed but I don't think that (due to the ridiculous DPS gap it caused) it will influence the loss of Mag DPS spots and I'm relatively sure it will serve to equalize more than hurt. Thrassian itself is the cause for most of the Magsorcs competitors anyhow so they all take that hit not just Magsorcs; no one benefited from Thrassian anymore than any other Mag class it was just a very poorly implemented Mythic and there is no way ZOS didn't know this was going to happen.

There are classes that are so far under Magsorc that saying the class is getting "destroyed" is seemingly innacurate; StamDK/NB and less so Stamden have suffered massively for a long time outside of the PvP environment and I don't even think with the latest patch of nerfs/buffs that these classes will become an undisputed king of DPS anymore than sorc will become bottom of the barrel as everyone seems to imply. The nerfs to BFB will hit Mag DK and MagWarden far more than I think the Sorc nerf will affect their class and magsorc will probably end up staying in the relatively same rank DPS wise with the loss of that ability cause the other two classes to take significant drops as they will have to reallocate resources to fill the gap that BFB gave them for sustain.
  • JoSePHRiNG
    JoSePHRiNG
    ✭✭✭

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, I don't have 60K dps, I have 60K total Magicka for my pets damage,
    I just do side quest for fun since the sets I use are overland sets. I don't need to hard farm for them.
    Also, I never have done trials my whole gameplay time.
    Jorvuld's Guidance and SPC all the way down.
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dracane wrote: »

PS.

Well firstly that's literally why I said check ESO logs. You can check a lot more than just Iron Atronach on that and they typically parse in the fourth highest spot, sometimes dropping to 5 and 6. And secondly everything done on the dummy parses is cheesy fake rotations because no one gets to just stand in one spot and do their DPS all day long and stack Relequens to 20 stacks the entire fight. The whole damn thing is cheesy as all get out.

The changes to Thrassian suck for sure and I think it's heavy handed but I don't think that (due to the ridiculous DPS gap it caused) it will influence the loss of Mag DPS spots and I'm relatively sure it will serve to equalize more than hurt. Thrassian itself is the cause for most of the Magsorcs competitors anyhow so they all take that hit not just Magsorcs; no one benefited from Thrassian anymore than any other Mag class it was just a very poorly implemented Mythic and there is no way ZOS didn't know this was going to happen.

There are classes that are so far under Magsorc that saying the class is getting "destroyed" is seemingly innacurate; StamDK/NB and less so Stamden have suffered massively for a long time outside of the PvP environment and I don't even think with the latest patch of nerfs/buffs that these classes will become an undisputed king of DPS anymore than sorc will become bottom of the barrel as everyone seems to imply. The nerfs to BFB will hit Mag DK and MagWarden far more than I think the Sorc nerf will affect their class and magsorc will probably end up staying in the relatively same rank DPS wise with the loss of that ability cause the other two classes to take significant drops as they will have to reallocate resources to fill the gap that BFB gave them for sustain.

Do not get me wrong, I fully agree with Thrassian being way too strong and while I am glad that they have been - pretty much - deleted now, it will be back to how it has been for years: Stamina outperforming magicka by a mile. I believe it is widely known, that in terms of dps, stamina overshadowed magicka significantly and only thanks to Thrassians, was it different for a moment.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ]
    Maelstrom Arena has different leaderboards for each class...
    Yes, and sorc is full almost every week, while the rest is not...

:Looks at NB and Templar:
    Heck, NB even has higher enterry level than sorc this week, and in my personal opinion (that might be wrong), is easier than sorc.

Some vCR groups run sorc tank as their only sorc for the 6% crit dmg. So I wouldn't say sorcs are very wanted right now.

The patch notes are not nerfs though, they are buffs...
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I am not sure if I understand you correctly, I don't have 60K dps, I have 60K total Magicka for my pets damage,
    I just do side quest for fun since the sets I use are overland sets. I don't need to hard farm for them.
    Also, I never have done trials my whole gameplay time.

Oh that's much more clear; sorry when I saw the 60k I immediately assumed DPS since that's what most people phrase it under. This change won't be much of a noticeable affect to you then. If I understand correctly all they are doing is changing the coefficient scaling for pets so that it has the normal(ish) scalings that SD has without the high scaling it currently does for max magicka. With a build though of 60k magicka your pets should still hit plenty hard enough to make overland content a breeze because you currently have natural spell damage I'm sure. The loss to you will be very hard to notice in an overland scenario.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As if Light Armor Sorcs don't zip across the entire battlefield in 0.75 seconds covering an entire keeps distance using Bolt Escape/Streak/Ball of Lightning.
    This does not always help, because if you streak to escape a group - BANG - some Medium or Heavy Armor guy is on top of you again with his gap closer. And while streak does have a cost increase, gap closers have not. So at some point you can only RUN away from a group. But in LA you are SLOWER than Medium and not even faster then people in Heavy wearing dozens of pounds? Just WHY? This does not make any sense, especially not because Light Armor guys only have very little Stamina. At least let Light Armor people run faster with that little Stamina than the Heavy people pls.
    Edited by BalticBlues on July 19, 2020 7:10PM
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PapaWeeb wrote: »
    Crystal fragments hasn't been nerfed. Only the base skill took that nerf, to function more as a "spammable". They added damage to the proc so it's essentially the same as live.

It also procs off of itself. Its more active in use now..but does less dmg.

Seems like a fair trade at first glance.

Now it is like spammaing dizzy from a distance, lol. I'm curious how this will play out. It will be weird in both PvP and PvE, but is it still intureptable in PvP?
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As if Light Armor Sorcs don't zip across the entire battlefield in 0.75 seconds covering an entire keeps distance using Bolt Escape/Streak/Ball of Lightning.
    This does not always help, because if you streak to escape a group - BANG - some Medium or Heavy Armor guy is on top of you again with his gap closer. And while streak does have a cost increase, gap closers have not. So at some point you can only RUN away from a group. But in LA you are SLOWER than Medium and not even faster then people in Heavy wearing dozens of pounds? Just WHY? This does not make any sense, especially not because Light Armor guys only have very little Stamina. At least let Light Armor people run faster with that little Stamina than the Heavy people pls.

Roleplay wise, they make it easier to move in light armor by having sprint be cheaper and slows be a bit weaker. I understand that they want medium armor to be this dexterity-speedy armor choice. Yet I really want to have this useless slow reduction light armor has to be removed and replaced with something really movement related.

For example that light armor reduces the duration of slows applied to you per piece of light armor instead.
    Another interesting thought, is to let light armor have a passive slow debuff purge once every x seconds and that cooldown is reduced per piece worn.

Though this interests me little compared to how useless Spell Warding is. I hoped for years that they finally make this into something useful.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭
    New patch coming and still 0 explanation about Sorceres nerfs. @ZOS_GinaBruno
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AelyinESO wrote: »

It’s hard to provide an explanation for things that don’t exist. This entire thread is based on someone misunderstanding the patch notes and not testing anything. Sorc is fine on PTS.
  • SshadowSscale
    SshadowSscale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even with all the nerfs it will still outperform magicka nightblades and magicka necromancers in pvp
  • AelyinESO
    AelyinESO
    ✭✭✭

It’s hard to provide an explanation for things that don’t exist. This entire thread is based on someone misunderstanding the patch notes and not testing anything. Sorc is fine on PTS.

is not that people who tested in PTS are saying, but if u could provide us more info, would be welcome! thx.
    NA PC Server - CP810 - Played Since Beta 2014, but left for 4 years, coz games got unbalancing, boring and too much expensive (still?)

- MagSorc (50) - DPS
    - MagTem (50) - Healer
    - StamDK (50) - Tank
    - StamNecro (50) - DPS
    - StamTem (developing) - DPS
    - MagNecro (developing) - DPS
    - MagWard (developing) - Healer
    - Stamblade (developing) - DPS

"Stop nerfing Sorcerers please"
    "Stop putting most interesting items inside a lucky Crate costing money"
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

is not that people who tested in PTS are saying, but if u could provide us more info, would be welcome! thx.

Frag procs hit almost exactly the same damage on PTS and live. Pets are also very similar on a balanced build (not one of those 60k Magicka 1k Spell Damage builds). I ran a mag sorc through vSS HM on PTS last week and damage was fine. The only noticeable difference was the lack of Thrassian, but new group buffs like Elemental Catalyst and the improved Powerful Assault made this loss less severe.

Sorc has a few issues that should be addressed (frag hard casts are clunky, flood ends early, lightning staff builds are weak, non-pet builds can’t get the 8% health passive), but none of them are the result of 6.1.0. If anything, the class was slightly improved with the reduced frag cast time and the change to the rebate passive. And the pet scaling change was necessary or they would be unaffected by the new version of Bloodthirsty.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I spent quite a lot of time testing magicka builds on pts. Sorc is actually doing great, at least on a dummy. On magblade I parsed 87k, on magsorc I parsed 88k, both of which using real raid setups and no dummy cheese.

The fundamental problem with magsorc is really that pets are kinda crap in trials and take up too much bar space. And non pet builds are significantly lower dps. So they're in an awkward place of being forced to use pets that a lot of people don't want.
  • stefj68
    stefj68
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    patch is to remove dps templar from pvp and pve... stamplar at current state is unplayable solo
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭
    Sorc is at the moment around 15% behind the top parse classes in the leaderboard logs.

It is absolutely a joke that this is not adressed by changes during the PTS cycle. It is mathematically proven that Sorc DPS in real Raid environment cannot compare to top Magicka classes at the moment.

ZOS just does not want that people can play Sorc.
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭

this is absolutely not true. Just analyse the logs at esologs.com then you see a result.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maggusemm wrote: »
    Sorc is at the moment around 15% behind the top parse classes in the leaderboard logs.

It is absolutely a joke that this is not adressed by changes during the PTS cycle. It is mathematically proven that Sorc DPS in real Raid environment cannot compare to top Magicka classes at the moment.

ZOS just does not want that people can play Sorc.

I don't think you understand statics, or what "mathematically proven" means.

this is absolutely not true. Just analyse the logs at esologs.com then you see a result.

The person you are replying to, WrathOfInnos, currently has the 7th highest Yolnahkriin parse this patch on esologs... on a magicka sorcerer. But go ahead and tell everyone more about how it's "mathematically proven" that sorc can't compete.

There absolutely are problems with sorc, but making hysterical claims about low dps doesn't help anything.
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be clear, I’m not commenting on the live patch or how Sorcerer compares to other classes. I’m saying there is nothing on PTS that is killing the Sorcerer class (the topic of this thread).

I don’t believe there’s any way to check Stonethorn logs on ESOlogs public, so I have to go by the few unlisted logs we have from PTS raids last week. Any public data from logs is going to be from Greymoor, which is a very different environment, full of Thrassian Stranglers and Blood for Blood.

Sorcerers have a few valid complaints, but they get diluted by fake complaints like the “frag nerf”.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 20, 2020 9:42PM
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kingslayer513 Thanks, I think I do alright with it on Yolna :D. Still haven’t been able to break the 100k single target barrier like the Nightblades, DK’s and Templars (also maybe Wardens, just not on public logs), but it’s not too far behind. At least Sorc > Magcro.
    Edited by WrathOfInnos on July 20, 2020 11:36PM
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The fundamental problem with magsorc is really that pets are kinda crap in trials and take up too much bar space. And non pet builds are significantly lower dps. So they're in an awkward place of being forced to use pets that a lot of people don't want.

In the name of all that is holy, change the matriarch to be the size of a non-combat dragon pet.

Everquest, a 20 year old mmo, had shrink spells. Pet in the way, shrink it to about a quarter of its size. Talk about ahead of its time.

• seerevaloc
    seerevaloc
    ✭✭✭

In the name of all that is holy, change the matriarch to be the size of a non-combat dragon pet.

Everquest, a 20 year old mmo, had shrink spells. Pet in the way, shrink it to about a quarter of its size. Talk about ahead of its time.

Nope, then PvP guys will conquer the forums. PvP QQs seemingly the locomotive that pushing ZoS combat designers to decide stuff if not rolling dice as in Risitas parody.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    seerevaloc wrote: »

Nope, then PvP guys will conquer the forums. PvP QQs seemingly the locomotive that pushing ZoS combat designers to decide stuff if not rolling dice as in Risitas parody.

I am fairly certain "PvP guys" would appreciate this change. A lot.
  • visionality
    visionality
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes magsorc - there is a reason why maelstrom's weekly ranking is always full for sorcs.
    Cast your 10s shield, get a cup of coffee while your pets are tanking- oh I lost some health - press twilight for full health and shield - go to restroom for a while - continue...

lol, this comment made me smile. You should add a request to have those 10s shields nerfed, @Stahlor, they are clearly OP.

:D