The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Is the Patch designed to remove the Sorcerer Class from the game in PVE?

• Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nemesis7884

By far the easiest magicka class to play is MagDk not Magsorc....

Are we playing the same game?

• jecks33
    jecks33
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    removing the sorcerer from the game is a long way started some year ago, nerf after nerf, patch after patch
    PC-EU
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stahlor wrote: »
    @Nemesis7884

Yes, have you seen static MagDK rotations with Elf Bane? It’s easy mode. They’re hit hard by the bfb nerf though and will likely go back to the middle of the pack.

Sorcs weren’t using bfb though so they’re actually stronger relative to the rest of the magicka pack with that change. Nerfs to other classes as a means of making your class more viable doesn’t feel good but the end result is the same.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So this is a difficult rotation?

MagsorC-Pet-Rotation_final2.jpg?resize=768%2C544&ssl=1
  • JoSePHRiNG
    JoSePHRiNG
    ✭✭✭
    I always used my pet build for fun and casual play, not a trial or hard dungeon player.

So I use a 60K Magicka build and it was really fun when I see the patch notes, I log on to PTS to see it almost destroyed.

I understand it is better for a normal build to have "Spell Damage" but I don't want my build to get destroyed.

I hope ZoS don't change it for pure magicka users. I just want to have fun with my pets.

I say scale it with either spell damage or magicka, not both.

Is it too much to ask for?
    Jorvuld's Guidance and SPC all the way down.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's not the rotation mag sorcs have thought. Trap, orb, and dynamic cast of curse are the rotation. Which is still a relatively static rotation by far, but this is not the rotation.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah sorcs getting buffed, again, means they are trying to remove it from the game.

Higher damage on PTS despite Siroria and Bloodthirsty getting nerfed.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fact is - that all mag classes get nerfed not only sorcs. Beside that all of them have sustain issues why people started using B4B even on sorcs.
    MagDK's were strong because the sanctorium staff was bugged and Zaan was op with elfbane. Then both was nerfed/fixed and they had to use B4B. After the upcoming B4B nerf, they will have serious sustain issues.
    Magcro's blastbones and mystic syphon is absolutely terrible in the moment.
    Magblade is a pain in the ass with all that lag, because light attacks are not going off frequently --> no bow progs in time.
    Magwarden - whats that? I haven't seen one for a very long time, beside them as healers and that incredible world record Maelstrom run.
    Magplar and Magsorc's are probably the easiest/best mag classes to play in the moment, although they have sustain problems, too.

Maybe this update is also made to bring stam back into trials, because in the moment most of the trial teams don't really want them anymore.
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pet scaling should not be a net loss, unless they monkeyed with the formula for how the pet scales against the resources.

60K mag / 2K sp dmg should equal 30K mag / 5K sp dmg at the tooltip.
    @Nemesis7884

I actually agree. DK is the absolute easiest. Joe Player can get burning embers, then the heavy attack buff, and use just those two skills to solo world bosses, DLC dungeons, vMA, etc.. It doesn't get any easier. You don't even have to TRY to heal or do damage, hit a key, hold down mouse button, repeat. Pet sorc is close. But you actually have to pay attention. lol.

For any class endgame is simply how good are you at keeping your simplistic rotation up while reacting to mechanics. It is only difficult if you don''t know or screw up the mechanics.
    Edited by katorga on July 17, 2020 1:27PM
  • Ivan04
    Ivan04
    ✭✭✭✭
    Frags got buffed. No need to complain :)
  • caperon
    caperon
    ✭✭✭✭
    katorga wrote: »
    Pet scaling should not be a net loss, unless they monkeyed with the formula for how the pet scales against the resources.

@Nemesis7884

I actually agree. DK is the absolute easiest. Joe Player can get burning embers, then the heavy attack buff, and use just those two skills to solo world bosses, DLC dungeons, vMA, etc.. It doesn't get any easier. You don't even have to TRY to heal or do damage, hit a key, hold down mouse button, repeat. Pet sorc is close. But you actually have to pay attention. lol.

For any class endgame is simply how good are you at keeping your simplistic rotation up while reacting to mechanics. It is only difficult if you don''t know or screw up the mechanics.

I wont say that DK rotation is complicated or anything, but have you actually tried vMA on a magDK? Is by miles the worst class there.
    Edited by caperon on July 17, 2020 3:07PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivan04 wrote: »
    Frags got buffed. No need to complain :)

Where? It lost a bit of cost yet also a bit of damage. So at best, nothing improved.
    For me, its a heavy nerf so far. Because I often did something many do not seem to do, which is using crystal hard casts as an opener to either get a telling blow to start with or even the removal of a pleb.

That is over now, because the damage is way too low.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No, and the parse results are as bland as this rotation is.
  • Styxius
    Styxius
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's actually most likely the Meta MT as of PTS v6.1.0 I'm releasing a build about it this weekend most likely using the PTS to show the build. It's insanely powerful as a MT in PvE
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »

@Nemesis7884

I wont say that DK rotation is complicated or anything, but have you actually tried vMA on a magDK? Is by miles the worst class there.

Agreed. From what I've seen, magdk is the hardest magicka class to complete vma with. My buddy, who mains a magdk, can complete flawless runs with his eyes closed(not really, obviously) on all other mag toons. With magdk? He has to work his butt off and will die. Easiest mag classes are by far sorc and magplar.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Except that doesn't translate at all to actual endgame pve content. [snip]

Get rid of scamp, add orbs, add another dot, and possibly add mages wrath depending on the trial/boss. IMO sorc is no more no less difficult than any standard magicka dps and I've played them all. Mag necro is the most difficult simply because of how clunky the skills are in trial combat.

[Edited to remove Baiting and Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 18, 2020 1:41PM
  • Fairyck
    Fairyck
    I play with sorcerers and wizards in all games because I like how magicka looks like. Magicka is beautiful and I like it more than sword/steel/gun style. Wizards usually have weak armor but high damage and variety of different magicka skills from different schools (damage, magicka shields/fields, time control,..). Wizard weapons are beautiful - staves, wands, orbs,..

But ZOS hate magicka characters.
    1) Magicka classes have staves only as weapons. Stamina builds have four different weapon types.
    2) Latest patches increase damage bonuses and and variety of play styles for stamina builds.
    3) Light armor provide smaller protection in comparison to other armor types but not provide the same compensation in damage bonus. Medium armor heavier than lite, but medium armor provide bonus to speed. This is at least strange.

So I not surprised by these ZOS PTS changes.

PS.
    Top PvE guilds prefer necromancer/warden/nightblade classes for trials as damage dealers.
    Game should be renamed from Elder Scrolls Online to Elder Steel Online.
    Edited by Fairyck on July 17, 2020 4:54PM
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fairyck wrote: »
    PS.
    Top PvE guilds prefer necromancer/warden/nightblade classes for trials as damage dealers.

Top organized pve raid rosters for dps are currently:
    Exactly 3x mag necros for colossus rotation
    At least 1x magdk for engulfing
    1x magsorc (could be off heals instead though)
    All other spots are a mix of magblade/magplar/magdk.
    Maaaaaaybe 1x mag warden for higher fetcher uptime.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    caperon wrote: »

@Nemesis7884

Agreed. From what I've seen, magdk is the hardest magicka class to complete vma with. My buddy, who mains a magdk, can complete flawless runs with his eyes closed(not really, obviously) on all other mag toons. With magdk? He has to work his butt off and will die. Easiest mag classes are by far sorc and magplar.

If one's soloing, the easiest classes are generally those with the best self-healing.
  • Maggusemm
    Maggusemm
    ✭✭✭

Except that doesn't translate at all to actual endgame pve content. [snip]

Get rid of scamp, add orbs, add another dot, and possibly add mages wrath depending on the trial/boss. IMO sorc is no more no less difficult than any standard magicka dps and I've played them all. Mag necro is the most difficult simply because of how clunky the skills are in trial combat.

Exactly. [snip] In this rotation you see that nearly no sorcerer specific skill is casted -> they are just not useful. And thats exactly why Sorcerer needs a STRONG buff this patch and not nerfs of crystal of 21%.

[Edited to remove Baiting and Rude Comments]
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on July 18, 2020 1:40PM
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If one's soloing, the easiest classes are generally those with the best self-healing.
    Yes magsorc - there is a reason why maelstrom's weekly ranking is always full for sorcs.
    Cast your 10s shield, get a cup of coffee while your pets are tanking- oh I lost some health - press twilight for full health and shield - go to restroom for a while - continue...

• martijnlv40
    martijnlv40
    ✭✭✭
    Yes magsorc - there is a reason why maelstrom's weekly ranking is always full for sorcs.
    Cast your 10s shield, get a cup of coffee while your pets are tanking- oh I lost some health - press twilight for full health and shield - go to restroom for a while - continue...

Maelstrom Arena has different leaderboards for each class...
    Now on topic, sorcs are definitely not the best or most wanted for endgame trials, they CAN have a fairly basic and easy rotation, the pets changes are overall a small buff, but some builds are shite now and have to be changed, Maelstrom on a sorc is one of the easiest if not the easiest, their sustain is not the worst anymore on the pts and frags are by my testing buffed by 0,02% (which translates to roughly 3-12 damage from each proc, so it’s nothing). Did I cover everything (PvE)?
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, and sorc is full almost every week, while the rest is not...

• Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Maelstrom is nothing. Hardmode trials are the benchmark for endgame.
  • Mortiis13
    Mortiis13
    ✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    As a spammable if used it would open a new slot for either a passive or extra dot so keep that in mind.

Are you slowed while casting it?
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

...and every class can do that.
  • NocturnalSonata
    NocturnalSonata
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, and sorc is full almost every week, while the rest is not...

I guarantee none of them are using the one bar easy sorc build that people seem to have a major issue with. Speaking of one bar easy mode... magplar has it too. Speaking of insanely easy to achieve dps on 1 bar - stamplar...

Using vMA as a a guide for class standing is like using overland difficulty competency as the requirements to join vCR+3.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

...and every class can do that.

And some do it significantly better.
  • Stahlor
    Stahlor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure you can easily do VCR+3 with 8 sorc dd's, as far as the people are proper dd's. Means the sorcs are not getting "removed" by some little changes and the fact that a hand full of pro gamers can squeeze a bit more DPS out of another class in the moment.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please let the poor Light Armor Sorcs at least run away in PvP now.
    For this, LA certainly should be able to run faster than HA wearing dozens of pounds.
    ZOS, please give Light Armor a speed boost of at least 2% per part.

Oh god this made me laugh really hard. As if Light Armor Sorcs don't zip across the entire battlefield in 0.75 seconds covering an entire keeps distance using Bolt Escape/Streak/Ball of Lightning.
    Sorcs are the last class that needs any help with movement yall can literally leave a fight anytime you want. You even have an unblockable stun on that ability to help you do so.
    jecks33 wrote: »
    removing the sorcerer from the game is a long way started some year ago, nerf after nerf, patch after patch

Hi Stamblades would love to have a talk with you.
    JoSePHRiNG wrote: »
    I always used my pet build for fun and casual play, not a trial or hard dungeon player.

So I use a 60K Magicka build and it was really fun when I see the patch notes, I log on to PTS to see it almost destroyed.

I understand it is better for a normal build to have "Spell Damage" but I don't want my build to get destroyed.

You use your build for fun and casual play with 60k DPS and taking a (theoretical) 5k DPS loss is "almost destroyed" to you?
    What are you doing for "fun and casual play" soloing non-dlc vets?...
    Fairyck wrote: »
    PS.
    Game should be renamed from Elder Scrolls Online to Elder Steel Online.

Do... we play the same game? Feel free to check out ESO Logs and look at some of the highest parsing players, don't worry 90% of them are Magicka. It really shouldn't be surprising to anyone that with magicka DPS overpreforming this hard in Greymoor patch that they would (sensibly) be nerfed while stam got a buff just to try catch them up.