Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Housing Wish List 2020

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lotus flowers like the ones already in the game.
    Rose bushes like the ones already in the game.
    Apple trees like the ones in Cyrodiil.
    Pretty much all the things that are already in the game and just not in housing yet!

I'd also love an empty desert plot like Moonsugar Meadow or the Coldharbour Surreal Estate, but with Alik'r terrain.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have another request: I want a small house in the Crow's Wood with lots of outdoor space!
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • zack723_ESO
    zack723_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    i def think we need more functioning doors and more racial walls i feel like there is no dark elf structures and my ebonheart chateau i want to not make it so open and to have rooms but theirs no dark elf walls or doors so
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like a large spell tome, laying open at certain pages with arcane symbols on it and possibly magical animation effects. A ribbon bookmark would be nice too. Then I can put it in my sorcerers and possibly wardens homes on a bookstand to look epic.
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would like more sanbox houses or "plots" of land like Coldharbour and Moonsugar and ofc building materials. <3 (doors, floors, walls,roofing, windows, etc. <3
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • swankery
    swankery
    ✭✭✭✭
    And a DAY/NIGHT toggle. Perferably a Dial with day/sunset/night/sunrise.
    https://www.twitch.tv/swankery/ Housing Enthusiast! DDA founder/rep/Twitter@Swankery1@Swankery PC/NA https://www.youtube.com/c/swankery
  • Ursinos
    Ursinos
    ✭✭
    Can we Please have something in the way of nice tea cups?
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ursinos wrote: »

I use the Dres Cup, Matze I think (not in game right now) for teacups to go with the Silver Kettle, Masterworked furnishing.

I thought there was both a full and empty version but my search only found a single entry.

I like that one because it has a Japanese sort of hand-crafted ceramic look that matches the tetsubin design of the teapot.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Skauron
    Skauron
    ✭✭✭
    Fish for 'water feature' areas would be very nice. in 3 school sizes depending on size of fish
    Champion level chars: Nord Warden (Tank):50 Khajiit Nightblade (stam dual blade):50 High Elf Necromancer (magicka dps):50 Dragonknight (Tank):50 Sorcerer Vampire: 50
    Also levelling: Templar (dps)

Started playing ESO: April 4th
  • Ursinos
    Ursinos
    ✭✭
    Ursinos wrote: »

I use the Dres Cup, Matze I think (not in game right now) for teacups to go with the Silver Kettle, Masterworked furnishing.

I thought there was both a full and empty version but my search only found a single entry.

I like that one because it has a Japanese sort of hand-crafted ceramic look that matches the tetsubin design of the teapot.

I'll have to look, but it seems to me when I tried those they just seemed over-large
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More than anything I want a day/night toggle for player housing so we can freeze time. If I want to throw a party at night, I want it to stay night for the duration of the event. This is something the devs can already do for themselves and have demonstrated this fact on a livestream. There's no reason NOT to give this power to players inside their own homes.

Right after THAT I want a SPOOKY Breton castle located in Rivenspire! Not an over the top weird copy of a dungeon like we got with Wraithhone. I want it Breton styled but with it's own unique floorplan. I want the interior to match the exterior. If there's a balcony showing on the outside, I want to be able to access it from the inside. And it needs to have a proper graveyard which includes a crypt you can go down into. For furnishings there needs to be all the crypts and headstones you see in places like Cath Bedraud. And for the love of the Divines give it a proper kitchen with a good fireplace! Preferably as a furnishing! So it can be moved. Give it clearly defined proper rooms. Bedrooms, a library, a great room suitable for hanging trophies, a proper dining room! Include mist and fog and swarms of bats! Give us a few NEW gargoyles! Give us the clusters of hanging bats that are in the thieves sanctuary in Hew's Bane! And for "houseguests" give us a few different Breton guards!

And it should go without saying that it needs to be 24 player.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loved Whiterun so much I built my chars first house there, uh it would be nice if we could get a 400-600 slot house there in the style...<3
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • Athyrium93
    Athyrium93
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to have smaller empty plots to build on, something cheaper than the existing huge options, even if it was only 200-300 slots. I'd love to make a tiny cabin in the woods, or a travel camp in the desert, or a hundred other small projects that don't need a whole house.
  • AmaltheaWinter
    Grappling hook and grappling hook posts....come on zos, you got it for Elsweyr and even in that Harrowstorm dungeon. Time for housing 2021!
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be too much to ask to raise the guest limit a smidge as well as the furnishing limits?

Proportionately of course. Im not asking for 50 people in my alinor townhouse, but maybe 18-20, instead of 12? Similarly, raising the other size homes proportionately as well?
  • Dovakhan
    Dovakhan
    ✭✭✭
    Imperial Legion stuff.

There's a wall in my house where I'd love to put two small Legion banners (like the ones inside Sandswirl Manor in Northern Elsweyr), and some glorious Legion centerpiece in the middle. Preferibly golden.
  • Alhatariel
    Alhatariel
    ✭✭✭
    A lot has been improved after Eso started with Homesteads : much more decorations, more buildingmaterials etc etc.

But what I would like to see for a guildhouse is that it is USED more by its guildmembers! That guildmembers have several grounds to visit the guildhouse.

Now the members of my guild come to the guildhouse to use dummies, doing writs and visit auctions.
    With the upcoming update, which make animals and guests, banker and merchants moving is a big step to make our houses look like more alife and I appreciate it much that this feature shall be available soon.
    But.......I would like to have my guildhouse USED and VISITED by many guildmembers on a daily base! So there should be more tempting reasons for our members to visit our guildhouses as for exemple:

- possibility for fishing should absolutely increase the number of daily visits.
    -Several lootboxes in the guildhouse that can be used once a day by members(and ofcourse refilled by the GM).
    -Make it possible to play a game in the guildhouse in stead of having all kinds of tablegames that cant be used.
    -Have a bard who makes the guildhouse even more alive!
    -Be able to use our bankers also to reach the Guildstore and bank.

These are just a few exemples, but the point of this post is:
    My wishlist for housing is not about more decorations, but more tempting, interactive things of all kind that attract daily visits of our guildmembers in our guildhouses. Give them more to do in our guildhouse!

Ala
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alhatariel wrote: »
    A lot has been improved after Eso started with Homesteads : much more decorations, more buildingmaterials etc etc.

But what I would like to see for a guildhouse is that it is USED more by its guildmembers! That guildmembers have several grounds to visit the guildhouse.

Now the members of my guild come to the guildhouse to use dummies, doing writs and visit auctions.
    With the upcoming update, which make animals and guests, banker and merchants moving is a big step to make our houses look like more alife and I appreciate it much that this feature shall be available soon.
    But.......I would like to have my guildhouse USED and VISITED by many guildmembers on a daily base! So there should be more tempting reasons for our members to visit our guildhouses as for exemple:

- possibility for fishing should absolutely increase the number of daily visits.
    -Several lootboxes in the guildhouse that can be used once a day by members(and ofcourse refilled by the GM).
    -Make it possible to play a game in the guildhouse in stead of having all kinds of tablegames that cant be used.
    -Have a bard who makes the guildhouse even more alive!
    -Be able to use our bankers also to reach the Guildstore and bank.

These are just a few exemples, but the point of this post is:
    My wishlist for housing is not about more decorations, but more tempting, interactive things of all kind that attract daily visits of our guildmembers in our guildhouses. Give them more to do in our guildhouse!

Ala

Yes yes yes. I want my home/guild hall to be more functional. Decor is always nice, and I will never turn that down, but the more players can interact with the guild hall the better.

I have a friend who is into the thieves guild, and joked that he couldn't loot my home! Why not make the various storage coffers, jewley boxes, etc. available for thieving? Limited loot available of course, but something is better than nothing. Or the ability to store items in them (like 3-5 max) but they are insecure.... so maybe you leave trash for people to steal, or maybe you tell a friend you left them some potions in a storage chest!

On that note, I will bring up again how much I would love to lay out consumables (food, potions, etc.) on a community table, for guildies to come and take what they need, or to give players keys to certain rooms, or chests, etc.

On keys... maybe even make a craftable key that "attunes" to player homes. Takes 1 iron ingot to craft, and when activated, ports the player to the home. Imagine crafting a bunch of keys and giving them to guild members, or an in game spouse.

Ive also suggested a merchant npc for the home owner to be able to sell goods. I would stock it with sugar skulls, psijic ambrosia, etc. accessible to any who visit the home, or in this case, my guildies! The common items I know my guilds always wants/needs. Since its a crafting guild, I could sell trait gear, lvl 1 iron gear with various traits for crafters to purchase and research.

Theres so much we can do with player housing, we just need more functionality!
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Speaking of furnishings..... I NEED this well. I don't think I've found it anywhere online/confirmation its in-game, but hope I'm wrong. We have several well styles to choose from, but no Breton ones. As a Breton I take much offense!
    x59hzetllvr9.png

I would also love to see towers implemented. I know others have asked before, but I would like to add that it should be intractable. You interact with the door and it ports you to the top, like the existing towers in some houses, but instead... as a stand alone tower you can purchase/craft.
    xmgrdf6vr5o4.png
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would also love to see towers implemented. I know others have asked before, but I would like to add that it should be intractable. You interact with the door and it ports you to the top, like the existing towers in some houses, but instead... as a stand alone tower you can purchase/craft.
    xmgrdf6vr5o4.png

Yes! Only I don't want to be ported to the top! I want at least three floors total with a winding staircase up through them! C'mon ZoS, PLEASE! I need my wizard's tower!

Now what would ALSO be cool is a trap door that ports you down into a lower floor as well that's a single much larger room!

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• seecodenotgames
    seecodenotgames
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's a trapdoor in Daggerfall Overlook that goes out to sea, but you can construct your own dungeon or whatever you want. I built quite an extensive secret vampire lair below the trapdoor.
    Houses on PC EU (newest first)
    • 62. Sand Castles (Fogbreak Lighthouse) - A literal life size sand castle
    • 61. Riften Meadery (Old Mistveil Manor) - A new meadery has opened outside Riften
    • 60. Helene's Writing Room (Golden Gryphon Garret) - A small room for Helene to get some quiet writing time
    • 59. Picnic at Pelin (Black Vine Villa) - Based on the lore book Picnic at Pelin (A Horror Story)
    • 58. Almalexias Temple (Forsaken Stronghold) - A Dunmer Tower with a shrine to the three
    • 57. Pirate New Life For Me (Highhallow Hold) - A pirate tavern where they gift you loot
    • 56. Woodvine Cathedral (Agony's Ascent) - A living cathedral thriving in the Deadlands
    • 55. Dark Elf Town House (Quondam Indorilia) - A small and cosy town house on the edge of Mournhold
    • 54. The Secret Tower (Exorcised Coven Cottage) - A hidden mage tower in the swamps on the Hag Fen
    • 53. Knight Club (Frostvault Chasm) - A disco in a dwarven mineshaft
    • 52. Dwemer Cave City (The Erstwhile Sanctuary) - A lost dwarven city has been found deep underground
    • 51. Alinor Gryphon Aerie (Colossal Aldmeri Grotto) - A place where gryphons are trained
    • 50. The Charred Towers (Doomchar Plateau) - Deadlands themed fortress with two towers and custom furniture
    • 49. Argonian Sea Town (Tel Galen) - An Argonian sea port
    • 48. Daedric Princess Tower (Seaveil Spire) - An underwater tower dedicated to the Daedric Prince Meridia
    • 47. Fargrave Observatory (Ossa Accentium) - An observatory in the portal realm of Fargrave
    • 46. Hundings Beach House (Hundings Palatial Hall) - Beach house and hottub
    • 45. Crystal Gardens (Snugpod) - Enchanted Gardens with crystalline trees
    • 44. Dawnlight Health Spa (Princely Dawnlight Palace) - Our spa waters are revitalising and ready to heal your aching body
    • 43. Mountainside Retreat (Pariah's Pinnacle) - An orc mountainside hall with an amazing view
    • 42. Volcanic Vile Villa (Kushalit Sanctuary) - A private hollowed out volcano for all your mad alchemist needs
    • 41. Arenthian Water Temple (Strident Springs Demesne) - A relaxing water temple outside Arenthia
    • 40. Woodland Cottage (Ald Velothi Harbor House) - A house in a tree, but not a treehouse
    • 39. Winter Snow Meadhall (Enchanted Snow Globe Home) - A winter meadhall has opened to get everyone in the festive mood
    • 38. Fire and Ice Hotel (Elinhir Private Arena) - An new hotel has opened with an ice bar and a lava room
    • 37. City of Princes (Pantherfang Chapel) - Citadese is under attack from a dragon invasion. Prince Tarvia is leading the escape through the sewers.
    • 36. Dark Brotherhood Home (Stay-Moist Mansion) - A Dark Brotherhood Sanctuary found beneath an Argonian village
    • 35. Volkihar Courtyard (Velothi Reverie) - A castle courtyard modelled on the famous Volkihar Castle in Skyrim
    • 34. Rada's Summer Getaway (Potentate's Retreat) - A Redguard mansion with a dark vampiric secret in the basement
    • 33. Cascadia Wine N Dine (Sweetwater Cascades) - Vineyard and meadery with two restaurants and a chapel
    • 32. Walled Kitchen Garden (Amaya Lake Lodge) - Fresh produce and cut flowers for sale. Hot food served in a family restaurant.
    • 31. Luckycat Summerhouse (Lucky Cat Landing) - A khajiiti villa with spa and dining
    • 30. Helene's Boutique (Water's Edge) - The famous dressmaker has opened a new dress shop in town
    • 29. Alinor Garden Party (Mathiisen Manor) - A party in the flower gardens of a Altmer noble's manor
    • 28. Markarth Bath House (Stone Eagle Aerie) - A relaxing spa and bath house with an arts and craft centre
    • 27. Treeboat house (The Gorinir Estate) - No one know how an imperial ship ended up in the treetops
    • 26. Varlaisvea College (Varlaisvea Ayleid Ruins) - An ancient library has been discovered deep inside an Ayleid ruin
    • 25. City on the Moon (The Orbservatory Prior) - Moonbase with housing and an inn under the stars
    • 24. Lakemire Water Gardens (Lakemire Xanmeer Manor) - Relaxing hanging gardens and a fish restaurant beneath the Xanmeer
    • 23. Hircine's Hunt Club (Hunters Glade) - A relaxing villa for werewolves to feast in the ever refilling hunting grounds
    • 22. Lost Dwarven Kingdom (Shalidor’s Shrouded Realm) - A lost Dwemer king's palace has been found in a mage's pocket realm
    • 21. Replaced with 54. The Secret Tower
    • 20. Topal Fishing Resort (Grand Topal Hideaway) - A resort in the middle of a fishing lake on a private island
    • 19. Castleton Manor (Alinor Crest Townhouse) - The home of Lord Castleton and his daughter Sonja
    • 18. Cave of BBQ N Ribs (Earthtear Cavern) - A secret rocky dome, hosts a BBQ and ribs restaurant
    • 17. Who Lived in a Shoe (The Ample Domicile) - There was an old reach witch who lived in a shoe
    • 16. Dwemer Party Tower (Hall of the Lunar Champion - Lion's Cradle) - A dwarven flying tower repurposed for parties
    • 15. A Taste of Alinor (Sleek Creek House) - A small piece of Alinor beside a creek
    • 14. Lava Submarine Base (Bastion Sanguinaris) - An evil vampire alchemy lab, accessible only via a lava submarine
    • 13. Spirit-tree Library (Wraithhome) - A library built atop an ancient forest within an ancient Daedric ruin
    • 12. Golden Beach Palace (Thieves' Oasis) - A dwarven inspired Redguard beach resort
    • 11. Mad Scientists House (Cyrodilic Jungle House) - Workshop and garage with an experimental De-lore-ean
    • 10. Big Toy House (Antiquarian's Alpine Gallery) - Two life sized doll's houses and a inn beneath the stairs
    • 9. Icy Falls Inn (Forgemaster Falls) - Two Nord lodges on a lake, serving mead and fresh fish
    • 8. Blue-ice Palace (Stillwaters Retreat) - Solitude, but on a frozen lake
    • 7. Mushroom Manor (Coldharbour Surreal Estate) - Dunmer house built from giant mushrooms
    • 6. Vampire Academy with wine bar (Daggerfall Overlook) - Come for the nibbles; stay for eternity
    • 5. Three Pillows War (Grymharth's Woe) - Re-enact the three banners war with pillow forts and floof balls
    • 4. Treefern House (Moon-sugar meadow) - Giant treefern treehouse
    • 3. Artaeum Theatre/Opera housel (Grand Psijic Manor) - Tiered Balcony
    • 2. Imperial Bridal Suite (Linchal Grand Manor) - Wedding venue with bridal suite extension
    • 1. Dragonguard Penthouse (Jode's Embrace) - 3 Extra floors, with indoor conservatory and top floor gym
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »

xmgrdf6vr5o4.png

Yes! Only I don't want to be ported to the top! I want at least three floors total with a winding staircase up through them! C'mon ZoS, PLEASE! I need my wizard's tower!

Now what would ALSO be cool is a trap door that ports you down into a lower floor as well that's a single much larger room!

Oh, I don't know why I didn't think of that. I just assumed it would be the same as the tower in daggerfall overlook. But you're right... a spiral staircase leading up would be so much better.
  • loc_talon
    loc_talon
    Soul Shriven
    I already made a post here, but I forgot to include, in my opinion, an essential aspect to any housing system...

Please...for the love of both the Divines and Princes...allow the "Decorator" permission to ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO DECORATE.

Having a "Decorator" permission that doesn't even allow the said "Decorator" to place decorations in the home is a bit asinine to me.

In my previous post, I made a lot of comparisons to Wildstar, because...in my opinion, Wildstar had the penultimate housing experience that I'd ever experience in any game (outside of games that are actually designed to be building simulators, like The Sims). Yet again, Wildstar did guest permissions right. Their "Decorator" permission, which they called "Roomate", allowed for a person to not only move the decorations that you have placed in your house, but ALSO allowed them to purchase, place and contribute their own decorations. It was really fun being able to decorate an entire plot with friends.

It honestly makes absolutely zero sense to me why the DECORATOR permission does not give a person permission to actually decorate...
  • lillfox
    lillfox
    ✭✭
    On the subject of armor and weapon displays and stands.

I'm sure someone else has had this thought, but I didn't notice it posted.

What about using our 'styles' to 'equip' a armor mannequin with styles we own.
    The same could be done with a weapons rack.
    =^-.-^=
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    We love the new house guests over here in this housing guild and would love to have a shamen type house guest that tells the player different lore stories (from the lore books, and only the books that the player has collected [incentive for the player to collect more books!?] ) - and extra kudos if its an argonian that sounds like Morgan freeman or Samuel L. Jackson.

Edited by Sticky_Paws on October 8, 2020 9:43PM
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We love the new house guests over here in this housing guild and would love to have a shamen type house guest that tells the player different lore stories (from the lore books) - and extra kudos if its an argonian that sounds like Morgan freeman or Samuel L. Jackson.

Or one that sounds like me. ;)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Sticky_Paws
    Sticky_Paws
    ✭✭✭
    I want all of the alchemy nodes (nameras rot, stinkhorn, cornflower, platinum, ancestersilk, ect ) as furnishings as well as the other nodes as furnishing items so I can create alchemy garden, Smith shoppe and materials to decorate my various stations please
  • Imperial1995
    Imperial1995
    ✭✭✭
    Would like a Breton/Imperial temple and/or chapel style home, with more expanded furnishing packs like we have with the Daedra, but the Divines.

Also love the houseguest system we have, and maybe have ZOS expand upon that by including previously mentioned things like generic/faction NPCs, romance-able NPCs, important/reoccurring characters like Darien, Razum-Dar, Naryu Virian, the Alliance Leaders, things like that.

We could also have the ability to dye/change colors on furnishings similar to how we can already do that with armor and consumes?

If ZOS needs financial incentive, release furnishing bundles/packs with items that already exist, but are unobtainable (chicken coops, flora, racial furnishings/structures). Also include packs that are Class/Archetype based. Maybe like a Necromancer or Paladin or Thief furnishing bundle, throw in items from the Thieves Guild loot room in Hew’s Bane, or the glowing statues from the Dark Brotherhood.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I play the game mostly with my GF. Our primary drive to play ESO is housing. Pretty much everything we do is to supplement housing.

For the most part each character we create has a "spouse". One of us will choose a house for that couple. If the house/style is more to her liking, then she will buy the house and decorate it. If the house/style is more to my liking, then I buy the house and decorate it.

The issue with decorating is that it's not always planned, meaning its difficult to plan a interior design given that our furniture acquisitions are often based on what we can craft, or afford off the guild traders. Because of this, if I am the house owner I cant just plop down all the furniture she will need to decorate an area, because its often more of an organic process.

So, to this degree we would both like a higher level of permission where the person can place and pick up any furniture from their inventory. I understand how this can be abused, or how players could be taken advantage of, but for real life couples with long term relationships these issues for the most part are not existent.

It would be nice to somehow tie accounts together, where both parties consent to the fact that they can pick up the other players furniture inventories.

Also. It would be nice to be able to access furnishing chests in for accounts that are "tied" together.

I realize that due to the nature of being able to pick up and inventory another players inventory is a touchy subject, but we could do this in Landmark. I could freely construct, place, pick up her inventories.

The bottom line is that we are attempting to make homes in ESO that we can both enjoy, but right now my homes still feel like they are my homes only, and the same for hers. Its simply due to the lack of ability to decorate (by placing furniture) and being able to use chests.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We did get several of these things in 2020:

1) Fine adjustment for placed items — I LOVE this feature, thank you! :smiley:

2) Working doors — we got several more this year which is very cool! I am a bit puzzled that there is no frame which fits the craftable Solitude door, but one can build around that. I hope that we’ll continue to see more doors and in every racial style (including the Ayleid tree doors please)!

3) NPCs for homes and pathing — another great addition, thank you! I hope we’ll continue to see this feature expanded upon, particularly an ability to queue emotes at nodes!

I appreciate the quality and variety (within the given style at least) of the furnishings that have been added! And the Antiquarian Alpine Gallery is a wonderful property — thank you for that! :blush: