The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PTS Update 26 - Feedback Thread for Antiquities

• anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't see any reason why you have to obtain all the leads within 30 days for an antiquity that is collected in parts. Once you've gotten a piece, you have it in your antiquities journal. That doesn't have an expiration date.

If it worked the way you interpret it, nobody would ever be able to collect the Ebon Dwarven Wolf mount. That doesn't have 5 parts. It has 17.

From PTS patch notes v6.0.0: "Leads expire 30 days after you obtain them. (Of course, you can always obtain them again)."

But the leads allow to dig a part, and that part, once dug, belongs to you without any time limitation. Which means that you don't have to have ALL leads valid in your inventory in order to get a premium rewards that comes in parts, but all parts of it.
    The way I understand things, leads are time-limited, not parts, and premium rewards are made from parts, not leads.

Am I wrong ?
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭

But the leads allow to dig a part, and that part, once dug, belongs to you without any time limitation. Which means that you don't have to have ALL leads valid in your inventory in order to get a premium rewards that comes in parts, but all parts of it.
    The way I understand things, leads are time-limited, not parts, and premium rewards are made from parts, not leads.

Am I wrong ?

Sounds good to me! Thanks for giving this one hope!
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seem to have missed where we're told in game that leads expire after 30 days and where to find the timer for each lead. I've just redone the intro quest on a new PTS character and tried to read everything that appeared on screen. I didn't see any mention of a timer in a tutorial note or quest dialogue. I didn't even get any note about leads at all when I found one, whether the basic blue treasure leads or the ones for motifs and such. I can't find any timers whatsoever under any Journal > Antiquities entry.

If you only put a comment in the patch notes that leads expire after 30 days, but you don't ever tell anyone that in game and fail to include relevant timers, you're going to be flooded (rightfully so) with support tickets from frustrated and confused players who find they're missing leads.

Please just ditch the lead expiration. It's going to be far more frustrating to your players and your support team than it's worth.

If you insist on keeping the expiration, then make sure the timers are accessible and accurate in both keyboard and gamepad modes. There have been too many cases where gamepad users have been given false, incomplete, or different information for no reason, like current Cyrodiil population bars being different when switching between modes, milegates being marked passable when they're not, timers being given in whole days rounded up rather than days and hours, etc.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - Sometimes, the treasure chest is not located under a Green square (on the Dig Site grid). In my past experiences, chests were always under the Green squares. Not anymore, it seems. Was that a change? Or does this happen only with gold-quality digs? Anyway, be careful when Excavating squares surrounding the Green squares, so you don't risk damaging the chest!
    - Sometimes, the treasure chest is located under a smoking Fissure. I had not had that happen before today. One can "safely detonate" a Fissure if one has 2/2 in the "Trowel" passive ability. Also, perhaps, pay attention to soil levels over Treasure Chest, so they are not at same level as Fissure when you "safely detonate" it. I will experiment more with this situation next time it happens.
    I want to double check this. Are you sure that those were the squares that were necessary to dig? As far as I remember, a lot of gold antiquities (and maybe some purple too) are not square (rectangular) in shape. They are not in the chest. They may occupy a space this way, for example:
    ooooo
    ooxxo
    oxxoo
    ooooo
    (where o - not antiquity, x - antiquity).
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Longbow9
    Longbow9
    ✭✭
    I have found a dig site and have tried excavating the mound four times. You only get 9 chances and then have to find where the dig site has relocated to. I find this to be very annoying. This is way too much of a grind. This is on the first item I have tried to find in the wilderness. I can understand this on valuable items, but on a scrimshaw tooth that will be vendored? Not sure this is going to work for me.
  • lurkin777
    lurkin777
    ✭✭✭
    I just tried out the antiquities and found the tutorials very vague and not very beneficial. I have to go on line and search for info to get any real help. The tutorial led me to believe that I have all the time I wanted during excavating and didn't really explain how to use the tools in excavating. It was not clear how to augur and I am still not sure how to use it correctly.

Finding the location after scrying and when I get to the general location was a big pain because they didn't even mention using the Antiquarian’s Eye. I looked for a long time before I found out to use it online.

So far I am not impressed with it.

• chadtrusty_ESO
    chadtrusty_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    My leads keep disappearing. I've caught the lead for Bouyant Steel three times tonight and it's unavailable for me to scry. Am I doing something wrong, is it a known issue?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My leads keep disappearing. I've caught the lead for Bouyant Steel three times tonight and it's unavailable for me to scry. Am I doing something wrong, is it a known issue?

Are you high enough scrying level to actually attempt the scry, @chadtrusty_ESO?

Another thing to check is if you successfully scryed already and haven't actually excavated the artifact.
  • chadtrusty_ESO
    chadtrusty_ESO
    Soul Shriven

Are you high enough scrying level to actually attempt the scry, @chadtrusty_ESO?

Another thing to check is if you successfully scryed already and haven't actually excavated the artifact.

While that sounds like something I would do, the specific leads I'm looking for are Bouyant Steel and the Inert Anemone Inlay, for the Thrassian Stranglers. If I had found them I'm guessing my progress towards the Thrassian Stranglers would show those pieces as complete not telling me to find a new lead.