Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Battle Your Fellow Players During the Midyear Mayhem Event"

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xarcus wrote: »
    Why do you annouce the event only 3 days before ?

It is what they do, and it was expected.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am saying this:

"F"

in advance, because I know how this is going to end...
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lovely, lovely chaos...

• SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was really hoping they'd have an alternative route to tickets (dungeon bosses, or so forth) like they did last time. Funneling everyone into Cyro and IC seems ill advised, especially since they just had to fix problems related to player population in overland. People that are interested in the boom boon boxes and achievements will still go Cyro and IC.
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wow, with the state of the game after Greymoor and PvP seemingly getting worse week by week is this a wise expenditure of resources ?
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    Can’t wait
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hurbster wrote: »
    Wow, with the state of the game after Greymoor and PvP seemingly getting worse week by week is this a wise expenditure of resources ?

What resources? Midyear isn't a new event, everything has been in place since the first one, the only thing to be done is flip a switch.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :D Can't wait
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

As we head into a DOUBLE AP event... Can we finally get some official word from ZOS about:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/519709/ap-boosting-feeding-legit-against-tos/p1

And from the last Midyear Mayhem -- suspicious rollbacks https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/511054/laatvulon-another-dc-rollback
    Even if there were no foul play involved here, rolling back a significant amount of work is not funny at all and really deserved some kind of response.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again this Midyear Mayhem.
  • DarthBetty
    DarthBetty
    Soul Shriven
    Well this should be interesting...
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bet: they will cancel after 1 day.
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have been waiting a whole year for the outfit style to finally become available, and everyone else here wants the Event canceled.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Aptonoth
    Aptonoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

As we head into a DOUBLE AP event... Can we finally get some official word from ZOS about:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/519709/ap-boosting-feeding-legit-against-tos/p1

And from the last Midyear Mayhem -- suspicious rollbacks https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/511054/laatvulon-another-dc-rollback
    Even if there were no foul play involved here, rolling back a significant amount of work is not funny at all and really deserved some kind of response.
    I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen again this Midyear Mayhem.

Last time I pvp Ed I had multiple rollbacks happen and lost tickets lol.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    Are the banners Legion Zero again or will they be real Alliance Banners this time?

Looks like they will be Yokudan banners stolen (errr....repurposed) and used as Legion Zero banners again, and colored in your Alliance's color. But they learned their lesson about calling them "Alliance banners" last year, as this year they are called "Standard-Bearers emotes".

So, to answer your question: No. No Alliance banners this year.

2f1044dd0435fe4b7a45cf733f7560af.jpg
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Mr_Arce88
    Mr_Arce88
    ✭✭✭
    Is this the same banner emote as in January?
  • dhboy123
    dhboy123
    ✭✭✭✭
    How can you honestly expect to run this event after a simple reboot destroys the servers.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I need to free up inventory space on my pvp toons and the transmutation space.

This is my favorite event 😍 with the anniversary event being second, and any double arena award events being tied for third.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very uncool to split tickets up between Cyrodiil dailies and IC dailies. Scouting missions have long been the staple of players who just cannot PvP to save their lives, and now those players are liable to be denied half the daily tickets entirely...unless they buy them from the crown store. It looks like you did that deliberately to boost store sales.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tip: The Arena and Arboretum Districts have the best quests. The Memorial District has the worst. The standard of goodness here is how vulnerable you are to being farmed by fellow players, and specifically whether the quests require you to go to:
    • Specific, visible areas where you can easily be targeted and farmed (bad).
    • Anywhere in the district, with many choices of mobs to kill (good), or at least to a choice of specific spots that would be less productive for enemies to camp.
    I think the Temple daily is worst, I haven't really been in IC since they updated the quests though.

Arena: Just have to rescue a dozen citizens. In some cases you don't even need to finish killing the mobs before you get credit. (They said they increased the spawn rates, hopes it's enough because this will be the popular quest.)

Arboretum: Kill mobs, loot pages. Only hitch is you need to stay alive to loot the corpse. Spawn points are along the wall, farthest from the flag. So if you are the 2 end alliances, just fan out to the side. The middle alliance, AD, risks getting pinched.

Memorial: kill enemies, hit x for ritual. This one isn't too bad. The spawns are next to the flag, so if you sneak off to the other side, you should be good. Only issue is finding enough piles of bones.

Noble: kill enemies, bait traps. 4 traps all in the corners, 3 of which are near each Alliance's spawn. This one almost guarantees you'll run into an enemy.

Elven Gardens: burn ballistas, get tar, toss in furnace. If you're DC, this quest progresses from your spawn point to the sewer entrance closest to your base. A few invisible pots, you can get through this one pretty easily without fighting mobs let alone other players.

Temple: kill enemies, get wine (near DC), brazier (near AD), anoint ash.

This one has a lot of steps, and has you crisscrossing the map.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dhboy123 wrote: »
    How can you honestly expect to run this event after a simple reboot destroys the servers.

What do you think the reboot was for?
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So is the event over in 4 days 23 hours or does it end on July 7?
  • merevie
    merevie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Announcement says I have 4 days and 3 hours for Mayhem.
    Quest in Crown store says 11 days.

Anyone know which is wrong?
    Or are both wrong and it is another time?
    Thanks.
    Edited by merevie on June 26, 2020 10:24AM
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    merevie wrote: »

Thanks.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/534757/event-length#latest
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/534757/event-length#latest

I'll add the quote just for ease of access
    Hey there @alainjbrennanb16_ESO thanks for reporting this! The dates provided in this article are the correct ones.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is an error in this news article: "The Event Ticket timer resets at 1:00AM EDT each morning."

For "1:00AM EDT," read "2:00AM EDT."
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks.
    virtus753 wrote: »
    There is an error in this news article: "The Event Ticket timer resets at 1:00AM EDT each morning."

For "1:00AM EDT," read "2:00AM EDT."

Error? Error?

1n0f50.gif
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And now I am certain that all the mirrors of PVE zones are removed. I am getting an infinite loading second time in 10 minutes when trying to get into Summerset. I've been in Cyrodiil, then moved into Tideholm, and now Summerset is inaccessible to me. It looks like new instance of Summerset is prohibited to be created, existing instance is full, and now I am in a queue (infinite queue without a number in it) waiting for somebody to move from the zone.
    Is it the second goal, not only to move players into PVP by rewards, but also by making PVE zones unplayable?
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.