The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Alliance banner bought from Impresario is legion zero banner?

Strike_Maximus
Strike_Maximus
✭✭✭
2 of my friends got the Daggerfall alliance banner from the impresario but when they use it it's a legion zero banner? Is this an error or do they have to buy an alliance standard-bearer license? If this is the case it's not made clear to those buying this from the Impresario since all banners show as their respected allice in the impresario's offerings.
PC/NA/DC

CP 810
Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really? So it's an ultra rare banner, that can only be purchased with tix?

Regardless, does anyone know if I buy an AD banner, can my DC character use that emote?
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Really? So it's an ultra rare banner, that can only be purchased with tix?

Regardless, does anyone know if I buy an AD banner, can my DC character use that emote?

I don't think it's intentional and I don't think it's an ultra-rare banner, however, I really don't know the hard facts of it all besides the fact that my friends bought the DC banner and used it on DC characters only to show up as legion zero banners.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it's a legion zero banner that means it's in the game files somewhere. Can anyone else in team orange confirm?

Plus, I really want to troll a few of the zone chat loons by prancing around on my blue waving the EP banner high. :D
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Post a screenshot, @Strike_Maximus, so the devs can take a look ...
  • Nomadic_Atmoran
    Nomadic_Atmoran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bought the EP banner and its definitely not EP. Its red, but not the dragon standard at all. Very disappointed in that.
    Penniless Sellsword Company
    Captain Paramount Jorrhaq Vhent
    Korith Eaglecry - Laerinel Rhaev - Enrerion - Caius Berilius - Seylina Ithvala - Signa Squallrider - H'Vak the Grimjawl
    Yynril Rothvani - Tenarei Rhaev - Bathes-In-Coin - Dazsh Ro Khar - Aredyhel - Reads-To-Frogs - Azjani Ma'Les
    Kheshna gra-Gharbuk - Gallisten Bondurant - Aban Shahid Bakr - Etain Maquier - Atsu Kalame - Faulpia Severinus
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Post a screenshot, @Strike_Maximus, so the devs can take a look ...

My DC friend holding up his "DC" banner he bought from the impresario on his DC Character. (He used the /bannercovenant)

0qfENgS.jpg
    Edited by Strike_Maximus on January 28, 2020 3:03AM
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    As the banners appear at the impresario plus description.

wnS5Pi2.jpg
    Edited by Strike_Maximus on January 28, 2020 3:08AM
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's what happens when you don't buy the AD banner, you get ripped off

*Edit* I've been selling those banner emblems, I didn't know you need 10 for a free banner
    Edited by JamieAubrey on January 28, 2020 3:11AM
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    The legion zero banners being held by legion zero members in a promo picture.
    (See original news with pic here -> https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57605)

fgXDF6r.jpg

A rough estimate of what I believe the banner is supposed to resemble (at least what I think of when I'm bearing my alliance's banner as a DC member)

nyW34sG.jpg
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All 3 Alliance banners are the Legion Zero banner, just red, blue, or yellow.(I have all 3)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The banners are the same, it's only the color is different. I got the covenant one with AP. The motif on the banner looks like the firedrake helmet.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    :facepalm:
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To be clear -- I just got the same thing for the banner emote, but I have NOT accumulated 10 emblems and the thing we need to buy from Predicant Miera. Hopefully the look will change upon doing those things.

And that was for the alliance I'd bought an emote for. I tried another alliance, and got the mention that that emote was locked.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on January 28, 2020 6:01AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same on Xbox EU, I bought the Pact banner and it's not the Pact banner.

I used 5 event tickets though rather than the emblems, not sure if that makes a difference.

Very confusing ZOS

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

I used 5 event tickets though rather than the emblems, not sure if that makes a difference.

Very confusing ZOS

As I understand it one needs to spend event tickets AND emblems AND alliance points.

If I'm right, that would explain what we're seeing so far.
  • essi2
    essi2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Very confusing ZOS

As I understand it one needs to spend event tickets AND emblems AND alliance points.

If I'm right, that would explain what we're seeing so far.

If that is the case the description should say that you get the Legion Zero banner if you don't get the AP 'glue' item.

You definitely don't need the ticket item AND emblems though.
    "The Heritance are racists yes? Idiots. But dangerous, destabilizing racist idiots." - Razum-dar

"Wood Elves aren't made of wood, Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves" - M'aiq the Liar

** Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-EU) - Leyawiin Layabouts (PC-NA) **

*** https://www.youtube.com/@essi2 - https://www.twitch.tv/essi2 ***
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yikes. I just checked the description from the announcement page. You're right, or at least you should be.
    essi2 wrote: »
    You definitely don't need the ticket item AND emblems though.
    Standard-Bearer Emotes

Show your colors with the Standard-Bearer emote! This new emote is earned by collecting 10 Standard-Bearer’s Emblems, found within the first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open each day per account. Once you have 10, you can combine them with a Standard-Bearer’s License (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to create a Runebox with the emote for that character’s Alliance. Make sure to use it on a character of the Alliance whose banner you want to hold high!

In that case, these banner emotes are probably as they are meant to be by ZoS, and are a total catastrophe. I now feel very ripped off.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2 of my friends got the Daggerfall alliance banner from the impresario but when they use it it's a legion zero banner? Is this an error or do they have to buy an alliance standard-bearer license? If this is the case it's not made clear to those buying this from the Impresario since all banners show as their respected allice in the impresario's offerings.

You can get it without tickets by using ten standard bearer emblems....for the emote

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/57605
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want Legion Zero banners with alliance's colors...
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes I think the idea is that replaces having to collect the 10 standard bearer emblems if you can't log in every day, then you buy the License (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to convert it into the Alliance of your choice.
  • Tatanko
    Tatanko
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm far more interested in an Imperial banner myself, but I was also quite disappointed upon seeing the final appearance of these emote banners. They are not particularly attractive, and they have really no connection to their respective alliance outside of similar colors.
    Silvanus the Gilded
    Merchant, Scholar, and Benefactor
    Imperial Templar - PC/NA
    Learn More
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So... it is basically the same banner, but the colour/tint is different ?
    So if you buy EP banner it is a red legion zero banner, if you buy DC banner it is a blue legion zero banner and if you buy AD banner it is a yellow legion zero banner ? ? ? LOL that feels cheap...
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone please read, the impresario banners are not the full faction banners. The only way to get those is to combined 10 emblems and purchase the license with AP.

I agree that the description of the item in the impresario's inventory might make you believe otherwise, but those are only faction colored banners.

It appears that the banners with faction colors and symbols are acquired as follows:
    Standard-Bearer Emotes

Show your colors with the Standard-Bearer emote! This new emote is earned by collecting 10 Standard-Bearer’s Emblems, found within the first Pelinal’s Midyear Boon Box you open each day per account. Once you have 10, you can combine them with a Standard-Bearer’s License (on sale for 50,000 AP) from Predicant Maera to create a Runebox with the emote for that character’s Alliance. Make sure to use it on a character of the Alliance whose banner you want to hold high!

“There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    another over-complicated event mess. classic
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The very definition of both

Rip-off, and

Spectacularly bad management

No one who is spending tickets on these expects them to be anything other than the final, actual banners.

Plus they look really cheap.

Another great ZOS own goal
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everyone please read, the impresario banners are not the full faction banners. The only way to get those is to combined 10 emblems and purchase the license with AP.

I agree that the description of the item in the impresario's inventory might make you believe otherwise, but those are only faction colored banners.

It appears that the banners with faction colors and symbols are acquired as follows:
    Standard-Bearer Emotes

That's certainly a lot clearer, thanks. I wasn't really thrilled with the banner paid for using tickets..plus it was the first time I ever used tickets because I don't usually participate in events and I only get tickets by accident.
    I must have the Daggerfall banner though, so I guess I better make sure to get those Emblems.
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The item you buy unlocks the emote, so unless there is actually another emote unlocked by the emblem+AP item, the /bannercovenant emote should look the same no matter how you got it. Otherwise the server would not only have to tell every player around you that you use the emote, but also which version. We want to reduce server load, right?

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone else on console has apparently made one getting Emblems from alt accounts and it's the same banner...not an alliance banner, just this same ugly banner with a face and crappy coloring.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously @ZOS_GinaBruno , can we get some clarification about the banners? Is it supposed to be these faux-Alliance banners? They're terrible.
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why is it not just the Alliance banners? You know, with the actual Alliance symbols? Would that have been too much to ask so instead we get these stupid face banners?
    Finally something I actually wanted from an event and ZOS fumbles it.