Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nerf snipe

• JonnytheKing
    JonnytheKing
    ✭✭✭✭
    Roll-dodge, mist, interrupt, LOS, wings, shimmering, streak, pet body block, s&b block, keeping HoTs up, cloak, stacked resistances, undeath...

You don't have access to any of those? :)

the problem is desink , those things are all good but if u get desinked u die with no mater wat most of the time
    TWITCH jtk__gaming
    GM of Elder-Skills DC PVP Guild NA
    Main Toons
    MagSorc
    MagTemp
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you hear an arrow plink type sound but your hp doesn't move just dodge roll because thats what happens when you are about to receive some desync snipes. You have to listen for the audio queues.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »
    If you hear an arrow plink type sound but your hp doesn't move just dodge roll because thats what happens when you are about to receive some desync snipes. You have to listen for the audio queues.

Those audio cues are usually delayed or missing on the target's side. There is no counterplay to snipe desyncs. This even applies if snipe doesn't desync the target's health bar.

Quite telling how many player defend this bugged skill. I guess for many it is the only way to get some kills.
    Edited by Rianai on June 3, 2020 5:20PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yup, there's a level of due diligence people just aren't performing but dying to something and immediately crying for nerf because nothing should have killed them. Gotta be aware of everything, with your eyes, with your ears, etc.
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

Those audio cues are usually delayed or missing on the target's side. There is no counterplay to snipe desyncs. This even applies if snipe doesn't desync the target's health bar.

Quite telling how many player defend this bugged skill. I guess for many it is the only way to get some kills.

They are not missing nearly as often as people want to believe. It does happen but not as much as people claim.

I’ve tried max damage ganking builds in the past. They only work versus middle tier to poor players. There are people on Xbox NA that despite trailing them for hours I never get a kill. That’s why I quit ganking so long ago. They aren’t getting desync’d, they don’t let more then 1 snipe hit them ever.

I’ve dabbled with it more recently and it’s the same. You can troll on low CP players, or players who are just bad. You can occasionally catch a decent player unaware. But you don’t kill the best players or people in their groups.

Pretty certain just having 1 player near you running Radiant Magelight just about negates any ganker.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are certain snipers that keep desyncing snipe. You dont take dmg...you just fall over dead. You dont hear snipe, you dont hear any dmg, but you fall over dead and on deathcap or dmg log theres atleast 2 or 3 snipes hitting you..with often a few silver lashes too.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

They are not missing nearly as often as people want to believe. It does happen but not as much as people claim.

I’ve tried max damage ganking builds in the past. They only work versus middle tier to poor players. There are people on Xbox NA that despite trailing them for hours I never get a kill. That’s why I quit ganking so long ago. They aren’t getting desync’d, they don’t let more then 1 snipe hit them ever.

I’ve dabbled with it more recently and it’s the same. You can troll on low CP players, or players who are just bad. You can occasionally catch a decent player unaware. But you don’t kill the best players or people in their groups.

Pretty certain just having 1 player near you running Radiant Magelight just about negates any ganker.

Most of the time when i hear snipes - i'm not the target. When i'm the target i don't hear any snipes before getting hit by the first one for like 90% of the time, especially (but not exclusively) when there is other stuff going on at the same time. Solo snipers still won't kill me usually, because they lack dmg and i can react after getting hit (and they tend to be terrible players). But you say it yourself, the follow up is what gets countered, not the first snipe and it is exactly for the reason i mentioned. But there are almost no solo gankers. Snipers always target outnumbered players and in that situation getting hit by a potentially very hard hitting, stunning, defiling and possibly desyncing abilitiy without getting a chance to avoid it is stupid. All with basically zero effort and risk from the snipers side.

And funnily enough, even in the rare case i can hear the sound cue in advance and dodge the opening snipe, guess what, the sniper remains stealthed and can just keep spamming that one button with zero chance for me to fight back until i actually take the hit. Yes, i can block it. Then watch the sniper disappear into stealth before i can get anywhere close enought to retaliate.

Snipe needs the desyncs fixed, a reliable tell before it hits like other hard hitting ranged skills and break stealth on cast. Tho luckily for all those snipetards out there, ZOS is more likely to nerf nb (with collateral dmg to magblade) once again instead of changing the real culprit behind many "nerf nb" requests.
    Edited by Rianai on June 4, 2020 11:28AM
  • ItsJustHashtag
    ItsJustHashtag
    ✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    There are certain snipers that keep desyncing snipe. You dont take dmg...you just fall over dead. You dont hear snipe, you dont hear any dmg, but you fall over dead and on deathcap or dmg log theres atleast 2 or 3 snipes hitting you..with often a few silver lashes too.

There is 100% a way to desync players with snipe on purpose. I won’t say how to do it publicly but yeah it’s a thing.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Mankeyyyyy wrote: »
    Well I literally can't even pvp because I get snipe desynced 3 times an hour. If you play on xbox you can probably relate, but my only deaths in cyrodiil are to either snipe desync or keep flip load screens. But I've never seen Dswing desync anyone so I would like to see clips of that. I do remember "macro slicing" but that has been mostly fixed for a long time now.

Only 3 times? So the other 54 minutes it's business as usual for ya?

If you enjoy challenging gameplay in PvP and play outside of a zerg or in stealth spamming snipe you would quickly realise how overpowered and consistently the snipe exploit is abused, many videos will show you how to get off 2-3 snipes followed by a poison inject which allows all to hit at once, Im yet to see any other other ability be spammed and be turned in to a burst combo

You just described all burst combos lmao. That's the point of burst comboing, figuring out how to do as much damage as possible in as little time as possible before hots can start to heal someone. If you do not like that style of gameplay, then ESO is just not for you.

And I find playing a class cannon that can get 1 shot if you make a mistake or get caught pretty fun with it's own set of challenges. You have to dedicate your entire build to get like 3 abilities to hit hard. It's a high risk high reward playstyle, just like any class canon spec in any MMORPG on any plant within any galaxy.

Perma block, ball grouping, brawling, tanking, glass canon, hybrid, healing, etc. All valid playstyles of which we all have to chose from. if you do not like playing certain playstyles, you can certainly choose other ways to play. But you can't force anyone else to play how you want them to play. If a build counters your build, then too bad so sad. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Welcome to MMORPG PVP.

This is not a burst combo, this is exploiting a games poor performance, Any and every other gank build has been nerfed in to obscurity and made unusable, they literally nerfed both elegance and overload light attacks to stop the blob magsorc gank build because no surprise its was a buggy abuse of poor connection and not uniform travel times. Why is snipe the only skill that seems to always and forever avoid the nerf hammer? To appease and keep the zerglings happy, there always needs to be a super crutch to help them farm tier 3 rewards.

Lmao snipe is one of most nerfed skill in the game. All your talking points are gone in a wind when you disregard reality like that instead of sticking to facts like yes, poor server performance does cause snipe to desync and yes if performance cannot be fixed then skills affected by it should.

I never cared much about snipe either way but hold it. I looked through the 3 pages of search results in patch notes and I think you can't say it's "the most nerfed skill in the game" with a straight face. From start to finish it lost 20% dmg, gained defile and lost 5m range (and minimum range req),, 20% cost decrease and lost 2 seconds (+post channel gcd) of cast time. Hardly nerfed to the ground.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on June 5, 2020 7:12AM
  • Nick_Balza
    Nick_Balza
    ✭✭✭
    I want they nerf lags in ESO.
    GM of small social/casual guild Bar Indoril Nalivayka
    PC - EU. @NickBalza
    Nick Balza - Magicka Nightblade
    John Skellan - Stamina Nightblade (Vampire/Crafter/Bowtard)
    Roland Maybelline - Stamina Templar
    Willow The Firestarter - Magicka DK
    Alexander Veidt - Stamina Necromancer
    Chris Maxwell - Magicka Necromancer (Healer)
    Genevieve Diedonne - Stamina Sorc
    The Beckett - Stamina DK/Werewolf
    Mira Giovanni - Magicka Nightblade (Healer\Tank)

• Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There is 100% a way to desync players with snipe on purpose. I won’t say how to do it publicly but yeah it’s a thing.

BS. Flat out BS.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BS. Flat out BS.

How can you know?
  • Atherakhia
    Atherakhia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Everytime a Snipe thread comes up I respond with the same solution. The problem is neither the amount of damage being done or the range of the skill. Adjusting the damage is a non-starter simply due to PvE. Snipe is the PvE bow spammable and bow is already a mostly irrelevant weapon. Any reduction in damage will be the end of the weapon in PvE. The range is also not an issue because the difference between 28 and 35 is so negligible it's not worth arguing about.

The only real problem Snipe has is the fact that all of its damage comes in a single hit with very little in the way of visual queue which makes it difficult to counterplay. The solution needs to address those issues. In my opinion, I would solve this problem by changing Snipe from a 1 second cast time ability to a 1 second channel that deals damage every fraction of he second. For example, it would deal 33% of the damage it does now every .33 seconds.

This has 2 major advantages to the current snipe. 1.) it now clearly has counter play built in as a player can more easily react to a channeled ability than a single damage burst skill. 2.) it would actually buff the damage in PvE situations due to various set synergies with channeled abilities. And 3.) still leaves open future changes if it's still deemed too powerful. For example, the first tick could do 20% damage, the second tick would deal 30% damage, and the final tick would deal 50% damage. But something like that likely isn't necessary as the damage really isn't the issue.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    Mankeyyyyy wrote: »
    Well I literally can't even pvp because I get snipe desynced 3 times an hour. If you play on xbox you can probably relate, but my only deaths in cyrodiil are to either snipe desync or keep flip load screens. But I've never seen Dswing desync anyone so I would like to see clips of that. I do remember "macro slicing" but that has been mostly fixed for a long time now.

Only 3 times? So the other 54 minutes it's business as usual for ya?

If you enjoy challenging gameplay in PvP and play outside of a zerg or in stealth spamming snipe you would quickly realise how overpowered and consistently the snipe exploit is abused, many videos will show you how to get off 2-3 snipes followed by a poison inject which allows all to hit at once, Im yet to see any other other ability be spammed and be turned in to a burst combo

You just described all burst combos lmao. That's the point of burst comboing, figuring out how to do as much damage as possible in as little time as possible before hots can start to heal someone. If you do not like that style of gameplay, then ESO is just not for you.

And I find playing a class cannon that can get 1 shot if you make a mistake or get caught pretty fun with it's own set of challenges. You have to dedicate your entire build to get like 3 abilities to hit hard. It's a high risk high reward playstyle, just like any class canon spec in any MMORPG on any plant within any galaxy.

Perma block, ball grouping, brawling, tanking, glass canon, hybrid, healing, etc. All valid playstyles of which we all have to chose from. if you do not like playing certain playstyles, you can certainly choose other ways to play. But you can't force anyone else to play how you want them to play. If a build counters your build, then too bad so sad. That's the way the cookie crumbles. Welcome to MMORPG PVP.

This is not a burst combo, this is exploiting a games poor performance, Any and every other gank build has been nerfed in to obscurity and made unusable, they literally nerfed both elegance and overload light attacks to stop the blob magsorc gank build because no surprise its was a buggy abuse of poor connection and not uniform travel times. Why is snipe the only skill that seems to always and forever avoid the nerf hammer? To appease and keep the zerglings happy, there always needs to be a super crutch to help them farm tier 3 rewards.

Lmao snipe is one of most nerfed skill in the game. All your talking points are gone in a wind when you disregard reality like that instead of sticking to facts like yes, poor server performance does cause snipe to desync and yes if performance cannot be fixed then skills affected by it should.

I never cared much about snipe either way but hold it. I looked through the 3 pages of search results in patch notes and I think you can't say it's "the most nerfed skill in the game" with a straight face. From start to finish it lost 20% dmg, gained defile and lost 5m range (and minimum range req),, 20% cost decrease and lost 2 seconds (+post channel gcd) of cast time. Hardly nerfed to the ground.

I never said nerfed to ground did I? I said one of most nerfed skills and I can say that with straight face. Snipe has been only losing in last 4 or 5 years of game. Among various changes and nerfs to snipe that made the skill worse at sniping there has been changes to sneak attack buffs, asylum bow snipe interaction, damage % calculation changes, ...