The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nerf snipe

Skander
Skander
✭✭✭✭✭
Or make it actually challanging to use
I meme, but my memes are so truthful they hurt
-Elder Nightblades Online
Want competitive pvp while being outnumbered? Tough luck, the devs clearly said you have to die in those situations
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Roll-dodge, mist, interrupt, LOS, wings, shimmering, streak, pet body block, s&b block, keeping HoTs up, cloak, stacked resistances, undeath...

You don't have access to any of those? :)
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Have you tried using it when the lag monster appears?

Certainly challenging. :s
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just fix it. I have no issues with it other than it's annoying, when the game works properly. Unfortunately it desyncs you far too often and it's no fun hearing it hit you while you're looking at your death recap.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skander wrote: »

Have you tried using it when the lag monster appears?

Certainly challenging. :s

Have You tried avoiding it when the lag monster appears ?
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You must be one of the people using the high risk hard to connect skill called Dizzy swing and avoid using clearly over performing no risk high reward skill called Snipe out of pure honor for combat. Respect!
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    SodanTok wrote: »
    You must be one of the people using the high risk hard to connect skill called Dizzy swing and avoid using clearly over performing no risk high reward skill called Snipe out of pure honor for combat. Respect!

Oh come on man, you've never been dizzyd respect from 40m away. ;)
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bold assumptions, these days servers are capable of even that! :D
  • x48rph
    x48rph
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Actually I've been dizzyd from quite a distance away lately more than once. Not 40m away of course but still....
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not "nerf snipe,"

but fix snipe desync.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on May 28, 2020 6:24PM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Getting desync by snipe is the worst lol I feel ya pain but snipe doesn’t need nerfs just fixes.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some people think the tooltip is too high. Some people just hate getting got. Some people hate the desync. Whatever the case, it is good to return to this topic MORE than twice a week.

Because we’ve been dealing with the same crap for years. And while situational awareness and animation canceling SHOULD contribute to a skill gap... Being able to recognize when the game is glitching And reacting to it extra fast or adjusting your strategy to account for a busted system should NOT.

Fix it. It’s trash. Duh.
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    Some people think the tooltip is too high. Some people just hate getting got. Some people hate the desync. Whatever the case, it is good to return to this topic MORE than twice a week.

Because we’ve been dealing with the same crap for years. And while situational awareness and animation canceling SHOULD contribute to a skill gap... Being able to recognize when the game is glitching And reacting to it extra fast or adjusting your strategy to account for a busted system should NOT.

Fix it. It’s trash. Duh.

I'd have much less an issue with nerf snipe threads if people also listed the other problem skills as well.

The bias is obvious.

I trolled 2 snipers at fare farm the other day again I'm bad and outside of the desync it's a l2p issue.
    People dont like snipe so its being singled that's my issue. Yes snipes annoying but hits for far less than it used to has a bazillion counters and even for a bad player like myself is a non issue most of the time.
    Edited by jadarock on May 29, 2020 5:12PM
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My bias or the bias of others? I was doing my best to seem unbiased. My opinion is based only on my own personal experience of course so that is a bias in and of itself... but trust believe, friend, I get desynced. Not to insult you but... I find it kinda hard to believe that you don't know what I mean. Because the 40+ so people that I routinely pvp with for about 4 hours a day every day for 3 years straight all know what I mean.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bold assumptions, these days servers are capable of even that! :D

GP1cizf.gif
    #metoo :p
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS can attempt to do one of two things. Nerf snipe or fix the bugs related to it. If you think about which one they are more likely and capable of doing I think you will understand why people are calling for a nerf :smirk:
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dizzy spammers and snipe spammers have been in the game for awhile....as well as this dreadful performance.

Snipe is not the only desync culprit in the game, lol. :D

Just learn to die, rez, and play. :)

If you’re going to make a nerf thread then add all the offenders and follow my advice above^

smh
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on May 29, 2020 6:53PM
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OBJnoob wrote: »
    My bias or the bias of others? I was doing my best to seem unbiased. My opinion is based only on my own personal experience of course so that is a bias in and of itself... but trust believe, friend, I get desynced. Not to insult you but... I find it kinda hard to believe that you don't know what I mean. Because the 40+ so people that I routinely pvp with for about 4 hours a day every day for 3 years straight all know what I mean.

Ummmm, you have died to lag so nerf that. Performance not letting your skills fire....and a whole slew of things

Sorry but I have been playing since beta on multiple accounts and does it happen yeapers....Though not enough to entertain a nerfelings thread.

As I have said you can’t pick and choose to suit your needs. You have to list all the offending skills. Though I doubt anyone will do that because they ride on those skills.

• OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m new to this forum and using an iPad so... forgive me not for doing the quotes thing. But I’m speaking to the two folks responding to me; they seem to be saying roughly the same thing.

That snipe itself isn’t an OP skill and that there are other skills the same or stronger.

That desyncs aren’t the only performance issue and that the other ones are equally important and detrimental.

That this thread and others like it are pedantic and biased.

I agree with all points except the last. I think you should both take your own advice and create topics for the offending skills and issues not detailed here. And come here only to voice your unflinching corroboration of what we all know is wrong.

No wonder they don’t know how to help us. We’re squabbling children.
  • Animus-ESO
    Animus-ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Snipe should be the bows ultimate and make toxic barrage a form of channeled spam-able similar in function to jabs or force pulse..
    I don't know what the two morphs could be but I think it would be interesting.

This way bow could actually be used as a primary weapon and you can have your 2h as your back up/heal.

boom bow is now fixed.
    Dude Where's My Guar?
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to go back to before One Tamerial update! When NB snipe builds had the massive boost to damage from stealth! Those were the great days! For bow builds!,
    Edited by Curtdogg47 on May 29, 2020 8:38PM
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Soul Shriven
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay consecutive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.
    Staff Post
  • Sange13
    Sange13
    ✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

Recently we've had to remove a few posts for baiting and flaming, content that is against the Forum Rules. For further posts be sure to stay consecutive and respectful to avoid thread derailment.

Thank you for understanding.

[Quoted post was remove]

Dude, you know you're talking to a bot, right?
    Edited by ZOS_ConnorG on May 30, 2020 1:47PM
    IGN: Sange-13
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭✭
    buff it if you want, but fix the old desynch bug and the new cant fire skills associated. Too many people is exploiting It right now even snipping at 5 meters while stuned lol
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    coletas wrote: »
    buff it if you want, but fix the old desynch bug and the new cant fire skills associated. Too many people is exploiting It right now even snipping at 5 meters while stuned lol

Agreed.

• Berek_Bloodfang
    Berek_Bloodfang
    ✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »

Do you not realize you got hit by 5 1-second cast time abilities... The problem is in Cyrodiil the lag is so bad you have no idea you were getting hit until you were already dead. You have someone hit you with 5 dizzy swings I you will also be dead.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you not realize you got hit by 5 1-second cast time abilities... The problem is in Cyrodiil the lag is so bad you have no idea you were getting hit until you were already dead. You have someone hit you with 5 dizzy swings I you will also be dead.

But Dizzy doesn't do that unlike maybe if the server is super laggy. Snipe does that regardless and it does so frequently. It is the skill that is broken. Stop defending that bs.
  • OBJnoob
    OBJnoob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play in no cp and bgs and on an Xbox one x I do not lag in a noticeable way because the campaign is basically never capped. Lag is one thing... the alleged snipe desync is something else.

Who knows if it’s random on the first one that hits from stealth or if it’s “procced” by two landing consecutively or whatever. But it desyncs like... reliably. A huge and obvious problem. At this point, let’s be honest, it’s an exploit.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can't fix anything till the basic game works.
  • Joinovikova
    Joinovikova
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

But Dizzy doesn't do that unlike maybe if the server is super laggy. Snipe does that regardless and it does so frequently. It is the skill that is broken. Stop defending that bs.

its not only about snipe that desync can be achieved with any ranged cast abilty. in this case snipe it is not problem..