The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lead no longer "available"

SniqueMe
SniqueMe
Soul Shriven
I've found 3 leads in the last few days, that show in my loot window & I can read the location but when I accept them, I get a message at the top right of my screen saying that this lead is no longer available.. anyone else seeing this? (I am getting others that do go into my log book)
  • Thannazzar
    Thannazzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only with single use finds like the companions headband.
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Leads are temporary. You need to act on them, or they expire and you need to find them again.

As to what the actual timing of those expirations are supposed to be, I'm not sure, personally. Yet.
    I thought it was longer than a few days, though.
  • Unfadingsilence
    Unfadingsilence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    Leads are temporary. You need to act on them, or they expire and you need to find them again.

As to what the actual timing of those expirations are supposed to be, I'm not sure, personally. Yet.

30 days thats how long they expire
  • Red_Feather
    Red_Feather
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »

😲
  • SniqueMe
    SniqueMe
    Soul Shriven
    Thannazzar wrote: »

This is probably what it is - Thanks
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are you trying to scry from a location tab? If you are it turns out you can only scry from the scryable tab even if your in the right zone.
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • richo262
    richo262
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS really should move the one time leads to a 'completed' or 'collectible' tab.

IE Ebon Wolf, Adornments, Body Markings.

That way they are not confused with repeatable leads.Trim up the leads tab a bit.

Some of the furniture should also be collectibles imo, if we don't get a furniture bag, we can at least use the collectibles system for some of the high end furniture.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thannazzar wrote: »

It's not that. One of them I for sure never got before, and the other was I believe a part for a music box, which I should be able to build more than once, no?

One-time use leads such as markings simply disappear when you loot all. There is no message.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can get duplicate leads for many Antiquities. Duplicate leads will diplay a 'no longer available' message if you're already on the Antiquity but haven't completed it yet. The Antiquity counts as 'incomplete' if you:
    • found a Lead but haven't scried yet
    • scried already but haven't excavated yet
    • excavated it, but it's only a fragment of a larger item that is still incomplete
    That means that you may have found a Lead for the Dutiful Guar furnishing, scried for it, then on your way to the Excavation location you open a Chest that drops a Lead for the Dutiful Guar again - this will display the 'no longer available message. Once you complete the in-progress Antiquity, any further Leads for it will go into your Journal without the error message.

It also applies to Antiquties that have several parts - you may have found a Lead for the blue fragment of the Music box, scried for it, and excavated it, but as long as the whole item isn't completed any further blue Lead will display the error message and just disappear.
  • whitecrow
    whitecrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ok, one of them did qualify for the third of those; forgot I had started a new box already and gotten that piece.

Pretty sure it still doesn't explain the one I lost a few days ago but since I don't remember exactly what it was I'll just have to pay more attention in the future.
  • purple-magicb16_ESO
    purple-magicb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often get "That item is no longer available." right from the container I try to loot. I see it, but when I go to loot it, I get that message. It happens a lot. It can't be expired. It takes less than 1 second for me to loot it. This has to be a bug. If someone prior to me has taken it and left the container with trash items, then logically, I shouldn't even be able to see the lead, right? Because it's no longer there. Has to be a bug. It happens on approximately 1 in 4 leads that I find and extremely frustrating because they're not commonly found in the first place.

Edited by purple-magicb16_ESO on July 17, 2020 4:40PM
    Give 'er eh!
  • volkeswagon
    volkeswagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the scrying journal could use some work on being more clear.
  • kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    richo262 wrote: »
    ZOS really should move the one time leads to a 'completed' or 'collectible' tab.

IE Ebon Wolf, Adornments, Body Markings.

That way they are not confused with repeatable leads.Trim up the leads tab a bit.

Some of the furniture should also be collectibles imo, if we don't get a furniture bag, we can at least use the collectibles system for some of the high end furniture.

I don't want the furniture to become collectibles. You can only put one of each collectible in a home and I have plans for multiple pieces of the same antiquity furniture.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."