Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ANTIQUITIES LEADS + LEAD LOCATIONS UBER-THREAD

• Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Magicka-Imbued Metal Plates: Gold piece (Part of Snow Treaders)
    Cyrodill, Underpall Cave, Boss- Raelynne Ashham
    as45c3q8zbci.jpeg

Daedric Pillar of Torment: Purple Furniture
    Coldharbour Chest
    s3l6qu5dyjj2.png

Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • HumbleThaumaturge
    HumbleThaumaturge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Great thread.
    Lots of players getting lots of "leads"; but has anyone obtained all leads required to perform Scrying? For some items, if I understand correctly, 1 to 3 to 5 leads are required. If anyone has obtained all required leads (say, 3/3), how long did it take you to complete the leads so you could perform Scrying?
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great thread.
    Lots of players getting lots of "leads"; but has anyone obtained all leads required to perform Scrying? For some items, if I understand correctly, 1 to 3 to 5 leads are required. If anyone has obtained all required leads (say, 3/3), how long did it take you to complete the leads so you could perform Scrying?
    When you need different leads, you also need different scryings and different excavations.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Another antiquity based question. I am after the wild Hunt ring. Will it do me any favours to complete as much of the woodelf zones on live as possible?

Also I have been keeping track of this thread. Do we know if leads always drop in the same place or is it RNG where and if they drop?
    Edited by relentless_turnip on May 14, 2020 12:26AM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another antiquity based question. I am after the wild Hunt ring. Will it do me any favours to complete as much of the woodelf zones on live as possible?

Also I have been keeping track of this thread. Do we know if leads always drop in the same place or is it RNG where and if they drop?
    It is not known yet whether completing zone (fully or in part regarding Zone Guide) has any effect on chance to get leads or not.

It is also not known yet how big a range of 'Lead sourcing is often related, directly or indirectly, to the Antiquity it will lead to' is. Is it a whole zone, a location in the zone, a subzone? There is not enough experimental data.
    one mer to find them,
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »

It is not known yet whether completing zone (fully or in part regarding Zone Guide) has any effect on chance to get leads or not.

It is also not known yet how big a range of 'Lead sourcing is often related, directly or indirectly, to the Antiquity it will lead to' is. Is it a whole zone, a location in the zone, a subzone? There is not enough experimental data.

Thanks for this. I'll probably test this tonight and see if I can find the leads to mythics in the same place others have found them.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

Got a bunch of leads from bosses in sewers, dont remember the other ones, but seeing as this one was gold, I screenied it.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

PC EU
    PvP only
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

unknown.png

PC EU
    PvP only
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    unknown.png

unknown.png

Awesome👍 where did you find this lead?

Was it a world boss in reapers march?
    Edited by relentless_turnip on May 14, 2020 1:34PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

unknown.png

@relentless_turnip in betnikh from a wolf.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    unknown.png

unknown.png

Thanks mate! I am trying to work out if mythic leads drop in the same place, to find out if leveling the skill line is the grindiest part.

Someone found this in betnikh on a world boss. So looks like might be in the same area at least👍 I am gonna grind there tonight and see if the lead drops for me.

Hopefully as a community we can narrow down the process 👍

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive gotten a bunch of gold leads from everywhere around. Doesnt look to be too hard to get them. The main grind is definitely gonna be getting the skill line to 10, and thats gonna be a big pain imo.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    unknown.png

unknown.png

Did it take awhile? I've spent a fair amount of time in that zone killing everything and haven't gotten it yet. Makes me curious if there's another condition on top of it like quests completed in the area.

Someone earlier in the thread found it on a bloodthorn cultist.
    Edited by Cres on May 15, 2020 1:56PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cres wrote: »
    unknown.png

unknown.png

Did it take awhile? I've spent a fair amount of time in that zone killing everything and haven't gotten it yet. Makes me curious if there's another condition on top of it like quests completed in the area.

I realised that I needed to do the quest line in stros mkai to get there. Where was the bloodthorn cultist? I have heard the same lead dropping in betnikh from a wolf and a world boss.

I tried grinding in bad man's hollow. Someone said they found part of the wild Hunt ring there. After half an hour I found nothing... so I did a solo run of elden hollow where someone said they got another part of the wild Hunt ring from the last boss. I didn't get anything, but I did do it on normal as I was soloing.

I still don't know if mythic leads drop in the same area.. or if it is just RNG potentially across whole zones. I missed the mythic stream... Did they say how they drop and if there are conditions to receiving them?

I don't mind the grind to level the skill lines, but if I have to rely on impossible odds to get single fragments. I am going to hate this system😭
    Edited by relentless_turnip on May 15, 2020 4:09PM
  • Cres
    Cres
    ✭✭✭
    unknown.png

unknown.png

I realised that I needed to do the quest line in stros mkai to get there. Where was the bloodthorn cultist? I have heard the same lead dropping in betnikh from a wolf and a world boss.

I tried grinding in bad man's hollow. Someone said they found part of the wild Hunt ring there. After half an hour I found nothing... so I did a solo run of elden hollow where someone said they got another part of the wild Hunt ring from the last boss. I didn't get anything, but I did do it on normal as I was soloing.

I still don't know if mythic leads drop in the same area.. or if it is just RNG potentially across whole zones. I missed the mythic stream... Did they say how they drop and if there are conditions to receiving them?

I don't mind the grind to level the skill lines, but if I have to rely on impossible odds to get single fragments. I am going to hate this system😭

There's no world boss in Betnikh, its a basic starter zone. No delves/bosses/dolmens/etc... I've done no quests on this PTS char (you can get to Betnikh from one of the docks at Daggerfall). The cultists are in the Grimfield area

Did you open the leads container on a PTS template character? If so, you already have the lead and can't find it again until you dig it up (I made this mistake multiple times).

I've verified some of the drops already, I've done the following:
    - Bad Man's Hallow Public Dungeon boss (dropped on first kill)
    - Old Orsinium Public Dungeon boss (dropped on first kill)
    - Underpall Cave delve boss (dropped on 5th kill)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    unknown.png

unknown.png

There's no world boss in Betnikh, its a basic starter zone. No delves/bosses/dolmens/etc... I've done no quests on this PTS char (you can get to Betnikh from one of the docks at Daggerfall). The cultists are in the Grimfield area

Did you open the leads container on a PTS template character? If so, you already have the lead and can't find it again until you dig it up (I made this mistake multiple times).

I've verified some of the drops already, I've done the following:
    - Bad Man's Hallow Public Dungeon boss (dropped on first kill)
    - Old Orsinium Public Dungeon boss (dropped on first kill)
    - Underpall Cave delve boss (dropped on 5th kill)

I am ep and mainly PvP so have never been there. I have just jumped on one of my characters to test the antiquity system, as it is already unlocked on a template and I wanted to see how long it takes to level.
    I killed all the bosses in bad man's hollow and did the quest. My scry and excavation were level 2 though... Does that make a difference?

That's good news👍 so they definetly have a drop area, so by the time I level the skill line someone should know where all the pieces drop. This makes me happy 😁🎉
    Edited by relentless_turnip on May 15, 2020 4:32PM
  • Alendrin
    Alendrin
    ✭✭✭
    I found a lead for the Stranglers mythic summerset item piece in a psjic portal.

I think you can find leads either as dig rewards or in any place you might get a set item.
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    found the golden Echoes of Aldmeris lead inside a random treasure chest (Intermediate, no less) in Auridon (and that's where the item is found as well).

I think the people who claimed that most leads will be found in the zone the item is found in, are right. Obviously I assume that doesn't include the mythic or multi-part items, but EoA was a gold-coloured lead, so yeah.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • KyleTheYounger
    KyleTheYounger
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this. I'll probably test this tonight and see if I can find the leads to mythics in the same place others have found them.

May you be blessed with the dual luck of Loki and the Leprechaun on that. It's supposed to be 100% RNG per the dev who designed it on the last Twitch stream. Will be interesting to see how well his design holds true to the diabolic system from hell that is the Blades mobile game. If the final, non PTS version for the RNG on getting leads (and especially scrying/digging mini games) are anything as draconian and Machiavellian like that system, then it's going to be 1000% pure grind. In which case, have fun with that. Because that's going to put a lot of ppl off the way the mechanic was inherently designed to work.
    Edited by KyleTheYounger on May 17, 2020 10:10AM
  • Pinja
    Pinja
    ✭✭✭✭
    Large Aetherium Lenses: Gold piece of Dwarven mount
    Craglorn, Rkhardahrk delve, Boss The Last Sentinel.
    cc4a972k7wx6.jpeg

Dwarven Rib-Frame: Blue piece of Dwarven mount
    Bangkori, Klathzgar delve, Boss Klathzgar's Centurion
    1217rcbmow71.png

REFOUND IN NEW LOCATION
    Tall Papa's Lamp: Purple Furniture
    Bangkori, Advanced Chest
    gawx0xtwdocb.png
    Pinja for Dual Wands.
    Pinja's three server solutions:
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    225+ leads all nice and neat set in tabs per zone in this spreadsheet. Also antiquities leveling info/strategies. Thank you all who have helped submitting lead locations.

cIc3T0k.png

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oZNNtdccCOm-6rNJ5y6jAwnkdVvVMJC6lP9NN_dIE7Y/edit#gid=0

Edited by Inklings on May 19, 2020 6:47PM
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you @Inklings , thats awesome!

PC EU
    PvP only
  • QuietPanda_22
    QuietPanda_22
    ✭✭✭
    Amazing @Inklings thank you!!
    Sky above, Earth below, Fire within  PSN: Mirthfaery
    El-Rielle the Awakened, High Elf Sorceror
    Quiet Panda, Khajiit Sorceror
    Twizzy Stardusk, Bosmer Sorceror
    S'ilence, Khajiit Nightblade
    Indiguana Jones, Argonian Nightblade
    Angelienne, Breton Templar
    Holy Meow, Khajiit Templar
    Mookie Farkle, Argonian Dragonknight
    S'pawk, Khajiit Dragonknight
    Atha'zagora, Khajiit Arcanist
    Mokey Fraggle, Argonian Warden
    Bumfuzzle Briar, Khajiit Warden
    Nandailie Resinator, Dark Elf Necromancer
    Faerylicious, Orc Necromancer
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inklings wrote: »
    225+ leads all nice and neat set in tabs per zone in this spreadsheet. Also antiquities leveling info/strategies. Thank you all who have helped submitting lead locations.
    Some correction: Alinor Allemande is not from random mob, it is from non-random NPC you should find and watch (it is not from loot).
    one mer to find them,
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm reposting that link to the OP, Inklings - thanks so much for your work!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some correction: Alinor Allemande is not from random mob, it is from non-random NPC you should find and watch (it is not from loot).

find and watch? Do they give it to you after some dialog with them? dont need to buy it?
    Edited by Inklings on May 19, 2020 8:47PM
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

find and watch? I dont understand.

Did you buy it from an npc? pick pocket?
    No, you are not buying, you are not stealing, you are not looting. You should just come closer and watch. The lead will be added automatically. It is a new... NPC, not someone already in the game.
    It is a ghost NPC.
    one mer to find them,
  • vailjohn_ESO
    vailjohn_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I was never sure how I got the "Alinor Allemande". I just used a Template character who has done No Quests in Summerset and she was able to get the Lead just as @Olauron described and shown in the pics below. Thanks!
    Z0QYNg2.jpg
    f2QjnZt.jpg

Put the images under Spoiler tags as requested.
    Edited by vailjohn_ESO on May 19, 2020 10:29PM
    PC NA : 2013 Beta Tester : Altoholic
  • QuietPanda_22
    QuietPanda_22
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I was never sure how I got the "Alinor Allemande", even though I did remember seeing that new ghost. I just used a Template character who has done No Quests in Summerset and she was able to get the Lead just as @Olauron described. Thanks!

SPOILER ALERT PLEASE!!
    Edited by QuietPanda_22 on May 19, 2020 10:18PM
    Sky above, Earth below, Fire within  PSN: Mirthfaery
    El-Rielle the Awakened, High Elf Sorceror
    Quiet Panda, Khajiit Sorceror
    Twizzy Stardusk, Bosmer Sorceror
    S'ilence, Khajiit Nightblade
    Indiguana Jones, Argonian Nightblade
    Angelienne, Breton Templar
    Holy Meow, Khajiit Templar
    Mookie Farkle, Argonian Dragonknight
    S'pawk, Khajiit Dragonknight