The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, & Skill Points

• boredpeonub17_ESO
    So now NEW occurrences since the patch?

I see people filing tickets TODAY, but it is from problems that occured BEFORE the patch.
  • Xaltotun
    Xaltotun
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Why has this been unstickied? It's clearly still a problem with so many people not having their bank issues resolved.
  • Salfurium
    Salfurium
    ✭✭
    Yeah unstickying this seems really disrespectful. So: *bump*
  • vneto
    vneto
    last Saturday, I was in a public dungeon. Huge lag, I used the teleport to town. surprise

Lost equips
    Skills
    bank
    bank upgrade

almost a week trying to solve [Incident: 140413-001231]

suggested that it was not necessary to return my equips, but to send equips level (26 - green). So I could keep playing.

Was ignored and after 2 patches - nothing solved
  • Thol
    Thol
    ✭✭
    Xaltotun wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Why has this been unstickied? It's clearly still a problem with so many people not having their bank issues resolved.

Looks like they want to bury this thread, for them the issue is fixed. Sad.

• Guldendraak
    Guldendraak
    ✭✭
    Yep.. they want to try and make it appear this issue has been resolved - so unsticky the thread and make it as difficult as possible for people who have been affected to get an actual resolution..

They are probably hoping we quit the game and so the bad publicity stops and they can continue to act like everything is fine - much like the Titanic!
    Edited by Guldendraak on April 18, 2014 10:31PM
  • Piranhaman
    I'll bump this for great justice. Also, happened to me last week. 140413-117123
  • Salfurium
    Salfurium
    ✭✭
    It feels like this evening is going to break ESO's neck.
  • Mazdek
    Mazdek
    ✭✭
    140411-072994 Just emailed in on it with like 4 hours to spare on the 168 "days" my notification that it was not fixed with the patch, which I understand wasn't going to happen anyway. So here's me adding it to this thread.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    no burying allowed. it should be forwarded to game media; magazines, streamers, youtubers etc. this is oblivion of a problem, 44k went to nothingness. I have been redirected the whole day. problem has not been solved - while it may be fixed in sense that it will not occur again, there are legions of people who were affected by this digital disease. it is our time, precious time that we have paid for-and are going to buy.
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    Why did someone take the time to unsticky this thread without taking the time to respond? There are a lot of people asking how to get their stuff back, because the instructions from the patch notes and the conflicting info from different CSRs aren't exactly helpful. Not to mention the dozens of players claiming they were wrongfully banned.

ZOS, I am trying SO hard to cut you a break, but this has just gotten silly.
  • Vordar
    Vordar
    ✭✭
    So what now, do we have to delete everything from the CE so the system doesn't think us cheats and ban us?

I haven't opened one single mail from the things that got sent twice, but this is becoming one bad thing after another. This game is great and I am really loving it but whats happening is just amazing.

Jess is this what you meant when you said you guys wanted to be fair to everyone? That is a very funny definition of fairness.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I asked now to have my 10 upgraded bank slots given back. I'm very lucky in that I only bought 10 slots, never deposited gold and didn't lose an items (they went into character inventories), but now bank slots cost more than they should. The first upgrade to 70 slots costs 1k and it grows exponentially from there. Over the course of a few upgrades I'll have spent a lot more than I should have.

If - or should I say when - I get those 10 slots back I'll be back to normal. It just may take a while with this false mass banning taking up customer support's time.
  • Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    Vordar wrote: »
    So what now, do we have to delete everything from the CE so the system doesn't think us cheats and ban us?

I haven't opened one single mail from the things that got sent twice, but this is becoming one bad thing after another. This game is great and I am really loving it but whats happening is just amazing.

Jess is this what you meant when you said you guys wanted to be fair to everyone? That is a very funny definition of fairness.
    do not take items from the mail to your inventory. it gets people banned. report it and wait until they(support) delete it.

• Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    Vordar wrote: »

do not take items from the mail to your inventory. it gets people banned. report it and wait until they(support) delete it.

This is untrue. I took the attachments from those mails a week ago when they were sent, and my account was not banned.
  • atwon23
    atwon23
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌

LOL. This is another step in the wrong direction. They may as well just close the thread and pretend it never happened. SMH
    Edited by atwon23 on April 18, 2014 10:40PM
  • Irongut
    Irongut
    Question Reference # 140416-116409

Date Created: 04/16/2014 08:11 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/17/2014 11:22 AM

I just responded again via email as no gold or bank slots have reappeared for me.
  • Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭
    The forum is just moving faster than this thread for the first time. It was never stikied on my end.

P.S. I was not banned but I do have the bank bug still.
    Edited by Etchesketch on April 18, 2014 10:41PM
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Putok
    Putok
    ✭✭✭
    The forum is just moving faster than this thread for the first time. It was never stikied on my end.

P.S. I was not banned but I do have the bank bug still.

Today is one of the biggest MMO PR disasters-storms I have ever seen, I'm not surprised the forums are moving so fast. It's been HOURS, and still nothing from ZOS.

Mind = disintegrated
  • wolfguard101
    wolfguard101
    ✭✭✭
    Putok wrote: »
    Why did someone take the time to unsticky this thread without taking the time to respond? There are a lot of people asking how to get their stuff back, because the instructions from the patch notes and the conflicting info from different CSRs aren't exactly helpful. Not to mention the dozens of players claiming they were wrongfully banned.

ZOS, I am trying SO hard to cut you a break, but this has just gotten silly.

Totally agree with this post and my guess issame as others that they have unstcky this thread because they dont want the bad pr of it being always at the top of their forum. Also because the magical patch hss been released and therefore all is well in Tamriel

Apart from lack of guidance from one post by someone at customer support on this forum as to what we are to do about missing items and gold and bank slots instead we have to rely on the vague and varied responses we all post here. I asked yesterday for one answer to their latest submit a ticket request. Was it another ticket they wanted or wereour previous ones stil valid. I would have hoped itwould be rectified in the order the original ones were submitted so those effected yhr longest would get satisfaction first. My own experience of the bank fiasco is only 6 days old and i know there must be many more who have suffered far longer.

Guidance is what we want and when guidance is given ensure your staff are all working from the same playbook on that guidance.
    Hear our pleas @ESO and dont just try to bury the sad truth that you have failed so many so hard.

Now to go and see if i have been hit by this blanket duping ban as i do have those duped bloody CE gifts you sent me in my inbox. Will update later if thats the case and most likely be banned from forums to as my response will not be polite.
  • stefan9
    stefan9
    ✭✭
    Still no reply my new tickets. Is anyone there Zenimax??
  • Tomster
    Tomster
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno‌
    Oh crap, it seems my flagging Jessicas original post had the complete opposite effect than intended >_<. I tried to explain it that it really needs updating with current info and instructions about what to do now etc., but they really don't seem to understand apesh*t of a thing these guys. Sorry if I hurt anybody's feelings but seriously.
    Wreave1 wrote: »
    If you report in game, then on the Ask for Help page, you can select "Gameplay" then "Lost Bank Items". The last category seems newly added. (Though I'll note that when I submitted it, I got a dialog saying that it looked like I was trying to report a player for spam. (So a bug in their problem reporting feature? Sigh. Still probably the best way to go.)

Lol why do I get a pictore of that Office clipbord assistans who was notoriously hated by everyone.
    Majic wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is there anyone who has experienced the bank bug who has not been suspended today?
    I have not been suspended, I have not grabbed any of the duplicate explorer edition or beta stuff to my inventory. Good thing too, was considering taking this as a form of compensation and go grabbing me another treasure.. Then I remembered that I don't have the inventory space for that.
  • wolfguard101
    wolfguard101
    ✭✭✭
    Oh remember guys and gals to bump this post so they cant bury it. Although i doubt that will be necessary with number of aggrieved customers they have.
    Zenimax must feel like that classic scene in frankenstien when the masses of peasants are storming the castle with pitchforks and torches.
    Btw anyone have a spare suitable farming implement i can borrow before we do storm Zenimax Keep
  • Tomster
    Tomster
    ✭✭
    Anyways here is my latest mail to support, I will provide their answer here if they ever feel like replying:
    Hello

I have a lot of questions I want answers to, as do thousands of others. Please answer them.
    1. Did the update Today 18.4, fix these bank issues? Which parts should have been fixed and what do you have to manually fix for each account?
      • Bank slots?
      • Bank gold?
      • bank items?
      • inventory Items?
      • Character skills?
      • mounts?
    2. Should we and can we safely buy the upgrades again?
    3. What was the actual problem? Tech babble is fine.
    4. When will we be reimbursed the gold we missed for buying the upgrades and buying them again?
    5. What is the timeline for getting your gold back? (Max time can be roughly calculated by taking into consideration how many are affected, how many support personnel are working on the issue and estimated time to fix it per player)
    6. What compensation will you give players who have been affected with this horrible bug?
      • A lot of frustration have been caused to many players due to the lack of or conflicting response in forum and from support personnel, game time has been lost to managing space for hours instead of effective playing and some players have not been able to play at all for being severely affected.

PLEASE READ and forward to applicable staff!
    1) This ticket like thousands like it are not resolved and should not be marked as such, it will only bring about confusion and anger for both support (tickets resubmitted a number of times) and customers who feel ingnored.
    2) I'm still waiting for any OFFICIAL STATEMENT about this issue after the patch has been applied, patch notes only suggest contacting support.
    3) The official forum topic for this issue has been ignored by staff since it was started, this is no way to treat paying customers! It is located here: http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/77461/missing-bank-items-bank-slots-skill-points/p1
    - After you have a platform that you keep updated with the latest info THEN you can include the link in your automated reponses. The ones you sent out are almost useless.
    4) A 4 day response time to a ticket is no way to treat a paying customer.
    Date Created: 04/13/2014 04:35 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/17/2014 10:41 AM

Other than that I think the character "Nidras" should be hanged for stealing our bank slots, he's obviously the culprit here ;). Happy holidays!
    Best Regards
    *** ****'
    Main character: Il Khan
    Edited by Tomster on April 18, 2014 11:07PM
  • Cuddlekins
    I haven't been banned, and I *did* open the mails and take out the maps. One of their CSRs along the idiotic road of fail this journey has been told me it was OK to use them and consider it part of the compensation since they had failed to fix it. I haven't yet purchased more slots, I'm waiting to see what happens in the next few days before I do. I did cancel my subscription, as I previously said I would, since they had not made it right after weeks of waiting. I'll consider renewing my subscription if it's made right before my 30 days game time is up, but seeing how they've handled this entire issue - BANNING players who were affected by a bug which they repeatedly reported begging for help?! Completely, utterly, unequivocally unacceptable.
  • Kilitar
    Kilitar
    Just curious, for those who were suspended, did you grab the attachments from the mail, or were you suspended with the mail just in your mailbox?

Yep, during I was taking resources from my hirelings I also got some into bag, then moved them into ALT char to save space.
  • Salmonleap
    Salmonleap
    ✭✭✭
    Kilitar wrote: »
    I had bank bug, then received imperial edition content after each bank bug/reset (as many of others). Now my account was banned for "dupped imperial content" during my friday evening ESO session with my wife.

Great job ZOS!

@ZOS_GinaBruno, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom & @ZOS_PaulSage, if this is really happening, you need to get this issue under control right now, by which I mean two bloody weeks ago. Auto-banning people for getting duplicate Imperial Edition items when their bank reset is really unacceptable.
    Edited by Salmonleap on April 18, 2014 11:17PM
    Beware he who would deny you access to information for in his heart he dreams himself your master. -- Pravin Lal
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    atwon23 wrote: »
    I have duplicates of my pets and rings of mara on the same alt and have not been suspended (yet). On a side note the 2 rings of mara are character bound to an alt who looks like crap because I only intended to use her as a mule. Go figure.

@atwon23, bound items bind to the account, not the character. Unless the Rings of Mara are somehow different, you ought to be able to use your bank to transfer it to the character you want to have it.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mujuro wrote: »
    When I submitted a new ticket per the patch note instructions, I also received a less-than-helpful reply (basically, "we're closing your ticket as duplicative") and the CS rep wasn't aware of the 1.0.4 patch's contents/implications.

For those of you who are receiving less-than-helpful responses from ZOS CS, I called them earlier today (luckily only waited about 2 minutes to get to a rep), who was helpful and friendly. His name was Daniel, and he explained the situation relating to this issue and the asinine respose/"closed as duplicate" ticket:
    1. As the patch notes state, the patch doesn't actually restore any missing bank slots/lost items/lost deposited gold. What we're supposed to do is file another ticket.
    2. When the ticket is filed, the CS rep is supposed to forward the account info to a supervisor for review/verification. According to Daniel, the reason I received the "closed as duplicate" response is because the CS rep who fielded the ticket never bothered to "keep up" on current events, e.g., there's a patch today that addresses the issue and instructs us to submit new tickets. He apologized on behalf of the other CS rep.
    3. According to Daniel, and starting this evening, EDT, supervisors will begin the process of restoring lost bank slots, items and deposited gold.
    4. If we do not receive back what we lost within the next 2 days, Daniel suggests that we contact CS again.
    Anyways, that's the recap of my conversation with ZOS CS, FWIW.

Ticket Reference: 140406-000648

This would have been really useful information for Zenimax to... oh, I don't know... tell us?

At least we have @mujuro to pass it along. Thank you, you kind-hearted sharer of lost knowledge.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • jasoncyke
    jasoncyke
    How is this thread not sticky?
    It is still a sticky situation for us.
This discussion has been closed.