The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Missing Bank Items, Bank Slots, & Skill Points

• kestrel_mpb16_ESO
    Incident 140417-001064
    Was told it would be escalated (this is not my first ticket, nor my first ticket that's been closed without resolution.) Later received another email stating it was closed. Never heard back from the supposed escalation.
  • atwon23
    atwon23
    ✭✭✭
    Was just contacted by CS on the phone using the support options on the forums. I explained I had lost all my bank upgrades and my ticket was listed as solved even though it wasn't. He basically said that he has reopened and escalated my ticket. And I should hear something back within 4 to 5 days. If I don't hear anything back after that time, then I need to resubmit a another ticket.

He was absolutely clueless about the bank bug, and about the mods in this thread telling us to contact support. He also implied that his job was just to call me and let me know its been escalated as he does not have the ability to fix my issue, he only forwards my info to someone who may be able to help.

While this guy was very nice, it sort of seems like a waist of a support agent to be honest.

This is unacceptable.

Ticket responded to by CS phone support: 140418-047485
    Original ticket:
    Question Reference # 140413-136630

Date Created: 04/13/2014 08:35 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/14/2014 11:05 AM

Edited by atwon23 on April 18, 2014 9:20PM
  • lucian_banneb18_ESO
    Apparently the matter escalated to a whole new level.
    As I see from the comments, a ton of people who had problems with the bank upgrades (lost slots, items and gold stored) received again automatically the Explorer's Pack.
    It's quite possible that this was considered as duped items and thus bringing the ban-hammer on to them. Actually on to us, as it just happened to me too.
    Playing casually, after a hard day at work, eager to make a new level in the very short time frame I have for playing games between work, kid/wife, sleep, then this happens. "You have been suspended from the site".
    I promoted ESO among my RL friends for a year now... I convinced them to give it a try (although many of them are avid WoW fans), to preorder (I myself preordered the imperial ed.), to play... Right when I was messaging a buddy to get him online away from World of Tanks, this happens. :(
    I hope is a mistake and it will be sorted out really fast. Maybe even tonight while I might be able to play for 1-2h until going to sleep...

PS: Ticket ID for the e-mail request is 140418-061139.
    I made another request for a phone-call but I forgot to save the ID. I hope is sent on the email also.
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, is there anyone who has experienced the bank bug who has not been suspended today?
    Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Mujuro
    Mujuro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Majic wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, is there anyone who has experienced the bank bug who has not been suspended today?

AFAIK, I've not been suspended, but I've been stuck on load screens when trying to switch zones.

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    I have not been suspended after I have received automatically mails with pets and maps again. I have stated it in my message to customer support that there I have received them.
    what is more important, still no gold nor bank space restoration happend. quite irritating.

[it is my wild guess but I think that banned people are the ones who used guild bank exploit]

• Imryll
    Imryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have noticed that since release mainguild has gone from of the 160+ members having 50+ online majority of the time to maxing at 20 on a good day.. we all know people come try and leave but in less than 3 weeks it seems from this that over 50% have already quit or decided to wait a few months for a more stable game..

Can't speak for others, but I wasn't playing due to the bank bug. Now that it's patched, I'm playing again. Guess we'll see how things shake out.

Edited by Imryll on April 18, 2014 9:30PM
  • Majic
    Majic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surinen wrote: »
    [it is my wild guess but I think that banned people are the ones who used guild bank exploit]
    I've never had access to a guild bank, nor have I done any "duping" (nor do I know how) or anything else that resembles exploiting, and haven't played actively since 4/13 due to the bank bug.

Hence the question, since I haven't been given a reason and the bank bug is the only explanation I can come up with.

Incident: 140418-063846

Epopt Of The Everspinning Logo, Church Of The Eternal Loading Screen
    And verily, verily, spaketh the Lord: "Error <<1>>"
  • Thol
    Thol
    ✭✭

You might have been banned because you have duplicate items from the Bank Bug (duplicate maps, duplicate pets)

It would be insane if it's truly the reason you were banned.

• Elyf
    Elyf
    ✭✭
    After I saw the ban threads pop up in the forum I went ingame to check and seem to be fine....for now...

• Etchesketch
    Etchesketch
    ✭✭✭✭

I have the bank bug and I actually just logged in a few minutes ago to check. I logged into my actual account first, no problem, then into the game. No problem.
    The number one rule of online gaming is now and has always been, Never play on Patch Day.
  • Salfurium
    Salfurium
    ✭✭
    Thol wrote: »
    You might have been banned because you have duplicate items from the Bank Bug (duplicate maps, duplicate pets)

It would be insane if it's truly the reason you were banned.
    I have several copies of these items as well but I have not been banned. A friend of mine has been banned even though he is not a victim of the bank slot bug.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not been suspended, but in the same token the patch did not fix my missing bank slots either. Hopefully they fix it soon.
    Edited by idk on April 18, 2014 9:37PM
  • Kilitar
    Kilitar
    I had bank bug, then received imperial edition content after each bank bug/reset (as many of others). Now my account was banned for "dupped imperial content" during my friday evening ESO session with my wife.

Great job ZOS!
  • Thakaron
    Thakaron

Not banned. Was able to get into all toons, bank still at 60, most (if not all) items that were in the bank apparently scattered across 2 of my 5 toons (as it has been since the bank slots disappeared), small amount of gold that was in the bank still gone. Never been in a guild, had a couple of add-ons, etc, etc. Only common denominator that I can seem to see is Imperial Edition/pre-orders....??

• Surinen
    Surinen
    ✭✭✭
    I've never had access to a guild bank, nor have I done any "duping" (nor do I know how) or anything else that resembles exploiting, and haven't played actively since 4/13 due to the bank bug.

Hence the question, since I haven't been given a reason and the bank bug is the only explanation I can come up with.

Incident: 140418-063846
    then it is trully abominable of the system to ban you. I still have these mails with duplicated items, I haven't touched them and I do not plan on taking them into my inventory. hopefully they will delete them from my box.
    but first things first, what about gold and bank slots. I value my time rather high thus I would not like to lose all that I have earned in the game.

• Angushh
    Angushh
    My bank upgrades(80~60) and my stored gold (around 25,000gold) still missing.

Question Reference # 140418-044342
    Date Created: 04/18/2014 01:04 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/18/2014 01:17 PM

Question Reference # 140414-014839
    Date Created: 04/14/2014 03:52 AM
    Date Last Updated: 04/14/2014 04:13 AM

Question Reference # 140413-047207
    Date Created: 04/13/2014 10:38 AM
    Date Last Updated: 04/13/2014 10:44 AM

• atwon23
    atwon23
    ✭✭✭
    Just checked and im not banned from bank bug
  • Thorarin
    Thorarin
    ✭✭
    but first things first, what about gold and bank slots. I value my time rather high thus I would not like to lose all that I have earned in the game.
    Some kind of announcement around this would have been sensible; other than the announcement that the patch will not fix people's accounts. While at it, some instructions to the CM team would have been helpful too.

I've refrained from touching my bank at all since I got hit by the bug. I was hoping to make the restore easier, but it also means that I've effectively not been able to play the game for days :(

Edited by Thorarin on April 18, 2014 9:51PM
  • jasoncyke
    jasoncyke
    Zenimax is disrespectful to us.
    The lack of communication, the accounts ban for no reason.
    Disgusting.
  • Knottypine
    Knottypine
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a stretch to memorize what items where lost. I don't have that kind of memory, that's why the game is supposed to keep track of it for me! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

As far as I know even though I've lost bank slots and items to which is not resolved yet for the past 2 weeks... my character isn't banned. But I'm kind of scared to log in now.
  • madangrypally
    madangrypally
    ✭✭✭✭

Those with the Bank bug that are not banned did you have the Duplicate CE items in inventory or Part of the Mail still?

I don't like clutter and like to keep my Mail empty. I deleted the mail and threw everything onto an alt as verification of the bank issue. So had duplicates of the CE items on an character. I think this was the issue. If I kept it in the mail I think I maybe would not have the suspension. I know I never Duped an item.
  • Thakaron
    Thakaron
    Those with the Bank bug that are not banned did you have the Duplicate CE items in inventory or Part of the Mail still?

I don't like clutter and like to keep my Mail empty. I deleted the mail and threw everything onto an alt as verification of the bank issue. So had duplicates of the CE items on an character. I think this was the issue. If I kept it in the mail I think I maybe would not have the suspension. I know I never Duped an item.

They're still sitting in my mail, untouched (as someone else said, with my bank fubar'ed didn't want to waste the space. Not banned as of yet.
  • atwon23
    atwon23
    ✭✭✭
    I have duplicates of my pets and rings of mara on the same alt and have not been suspended (yet). On a side note the 2 rings of mara are character bound to an alt who looks like crap because I only intended to use her as a mule. Go figure.
    Edited by atwon23 on April 18, 2014 10:05PM
  • Kilitar
    Kilitar

Same, When I was taking resources from hirelings I accidently took one bag of repeatedly sent Imperial bonus items and keep them as proof of bank reset bug stored on my Mule Alt.
    Now suspended and no response 2 hours from support.
  • Bushy808ub17_ESO
    No official response or statement on this issue since April 13th when @Zos_jessicaFolsom updated the original post.

the patch only mentions:
    Note: This will not return any items or slots lost prior to this fix. If your character was affected, please contact Customer Support.

Now customer support seems clueless to what is goin on. We are being given different statements by different sources all leading back to ZOS's total lack of communication.

This is insanely unprofessional. A LOT of people are being affected by a massive game-altering bug and being left in the dark on the subject. Its completely unprofessional.
  • shespawn13b14_ESO
    shespawn13b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    I did post before I thought I received my bank items back, however after thinking about it, I was almost at capacity with 90 slots, I have 56 items in my bank now and my expansion and deposited gold has still not been returned.

original ticket 140417-098731
    new ticket 140418-051461
  • kewl
    kewl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting run around by CS reps. It really quite simple. #$%@^ Restore what was lost!

Customer By CSS Email (04/13/2014 11:02 PM)
    I just lost:

* 20 slots in my bank (from 80 to 60)

* All the items in those slots (they were full.)

* Aprox. 2K in gold

Please fix this immediately.

Response By Email (Victoria) (04/13/2014 11:08 PM)

Y'ffre's blessings upon you!

I'm disappointed I wasn't able to contact you. Just wanted to let you know that we are currently investigating a fix for the issue regarding bank space.
    We will be able to return your belongings to you in a future patch.

We recommend that players not purchase additional bank spaces, as they may be lost when this is fixed in an upcoming patch. If you are out of room and need to purchase more bank slots, please contact customer support once this issue is resolved, and we will be happy to assist you.

We apologize for the inconvenience, and ask that you please bear with us as we work on a solution.

Customer By CSS Email (04/14/2014 09:48 AM)
    "If you are out of room and need to purchase more bank slots, please contact customer support once this issue is resolved, and we will be happy to assist you."

Does this mean I have to contact you after the patch to get my bank slots back?

Customer By CSS Email (04/18/2014 06:55 AM)
    According to patch notes v 1.0.4,

"Fixed an issue where your characters could lose bank expansions you purchased, including the items in these slots.

Note: This will not return any items or slots lost prior to this fix. If your character was affected, please contact Customer Support."

Kindly advise if I will get my bank slots and items back. Thank you.

Response By Email (Calvin) (04/18/2014 10:50 AM)
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

Please list missing items.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Customer By CSS Email (04/18/2014 01:10 PM)
    Please list missing items:

* 20 slots in my bank (from 80 to 60)
    * Aprox. 2K in gold
    * All the items in those slots (they were full.) I can't give you an exact accounting but I do seem short on sanded maple. Don't you have a way to see that I've lost?

Response By Email (Calvin) (04/18/2014 01:27 PM)
    Greetings!

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online Team.

This issue was recently fixed on the 4.18.14 patch, so all items should be restored to your account. If your items have not been restored, please first check your other characters for the missing items.

If you're unable to locate the missing items, please contact customer support and provide the following information:
    - Name of the character impacted
    - Missing items

Thank you for your continued interest and support!
    Customer By CSS Email (04/18/2014)

I do not have a detailed record of what was in my bank, before the bug happened. Guess I have to take your word that all items were restored.

I am still missing:

*20 bank slots
    * Aprox. 2K gold.

When will these items be restored?

Question Reference # 140413-149115

Date Created: 04/13/2014 11:02 PM
    Date Last Updated: 04/18/2014 01:27 PM
    Edited by kewl on April 18, 2014 10:07PM
  • shespawn13b14_ESO
    shespawn13b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Just curious, for those who were suspended, did you grab the attachments from the mail, or were you suspended with the mail just in your mailbox?
  • irdalove
    irdalove
    jasoncyke wrote: »
    Zenimax is disrespectful to us.
    The lack of communication, the accounts ban for no reason.
    Disgusting.

I agree. This ban is my last straw.
    I gotta go. I have a tiny world to save.
This discussion has been closed.