The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Anniversary gift boxes not being received (after 3pm BST today)

• Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have had no problems with my crafting reward boxes on five characters.

Pc n.a.
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU
    You can "test" for the bug on a character by eating the cake. If you DO get the buff, you are fine. If you do NOT get the buff you are bugged on that char @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • kingnothing98b14_ESO
    kingnothing98b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    For everyone experiencing issues, are you all on PC? Is anyone playing on console?

Pc NA but once I got the new Jubilee cake I didn't have anymore issues getting the gift boxes.
  • XxSTOZZYxX
    Just poking in to report all well here.

Imperial crafter in Mournhold. Got cake, got buff, bought some stuff, ported around to grab sales, came back, did writs, got all boxes.

Not sure where the problem lies, but I couldn't reproduce. Seems a finicky little bugger.

I didn't have any "leftover" stuff from the pie event, though... maybe a factor?
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was about to log in and start.

Now I think I'll take a nap and pop on later

:#
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mcboland wrote: »
    Berenhir wrote: »
    Porting somewhere else sorts out the issue @ZOS_GinaBruno

It did not!

It did for my friend on 3 chars.
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At first, I tried the cake on one character (in Vivec), no buff was applied. So I simply swapped areas (Daggerfall), summoned the cake, got the buff, handed in the quest and got my boxes. I don't think doing the quest in necessary.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can confirm, you have to do the Cake Quest, or at least visit Chef Donlon on each Alt and have him make the cake in order to participate in the Anniversary Rewards.

Also, no Cake Bonus unless you talk to the Chef. The Pie of Misrule is still working.

Note, you do not need the quest starter, Just the Voucher, then go see the Chef, have him make the Cake, then you can proceed as usual

Until they fix this bug

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by Nestor on April 2, 2020 3:54PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First character PC/EU, 7 writs, 7 anniversary boxes, 1 style page - she did the quest, ate the cake, got the XP boost/buff. Starting on the others now, these EU accounts didn't exist this time last year, so all are brand new to this event.
  • Mcboland
    Mcboland
    ✭✭✭
    Mine are working now, last three chars I did NOT eat cake had no buffs and got all writ boxes. Also no addons.
    Edited by Mcboland on April 2, 2020 3:39PM
  • aaisoaho
    aaisoaho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I can confirm, you have to do the Cake Quest, or at least visit Chef Donlon on each Alt and have him make the cake in order to participate in the Anniversary Rewards.

Also, no Cake Bonus unless you talk to the Chef. The Pie of Misrule is still working.

Note, you do not need the quest starter, just go see the Chef, have him make the Cake, then you can proceed as usual

Until they fix this bug

@ZOS_GinaBruno

This is not true.

So, I did crafting writs on 3 chars:
    Main, AD, bosmer sorcerer, max writs, max level, in Vivec City. Main did the cake quest, got the buff and got tickets from the cake. Did not receive anniversary boxes.
    Alt, AD, altmer sorcerer, some max level writs, others not, max level, in Northern Elsweyr. Didn't do cake quest, but ate cake. Received anniversary boxes.
    Alt, DC, breton nightblade, no max level writs, not max level char, in Vivec City. Didn't do the cake quest, didn't eat the cake. Received anniversary boxes.

Main did get the boxes from Southern Elsweyr dailies tho.

And this was on PC EU.
    Edited by aaisoaho on April 2, 2020 3:45PM
  • Jack_Gillete
    Jack_Gillete
    Soul Shriven
    for me the issue was that I was already in the game before 10am. restarting the game fixed it, so I just lost those first boxes.
  • Troodon80
    Troodon80
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You don't need to do the quest. It could be a matter of simply going to the area where Chef Donolon is, but you absolutely do not need to do the quest.

From my observations, at least, the workaround that someone else provided is a good approach, but also potentially missing the mark. I did not get the cake buff after summoning and activating the cake, I teleported to Daggerfall (on a DC character), summoned the cake at the wayshrine and got the buff. I went back to Vivec City to hand in and got all my Gift Boxes. I did not do the quest.
    @Troodon80 PC | EU
    Guild: N&S
    Hand of Alkosh | Dawnbringer | Immortal Redeemer | Tick Tock Tormentor | Gryphon Heart
    Deep Dive into Dreadsail Reef Mechanics
  • silvermistktralasub17_ESO
    Ok, out of 17 characters doing writs, 4 didn't get to open boxes, 2 of which were before i turned off all auto-box opening functionality in lazy writ crafter (pc/na for reference). I did not get a chance to see if it could be affected by reloading ui instead of logging afterward. If this continues, I'll test that tonight. My best guess is that it is due to the large numbers online, indeed, doing crafting, all at once. Perhaps, once things slow down, it will work right, and is only due to server traffic constraints.
    (the 4 characters who did not get boxes were rather spread out, and none of them were my necros...2 nightblades, a sorc, and a templar--all 17 characters crafted out of alinor).
    Edited by silvermistktralasub17_ESO on April 2, 2020 3:44PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Thanks for all the information, everyone. Just letting you know we're still investigating, but appreciate the help you've been providing. We've been reading all of it.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For everyone experiencing issues, are you all on PC? Is anyone playing on console?

PC NA 14 missing boxes
  • Bloodraven187
    Bloodraven187
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno and @ZOS_SarahHecker

Running on PC-NA I ran 7 writs on 15 toons twice to test what is going on, and the following is what I learned:

on 14 toons I was able to turn in all 14 writs (2 rounds on each since i saved the quests from yesterday) and received the boxes as expected

as I have not even done the quest for the 2020 cake yet that buff is not required, nor does it 'fix' it, though the bug preventing the boxes and the one preventing the buff may still be related as i can't test that

the only toon I did not receive any reward boxes on was my female altmer vampire warden on EP

not sure what of that might help but that is all the input I can offer on it at this time
  • Thaliff
    Thaliff
    ✭✭
    It seems like the servers are not recognizing characters as being eligible to be able to apply the 2020 cake buff, so it doesn't see them as being able to receive the boxes either.
  • Ufretin
    Ufretin
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Note, you do not need the quest starter, just go see the Chef, have him make the Cake, then you can proceed as usual

Until they fix this bug

@ZOS_GinaBruno

Incorrect. None of my chars did the quest or ate from any cake yet all but one got the boxes.
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    After using the cake, my first toon had all 7 writ boxes, my second toon had them show up when i turned in writs, but they never made it to my inventory. missing 7 so far.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Baumlaus
    Baumlaus
    ✭✭✭
    PC EU
    You can "test" for the bug on a character by eating the cake. If you DO get the buff, you are fine. If you do NOT get the buff you are bugged on that char @ZOS_GinaBruno
    I ma not saying that it's related to the cake rather than that that is a way to test wether you are going to be bugged
    Unchained Animals - EU - @Baumlaus
  • GlassHalfFull
    GlassHalfFull
    ✭✭✭✭
    PC NA for me. one toon had all 7 aniv boxes show up when turning in writs. Second toon had them show up when i turned in writs, but they never made it to my inventory. missing 7 now.
    Curiosity is the cure for boredom, there is no cure for curiosity.
  • Bubbulzz
    Bubbulzz
    ✭✭
    I am on PC/NA. Did writs on 3 toons, remembered to eat cake on 3rd toon, got buff, got anniversary boxes on all 3 toons. Fourth toon, ate cake, no buff, turned in writs, checked inventory, no boxes.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PCNA Did the quest, ate the cake, did all 7 crafting writs, saw the box in the quest reward text and received no boxes! 11:45 am EST

FYI did writs and turn ins in Alinor
    Edited by Inaya on April 2, 2020 3:51PM
  • Ode2Order
    Ode2Order
    ✭✭✭

PC EU
  • FedericoBiS
    FedericoBiS
    ✭✭
    I encountered the same issue. Did 14 writs (yesterdays too) on two characters, and got all 14 boxes. On the 3rd one, I delivered two writs, and got no boxes. By that time, I had already heard of the issue, so I quickly logged off and logged in again on the same character. That seemed to fixed the issue, as I got all the boxes on the remaining writs, and pick new writs again, and by the end got 12 boxes on my 3rd character. Its not tied to the cake memento xp buff, since I didn't had it on my toons. I did unlocked the 2020 cake first thing in the morning, before doing writs. Also, did all my writs on Summerset.
    Edit: PC NA
    Edited by FedericoBiS on April 2, 2020 3:50PM
  • Margra
    Margra
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Same problem for me.
    PC EU

Best regards
    Margra
    PC [EU-Server]
    PvE - PvP - Rollenspiel
    Ebenherz-Pakt
  • ankeor
    ankeor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I made an experiment. I had my dailies ready to give.
    When I give my writs in Vvardenfell I did not get boxes, but when I give them in Deshaan or Shadowfen I got the boxes. Same character. Only difference was the territory.
  • forestmages1978
    forestmages1978
    Soul Shriven
    I have 9 out of 10 characters get their Jubilee boxes. I opened tickets because I was not sure who to open a ticket with. on NA PC.
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Baumlaus wrote: »
    PC EU
    I ma not saying that it's related to the cake rather than that that is a way to test wether you are going to be bugged

I got the buff and still did not receive my 7 writ boxes