Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Templars PvP - Detailed Guide, Suggestions, Advice, etc. - Elsweyr

• Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    losing the snare on ritual killed my hit and run playstyle

Bahraha has 70% snare and about 100% uptime, I love it for pugs and soloing group stuff, the heal and damage is not big but everything combined somehow works. Also when combined with other dmg proc sets the sets are proccing each other which is fun.
    I got myself also an Impen set and I plan to test it more once I am past the basics. I already tried it a little and the snare seems to be working well enough. Also that small hot sometimes manages to keeps me up when in trouble (which is often).
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vyvrhel wrote: »
    losing the snare on ritual killed my hit and run playstyle

Bahraha has 70% snare and about 100% uptime, I love it for pugs and soloing group stuff, the heal and damage is not big but everything combined somehow works. Also when combined with other dmg proc sets the sets are proccing each other which is fun.
    I got myself also an Impen set and I plan to test it more once I am past the basics. I already tried it a little and the snare seems to be working well enough. Also that small hot sometimes manages to keeps me up when in trouble (which is often).

Yea, dark whatever it’s called is good, it’s the ritual snare I miss. What I used to do is heal a bit, bide my time and then pounce and clean up. Then mist out because I’m a bit glassy. A lot of times I don’t escape now because I’m not fast enough.

There are also more sorcs which I have issues with as a magplar.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 25, 2020 4:15PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    What is the vanilla back bar frost staff configuration? Staff infused with spell damage? Set, willpower, potentates or something else? ANy specifis must to have skills with the exception of Honor the dead?

I found that my nature is to be rather offensive, any good setup for this? I managed to survive in solo Cyro when I kept attacking. Once I went defensive I lost. I know I am doing it wrong, also it can somehow relate to the sync problems, but atm I would rather defend myself with the offense.
    Do you think it is a good idea to try other secondary set than Swift?
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is the vanilla back bar frost staff configuration? Staff infused with spell damage? Set, willpower, potentates or something else? ANy specifis must to have skills with the exception of Honor the dead?

I found that my nature is to be rather offensive, any good setup for this? I managed to survive in solo Cyro when I kept attacking. Once I went defensive I lost. I know I am doing it wrong, also it can somehow relate to the sync problems, but atm I would rather defend myself with the offense.
    Do you think it is a good idea to try other secondary set than Swift?

Infused spell damage, powered, infused block cost reduction all work fine.

Extended ritual, focus, honor the dead, living dark, race against time/ mist.

• WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm done with Templar for now; having a 2pc back bar set in the game that neuters your burst combo on demand killed it for me. My interest in Magplar had been waning since Reverb nerf anyway.

Before Blackrose Dual Wield was used by half of stam builds tho I had a build that was great in open world, 1vX, and 1v1.

Aurorans/Innate Axiom/Skoria (used to run overwhelming over aurorans until it was nerfed)

Lightning Staff+S&B, 5/1/1 light armor, double DoT poisons, used purple food (then Sugar Skulls)

Because of the health and stam bonuses on the armor, you end up with 28k health, 19k stam, and around 33k mag. 2 protective put your resistances at a decent level. Run like 1.3k regen and the rest in dmg, use Channeled Focus and Ele drain of course.

The build puts out insane pressure, then combo with Purifying/Skoria/Crescent. I don't care if half of Cyrodiil runs it now since I'm crutching on all the broken things playing on a well balanced class nowadays.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm done with Templar for now; having a 2pc back bar set in the game that neuters your burst combo on demand killed it for me. My interest in Magplar had been waning since Reverb nerf anyway.

Before Blackrose Dual Wield was used by half of stam builds tho I had a build that was great in open world, 1vX, and 1v1.

Aurorans/Innate Axiom/Skoria (used to run overwhelming over aurorans until it was nerfed)

Lightning Staff+S&B, 5/1/1 light armor, double DoT poisons, used purple food (then Sugar Skulls)

Because of the health and stam bonuses on the armor, you end up with 28k health, 19k stam, and around 33k mag. 2 protective put your resistances at a decent level. Run like 1.3k regen and the rest in dmg, use Channeled Focus and Ele drain of course.

The build puts out insane pressure, then combo with Purifying/Skoria/Crescent. I don't care if half of Cyrodiil runs it now since I'm crutching on all the broken things playing on a well balanced class nowadays.

Yea, I’m about the same. It’s too feast or famine, at least in BGs for me. You’ll have a game where you go 18-0 and then have another game where you struggle.

There’s no ranged defense in the class toolkit so I’m preferring warden or DK, or just to be ranged myself.

Worst part is people are still complaining about Templars. Class will likely get stambladed soon. I’d rather play a class with a better rounded toolkit then be a noob stomper and then struggle against specs with evasion.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By ranged defense do you mean defense you utilize from ranged attacks, or defense you utilize while at range? Either way we have it.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    EtTuBrutus wrote: »
    By ranged defense do you mean defense you utilize from ranged attacks, or defense you utilize while at range? Either way we have it.

I mean like warden with shimmering and DK with wings. There are a lot of sorcs these days in BGs (usually one per team) and I find I’m prone to being bursted from range as a templar. Any suggestions?
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭

Likely a stupid question but what (with the exception of the faster damage) makes Overwhelming significantly worse?
    What skill procced Skoria? Did you use reflective light as spammable?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean like warden with shimmering and DK with wings. There are a lot of sorcs these days in BGs (usually one per team) and I find I’m prone to being bursted from range as a templar. Any suggestions?

It would be nice if unstable core actually reduced damage from this direct attacks somehow rather than just be a poor mans rune prison, but living dark effectively does something similar to reflective scale. It doesnt do as much as a flat 50% reduction with the heal off it, but it's any direct damage attack. Although its 2 seconds shorter and cost like 1k more magicka which I find makes it painful, and it snares enemies compared to giving root/snare immunity
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

It would be nice if unstable core actually reduced damage from this direct attacks somehow rather than just be a poor mans rune prison, but living dark effectively does something similar to reflective scale. It doesnt do as much as a flat 50% reduction with the heal off it, but it's any direct damage attack. Although its 2 seconds shorter and cost like 1k more magicka which I find makes it painful, and it snares enemies compared to giving root/snare immunity

Yea, I’ve been using living dark recently and like it. In the patch notes it mentioned the living dark snare range was reduced to melee range.

I don’t mind melee classes on my magplar, it’s the ranged classes that I don’t like dealing with. Even snipe spammers Ive noticed while a joke to deal with on a lot of classes, can actually be dangerous as a magplar.

I feel like they’re pushing the class in a melee direction like a brawler. The way I played it in a hit and run style seems less effective.

Maybe I just need to adapt and become more brawlerish, IDK. It’s weird to have a complaint when I can do really well in a lot of situations, but the times where it’s a ranged heavy BG bothers me.

I’ve been playing it like heal a bit, setup burst from range, toppling to melee and burst, and then get out with mist.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 27, 2020 2:09PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • EtTuBrutus
    EtTuBrutus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing's as good as shimmering. That skills broken imo. But living dark helps and extended ritual literally takes a 3rd of a sorcs burst rotation away. If you're getting bursted at range from a sorc, i think it's more of a play issue than anything else.
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Likely a stupid question but what (with the exception of the faster damage) makes Overwhelming significantly worse?

Overwhelming used to proc Skoria and do a lot more single target damage, they changed it to a super weak AoE proc. Now its awful damage and not worth running as a pressure set. Aurorans has double the chances to proc concussed and think I might prefer it now even if given the option to get old Overwhelming back. Sweeps all the way as a spammable, also used Vamp's Bane for crit buff. Problem is even though it's great pressure and burst it's very telegraphed, so is stunning with Toppling. And the damage gets butchered by Blackrose Dualwield.

Nothing's as good as shimmering. That skills broken imo. But living dark helps and extended ritual literally takes a 3rd of a sorcs burst rotation away. If you're getting bursted at range from a sorc, i think it's more of a play issue than anything else.

Shimmering is the main reason I went back to primarily melee builds. Honestly after maining magsorc for over a year and seeing the limitations of the class I never have trouble with them 1v1. If they want they can get away but if they hang around too close they get popped and they have very telegraphed burst.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Overwhelming used to proc Skoria and do a lot more single target damage, they changed it to a super weak AoE proc. Now its awful damage and not worth running as a pressure set. Aurorans has double the chances to proc concussed and think I might prefer it now even if given the option to get old Overwhelming back. Sweeps all the way as a spammable, also used Vamp's Bane for crit buff. Problem is even though it's great pressure and burst it's very telegraphed, so is stunning with Toppling. And the damage gets butchered by Blackrose Dualwield.

Shimmering is the main reason I went back to primarily melee builds. Honestly after maining magsorc for over a year and seeing the limitations of the class I never have trouble with them 1v1. If they want they can get away but if they hang around too close they get popped and they have very telegraphed burst.

Yea, shimmering is great. Where they’re moreso an issue for me isn’t 1v1, it’s BGs. Some games are all over the place, and in mid MMR has a lot of solo specs. A lot of times, especially in prime time, when an opposing group rushes my group will run looking for a tree to hide behind after I heal them or run off solo.

For BGs I’m still running lightning/Resto BTB + NMA, back bar potatoes. Maybe I just need to tank up a bit, it’s common to be focused when you’re healing.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Vyvrhel
    Vyvrhel
    ✭✭✭
    I feel like they’re pushing the class in a melee direction like a brawler. The way I played it in a hit and run style seems less effective.

They obviously do, and not only this class, PvP as a whole. And they will. Hit and run tactics, while being the most effective fighting tactics ever, as proven by the history of warfare and personal combat, is very bad for MMO sales.

Problem is that if you as a total newb face a guy in dojo who owns you in a sparring session you somehow understand that this has to do something with you being inexperienced and/or trained not enought.

But typical MMO? People doing easy overland stuff are routinely served the "you are the allmighty hero, the best fighter ever" illusion and once they get owned in PvP it is natural for them to believe it was because of some infair advantage the other side had. Then they go to forums and open yet another nerf thread.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was thinking about BRP and thinking "what class isnt impacted by this?" I mean everyone is impacted by major protection, but major evasion. It will effect a combo for about everyone. Leap, shalks, necro ult and its synergy, permafrost. Most big damage items are AOE except balista and soul assault (anyone actually use this still?) NB soul harvest/incap but IMHO NB does not have a delayed burst combo as all uses a GCD (althoughone surprisedne with point blank balista). Then it dawned on me. That's probably part of why sorcs are doing so well. They have a combo of 2 delayed hits in curse and mages wrath to land with frags and I dont think any count as AOE. Their weakness would be Warden rather than any stam class with major evasion.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I was thinking about BRP and thinking "what class isnt impacted by this?" I mean everyone is impacted by major protection, but major evasion. It will effect a combo for about everyone. Leap, shalks, necro ult and its synergy, permafrost. Most big damage items are AOE except balista and soul assault (anyone actually use this still?) NB soul harvest/incap but IMHO NB does not have a delayed burst combo as all uses a GCD (althoughone surprisedne with point blank balista). Then it dawned on me. That's probably part of why sorcs are doing so well. They have a combo of 2 delayed hits in curse and mages wrath to land with frags and I dont think any count as AOE. Their weakness would be Warden rather than any stam class with major evasion.

That’s generally how things play out I’ve found. There’s a rock/paper/scissors aspect to pvp and what’s strongest depends on opponents and builds.

If it’s all sorcs I do well as a MagWarden (though kill stealing is an issue), equally effective against snipe spammers and magblades
    If it’s all melee speed works well
    If it’s a lot of dots magplar does well
    Counter Templars with major evasion
    Healers counter tanky specs because it’s easy to heal through a tanky player’s burst
    AoE counters NBs
    Sorcs or pet stacking in general counter ranged

There’s no setup that dominates in every setting, as there shouldn’t be, but overall I feel strongest as a MagWarden these days. All you have to worry about is stamsorcs with their high melee burst but they get beat up by other setups so there aren’t many around.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 29, 2020 5:20PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, shimmering is great. Where they’re moreso an issue for me isn’t 1v1, it’s BGs. Some games are all over the place, and in mid MMR has a lot of solo specs. A lot of times, especially in prime time, when an opposing group rushes my group will run looking for a tree to hide behind after I heal them or run off solo.

For BGs I’m still running lightning/Resto BTB + NMA, back bar potatoes. Maybe I just need to tank up a bit, it’s common to be focused when you’re healing.

Yes, this is so annoying. xD They scatter and leave me to get focused. Or they kite out of range for me to heal them and they die.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Yes, this is so annoying. xD They scatter and leave me to get focused. Or they kite out of range for me to heal them and they die.

That’s the difference I’ve found between BG and 1vX players I’ve found. A lot of 1vX players who sometimes play BGs will do this a lot, they tend to bail on their team and are happy to lose and have good stats. The worst seem to be stam, magsorcs and stamblades. You’d think they get tired of losing all the time, but even solo queuing some group support is always worth it.

It takes a while to learn pvp’s flow but it’s definitely worth the time. Stam who just push until they die, stam who just run at the front and never turn around so other groups pick off the back of the group, magsorcs who never heal (and just shield and siphon healing) and bail on their group after hiding behind everyone else, stamblades who queue for flag games so they can gank people and show off 20-2 kill stats, mag who’re too slow to adjust/move and push with everyone else so they get picked off... there’s a long list of pet peeves. It’s no wonder people hate the solo queue.
    Edited by Iskiab on March 29, 2020 7:46PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • StarOfElyon
    StarOfElyon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the solo queue. It's just annoying when I get a team that can't push or they scatter off in different directions selfishly.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like the solo queue because my guild mates usually either don’t want to do bgs or they don’t want to do them when I’m ready to.

I don’t like it on my Templar because I’ve reached a point where the mmr system seems to think I’m slightly better than average and makes me the “good “ player on my team and saddles me with 3 teammates that are either low experience, low skill, low dps, or some wacky combination of those, and my only recourse is to go full heals to at least prevent the team from wiping immediately.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    In the hope ZOS will realize BRP must gone my magplar will serve as a pure healer for my smallscale grp (I already got a build for larger raid setup). For smallscale Cyro I belive Transmutation is BIS and that set wil double as a major for my magicka sustain as well. Any advice on a 2nd set? I belive bloodspawn will be my best pick for a monster set but I don't have a good idea for a 2nd set since I've never played as pure healer. We play both cp and no cp.
    Edited by Methariorn on April 6, 2020 7:28PM
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gossamer and Troll king are nice to go with transmutation. Other options depending on what you have available are Curse eater, Wizards riposte, and Olorime/SPC.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Methariorn
    Methariorn
    ✭✭✭
    Beside Gossamer I got all available. Tk will be a better option of BS for small scale?
    Methariorn sorc EU server AD
    Acciughina NB EU server AD
    Aiacos Templar EU server AD
    Sevoltan DK EU server AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Methariorn wrote: »
    Beside Gossamer I got all available. Tk will be a better option of BS for small scale?

Depends on your small scale group. Gossamer is only good if your group is all mag. Trans is always good if no one is running it. Meritorious service is a nice buff but requires cleanse spam and trans is a better buff. Troll king is overrated, and not good if people are vampires.

If you’re full healing you can’t go wrong with trans + seducers + bloodspawn. 3x infused mag regen rings, ritual mundus, Mara or tri stat food.

Just heavy attack when you can for major mending. Healing abilities are expensive, so high regen is important to be able to spam them.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 7, 2020 10:58AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

OS is still the go-to choice and if anything, got buffed for Templar as it's targetted-aoe ticks rather than single target, which falls in better with our skill set, at least in my opinion. I don't use either anymore but I've played with them both and the one thing I take away is that aurorans cone is too thin; it's so thin that anyone jump dodging your sweeps or whatever, will be dodging that as well.

Whilst Grothdarr wastes some ticks, I think you'd benefit more with grothdarr, you can sync your burst with it easier and as you've suggested, with things like brp holding players hands, you really need everything to sync up otherwise you'll get nowhere.

I am actually amazed with the amount of players in game and on the forums that claim Magplar in particular is unbelievably OP and is the easiest thing to play - People make out like you can win fights just spamming sweeps. I don't think most players understand the intensity, difficult decisions or downfalls involved in playing templar and when you compare us against other classes mechanic by mechanic - damage against damage, defence vs defence, speed vs speed etc, we lose in almost every category, by some margin.

That’s the difference I’ve found between BG and 1vX players I’ve found. A lot of 1vX players who sometimes play BGs will do this a lot, they tend to bail on their team and are happy to lose and have good stats. The worst seem to be stam, magsorcs and stamblades. You’d think they get tired of losing all the time, but even solo queuing some group support is always worth it.

It takes a while to learn pvp’s flow but it’s definitely worth the time. Stam who just push until they die, stam who just run at the front and never turn around so other groups pick off the back of the group, magsorcs who never heal (and just shield and siphon healing) and bail on their group after hiding behind everyone else, stamblades who queue for flag games so they can gank people and show off 20-2 kill stats, mag who’re too slow to adjust/move and push with everyone else so they get picked off... there’s a long list of pet peeves. It’s no wonder people hate the solo queue.

I am one of them so can give my perspective on it.

BG wins don't mean anything to the game and with that, they don't mean anything to me. These days, I login, duel and Q for BG's just for those small scale, quick fixes.
    I prefer noCP combat as I think it's harder to be carried by setups there - I know certain setups are strong there but I feel like your playstyle and experience is more prominent in that environment as most players have to make more decisions about their build and general choices than they do in CP - So I go in looking forward to dominating players that I could duel in CP and see the same fight go either way because they have 35k burst and insane mitigation/mobility.
    Matchmaking is a known issue, I go into too many games where, as people have said, it's me and 3 160cp's (or less) vs 2-3 skilled players or whatever and at as sad as it might sound, I'm in there to fight, not roll around supporting players that should not be in my BG's. I also use HtD etc and again, as harsh as it might sound, with those kind of lobbies, me dying because I wasted my heal on a beginner in divines when I needed it and would have been the better choice, can be quite frustrating.

Mainly it comes down to the wins thing, it doesn't mean anything and that's a big shame for me.

Also, it's not a one way thing - We have a lot of players on Xbox Eu that will run away from fights, just magnum shot (or whatever the knock back is) and run. I finish games and often a team mate has done 20k damage, which was probably caltrops or all those stuns they were throwing.

With those kind of players, you're somewhat incentivised to just inflate your numbers.

Edited by BNOC on April 7, 2020 11:51AM
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »

OS is still the go-to choice and if anything, got buffed for Templar as it's targetted-aoe ticks rather than single target, which falls in better with our skill set, at least in my opinion. I don't use either anymore but I've played with them both and the one thing I take away is that aurorans cone is too thin; it's so thin that anyone jump dodging your sweeps or whatever, will be dodging that as well.

Whilst Grothdarr wastes some ticks, I think you'd benefit more with grothdarr, you can sync your burst with it easier and as you've suggested, with things like brp holding players hands, you really need everything to sync up otherwise you'll get nowhere.

I am actually amazed with the amount of players in game and on the forums that claim Magplar in particular is unbelievably OP and is the easiest thing to play - People make out like you can win fights just spamming sweeps. I don't think most players understand the intensity, difficult decisions or downfalls involved in playing templar and when you compare us against other classes mechanic by mechanic - damage against damage, defence vs defence, speed vs speed etc, we lose in almost every category, by some margin.

I am one of them so can give my perspective on it.

BG wins don't mean anything to the game and with that, they don't mean anything to me. These days, I login, duel and Q for BG's just for those small scale, quick fixes.
    I prefer noCP combat as I think it's harder to be carried by setups there - I know certain setups are strong there but I feel like your playstyle and experience is more prominent in that environment as most players have to make more decisions about their build and general choices than they do in CP - So I go in looking forward to dominating players that I could duel in CP and see the same fight go either way because they have 35k burst and insane mitigation/mobility.
    Matchmaking is a known issue, I go into too many games where, as people have said, it's me and 3 160cp's (or less) vs 2-3 skilled players or whatever and at as sad as it might sound, I'm in there to fight, not roll around supporting players that should not be in my BG's. I also use HtD etc and again, as harsh as it might sound, with those kind of lobbies, me dying because I wasted my heal on a beginner in divines when I needed it and would have been the better choice, can be quite frustrating.

Mainly it comes down to the wins thing, it doesn't mean anything and that's a big shame for me.

Also, it's not a one way thing - We have a lot of players on Xbox Eu that will run away from fights, just magnum shot (or whatever the knock back is) and run. I finish games and often a team mate has done 20k damage, which was probably caltrops or all those stuns they were throwing.

With those kind of players, you're somewhat incentivised to just inflate your numbers.

I get those same games too, myself and 3 under CP160s. I used to play a full healer in pvp, but have adjusted to a damage and healing mix for this reason. Sometimes you’re on your own and healing is just a waste of resources.

Typically what I’ll do is see how the game is going and adjust on the fly. Being adaptable is important, so like sometimes I’ll play like I’m solo and sometimes I’ll full support. Playing purely solo isn’t bad, but I just wish people had the awareness to adapt to their team. Lots of players seem to play one way and that’s it, then get mad if things don’t work out for them and they lose and blame everyone else.

I see this a LOT especially by the try hard 1vX types. Not good enough to play solo in a BG, but plays like they’re solo anyways, then blames others when it doesn’t work out for them.
    Edited by Iskiab on April 7, 2020 2:14PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭

I have never run OS before...what's a good set to pair with it? BTB?

Thanks
    Feannag
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feannag wrote: »

I have never run OS before...what's a good set to pair with it? BTB?

Thanks

Yeah, or whatever you feel you need, set wise - I'd use BTB I think.

If you are using Grothdarr, OS, Crescent Sweep and even Solar Barrage, you can make for some real high pressure with the constant ticks, especially when they all sync up - All before you add on your normal abilities.

I personally don't run it but it's alright for people who sometimes struggle to get off of their back bar or transition from defence to attack.
    vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Feannag
    Feannag
    ✭✭
    If I ran Hiti's now, I would just be a rainbow of flashing lights/swirling/glowing lights...I can cause 5% of Cyrodiil lag all by myself!
    Feannag