The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should ZoS finally listen to players about the size of the Sorc's Matriarch/Tormentor pet?

• Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other (Leave explanation)
    technohic wrote: »
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Get rid of permanent pets. Make them last 8/16 seconds same as Nercos. This would also get rid of the double bar requirement. ZOS would also have to do something about the Wardens bear as well.

Maybe the bear would go on a rampage and be stronger while its out for one morph, maybe similar to necro smash only the bear goes running after its target. And another it does a protective stance between you and danger actually purposefully providing LOS the few seconds it is up. Mauls and stuns any enemy within 7m of you.

Good ideas.
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the size is the problem. I'd rather have them phase out if they get within X distance of a crafting station, utility NPC or some such. It should not be hard to make them just go invisible within a certain range of things players need to interact with.
  • itscompton
    itscompton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make Daedra illegal to summon in towns, no reason to have them out when you're crafting or shopping anyway.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, leave them be. They are fine.
    I happen to quite like her size. Yes, quite...
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm against making them smaller. Sorry, but I like my pets the way they are.

Should they be disabled in towns and around wayshrines, crafting stations, etc.? Yes, as there's no reason to have your pets out when you're shopping, crafting, etc. Alternatively, add a toggle option to "Settings" to allow us to hide other players' pets (and maybe or own).
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • Thannazzar
      Thannazzar
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Would rather have an imp than a matriarch.
    • GenjiraX
      GenjiraX
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I turn mine off when it’s not needed.
    • AlienSlof
      AlienSlof
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Yes, please make the Matriarch/Tormentor pet smaller.
      Hallothiel wrote: »
      Smaller would be most appreciated.

Don’t mind too much in towns, tbh, but recently had the experience of a guild trial group with people with pet builds - and oh my god they were annoying! Kept having to move so they weren’t filling my entire view and so I could possibly catch a glimpse of what was going on so could respond & not die. Not the most positive experience.

This. ^

As a healer, I am usually at the back of the group - and so are the bloody flapping monstrosities, blocking my view. Smaller would be good, changing it for something smaller and not flapping constantly, even better.

A 'forced dismiss' around crafting stations and banks would be good too. Move out of the range and the pets pop back in, just like when the player enters water.
      Edited by AlienSlof on March 1, 2020 10:36AM
      Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
    • SpaceElf
      SpaceElf
      ✭✭✭
      GenjiraX wrote: »
      I turn mine off when it’s not needed.

Yeah, likewise. I don't have any pets up outside of combat.
    • phoenixkungfu
      phoenixkungfu
      ✭✭✭✭
      Pets in eso are in a terrible spot. Simply put sorcerer pets suck. Eso has made double duel bar pet sorcerer extinc. Now you want even more. If you cant beat a pet sorcerer now with all of the over nerf changes. Hand out eso 2019 nerfs has given you. Its simple you suck. Double bar pet sorcerer is the WORST SET UP IN THE GAME. It's not even close to any other classes. The class is honestly focus on the lightning staff skill line for damage...o wait they just nerf that.
    • SpaceElf
      SpaceElf
      ✭✭✭
      Pets in eso are in a terrible spot. Simply put sorcerer pets suck. Eso has made double duel bar pet sorcerer extinc. Now you want even more. If you cant beat a pet sorcerer now with all of the over nerf changes. Hand out eso 2019 nerfs has given you. Its simple you suck. Double bar pet sorcerer is the WORST SET UP IN THE GAME. It's not even close to any other classes. The class is honestly focus on the lightning staff skill line for damage...o wait they just nerf that.

...what?
    • ListerJMC
      ListerJMC
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Yes please, the flappy wings have a tendency to make me dizzy and they get in the way all the time so I'm always desummoning them! I'd ideally like the Twilight changed to something that doesn't flap honestly, and the graphics on them are very outdated.
      PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
      "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    • dazee
      dazee
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      I want to summon a daedroth or any larger beast daedra creature on sorc.
      Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
    • Neoealth
      Neoealth
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      ListerJMC wrote: »
      Yes please, the flappy wings have a tendency to make me dizzy and they get in the way all the time so I'm always desummoning them! I'd ideally like the Twilight changed to something that doesn't flap honestly, and the graphics on them are very outdated.

Have to agree, the flapping of the wings is annoying. Make it much smaller or change it to something that is not so distracting.
    • snoozy
      snoozy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      idk wrote: »
      Neoealth wrote: »
      I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

You do not want to flog a dead horse yet you create another thread on the subject.

For the same reason Zos did not reply to previous threads I do not expect them to choose this one to make a comment. It is just not that big of an issue. In the rare case, a pet is blocking our way a step to one side or another often remedies the issue. I say that from over 40 hours of playtime per week since the March 2014 launch of this game.

you're right, zos had bigger issues to fix, like iceheart overperforming :trollface:
      PC EU
    • snoozy
      snoozy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Sephyr wrote: »
      They should be a crime to have out in towns. Half the time I can't even side step because they're literally right ON top of the thing I'm trying to interact with. You don't need them in banks. You don't need them to turn in writs. Get rid of them.

literally this. THANK YOU. finally someone with sense. if necro pets are a crime, sorc and warden pets should be as well. :#
      PC EU
    • snoozy
      snoozy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      the wretched things are butt ugly, toning down the size wouldn't help. make them auto unsummon in towns. go duel outside.
      PC EU
    • redlink1979
      redlink1979
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I'm fine with their size, the only problem is how pets block delivery points since not all players care to unsummon pets when they're not in combat.

PS - Warden's pet included.
      "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
      • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
      • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
      • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
      • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    • Grianasteri
      Grianasteri
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Neoealth wrote: »
      I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

From what I've seen on these forums, most people seem to be in favor of perhaps toning down the size of the flapper and most would probably agree they get very annoying very quickly.

I wanted to make a poll so we could get an idea just how many people would like to see something done about it. Please ZoS, if you could scale them down a tad, I'd be very happy. I can't imagine it would even be a difficult task to perform, but it would be a huge improvement to the game, in my opinion.

So let them know what you want.

I voted to make them smaller, because they are ridiculously annoying flapping in everyone's faces, even your own if they are yours. I tend to remove them whenever I am in a town etc, out of courtesy and frankly because I cant stand them.

BUT, that is not actually my preference. I would prefer both were reworked, in fact I think all "pets" should actually have a class appropriate range of skin options. I hate the look of both Sorc pets, they look horrendous. Even if we could colour the skins to match your character aesthetics, that would be a start.
    • Vahrokh
      Vahrokh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      I want to keep my pets exactly the size they are. Maybe have other players not see them or resize them on their client. But not in mine.
    • snoozy
      snoozy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      RefLiberty wrote: »
      I don't think it is a beating a dead horse.
      There was a numerous threads and polls about it and resize always won.
      This subject needs to be actual all the time until Zos finally say to community what is their plan.
      So yeah, is t is good that OP opened 999 thread about this, subject should not be forgotten in depths of this forum.

don't worry, i will make thread no. 1000 soon :wink:
      one day, we will get zos to take action.
      PC EU
    • Vahrokh
      Vahrokh
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      snoozy wrote: »
      RefLiberty wrote: »
      I don't think it is a beating a dead horse.
      There was a numerous threads and polls about it and resize always won.
      This subject needs to be actual all the time until Zos finally say to community what is their plan.
      So yeah, is t is good that OP opened 999 thread about this, subject should not be forgotten in depths of this forum.

don't worry, i will make thread no. 1000 soon :wink:
      one day, we will get zos to take action.

Yeah it's always to easy and fun to create polls about OTHERS having to give up their fun. No surprise that the polls win: "are you ok getting XYZ at the expense of ABC (not you)? Oh yeah!"
    • RaddlemanNumber7
      RaddlemanNumber7
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      Replace the Winged Twighlight model with something small that doesn't have wings. Banekin, scamp, or a small humanoid like one of the little Skaafin.
      PC EU
    • Alienoutlaw
      Alienoutlaw
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      as a pet Sorc player from day 1 i fully support this idea, they could make the Twilight half the size and translucent
    • Tommy_The_Gun
      Tommy_The_Gun
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      It is not for me to decide. However, I can tell you that ZOS will do nothing about it, as they have double standards...

Look at werewolf pets that are untargatable and then at sorc or warden pets that still somehow can effectively body block in PvP and block interactions in PvE, when looting stuff or trying to use craft stations.
      Lack of consistancy is stunning.
    • MajBludd
      MajBludd
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      They really should increase the sizes at least by 2X
    • Tigerseye
      Tigerseye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      Should be some optional way to make them smaller, if you choose to.

However, even more importantly, there should be ways to make them look better and/or different (reskins).

Warden pets also need reskins, obviously.
    • Túrin_Vidsmidr
      Túrin_Vidsmidr
      ✭✭✭
      CAN'T
      FKN
      SEE
      The best techniques are passed on by the survivors.
    • Tigerseye
      Tigerseye
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭
      SHANKS_63 wrote: »
      I loved the spell "Tiny Companion" in EQ so you could have a large pet, or shrink them down.

WoW has/had a similar thing, for Hunter pets, with a glyph.

Was popular amongst Dwarven Hunters and I assume, now, also Gnome ones. :smile:
    • Greevir
      Greevir
      ✭✭✭✭
      An option to not see them at all would be nice.
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!