The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Should ZoS finally listen to players about the size of the Sorc's Matriarch/Tormentor pet?

• Prrasha
    Prrasha
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Leave explanation)
    Pets NEED to be click-through. There is no reason for them to block interactivity when they have no interactivity of their own.

Bears and scamps too, of course. And any others that might get added in the future.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, please make the Matriarch/Tormentor pet smaller.
    idk wrote: »
    Neoealth wrote: »
    I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

You do not want to flog a dead horse yet you create another thread on the subject.

For the same reason Zos did not reply to previous threads I do not expect them to choose this one to make a comment. It is just not that big of an issue. In the rare case, a pet is blocking our way a step to one side or another often remedies the issue. I say that from over 40 hours of playtime per week since the March 2014 launch of this game.

I made clear in the same bit you quoted why I made the poll despite it being an already popular complaint here on the forum, I mentioned I've never seen any response from ZoS, which is odd, considering the world of difference it would make to so many people for such a small change to the game. I know you like to say what ZoS will and won't comment on all the time, but I'd rather see for myself if that's okay with you.

I think it's good for the community (at least those that frequent the forums) to let ZoS really know what they want regarding this topic. Who knows, perhaps this will be the thread which makes them consider a change and even a response.

It's perfectly fine if you feel the flapper is okay as it is, I respect your opinion. But I ask you this, would you be opposed to it being scaled down slightly just to make others happy, or is there a reason you feel it should stay the size it is?

I thought I made it very clear I had noticed that comment when I noted that Zos will still avoid commenting on the issue because it is a very small issue.

LOL at "flapper".

I do not think Zos needs to bother with this at all. It is petty and few have an issue with it because it is not a real problem. Some people just like to make a big deal out of trivial things.

Well I would not say it's necessarily a "problem"

Just for reference to the last post.

Yh I read it, that’s why I said this

I did read it. There is no reason to make it smaller, that would be silly. Players want a bear not a cub, duels, fancy mounts, non combat pets, etc....

The other is my two cents

LOL. That quote was really for the post I made just before your previous post.

I just thought I would point out to others looking at our posts that OP has actually said in this thread that this is not so much a problem even though they have claimed in other posts since then that this is now a problem.

I responded to that already and explained myself. Good heaven's. Let it go. 😂
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    or just auto desummon when entering into "city", "town" etc zone

That might not even be needed if they just made them smaller. Making them vanish when in cities/towns still does not solve the problem of them being hugely annoying for the rest of the time (from the perspective of the pet sorc or other people close to them)

But yeah, as a side note, i'd be in favor of that as well as long as it was additional to scaling down.

@Neoealth Edziu's suggestion is should of satiated your issue. Seeing you disagree, just reinforces @idk points tbh.

There are many offenders beyond sorcerers, including less civil players themselves. If it is such a bother to you, just do writs at the guildhall or house on crafting stations there, problem solved. :)

Forum polls are biased at the root.

We do not know how many people have multiple accounts or people that are grouped together for certain nerf agendas. Not to mention, those that have quit playing and are just salty with an agenda themselves.

Meep

You seem to be implying the problem only exists in towns and cities. Believe it or not the issues with the pet follow you, well because the pet follows you! And just to be clear, i didn't disagree with his suggestion. Try reading what I wrote again. I was saying pets being dismissed in cities would be a thing id like but only if they also made the pet smaller as well.

I did read it. There is no reason to make it smaller, that would be silly. Players want a bear not a cub, duels, fancy mounts, non combat pets, etc....

Zoom your camera out, problem solved.

I have played this game and got my cute monkey as a thank you. Even tanking the hardest content, sorcs were never an issue. I found another class’s ability to be a visual inconvenience but adjusted to it np’ with in a day or two.

The latest update has crippled cyro and is a real problem in PvE, as well. If you keep getting disconnected and burst is clunky in PvP how can you enjoy anything....just sayin’ that is where ZoS’ resources need to be

I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say. We are talking about the sorc pet not the warden bear.

And your solution of " just zoom out" is not helpful. I play fully zoomed out and it still takes up a huge part of the screen. And it still stands over stuff I want to loot.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, leave them be. They are fine.

That might not even be needed if they just made them smaller. Making them vanish when in cities/towns still does not solve the problem of them being hugely annoying for the rest of the time (from the perspective of the pet sorc or other people close to them)

But yeah, as a side note, i'd be in favor of that as well as long as it was additional to scaling down.

@Neoealth Edziu's suggestion is should of satiated your issue. Seeing you disagree, just reinforces @idk points tbh.

There are many offenders beyond sorcerers, including less civil players themselves. If it is such a bother to you, just do writs at the guildhall or house on crafting stations there, problem solved. :)

We do not know how many people have multiple accounts or people that are grouped together for certain nerf agendas. Not to mention, those that have quit playing and are just salty with an agenda themselves.

Meep

You seem to be implying the problem only exists in towns and cities. Believe it or not the issues with the pet follow you, well because the pet follows you! And just to be clear, i didn't disagree with his suggestion. Try reading what I wrote again. I was saying pets being dismissed in cities would be a thing id like but only if they also made the pet smaller as well.

I have played this game and got my cute monkey as a thank you. Even tanking the hardest content, sorcs were never an issue. I found another class’s ability to be a visual inconvenience but adjusted to it np’ with in a day or two.

The latest update has crippled cyro and is a real problem in PvE, as well. If you keep getting disconnected and burst is clunky in PvP how can you enjoy anything....just sayin’ that is where ZoS’ resources need to be

I'm not really understanding what you're trying to say. We are talking about the sorc pet not the warden bear.

And your solution of " just zoom out" is not helpful. I play fully zoomed out and it still takes up a huge part of the screen. And it still stands over stuff I want to loot.

You can’t whine about one without the others. Zooming out is helpful, Cx

post ss’ of you completely zoomed out and having problems over the years and not just now with your friends creating a fake scenario
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on February 29, 2020 8:17PM
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all pets are annoying, not just tormentors tho. their hitboxes suk hard.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Meep

You can’t whine about one without the others. Zooming out is helpful, Cx

post ss’ of you completely zoomed out and having problems over the years and not just now with your friends creating a fake scenario

It took me a few times reading your comment to get what you were trying to say. I assume ss means screenshots. I don't need to post screenshots, it's there for all to see if you play a pet sorc.

The flapper takes up half of the screen because it has a huge wing span. And to make matters worse it loves flying over the sorcs head. It is a continual distraction and obstruction. It's fine if you don't mind that. But please do not be so dismissive of other peoples preferences and opinions.

It is certainty not a "fake scenario"
    Edited by Neoealth on February 29, 2020 8:50PM
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smaller would be most appreciated.

Don’t mind too much in towns, tbh, but recently had the experience of a guild trial group with people with pet builds - and oh my god they were annoying! Kept having to move so they weren’t filling my entire view and so I could possibly catch a glimpse of what was going on so could respond & not die. Not the most positive experience.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets NEED to be click-through in PvP so we are able to target the caster, right now you cannot hit sorcs that have pets and especially pets like the Matriarch.

Edited by Gilvoth on March 1, 2020 12:43AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

You do not want to flog a dead horse yet you create another thread on the subject.

For the same reason Zos did not reply to previous threads I do not expect them to choose this one to make a comment. It is just not that big of an issue. In the rare case, a pet is blocking our way a step to one side or another often remedies the issue. I say that from over 40 hours of playtime per week since the March 2014 launch of this game.

Agreed. And im saying this as a Tank who constantly gets pets right in my face blocking the boss. It's annoying, but there are larger issues that need addressing imo.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want to be able to command them to go somewhere and then stay there, instead of hovering so close to my sorcs, i feel like calling for an adult O_O. i mean, them being smaller would also be nice, but just being able to genuinely control pets.... please. probably not happening, but that's what I would actualy want.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »
    I want to be able to command them to go somewhere and then stay there, instead of hovering so close to my sorcs, i feel like calling for an adult O_O. i mean, them being smaller would also be nice, but just being able to genuinely control pets.... please. probably not happening, but that's what I would actualy want.

this ^
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If this was anyway about towns, I'd love for them to be added as crimes to the game. I think that would push people to unsummon them like Necro's. They're already making vampires and werewolves a part of the list, why not sorc pets?

It would be pretty punishing without intuitive ways to unsummon them, at least for console players and serves as a minor fix to the issue. Lowering the size and updating the models would be great, sorcs that use pets for body blocking is sometimes a nightmare to deal with. It shouldn't be a thing.
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, yeah, I have a lot of sorcs. And wardens. Because since satellite is my only connect option, pet classes are my personal choice so I have some potential for surviving (if you've never played on a very substandard connection, you have NO idea....)

I would LOVE for the flappy (actually, all of the sorc pets AND the warden's bear) to be half or a third of the size as they are now. Good lord, there is NO reason for these pets to be so huge and so.... in my face (not to mention everyone ELSE'S face!)

Seriously, ZOS. FIX IT.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't make them smaller, just make the Mages guilds erect a barrier in towns that turn them all invisible or despawns them.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »
    I just want sorc pets and warden bear to be criminal acts.

No ability that is always on should ever be a criminal act.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *shrug* Mine aren't "always on". Mine are despawned unless I need them - which I don't in towns etc.
  • OtarTheMad
    OtarTheMad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Okay honestly the game is a huge mess, everyone in PvP is crashing multiple times. Necro's have an increase cost bug, there is another bug with skills delayed and not responding and so many other bugs atm that are nearly game breaking. And we are talking about pet size? LoL, no... BIGGER issues right now. Maybe in the future.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Release pet skins for both Sorcs and wardens.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »
    Release pet skins for both Sorcs and wardens.

I'd go for that.... depending on what the skins looked like. I can imagine some pretty horrific stuff....
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need, NEED to be bigger!
  • priforce
    priforce
    ✭✭✭

From what I've seen on these forums, most people seem to be in favor of perhaps toning down the size of the flapper and most would probably agree they get very annoying very quickly.

I wanted to make a poll so we could get an idea just how many people would like to see something done about it. Please ZoS, if you could scale them down a tad, I'd be very happy. I can't imagine it would even be a difficult task to perform, but it would be a huge improvement to the game, in my opinion.

So let them know what you want.

Just make them transparent when overlaid with any intractable object.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I Already made a Bullet Prof Way to deal with Pets, Please Support and read my Thread! Here is what it Consist:
    WiseSky wrote: »
    Do you think we should implement this feature in the next update? :

If a Player's Bear or Pet is blocking the crafting station or NPC or quest item.

You can press on the Bear or the Pet and select Remove and it is unsummoned.

From then on, whenever they summon that bear or pet it comes with a different skin for 24 hours, something like plain gray with a caution marker over its head. If someone catches the bear or pet blocking a crafting station or NPC or quest item, you can click on it and select Annihilate which will skin it alive in front of them in horrific screams and it will explode splattering blood everywhere.

From then on, whenever they summon that bear or pet it comes with a different skin for 365 Days with a Death marker over its head.If someone catches the bear or pet blocking a crafting station or NPC or quest item, you can click on it and select Eradication which will automatically make that pet turn inside out, quickly rot and be sucked out of existence.
    From then on the Player has a Debuff of 365 days on all of account and his attributes become only 3 and his skill points drop to 6 and losses all CP points. That player also gets a Clown Face make up smeared all over their face that he cant remove or change it until the debuff is gone on all their character . From then on whenever the player wants to interact with any crafting station, any NPC or any quest Item, They must try crouching, jumping and roll dodging 100 times around the intractable while facing it, when they do that they get to see the intractable quickly appear (they may press E but it does nothing) and that is a sign that they entered the last phase , now the intractable only gains 1 Pixel which they may interact with and must find in 1 minute or they have to jump crouch and roll dodge all over again. If ever they try to summon a bear or pet while this Debuff is active they gain the Achievement 3RD Time Is the Charm and they get automatically kicked and account banned until they follow a 30 day program in RL of the ethics of bear and pets summoning.

Its not much and that is all I want from ESO

^ THIS
    Edited by WiseSky on March 1, 2020 4:40AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly get fed up with it being in my face and making it difficult to pick up things. Even if they don't make it smaller, I'd be okay with that as long as the damn thing stays behind me and out of my immediate space. That alone would make me very happy.
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    Noxavian wrote: »
    Imagine complaining about this like it's an actual issue.

I've played this game for almost 5 years and have never once been annoyed by the size of the flapper.

It's not the size, it's the proximity to the player. It interferes with normal gameplay by not allowing me to pick stuff up 50% of the time on the first or second try - because it's in my way and not behind me, like the clannfear tends to be.
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

I remember this being a thing in EQ2. Pets had their own tiny bar with a few specific commands. I liked the fact I could just target the mob and order my pet to attack, unlike what I have to do now which is directly attack it and hope it decides to go after my pet.
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Get rid of permanent pets. Make them last 8/16 seconds same as Nercos. This would also get rid of the double bar requirement. ZOS would also have to do something about the Wardens bear as well.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    Size is not the issue. Placement is the issue.

I was going to say, move it back and up or do something so it doesnt crowd the doors or other things. Even if I play a magsorc, I get annoyed by it flapping in my screen.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    Get rid of permanent pets. Make them last 8/16 seconds same as Nercos. This would also get rid of the double bar requirement. ZOS would also have to do something about the Wardens bear as well.

Maybe the bear would go on a rampage and be stronger while its out for one morph, maybe similar to necro smash only the bear goes running after its target. And another it does a protective stance between you and danger actually purposefully providing LOS the few seconds it is up. Mauls and stuns any enemy within 7m of you.
    Edited by technohic on March 1, 2020 6:27AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Size do matter