The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ZoS finally listen to players about the size of the Sorc's Matriarch/Tormentor pet?

• AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please make the Matriarch/Tormentor pet smaller.
    The matriarch gets in my magsorc's way in and out of combat. Reducing the size would help both magsorcs and bystanders alike, both in and out of combat/town.

A note on dismissing pets. Religious use of the fabulous add on 'Pet Dismiss' makes it very easy to ensure my matriarch does not annoy me or others in town. Before I got the add on, I couldn't be bothered with the clunky steps to dismiss my pets in town. With a simple key bind that can be mapped like Pet Dismiss has, I reliably dismiss my pets in town. I expect others would do the same if vanilla ESO incorporated such a convenient feature. Auto-dismiss, however, is a loser. Though I don't duel, I expect duelers would agree, not to mention the multiple quests that require combat in town.

Edited by AcadianPaladin on February 29, 2020 4:37PM
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Neoealth wrote: »
    I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

You do not want to flog a dead horse yet you create another thread on the subject.

For the same reason Zos did not reply to previous threads I do not expect them to choose this one to make a comment. It is just not that big of an issue. In the rare case, a pet is blocking our way a step to one side or another often remedies the issue. I say that from over 40 hours of playtime per week since the March 2014 launch of this game.

I made clear in the same bit you quoted why I made the poll despite it being an already popular complaint here on the forum, I mentioned I've never seen any response from ZoS, which is odd, considering the world of difference it would make to so many people for such a small change to the game. I know you like to say what ZoS will and won't comment on all the time, but I'd rather see for myself if that's okay with you.

I think it's good for the community (at least those that frequent the forums) to let ZoS really know what they want regarding this topic. Who knows, perhaps this will be the thread which makes them consider a change and even a response.

It's perfectly fine if you feel the flapper is okay as it is, I respect your opinion. But I ask you this, would you be opposed to it being scaled down slightly just to make others happy, or is there a reason you feel it should stay the size it is?

I thought I made it very clear I had noticed that comment when I noted that Zos will still avoid commenting on the issue because it is a very small issue.

LOL at "flapper".

I do not think Zos needs to bother with this at all. It is petty and few have an issue with it because it is not a real problem. Some people just like to make a big deal out of trivial things.

Well I would not say it's necessarily a "problem" either. More of an annoyance, an annoyance that does not really have to be there.

Yes, the rare times this occurs is can be a very minor annoyance and as you state it is not really a problem. So not really worth Zos to be concerned with which is probably why they do not find it worthwhile to comment in threads on the subject. The poll, pointless. Many that fine this such a trivial issue are not going to bother spending time on the poll for the same reason.

It being a minor or major annoyance depends on the individual. For me and many others it's quite a major annoyance.

• RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Besides crafting area's last week I was doing a dolmen and there must have been a dozen sorcs and their pets. I couldn't see a thing. Cut them down about 60%.
  • Langdon64
    Langdon64
    ✭✭✭✭
    No. I think players should take responsibility for their pets instead of asking ZOS to change something. It is the players who are at fault.
  • Kalik_Gold
    Kalik_Gold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other (Leave explanation)
    Leave them the same size.

The same way the pets Portal in when summoned - have them portal out after 60 sec non-combat. When you attack again, they can poof back in.
    Main: (PvP & PvE)
    Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar, the Vestige

PvP:
    Aurik Siet'ka a Redguard Necromancer
    Cacique the Sage of Ius a Redguard Warden
    Jux Blackheart a Redguard Nightblade
    Goliath of Hammerfell a Redguard Dragonknight
    Kaotik Von Dae'mon a Redguard* Sorcerer

PvP: (Specialty)
    Tyrus Septim an Imperial Lycan Sorcerer
    Tsar af-Bomba a Redguard Vampiric Nightblade
    Movárth Piquine a Nord Vampiric Necromancer
    Uri Ice-Heart the Twin a Nord Vampiric Warden

PvE:
    Cinan Tharn an Imperial Dragonknight
    Bates Vesuius of Dawnstar an Imperial Dragonknight
    Herzog Zwei the Genesis an Akavari* Templar
    Tav'i at-Shinji a Redguard** Warden
    Lucky Hunch the Gambler - a Redguard Nightblade

Leveling...
    Zenovia at-Tura a Redguard** Sorcerer
    Yesi af-Kalik a Redguard Templar
    Voa a Priest of Sep a Redguard* Necromancer
    ======
    Passives of another race used. (RP)
    *Breton
    **Imperial

__________________________Backstories:_________________________

Ras Kalik the Vestige, a renown Redguard warrior; He has been blessed to save Tamriel from Molag Bal’s destructive Planemeld while reuniting the Five Companions. His further accomplishments after defeating Molag Bal, has been to stop the destruction of Morrowind, the Clockwork City, return order to the isle of Summerset and create a new king in Wrothgar and a queen in Elsywer. These events have made him a living legend and continue to lead him into new adventures throughout Tamriel, as well as into the hearts of many ladies including the Elf Queen, Aryenn. Over many years of adventurous travels, Ras Kalik had become a loner, until he re-visited his homeland of Alik'r.

Alik'r and it's cities were overrun by the undead Ra-Netu and therefore he made an allegiance with Alik'r's own Ash'abah tribe. These Ash'abah with his help, cleansed the city of Sentinel in Alik'r desert and it's surrounding areas of the undead brought to life by the Withered Hand. After rescuing Sentinel from the undead zombies, King Fahara’jad’s personal bodyguard the Goliath of Hammerfell, who was given this name by Imperials in the region; was asked to assist the tribe after learning of the defeat of the Withered Hand to the Ash'abah. Kalik promised Goliath he would task him with fighting living enemies on the battlefield if he so desired. Goliath being a Yokudan warrior wields a massive sword in respect to the Ansei, a gift given by the Imperial, Cinan Tharn. Not many soldiers are able to wield double two handed weapons, but Goliath loves to get up and personal in a fight, so he also carries a giant maul, both weapons laced with magical flames.

Jux Blackheart is a master thief that masquerades as a Bard at the Sisters of the Sands inn, with his younger sidekick Lucky Hunch for pilfering and gambling during this time. Jux was known to infiltrate any towns bank vault he came across and even delved into Ayelid ruins without detection. Kalik can vividly recall the night he met the famed thief. Jux found himself rummaging thru a slightly inebriated Kalik’s pocket for too long, on a full-mooned night and because of his greed and the glimmer of his golden armor in the moonlight. He lost his left pinky fingertip as a lesson! But in return, he gained a new friend, as it was his first time since a child being caught red-handed...

Upon arrival back in the Alik'r after many moons of adventuring, Ras Kalik ventures to Bergama. Visiting The Winking Jackal, he runs into Jux Blackheart, who introduces him to the coin game Crowns vs Forebearers (Heads vs Tails) and Golden Dwemer (RBG).... Jux constantly takes gold from the unfortunate thru theft or gambling, his biggest gambling victim is actually his partner in crime known as Lucky Hunch the Gambler. Lucky doesn't mind losing any gold coins to Jux... as Jux saved him from Altmer slavers in Summerset, by stealing a key and sending him on a boat to the mainland years prior. Lucky spent years in slavery with Khajiits in Summerset and picked up the art of subterfuge, using illusion magic disguises and stealing there.

Kaotik Von’Daemon an outcast, and a half-caste between a Breton mother and a Redguard father. Kaotik become a pariah due to his conjuration of Daedra pets. He was taught healing magic during his childhood years by his Breton mother. His father due to Redguard customs exiled him from the desert, sending him by wagon caravan to be a soldier in the war in Cyrodiil. He happened to meet Kalik while traveling from Alik'r, during this long caravan ride the caravan he was in was ambushed in Bangkorai by a group of bandits. Kalik by chance was also traveling thru this area on his Auridon Warhorse (which was bestowed to him by his friend, Darien Gautier). During this ambush, Kalik was able to rescue five hostages from the bandits. Kaotik was the first rescued, and Ras Kalik also recruited him to be in the Ash'abah tribe. These core Ash'abah tribesmen may never be seen together in travel as they partake in their own adventures but they always know what each other is doing; as they frequent a hideout in northern Bankorai. Their hideout an old Orc castle ruin, is kept watch by Nuzhimeh and she passes messages written between them, and frequently they also enjoy her company and her bed.

The other men rescued were a Dunmer banker, an Imperial mercenary and two other soldiers, an Imperial and a Breton Knight, stating proudly he was an Akavir descendent. One of the Imperials, Cinan, claimed to be related to Abnur Tharn the Battlemage of the Imperial Elder Council (One of Ras Kalik's mentors in the Five Companions). Cinan Tharn was really Abnur's drunkard treasure hunting illegitimate son. He was caught smuggling artifacts out of the Ayleid ruins in Cyrodiil and the elder of the two Imperials was Tyrus Septim a retired Imperial navy battle-mage (now a Lycan mercenary living in the city of Rimmen) and guard to the Tharn family. As much as Abnur Tharn hated his half-sister Euraxia, he dislikes his bas†ard son Cinan more. Tyrus now a ruffian and privateer had been paid by Abnur Tharn to watch over Cinan as much as possible. Cinan Tharn a drunkard, loves to drink at least a quarter barrel of Nord mead before he raids various delves and dungeons for relics to sell on the black market. Cinan also plans to one day, run an illegal gambling ring... which he thinks will net him more gold for his wares.

The Dunmer captive shackled to the Imperials looked familiar to Kalik from his time in Morrowind.... and he recognized him as Tythis Andromo a House Telvanni slave-owner and banker from Vvardenfell. During a rough interrogation to Tythis, Ras Kalik learnt why the bandits accosted him. The racist Dunmer was providing slaves as soldiers for the Three Banner War. The bandits were trying to negotiate a lucrative ransom for Andromo and the Imperials.... Kalik did not need any of this gold and he could never set Tythis free as he did with the two Imperial soldiers. His past involvement with slavery and war crimes, made Kalik's blood boil. He chose not to execute Tythis, as he figured the worse punishment for this former rich and opulent slave owner, is to now be an imprisoned servant for Ras Kalik and the tribe.

Herzog Zwei the Genesis a reknown Imperial/Akavirri battle-mage. His roots going back to Akavir through his mother’s bloodline. (His mother is descended from the Akaviri, through Versidue-Shae, and his Imperial father met her in Hakoshae, while traveling) Herzog earned the nickname "the Genesis" from his father as a child, as he was his mother's first born child, and last, as she tragically died in child-birth.

Herzog was seeking to purchase an artifact from Cinan Tharn, before their capture and was meeting Tyrus while in Rimmen, who introduced him to Cinan. This artifact being the Ayelid artifact; the sword Sinweaver. After their rescue and the exchange of gold to Cinan for the sword he decided to slip away before Ras Kalik could question who he was, and why the Akavir descendant really wanted that sword. Herzog was headed to Nagastani — An Ayleid ruin in eastern Cyrodiil. He had read in scrolls that the Sword would give him magical powers to meet his mothers spirit, if he performed an Ayleid ritual at an old shrine hidden there. Equipped with the artifact sword, he was off to start his own adventure but Ras Kalik, did indeed notice the sword however and instead sent a letter to Jux Blackheart (whom also was interested in Ayleid treasures), to attempt to find Herzog and acquire the sword. (*Azani Blackheart in Elder Scroll's Oblivion is Jux's descendant some 747 years later)

And so the Redguard, Imperial and Akaviri men parted ways ... While Ras Kalik went off to Elsweyr to encounter the latest threat to Tamriel, with Abnur Tharn and Sai Sahan - - DRAGONS!! Little did Ras Kalik know a few people were awaiting him in Senchal besides Sai. A necromancer survived his attack on the Withered Hand, while in Alik'r. The necromancer known as Auriek Siet'ka is also following him to the land of the Khajiits and Cacique the Sage of Ius a Shaman mystic who has become attuned spiritually with Tu'whacca (a Redguard God) and Ius (the Animal God), after being burned severely by the escaped dragons in Elsywer, is awaiting his arrival also. Aurik is a soldier of the Daggerfall Covenant that was introduced to necromancy while in the military, even though this magicka art is not spoken of openly by most of the Military leaders. He came to Alik'r and worked with the Withered Hand before Ras Kalik intervened on their plans. After the defeat of the Withered Hand, he aligned with the Worm Cult, and is constantly adapting and perfecting his necromantic arts.

After his journey to Rimmen, Kalik heads south to Senchal, in the southern regions of Elyswer. This new adventure will also put him on a path to meet a strange Redguard man. The stranger which was infected with an untreated Peyrite disease and also was the exiled from the Order of the New Moon cult, due to his sickness. He originally joined the cult to worship Laatvulon, the green dragon, mistakenly thinking it was the Daedric prince Peyrite. This confused and suffering cultist is known as Tsar al-Bomba and he is on a path to spread the disease. He was originally infected in Orccrest while recruiting members there. Can Ras Kalik and the shaman Cacique cure this poor soul, only time will tell. Little does Tsar al-Bomba know, that his infection is tied to Vampirism, and eventually the desire for blood will take over his mind. Senchal also offers Kalik his latest love interest... Aeliah. Whom he fondly led thru battles with the Dragonguard.

After the trek thru the heat, tropical and desert climate of Northern and Southern Elyswer, Ras Kalik heads north to the cold mountain range of Skyrim. His companion friend Lyris beckons for him with a letter sent by crow...

Movárth Piquine - a former vampire hunter (now infected), within the Fighter's Guild (and a secretive necromancer) was in Skyrim working with the Morthaal Guard. On a patrol mission he was caught in Frewien's ice curse outside of Morthaal with the frozen undead. Movárth's vampiric infection kept him from becoming an undead minion to the curse. He was able to use necromantic ice-magic to encase himself safely until he was freed with Freiwen, when the Vestige Ras Kalik broke the curse.

Uri Ice-Heart - brother of Urfon Ice-Heart. The twin sons of Atli and Oljourn Ice-Heart. The Ice-Heart family are originally from Markarth but now reside on the Jerall Mountain range near Cyrodiil, with their younger sister Araki. The twins had joined the Winterborn Reachmen while living in Markarth. Urfon pushed west to Orsinium with the Winterborn Clan, leaving his family behind. Uri stayed behind with his parents and sister to live in the family cabin for safety, avoiding the Vampire plague infiltrating the Reach. After news reaches him and he hears of Urfon's death... Uri leaves and heads home and is seeking vengeance. Meanwhile, his sister has also moved on to Windhelm to join the Fighter's guild. He will visit his sister, once before going to seek vengeance and she will craft him armor mixed with ice, called Stalhrim armor. Uri fearing death, after his brother's passing, falls victim to the convincing talk of Movárth at a Nordic tavern, and will also becomes a vampire.

{time moves forward through the hour-glass}
    PS5/NA - Ras Kalik a Redguard Templar - Daggerfall Covenant • 1550+ Champion

• RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    Langdon64 wrote: »
    No. I think players should take responsibility for their pets instead of asking ZOS to change something. It is the players who are at fault.

How, by removing pets from bars and then re-adding them over and over?
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One thing they did in FF XIV after creating a huge Bahamut pet for the Summoner was make a setting to allow players to set the size they saw. This game setting allowed the owning player and other players to set the look to their own preference. Might be a thought for ESO to add a show, don't show other player combat pets that also allows them to be click through.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution, both in and out of combat, is to make player combat pets untargetable. If they can’t be targeted they won’t inhibit other player’s ability to interact with game assets.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, leave them be. They are fine.
    I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

You do not want to flog a dead horse yet you create another thread on the subject.

For the same reason Zos did not reply to previous threads I do not expect them to choose this one to make a comment. It is just not that big of an issue. In the rare case, a pet is blocking our way a step to one side or another often remedies the issue. I say that from over 40 hours of playtime per week since the March 2014 launch of this game.

I made clear in the same bit you quoted why I made the poll despite it being an already popular complaint here on the forum, I mentioned I've never seen any response from ZoS, which is odd, considering the world of difference it would make to so many people for such a small change to the game. I know you like to say what ZoS will and won't comment on all the time, but I'd rather see for myself if that's okay with you.

I think it's good for the community (at least those that frequent the forums) to let ZoS really know what they want regarding this topic. Who knows, perhaps this will be the thread which makes them consider a change and even a response.

It's perfectly fine if you feel the flapper is okay as it is, I respect your opinion. But I ask you this, would you be opposed to it being scaled down slightly just to make others happy, or is there a reason you feel it should stay the size it is?

I thought I made it very clear I had noticed that comment when I noted that Zos will still avoid commenting on the issue because it is a very small issue.

LOL at "flapper".

I do not think Zos needs to bother with this at all. It is petty and few have an issue with it because it is not a real problem. Some people just like to make a big deal out of trivial things.

Well I would not say it's necessarily a "problem" either. More of an annoyance, an annoyance that does not really have to be there.

Yes, the rare times this occurs is can be a very minor annoyance and as you state it is not really a problem. So not really worth Zos to be concerned with which is probably why they do not find it worthwhile to comment in threads on the subject. The poll, pointless. Many that fine this such a trivial issue are not going to bother spending time on the poll for the same reason.

It being a minor or major annoyance depends on the individual. For me and many others it's quite a major annoyance.

You contradict yourself, greatly. You specifically say it is not necessarily a problem and not it is a major annoyance.

I do find it interesting that after 6 years playing this game it is extremely rare someone's pet has been even the slightest issue. Even in those rare instances a step to one side or the other completely remedied the situation without Zos having to intervene. I guess some people have bad RNG or very low tolerance to such trivial occurrences. Either way, I doubt Zos comments on the issue here as it is not really a problem and you expressed agreement with that.

Have a good day. Enjoy the game and try taking a step to one side or the other to avoid that pesky little pet.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Triple size please.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do find it interesting that after 6 years playing this game it is extremely rare someone's pet has been even the slightest issue. Even in those rare instances a step to one side or the other completely remedied the situation without Zos having to intervene.

Same here. My pets get in my way a lot more than pets belonging to other players. This interference never happens in places like crafting stations or writ drop off locations. It usually happens after a combat when my pet seems to run and stand on what I am trying to loot.

This is why I want pets to be transparent, at least as far as interacting with stuff that is behind them. I cannot click on my pet and interact with it. If it is between me and something I do want to interact with, then I should be able to interact with that thing.

This is also why I run an anti-malware add-on to prevent a certain add-on writer from dismissing my pets because he feels that I should do that.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still love there to be reskin options of them :) I'm sure they could come up with great alternative models that are not winged twilights, while of course retaining the same functionality.

That or if, as mentioned before, they would sit down in between, at the very least while not moving and being out of combat.
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭

From what I've seen on these forums, most people seem to be in favor of perhaps toning down the size of the flapper and most would probably agree they get very annoying very quickly.

I wanted to make a poll so we could get an idea just how many people would like to see something done about it. Please ZoS, if you could scale them down a tad, I'd be very happy. I can't imagine it would even be a difficult task to perform, but it would be a huge improvement to the game, in my opinion.

So let them know what you want.

I am indifferent about it. The bear gets in the way more then sorc oets. They just need to make it so they xant obstruct interactions
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • RD065
    RD065
    ✭✭✭✭
    jircris11 wrote: »

From what I've seen on these forums, most people seem to be in favor of perhaps toning down the size of the flapper and most would probably agree they get very annoying very quickly.

I wanted to make a poll so we could get an idea just how many people would like to see something done about it. Please ZoS, if you could scale them down a tad, I'd be very happy. I can't imagine it would even be a difficult task to perform, but it would be a huge improvement to the game, in my opinion.

So let them know what you want.

I am indifferent about it. The bear gets in the way more then sorc oets. They just need to make it so they xant obstruct interactions

Agree my bear can be an annoyance.
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    or just auto desummon when entering into "city", "town" etc zone

That might not even be needed if they just made them smaller. Making them vanish when in cities/towns still does not solve the problem of them being hugely annoying for the rest of the time (from the perspective of the pet sorc or other people close to them)

But yeah, as a side note, i'd be in favor of that as well as long as it was additional to scaling down.

@Neoealth Edziu's suggestion is should of satiated your issue. Seeing you disagree, just reinforces @idk points tbh.

There are many offenders beyond sorcerers, including less civil players themselves. If it is such a bother to you, just do writs at the guildhall or house on crafting stations there, problem solved. :)

Forum polls are biased at the root.

We do not know how many people have multiple accounts or people that are grouped together for certain nerf agendas. Not to mention, those that have quit playing and are just salty with an agenda themselves.

Meep
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you like if Winged Twilight stand on ground in such pose instead of flying around when you stay still?
    ON-creature-Winged_Twilight.jpg

They do such animation in Morrowind previously
    HarNaH4.jpg

I am glad game companies are starting to take into consideration there is more then just a male audience.

Now they just need to make more sexy male NPCs uwu....
  • ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You realize if they do this they will break sorc for 6-9 months
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It’s more than just accessing doors/merchants. That’s easily remedied by moving a bit anyway. It’s that they sometimes block view in already chaotic trial dps scenarios, where stuff can be hard to see without people’s bears, birds, and dinos in my face. I can’t exactly move a couple meters to the side in some of those situations.

rip decibel
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

LOL at "flapper".

You contradict yourself, greatly. You specifically say it is not necessarily a problem and not it is a major annoyance.

I do find it interesting that after 6 years playing this game it is extremely rare someone's pet has been even the slightest issue. Even in those rare instances a step to one side or the other completely remedied the situation without Zos having to intervene. I guess some people have bad RNG or very low tolerance to such trivial occurrences. Either way, I doubt Zos comments on the issue here as it is not really a problem and you expressed agreement with that.

Have a good day. Enjoy the game and try taking a step to one side or the other to avoid that pesky little pet.

I was just down playing it slightly because I'm not a overly dramatic person. It is a problem in the sense that I've already stated. Not being able to loot, target things properly. But mostly it's an annoyance. As in it's flapping in my face and blocking my view. It's jot hard to understand and I don't see how thats a contradiction actually.

But I'm not interested in getting into a pointless tangent over terms. I'm more interested in seeing what the community thinks via the poll and for ZoS to make a comment. Even it's just to say they have no plans to shrink the size of the pet. Even that would be better than total silence.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That might not even be needed if they just made them smaller. Making them vanish when in cities/towns still does not solve the problem of them being hugely annoying for the rest of the time (from the perspective of the pet sorc or other people close to them)

But yeah, as a side note, i'd be in favor of that as well as long as it was additional to scaling down.

@Neoealth Edziu's suggestion is should of satiated your issue. Seeing you disagree, just reinforces @idk points tbh.

There are many offenders beyond sorcerers, including less civil players themselves. If it is such a bother to you, just do writs at the guildhall or house on crafting stations there, problem solved. :)

We do not know how many people have multiple accounts or people that are grouped together for certain nerf agendas. Not to mention, those that have quit playing and are just salty with an agenda themselves.

Meep

You seem to be implying the problem only exists in towns and cities. Believe it or not the issues with the pet follow you, well because the pet follows you! And just to be clear, i didn't disagree with his suggestion. Try reading what I wrote again. I was saying pets being dismissed in cities would be a thing id like but only if they also made the pet smaller as well.
    Edited by Neoealth on February 29, 2020 6:05PM
  • Ri_Khan
    Ri_Khan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd love to be able to turn off players' pets like we have the option in settings to turn off ally ability effects.
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ri_Khan wrote: »
    I'd love to be able to turn off players' pets like we have the option in settings to turn off ally ability effects.

That would be a good feature, yes. It should apply to vanity pets as well...
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • NocturnalSonata
      NocturnalSonata
      ✭✭✭
      As a petsorc main. Flappy annoys me greatly. Seeing its flapping wings appear on screen is aneurysm inducing. I would more than happily take a size reduction or visual change. I see this as a + in every conceivable way.

Incidentally people who say its a non issue, clearly never do any trials or pvp, like ever. Just hit a trial with 5 petsorc and get back to me if the visual impact is still a non issue. The less said about pvp the better.
    • Juhasow
      Juhasow
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      They should rethink matriarch heal value.
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at "flapper".

and I noted some people might be more sensitive to such trivial and rare occurrences. However, Zos should not bend to every little thing that annoys some players.

Besides, even you said you would not say it's necessarily a problem. Those are your words in context.
    • xXMeowMeowXx
      xXMeowMeowXx
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Meep

You seem to be implying the problem only exists in towns and cities. Believe it or not the issues with the pet follow you, well because the pet follows you! And just to be clear, i didn't disagree with his suggestion. Try reading what I wrote again. I was saying pets being dismissed in cities would be a thing id like but only if they also made the pet smaller as well.

I did read it. There is no reason to make it smaller, that would be silly. Players want a bear not a cub, duels, fancy mounts, non combat pets, etc....

Zoom your camera out, problem solved.

I have played this game and got my cute monkey as a thank you. Even tanking the hardest content, sorcs were never an issue. I found another class’s ability to be a visual inconvenience but adjusted to it np’ with in a day or two.

The latest update has crippled cyro and is a real problem in PvE, as well. If you keep getting disconnected and burst is clunky in PvP how can you enjoy anything....just sayin’ that is where ZoS’ resources need to be
      Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on February 29, 2020 7:23PM
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at "flapper".

Well I would not say it's necessarily a "problem"

Just for reference to the last post.
    • xXMeowMeowXx
      xXMeowMeowXx
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at "flapper".

Yh I read it, that’s why I said this

I did read it. There is no reason to make it smaller, that would be silly. Players want a bear not a cub, duels, fancy mounts, non combat pets, etc....

The other is my two cents
      Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on February 29, 2020 7:27PM
    • idk
      idk
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at "flapper".

LOL. That quote was really for the post I made just before your previous post.

I just thought I would point out to others looking at our posts that OP has actually said in this thread that this is not so much a problem even though they have claimed in other posts since then that this is now a problem.
    • xXMeowMeowXx
      xXMeowMeowXx
      ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at "flapper".

LOL. That quote was really for the post I made just before your previous post.

I just thought I would point out to others looking at our posts that OP has actually said in this thread that this is not so much a problem even though they have claimed in other posts since then that this is now a problem.

:D yh sorry !! rn I am a feisty woman trying to make it through work without caffeine, lol.