Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ZoS finally listen to players about the size of the Sorc's Matriarch/Tormentor pet?

Neoealth
Neoealth
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

From what I've seen on these forums, most people seem to be in favor of perhaps toning down the size of the flapper and most would probably agree they get very annoying very quickly.

I wanted to make a poll so we could get an idea just how many people would like to see something done about it. Please ZoS, if you could scale them down a tad, I'd be very happy. I can't imagine it would even be a difficult task to perform, but it would be a huge improvement to the game, in my opinion.

So let them know what you want.

Should ZoS finally listen to players about the size of the Sorc's Matriarch/Tormentor pet? 302 votes

Yes, please make the Matriarch/Tormentor pet smaller.
63%
sonwon.1_ESOGilvothhuntgod_ESOItsMeTooSuddwrathcalitrumanb14_ESOKesstrylFaulgorAelorinalainjbrennanb16_ESOAlienSlofAurielleEvilspockJasonSilverSpringgrefCronopolyMalmaiAektannZunaRoathxenowarrior92eb17_ESO 191 votes
No, leave them be. They are fine.
23%
BlueRavenJoy_Divisiondaryl.rasmusenb14_ESOimno007b14_ESOKendaricScardyFoxkenneth.friisb16_ESOidkkojouEldartarSaelentAhPook_Is_HereleeuxdaemoniospreeviousKnightpantherOtarTheMadGarishVahrokhEmirrii 71 votes
Other (Leave explanation)
13%
GreevirGythralNaftaljircris11LinaleahCaffeinatedMayhemKawikiEdziuRobo_HobopriforceThorvargReverbkalunteRex-UmbraitscomptonLilly_ElessaRaddlemanNumber7Karivaamax_onlyKonstant_Tel_Necris 40 votes
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoealth wrote: »
    I know this is by far not a new subject to talk about. I don't want to flog a dead horse but I never really noticed any official response from ZoS on the subject of the sorc's pet size (the flapper)

You do not want to flog a dead horse yet you create another thread on the subject.

For the same reason Zos did not reply to previous threads I do not expect them to choose this one to make a comment. It is just not that big of an issue. In the rare case, a pet is blocking our way a step to one side or another often remedies the issue. I say that from over 40 hours of playtime per week since the March 2014 launch of this game.
  • preevious
    preevious
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Their size are nice, suspension of disbelief is important.

What we'd need is maybe that they turn invisible inside hubs. To make this non-exploitable, duels would also be impossible inside said hubs.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The poll isn’t really asking the same question as the title.

It presupposes that players want the sorc pets to be smaller.

I would really like ZOS to take into account the views of players without presupposing that either I know what players want or that what I want is the majority or ‘best’ view.

Personally I think sorc pets should be smaller, more akin to the necro heal pet. And they should be reskinned so they don’t look absolutely tragic.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »

You do not want to flog a dead horse yet you create another thread on the subject.

For the same reason Zos did not reply to previous threads I do not expect them to choose this one to make a comment. It is just not that big of an issue. In the rare case, a pet is blocking our way a step to one side or another often remedies the issue. I say that from over 40 hours of playtime per week since the March 2014 launch of this game.

I made clear in the same bit you quoted why I made the poll despite it being an already popular complaint here on the forum, I mentioned I've never seen any response from ZoS, which is odd, considering the world of difference it would make to so many people for such a small change to the game. I know you like to say what ZoS will and won't comment on all the time, but I'd rather see for myself if that's okay with you.

I think it's good for the community (at least those that frequent the forums) to let ZoS really know what they want regarding this topic. Who knows, perhaps this will be the thread which makes them consider a change and even a response.

It's perfectly fine if you feel the flapper is okay as it is, I respect your opinion. But I ask you this, would you be opposed to it being scaled down slightly just to make others happy, or is there a reason you feel it should stay the size it is?

• Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    FierceSam wrote: »
    The poll isn’t really asking the same question as the title.

It presupposes that players want the sorc pets to be smaller.

I would really like ZOS to take into account the views of players without presupposing that either I know what players want or that what I want is the majority or ‘best’ view.

Personally I think sorc pets should be smaller, more akin to the necro heal pet. And they should be reskinned so they don’t look absolutely tragic.

Yes I know, I realized that after making the poll. My bad. Hopefully people get the idea though.

And yes I agree, a re-skin would be a good thing also. But the main thing is the size of the damn thing!
    Edited by Neoealth on February 29, 2020 1:23PM
  • JanTanhide
    JanTanhide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love ole Flappy but yeah, it is a bit too big. For me the worst is when it gets in front of me and blocks my view in combat. Arg.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    But it will never happen! (cant milk it for shareholders brownie points or cash)

& the wardens bear needs to be much much smaller

all about the size of a torchbug, along with all the other pet's :tired_face:

But it just aint gonna happen...
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    or just auto desummon when entering into "city", "town" etc zone
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Edziu wrote: »
    or just auto desummon when entering into "city", "town" etc zone

That might not even be needed if they just made them smaller. Making them vanish when in cities/towns still does not solve the problem of them being hugely annoying for the rest of the time (from the perspective of the pet sorc or other people close to them)

But yeah, as a side note, i'd be in favor of that as well as long as it was additional to scaling down.
  • oxygen_thief
    oxygen_thief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it would be great to have an ability to change model of your pet. i would like to have a small device flying above like in destiny 2
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What’s a tormentor never seen one of those before. On a serious note sorc pets should be the size of a wisp.
  • Lilly_Elessa
    Lilly_Elessa
    ✭✭✭
    Solution for everyone: Sell us pet skins, like the warden grey bear skin. Just, you know, not reskins-only. Different models, and sell them to us. They can still be setting friendly, not even asking to turn the pets into absurd things! Just smaller, friendlier models! Or you can reuse existing other models; Like give us the atronach skins for Sorc pets, or a kagouti for warden! Those might not be smaller, but the variation would help a little.
    It's not just the size of the Matriarch that's annoying, it's the flapping animation that grates on you after hours. Or the fact that there are so few pets with no variation to them, but they are EVERYWHERE.

Alternative: Put a toggle in the options to simply turn off seeing pets that aren't yours. Go extra credit mode, and give an option after that to see the pets of people in your party only (but still not anyone else's).
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I made clear in the same bit you quoted why I made the poll despite it being an already popular complaint here on the forum, I mentioned I've never seen any response from ZoS, which is odd, considering the world of difference it would make to so many people for such a small change to the game. I know you like to say what ZoS will and won't comment on all the time, but I'd rather see for myself if that's okay with you.

I think it's good for the community (at least those that frequent the forums) to let ZoS really know what they want regarding this topic. Who knows, perhaps this will be the thread which makes them consider a change and even a response.

It's perfectly fine if you feel the flapper is okay as it is, I respect your opinion. But I ask you this, would you be opposed to it being scaled down slightly just to make others happy, or is there a reason you feel it should stay the size it is?

I thought I made it very clear I had noticed that comment when I noted that Zos will still avoid commenting on the issue because it is a very small issue.

LOL at "flapper".

I do not think Zos needs to bother with this at all. It is petty and few have an issue with it because it is not a real problem. Some people just like to make a big deal out of trivial things.
    Edited by idk on February 29, 2020 1:53PM
  • Dark_Lord_Kuro
    Dark_Lord_Kuro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are fine
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want sorc pets and warden bear to be criminal acts.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like what the bird does. Hate that it is always flapping in my face. I hate other players birds flapping in my face. It is very annoying.
  • Edziu
    Edziu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solution for everyone: Sell us pet skins.......

better solution xD
    just fix their targeting/texures so we can finally interract with enviorment behind/on them :|
  • RefLiberty
    RefLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it is a beating a dead horse.
    There was a numerous threads and polls about it and resize always won.
    This subject needs to be actual all the time until Zos finally say to community what is their plan.
    So yeah, is t is good that OP opened 999 thread about this, subject should not be forgotten in depths of this forum.
    Edited by RefLiberty on February 29, 2020 2:33PM
  • miawmiaw1337
    miawmiaw1337
    ✭✭✭
    sorc pet reskins and choosable sizes would be so amazing
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I thought I made it very clear I had noticed that comment when I noted that Zos will still avoid commenting on the issue because it is a very small issue.

LOL at "flapper".

I do not think Zos needs to bother with this at all. It is petty and few have an issue with it because it is not a real problem. Some people just like to make a big deal out of trivial things.

Well I would not say it's necessarily a "problem" either. More of an annoyance, an annoyance that does not really have to be there. Although it can create the problem of getting in the way of looting, targeting and just generally getting in the players face with it's wings. Yes "flappy" wings :-p

As for it being "petty" and "few have issue with it" I don't believe that to be true, everyone I've spoken to about it has agreed the pet is far too large and obstructive. And judging my the poll result so far, more people seem to agree it needs to be smaller. Although admittedly the number of total voters is still quite low.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Size is not the issue. Placement is the issue.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL at "flapper".

Well I would not say it's necessarily a "problem" either. More of an annoyance, an annoyance that does not really have to be there.

Yes, the rare times this occurs is can be a very minor annoyance and as you state it is not really a problem. So not really worth Zos to be concerned with which is probably why they do not find it worthwhile to comment in threads on the subject. The poll, pointless. Many that fine this such a trivial issue are not going to bother spending time on the poll for the same reason.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't the size that causes the problem as much as to how close the pet stays to the player's character. This is a problem with quest companion NPCs as well. For both there needs to be more space between the player and pet/NPC. For pets there also needs to be a pet control bar so we can park them out of the way or in the case of the matriarch away from AoE splashes, etc.
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Imagine complaining about this like it's an actual issue.

I've played this game for almost 5 years and have never once been annoyed by the size of the flapper.
  • DustyWarehouse
    DustyWarehouse
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe have it scale down and sit on the player's shoulder when not in combat. In combat, it is fine.

Same with the warden bear, and anything else that might block another player from interacting with something (NPC, crafting station, etc.)

And for non-combat pets, I'd like to have a setting that turns off my ability to see other player's pets altogether. They can have their pony running along behind them, but I don't want to see it.
  • Sephyr
    Sephyr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They should be a crime to have out in towns. Half the time I can't even side step because they're literally right ON top of the thing I'm trying to interact with. You don't need them in banks. You don't need them to turn in writs. Get rid of them.
  • Twenty0zTsunami
    Twenty0zTsunami
    ✭✭✭✭
    I vote other: give necromancers summons that aren't nukes in disguise.
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bigger! o:)
  • SHANKS_63
    SHANKS_63
    ✭✭
    I loved the spell "Tiny Companion" in EQ so you could have a large pet, or shrink them down.
  • Konstant_Tel_Necris
    Konstant_Tel_Necris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you like if Winged Twilight stand on ground in such pose instead of flying around when you stay still?
    ON-creature-Winged_Twilight.jpg

They do such animation in Morrowind previously
    HarNaH4.jpg