Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should ZoS finally listen to players about the size of the Sorc's Matriarch/Tormentor pet?

• Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Other (Leave explanation)
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    I want to keep my pets exactly the size they are. Maybe have other players not see them or resize them on their client. But not in mine.

Should always be optional.

Can't have people, who don't even play the class, dictating what other people should have, whether they like it, or not.
  • fierackas
    fierackas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Auto unsummon when near crafting areas, banks etc
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please make the Matriarch/Tormentor pet smaller.
    ScardyFox wrote: »
    You realize if they do this they will break sorc for 6-9 months

I'm ok with that.
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason pets used to be OP in battlegrounds, is due to their size and you can't target the player. Idk if this is still an issue, I been away long time.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • seerevaloc
    seerevaloc
    ✭✭✭
    Settings -> Gameplay ->
    [ X ] Hide pets when not in combat.
    [period]
    Edited by seerevaloc on March 2, 2020 1:06PM
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The reason pets used to be OP in battlegrounds, is due to their size and you can't target the player. Idk if this is still an issue, I been away long time.

As far as my experience goes, this is still true. They get in the way of everything.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »
    Vahrokh wrote: »
    I want to keep my pets exactly the size they are. Maybe have other players not see them or resize them on their client. But not in mine.

Should always be optional.

Can't have people, who don't even play the class, dictating what other people should have, whether they like it, or not.

When the way people play their class impacts my enjoyment with huge flappy monstrosities in my face, I have every right to suggest some sort of change.
  • krachall
    krachall
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either give us a “hide all pets” option (honestly, I don’t want to see your mon-combat pets either)

Or

Make sorc pets non-collision like players and non-combat pets.

But will ZOS do anything? Nope. The problem has been here since launch and all they’ve done is make it worse when they added Warden bears.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    fierackas wrote: »
    Auto unsummon when near crafting areas, banks etc

I know that people think that this is the answer, but really, it isn't the answer. This doesn't fix the problem, outside of the narrow problem that people in the forum complain about. When a pet is in my way, it is my pet and I am trying to interact with a resource node or dead body. Both completely out of sight from the nearest crafting area or bank.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Kawiki
    Kawiki
    ✭✭✭

Other - Get rid of pets completely. I despise them.

Ok mostly kidding, but I would not shed a tear if they got rid of them. If that is not a possibility then definitely make them smaller.
  • Evilspock
    Evilspock
    ✭✭✭✭
    Petsorcs are cancer, and sadly the meta because they are op and without them sorc damage and survivability aren’t even close. When I think of sorcerer, I don’t think of someone running around with two summoned pets all the time. I think of elemental damage. Replace the whole skill line with fire abilities like fireball.
    🖖 @EvilSpock |PC/NA| ✦ Guildmaster: Vulcan Commandos |AD| ✦ https://youtube.com/@vulcan_commando
  • shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would pay real money to buy bounty certificates that would allow me to kill pets.
  • SpaceElf
    SpaceElf
    ✭✭✭
    Evilspock wrote: »
    Petsorcs are cancer, and sadly the meta because they are op and without them sorc damage and survivability aren’t even close. When I think of sorcerer, I don’t think of someone running around with two summoned pets all the time. I think of elemental damage. Replace the whole skill line with fire abilities like fireball.

I do far more damage than any of my pets. It takes them forever to kill something on their own, unless it's my storm atronach ultimate. I have them up in combat for aggro (while I deal out DPS in the background) and healing. That doesn't mean we can't make it better for everyone else- but removing sorc pets are not necessary to solve the problems inherent to them.
    Edited by SpaceElf on March 2, 2020 9:32PM
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make them invisible to all but the summoner
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Pet sorcs are not the meta.
    2. Pet sorcs are not cancer.
    3. Pet sorcs are not OP.
    4. Matriarch should indeed be reduced in size. That is something sorcs and sorc-haters should both be able to agree on.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Pet sorcs are not the meta.
    2. Pet sorcs are not cancer.
    3. Pet sorcs are not OP.
    4. Matriarch should indeed be reduced in size. That is something sorcs and sorc-haters should both be able to agree on.

For your last point. Indeed you would think so wouldn't you. But no there are some who bizarrely and stubbornly say no to this small easy change, who just dismiss it as petty simply because it does not affect them. I've read through the posts of the people who answered no, and they state their reason as it just being a non issue for them and there are better more important things to fix or for ZoS to worry about. I asked one of them if they would be opposed to the change if it made the rest of us happy and didn't bother you anyway, and was met with silence.

I would say that judging from the poll and my years playing this game and collecting opinions on this from people in the game that this is not a petty non issue,the people who claim that are dead wrong. There are enough players who are annoyed and distracted by this sorc pet (especially the sorcs themselves) to warrant a response (at least) from ZoS.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rex-Umbra wrote: »
    Make them invisible to all but the summoner

But how does that fix the problem for the summoner? The pet sorc is the main person who is pestered by the pet, your solution only fixes half of the problem. And what about PVP, you would be getting hit by invisible pets. Unless you meant in towns only. That I could live with, but we would still require them to be scaled down in size.
  • dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If the size changes, it has to be optional and up to each player to decide how big or small their pet will be.

an ancient game, Everquest literally had a spell which could shrink your pet. why not just build that functionality into ESO?

I can't wait for the mini pocket bears ferociously mauling my enemies.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just make all pets 'transparent' so to speak, like characters are, so that they cannot block inter-actable objects/npcs

IMHO

:#
  • Kendaric
    Kendaric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No, leave them be. They are fine.
    barney2525 wrote: »
    Just make all pets 'transparent' so to speak, like characters are, so that they cannot block inter-actable objects/npcs

IMHO

:#

^This.

Or give us an option under "Settings > Gameplay < Scale player pets (25%) <--> (100%)".
    That way those of us who like their pets the way the are can keep them as they are now.
    Edited by Kendaric on March 3, 2020 11:33AM
      PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!. Outfit slots not being accountwide is ridiculous given their price. PC EU/PC NA roleplayer and solo PvE quester
    • SpaceElf
      SpaceElf
      ✭✭✭
      dazee wrote: »
      If the size changes, it has to be optional and up to each player to decide how big or small their pet will be.

an ancient game, Everquest literally had a spell which could shrink your pet. why not just build that functionality into ESO?

I can't wait for the mini pocket bears ferociously mauling my enemies.

EQ2 even gave pets their own command bar. Super useful. I was surprised to see that ESO didn't have it.
    • Thorvarg
      Thorvarg
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Will we ever get a answer from ZOS? Just to show that we aren't totally ignored. Over the years there were many threads regarding the flapping sh.., but we never got any answer, not one time! :/

Edited by Thorvarg on March 7, 2020 7:30AM
    • RefLiberty
      RefLiberty
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      I would replace flapper with small Watcher model.
      Of course not a standard size Watcher but mini version like the pet is.
      Small, hovering silently, no big wings and flapping. Also I think it is not hard to implement, just switching the 3d model, no further tampering with gameplay required