The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

2 crashs in 10 minutes / 4 in 1 hour/ 10 in 2 hours : good job!

• Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have crashed a few times randomly since Update 25 and wasn't crashing before the update. However, because they seem so random (mostly in Stormhold while doing my daily writs on all my characters - standing by the writ board; riding towards the turn in; etc) it is pretty hard to know why. Also, I have loads of addons running and I don't seem to be crashing on my main when playing for long periods (which would be when testing without addons would be perfect...but not crashing with them on right now lol).

Hope you can trace down the source of the crashes, they seem to be inconveniencing others more than me, but given how random they are, hope not too much of a wild goose chase!
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The Elder Crashes Offline
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are more crashes i dont have as many as the OP but before i almost never had crashes before and now some times taking a shrine crashes mem and almost every sinlge time i close the game it crashes
  • spectre303
    spectre303
    ✭✭✭
    Lysette wrote: »
    Well,, Gina said they are working on it and gave even an ETA - early next week - now let them do their work,

Maybe they could have done their work BEFORE THEY MADE EVERYONE DOWNLOAD A BROKEN 50GB PATCH.

We do not pay a monthly sub to be beta testers. We waited 5 years for a desperately needed performance upgrade and when it finally lands its some kind of Orwellian doublespeak "performance upgrade" that literally ruins performance. We do not need to subsidize their incompetence. Whose getting fired? How are you going to avoid these issues in future patches? How was a broken patch allowed to go live? What is wrong in the company culture that allows a product to be so horribly managed? ZOS needs to take some responsibility for their unacceptable performance and actually make changes to fix the endless problems they keep creating. Instead they blame their volunteer add-on developers and release new vanity crown store items.
    Ebonheart Pact ♦ NA ♦ CP 2230
    Ra'Sta ♦ ♛Sergeant Stadanko ♦ ♛Napolèon Dynamite ♦ Brunhilda the Green ♦ ♛Call me Al ♦ Joe ♦ Stadanko's Ghost
    Jan-Michael Vincent ♦ Mòrty ♦ Redmer ♦ Durban Diesel ♦ ♛ßecky ♦ Stadanko Jr ♦ Lòzen ♦ Guillermo De la Cruz ♦ Gìnger ♦ Rasta ♦ Gozer
  • Roztlin45
    Roztlin45
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Begging ZO$ to fix this Hot Mess , not going to happen. Just move on. They don't care , why should I?
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spectre303 wrote: »
    Well,, Gina said they are working on it and gave even an ETA - early next week - now let them do their work,

Maybe they could have done their work BEFORE THEY MADE EVERYONE DOWNLOAD A BROKEN 50GB PATCH.

We do not pay a monthly sub to be beta testers. We waited 5 years for a desperately needed performance upgrade and when it finally lands its some kind of Orwellian doublespeak "performance upgrade" that literally ruins performance. We do not need to subsidize their incompetence. Whose getting fired? How are you going to avoid these issues in future patches? How was a broken patch allowed to go live? What is wrong in the company culture that allows a product to be so horribly managed? ZOS needs to take some responsibility for their unacceptable performance and actually make changes to fix the endless problems they keep creating. Instead they blame their volunteer add-on developers and release new vanity crown store items.

I hate to sound like a white knight because I'm just as annoyed as everyone else.

However, sometimes things can't be adequately tested in a test environment vs the live server because of load difference.

Something could be fine under the low load of the test environment but cause problems when it goes live on the loaded server.

Since this is a massive recoding, it is sort of a stress test. Since it largely involved cleaning up the code, you would think it would have been easier on the server, not harder though........

It's probably some stupid little thing that got overlooked.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Preach
    Edited by TheFM on February 27, 2020 6:55PM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

I hate to sound like a white knight because I'm just as annoyed as everyone else.

However, sometimes things can't be adequately tested in a test environment vs the live server because of load difference.

Something could be fine under the low load of the test environment but cause problems when it goes live on the loaded server.

Since this is a massive recoding, it is sort of a stress test. Since it largely involved cleaning up the code, you would think it would have been easier on the server, not harder though........

Well its really cause and effect, they have a tendency not to listen to what the pts players say, sometimes they do, but more often they do not, so people, over the years have gotten jaded even thinking about doing the pts. They need to encourage more people to do pts by listening to the testers feedback and not letting broken things go live.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crashed again. This time during a fight. Keeps getting better and better...

I quit for today. Spent more time loading the game after crashes than playing.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Happened to me yesterday, since then I'm not going to step a foot in Cyrodiil, and without Cyrodiil this game is meaningless for me :) That's why I renew my sub every month, so I can quit whenever I want without worrying that I have payed for another year ;)
    Edited by Mayrael on February 27, 2020 8:57PM
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • maikib16_ESO
    maikib16_ESO
    ✭✭
    Just to update everyone on the current status, we are now testing some fixes for a number of the crashes you're running into both for PvE and Cyrodiil. Unfortunately due to the nature of the issues and the subsequent fixes, these cannot be hotfixed, but will instead be going into our next incremental patch. We know this is frustrating, and we want to get this fixed as quickly as possible. As long as the fixes pass QA, you can expect to see them early next week.

We'll continue to provide daily updates as we receive more information, both here and in the pinned Known Issues thread.

Hi Gina,

I am sorry to tell you but when u announced on Twitch that things would go better for PvP many of us believed that things would actually work. You have failed us sadly. And please don t go blaming the addons cause people crash WITHOUT addons and also spending this week a lot of time in Murkmire with many people around doing bosses not even 1 crashes. The crashes here in Cyrodiil happen all the time : porting to a keep, arriving at a keep with a mount, during sieges etc. FIND A SOLUTION FAST, you have ruined PvP for us and the entire area is UNPLAYABLE. Pact players refuse to log in if things go on like this. Oh and actually it s IMPOSSIBLE to give u details after the crash happens cause the submit page vanishes quite fast. So good luck with that too.
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total of 10 minutes and then crashed. Guess I’ll be finishing my book tonight...

We are really expected to wait a week in total for a fix? Not even an emergency button pressed somewhere?
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what i heard is that they had to make some cuts to server costs so instead of the servers being powered by 3 ferrets on a treadmill its now powered by 2 gerbils and a cheese sandwich.
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    what do you prefere ?

maintenance with server OFF while they're trying to fix to problem
    OR
    server up but non stop crash in cyrodiil & sometimes in pve ?
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's all about the incremental change, if crashes on average are down 1-2% that's a big deal and ZoS deserves a pat on the back for the improvement.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's all about the incremental change, if crashes on average are down 1-2% that's a big deal and ZoS deserves a pat on the back for the improvement.

WHAT?! Crashes are up like by 9054838534509384 percent at this point. xD.
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight a little less crashes (four instead of fifteen) but dying everywhere when the stamina recovery bug kicks in. It's so frustrating because I love the game when it works. The only reason I didn't leave is I invested a lot of time and money in it but it's going too far. I payed this month so I can't play because of a patch intended to improve things.

And it was so frustrating predictable. We all knew in advance something big would go horrible wrong. And that it wouldn't be fixed fast.

• adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karmen wrote: »
    what do you prefere ?

OR

Valid point. Always look on the bright side of life.

Let's hope they have a fix that actually fixes the crashes.
    Ray
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karmen wrote: »
    what do you prefere ?

OR

How about a third option - A thoroughly vetted patch that actually works for once and doesn’t break or re-introduce old issues? Isn’t that what a professional company would strive for?
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    Katahdin wrote: »

Well its really cause and effect, they have a tendency not to listen to what the pts players say, sometimes they do, but more often they do not, so people, over the years have gotten jaded even thinking about doing the pts. They need to encourage more people to do pts by listening to the testers feedback and not letting broken things go live.

This! We used to have way more people on PTS but if they don't hear us, we won't come back.
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mayrael wrote: »

Happened to me yesterday, since then I'm not going to step a foot in Cyrodiil, and without Cyrodiil this game is meaningless for me :) That's why I renew my sub every month, so I can quit whenever I wan't without worrying that I have payed for another year ;)

@Mayrael same with hubby and myself, we have subbed every month since 2014 and had been subbing annually since they gave us that option....until our renewal the first of January when we changed it back to monthly. We have also spent thousands on Crown Packs over the years but have stopped doing that also. We are holding in the hopes that things will get better but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

I'm hearing the same from many of my guild mates and close friends, our Discords, Twitch Streams, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter are loaded with even more people giving up on this game. My daughter and her fiancee' has already stopped playing as have so many of our original friends from 2014. There is only so much money you can pour into a game before you realize that it's time to find another means of entertainment to invest in.
  • Karmen
    Karmen
    ✭✭✭
    I stopped to go to the pts since I understood server LIVE is the real PTS...
    I am Carmen.
    For Bosmers, war is only a sport
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Happened to me yesterday, since then I'm not going to step a foot in Cyrodiil, and without Cyrodiil this game is meaningless for me :) That's why I renew my sub every month, so I can quit whenever I wan't without worrying that I have payed for another year ;)

@Mayrael same with hubby and myself, we have subbed every month since 2014 and had been subbing annually since they gave us that option....until our renewal the first of January when we changed it back to monthly. We have also spent thousands on Crown Packs over the years but have stopped doing that also. We are holding in the hopes that things will get better but it doesn't seem like that's going to happen.

I'm hearing the same from many of my guild mates and close friends, our Discords, Twitch Streams, Facebook, Reddit, and Twitter are loaded with even more people giving up on this game. My daughter and her fiancee' has already stopped playing as have so many of our original friends from 2014. There is only so much money you can pour into a game before you realize that it's time to find another means of entertainment to invest in.

@Lady_Rosabella
    Exactly. Players told ZOS long time ago, they need to focus more on fixing existing content instead of adding new content which brings new bugs. We can't enjoy new content when the very core of the game is bugged.

Constant increase of new players as for now has allowed this game to survive, but when bugs will deter them as fast as now... There will be just one direction. I have stopped to count how many friends of mine are gone.

This game is amazing, imagine what it could become if not all those issues we encounter. Shame, such potential wasted.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rave the Histborn I will reply here since the other thread was diverted back to here since there is way more feedback, good on the mods by the way.

I will jump on this weekend and see what is going on, hopefully I can catch you in game.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After review, we have removed another handful of posts. While we understand that players and members can be upset about the currently known issues that are being investigated (the information on that can be found here), we do ask that all posts be kept civil, constructive, and within the guidelines of the rules that we have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 27, 2020 10:04PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    To update everyone on the current status for today, we spent the day testing everything and are still working on getting these crashes fixed. We'll plan to have a more substantial update tomorrow, before the weekend hits. Thanks again for your ongoing patience.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • solasub
    solasub
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thank you for those news!
    Tick Tock Tormentor• Gryphon Heart • Immortal Redeemer • Extinguisher of Flames • Dro-m'Athra Destroyer • Shiel of the North
    PVP Alpha Squad
    PVE : Alpha Crew Guild leader / Easy Peasy Officer

• TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To update everyone on the current status for today, we spent the day testing everything and are still working on getting these crashes fixed. We'll plan to have a more substantial update tomorrow, before the weekend hits. Thanks again for your ongoing patience.

Thank you. You can never have enough updates.
  • Sm0ke
    Sm0ke
    ✭✭✭

Thank you very much, I hope you keep your word.
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks. This is all people ask for. Even if there is not much more to add, communication like this is extremely valueable.