Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STAY AWAY FROM BOSSES! Report system trolled.

• shadyjane62
    shadyjane62
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only know what I have read on this and other forum. I take with a grain of salt all protestations of innocence. However my own abysmal experience with customer service has left me bruised. Perhaps my willingness to believe these claims has it's roots there.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I want proof of this from you or a member of ZOS.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno can either of you confirm that the leadership of your company are telling players to report farmers in order to have them banned?
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Endolith
    Endolith
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS is going to have to clarify this, because you do have competing or even contradictory statements. They say boss farming is not against TOS, but doing something that is disruptive to the play of others is against the TOS. My guess is they'll look at reported instances of spawn camping (bosses, werewolves, or whatever) and try to determine whether the player is either out to disrupt others or having a significant impact in disrupting people whether intentional or not.
  • SMW1980b14a_ESO
    SMW1980b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Daverios wrote: »
    If you are standing in one place repeatedly killing the very second a boss spawns I honestly do mot care if you are afk or not. It does not make a difference as the result is exactly the same to me. Why should I differentiate, you are just a big a problem as the bot beside you only less intellegent at least he has something mindless doing his mindless task, whats your excuse?

Fyi I have been told firsthand to do this by Zenimax management so until I hear otherwise I will continue to do so. There is a good chance it was me personally that reported you (I have sent in many many many reports) and I do not feel the least bit bad.

People like you are terrible.

I've had to kill the same boss 3-5 times for it to count for me. Many times I'll get several hits in but be unable to loot the boss. Probably do to lag or some other glitch. I'm not doing anything wrong, but with your flawed logic you'd report me.

What I find particularly ironic, is that you're going to do it without any thought or consideration until told to do otherwise. That means you yourself are now performing a bot like action.

Pardon me but I posses bi-pedal movement. Clearly this makes me an automaton. Lol

No. But your twisted logic that makes you comfortable with punishing completely innocent people for an offense they have not commited does.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is with the whack-a-moles?

It is not about farming people and NO ONE has an issue with that. What we do take serious issue with is hinderinv other peoples gameplay.

Seriously what do these types just not understand about that? Are they miasing tue basic concept or something? You can still farm perfectly well In the overland go hard and have it.

You are NOT allowed to hinder another player which is exactly what was happening and for god sakes. this is AGAINST your precious TOS and no amount of bold will change that. Get over yourselves already.

Additionally as they are changing bosses to not be farmable it turns out I and everyone else which is a large number can very much dictate how you play thee game or more precisly how you may not.
    Edited by Daverios on April 17, 2014 5:40PM
  • Endolith
    Endolith
    ✭✭✭
    I just sent an email to English Support asking them to clarify this since it has been brought up so many times without resolution. If by some chance I get a meaningful reply, I will post it here in the forums.
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭

It is not about farming people and NO ONE has an issue with that. What we do take serious issue with is hinderinv other peoples gameplay.

Seriously what do these types just not understand about that? Are they miasing tue basic concept or something? You can still farm perfectly well In the overland go hard and have it.

You are NOT allowed to hinder another player which is exactly what was happening and for god sakes. this is AGAINST your precious TOS and no amount of bold will change that. Get over yourselves already.

Still waiting on your proof that they told you to report people, NOT bots, farming dungeon bosses.

Here's mine again,

"...farming these bosses, while possibly not very courteous of others who are trying to have a shot at the content too, is not against our Terms of Service.

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/discussion/comment/597542/#Comment_597542

Now you're talking about hindering, but nobody is doing that that I've noticed, and certainly not me. I'm not killing the boss to "block" someone else from completing something. I'm not some high level camping a level 15 dungeon boss and one-shotting it the instant it spawns for the sole purpose of preventing other players from completing it, all the while gloating about it to them. Intent is everything. My intent is to kill the boss for loot, for items to deconstruct to level my crafting profession, and to get a few soul gems and potions, to progress my character, and it is just as valid a reason as any other, including killing the mob for a quest. I'm progressing my gameplay, my crafting. Nobody can tell me their way of playing is more important than mine, or that their time comes before mine, that I have to defer to these "holy" quest completers, because their priorities are more important than mine. I have just as much right to kill the mob as anyone else to progress my character as I see fit, as many times as I want, and Zenimax said so; "...The act of manually farming these bosses, while possibly not very courteous of others who are trying to have a shot at the content too, is not against our Terms of Service." Killing a boss faster than another does NOT equal "blocking" or griefing.

• Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Additionally as they are changing bosses to not be farmable it turns out I and everyone else which is a large number can very much dictate how you play thee game or more precisly how you may not.

I have no problem with nerfs to farming if that's what ZOS want, I have no problem with them saying no to farming if they don't like it.

BUT
    ZOS have stated (as posted earlier in the thread) that farming public dungeons bosses is not against the TOS/EULA. You're in this thread however telling us that their public post on this is a lie and you have been giving permission by a member of ZOS management to report players who farm bosses as bots in order for them to be punished.
    Daverios wrote:
    Fyi I have been told firsthand to do this by Zenimax management so until I hear otherwise I will continue to do so. There is a good chance it was me personally that reported you (I have sent in many many many reports) and I do not feel the least bit bad.

By your own words you admit that you report players who stand and kill bosses more than a couple of times for abuse of the game and botting because you personally dislike.
    Daverios wrote:
    If you are standing in one place repeatedly killing the second boss spawns I honestly do mot care if you are afk or not. It does not make a difference as the result is exactly the same to me.

So what we want now is either proof from you or ZOS that what you are doing is endorsed by them because otherwise you're making false reports which could be getting innocent players banned and clogging up the CS system for people making valid claims on botting.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Marcow
    Marcow
    Chinese Bot factory on Rise !!!
  • Chomag
    Chomag
    ✭✭✭
    There are more bots and gold spammers in ESO than actual players. They sell gold to eachother.
  • SMW1980b14a_ESO
    SMW1980b14a_ESO
    ✭✭✭

My problem with you is how you're fine reporting everyone standing there and repeatedly killing the boss, when they may be doing so justly and not actually there to farm. What part of that basic concept are you missing?

You're not performing a service if you report people not guilty of what you are reporting them for. What you're doing is potentially harming these innocent players, and creating even more unnecessary work for GMs and CS to deal with.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    My friend got booted offline for spamming chat, funny thing was he didnt type a word in chat. He was able to log back in though.

Hmm, Spamming chat but only with a kick out may have been triggered by an Add-on and a HoT or DoT trigger (or a bunch running at once). He may want to look into any add-ons that deal with chat boxes, including those that display information only to you and not actually sending it to other people. Only suggestion I can think of.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I have no problem with nerfs to farming if that's what ZOS want, I have no problem with them saying no to farming if they don't like it.

BUT
    ZOS have stated (as posted earlier in the thread) that farming public dungeons bosses is not against the TOS/EULA. You're in this thread however telling us that their public post on this is a lie and you have been giving permission by a member of ZOS management to report players who farm bosses as bots in order for them to be punished.
    Daverios wrote:

By your own words you admit that you report players who stand and kill bosses more than a couple of times for abuse of the game and botting because you personally dislike.
    Daverios wrote:
    If you are standing in one place repeatedly killing the second boss spawns I honestly do mot care if you are afk or not. It does not make a difference as the result is exactly the same to me.

So what we want now is either proof from you or ZOS that what you are doing is endorsed by them because otherwise you're making false reports which could be getting innocent players banned and clogging up the CS system for people making valid claims on botting.

I think you have the mistaken impression I owe you something. I am not affiliated with zos in anyway and your subscription does not pay my wage. I am just a player like you. One that is firmly against what I have experienced first hand in these caves one that is fed up with people behaving like you. It just turns out ZOS happens to agree is all and they would like to kerp my business and the business of everyone else that is against this. What you are asking them to do is choosr between me and you as clearly we want different things out of the game. I am just glad I am in the vast majority here and ZOS has listened to our feedback and reports and is changing this.

Clealy you are angry at the change and do not realize you can still farm the overlands. But does it also make you angry for some reason that I might actually want to enjoy a cave just one bloody time without 50 people insta gibbing the boss? What do you have against my style of gaming that makes you want to deny someone that? No one is taking away farm just go do it in the outdoors. This should allow us both to have what we want. So what you really take issue with is me getting some enjoymenf from a cave is it not?

Edited by Daverios on April 17, 2014 6:14PM
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭
    I have a feeling there will still be tons of players sitting on the bosses for many reasons; it's still not against the TOS; the botters just don't care and there will still be some there; there will always be a steady influx of new players seeking the achievement and boss loot; and there will still be a bunch of people on timers who still kill the boss because they're not sure when their timer is up, etc. The things that people who are against boss farming are complaining about will still exist. Only, now instead of having to wait 30 seconds for the boss to respawn so you can get your achievement and/or loot, you'll be waiting 10 minutes - or however long the timer is, and now, in between boss kills everyone will be running around like crazy farming the trash mobs. And unless they've adjusted the loot, you're almost certain to not get the blue item the boss drops on your first attempt, not to mention the 3-piece sets.

People will now run around in these dungeons farming the trash in between boss kills now. Kill boss, farm trash for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Daverios I have no problem with them nerfing farming and in fact I agree with you there should be something done to get it under control. I'm interested to read more about their timers and how they plan to implement them.

What I can't agree on you with is your apparent ZOS management given power to report farmers, and you apparent willingness to report anyone who tries to kill a boss more than once before moving on.
    This contradicts everything ZOS have publicly posted on these forums in regards to farming public dungeon bosses and if what you're saying is true that means that ZOS customer service representatives lied to the masses and posted false information on their forums which could lead to players being banned from the game.

I don't want them to side with me or you in regards to allowing farming or banning farming in any way, whatever changes they make to the game I will adapt and continue to play (though I will tell them of ideas I feel are flawed or could be improved).
    What I do want is for them to choose a side on in whether or not their company endorses the reporting of any player who is killing a boss more than once so that they can be banned, which is what you have said a member of their management told you to do.
  • Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    Daverios,

Let me spell this out for you:

1. Zenimax has stated that farming public dungeons is NOT against the TOS.
    2. This has been shown to you a number of times in this thread.
    3. Some people need to stand there and kill a boss over and over in order to get credit for the kill. It has happened to me a number of times.
    4. You should not report these people for simply trying to get kill credit so they can finish a quest or get some loot.
    5. Reporting actual bots is fine and nobody has a problem with that.
    6. There is no way for you to tell who is actually trying to get credit for a quest and who is farming a boss.
    7. Even if you could tell they were simply farming, Zenimax has stated it is not against the TOS....this has been pointed out to you numerous times.
    8. Until they implement the boss timers or whatever their solution is (I don't remember at the moment) it is STILL not against the TOS.

9. You lose.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dracovar wrote: »
    I have a feeling there will still be tons of players sitting on the bosses for many reasons; it's still not against the TOS; the botters just don't care and there will still be some there; there will always be a steady influx of new players seeking the achievement and boss loot; and there will still be a bunch of people on timers who still kill the boss because they're not sure when their timer is up, etc. The things that people who are against boss farming are complaining about will still exist. Only, now instead of having to wait 30 seconds for the boss to respawn so you can get your achievement and/or loot, you'll be waiting 10 minutes - or however long the timer is, and now, in between boss kills everyone will be running around like crazy farming the trash mobs. And unless they've adjusted the loot, you're almost certain to not get the blue item the boss drops on your first attempt, not to mention the 3-piece sets.

People will now run around in these dungeons farming the trash in between boss kills now. Kill boss, farm trash for 10 minutes, rinse and repeat.

FYI the loot timer is shared for the entire cave and also all other caves. Farming trash will be fruitless while timed is on effect no loot and poor exp compared to the outside. It will take a couple days for people to catch on but they will.
  • b101uk
    b101uk
    ✭✭✭
    If you have been suspended for Farming bosses and are looking for something to do, why not be the boss of you own farm, with Farm Simulator 2013, it even has multiplayer! :p
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    @Daverios I have no problem with them nerfing farming and in fact I agree with you there should be something done to get it under control. I'm interested to read more about their timers and how they plan to implement them.

What I can't agree on you with is your apparent ZOS management given power to report farmers, and you apparent willingness to report anyone who tries to kill a boss more than once before moving on.
    This contradicts everything ZOS have publicly posted on these forums in regards to farming public dungeon bosses and if what you're saying is true that means that ZOS customer service representatives lied to the masses and posted false information on their forums which could lead to players being banned from the game.

I don't want them to side with me or you in regards to allowing farming or banning farming in any way, whatever changes they make to the game I will adapt and continue to play (though I will tell them of ideas I feel are flawed or could be improved).
    What I do want is for them to choose a side on in whether or not their company endorses the reporting of any player who is killing a boss more than once so that they can be banned, which is what you have said a member of their management told you to do.

Please do not put words into my mouth what I said is I will report if you stand in one spot repeatedly killing the boss the very second it drops. I stand by my conviction that if you do this you are no better than a bot only less intellegent as at least they automate a brainless activity. If you find an issue with that you are welcome to take it up with ZOS but I promise you it will be a waste of time as no sane rational person would ever agree with your stance.

Additionally I have no special powers and just been told what to do. The same as amy player can and should do. I have no idea how you would even say that given what I typed. I can however touch my tounge to my nose and wiggle my ears that is kinda special right?
    Edited by Daverios on April 17, 2014 6:37PM
  • Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    As it stands now, human players absolutely have the right to stand and kill the boss however many times they wish. If they want to farm a boss for mats, more power to them.

I know you hate it Daverios, but too bad for you. Until Zen changes it, you are just out of luck.

Reporting legitimate players for doing something which is NOT against the TOS is not cool....not cool at all.

• Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    Calaban wrote: »
    Daverios,

Let me spell this out for you:

5. Reporting actual bots is fine and nobody has a problem with that.
    6. There is no way for you to tell who is actually trying to get credit for a quest and who is farming a boss.
    7. Even if you could tell they were simply farming, Zenimax has stated it is not against the TOS....this has been pointed out to you numerous times.

Lol at people who declare themselves victor. Ok there Napolean.

9. It is not my job to determine who is bot and not if your standing in the corpse humping pile and dont move you get reported. Do not care you are a bot and interfering. ZOS is welcome to tell me not too but they wont because they agree duh.
  • Daverios
    Daverios
    ✭✭✭✭
    b101uk wrote: »
    If you have been suspended for Farming bosses and are looking for something to do, why not be the boss of you own farm, with Farm Simulator 2013, it even has multiplayer! :p

Thank you.

/thread
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Folks, we've said this other places on the forums but there seems to be some misinformation floating around so we'll say it again. While manually farming bosses in public spaces where others are clearly also trying to get a chance at them may not be the most polite thing to do, it is not a violation of our Terms of Service nor is it something you should report people for. Now, if you're using a bot program to farm, yes that behavior should be reported, and yes we will ban those individuals to Oblivion. If you're found to be deliberately abusing our report system, we may take action on you, so please don't. Make sure the person you are reporting is actually botting before you act.

When we see something we feel could work a little better, we do welcome your feedback, and will make a change on our side if we feel it's necessary. For example, we are making some changes to how often people can get loot off of bosses in public spaces, as explained in this post.
    Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on April 17, 2014 7:17PM
    Jessica Folsom
    Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the reply Jessica hopefully this clears up the issues in this thread.
  • Dracovar
    Dracovar
    ✭✭✭
    Dracovar wrote: »

FYI the loot timer is shared for the entire cave and also all other caves. Farming trash will be fruitless while timed is on effect no loot and poor exp compared to the outside. It will take a couple days for people to catch on but they will.

The loot timer is for bosses only, not for trash. And public dungeon trash spawns fast, and gives better loot and exp than farming mobs outside.

• Calaban
    Calaban
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Jessica. Hopefully people will take this to heart and realize that reporting legitimate players is not cool.

I hope you get the botting under control.
  • Adlerson
    Adlerson
    The ironic thing here is that the most socially fun times I've had in the game so far has been when I have farmed a boss. (I don't do it often, but it happens, mainly for weapons and armour to deconn for crafting XP). Once in a while a self proclaimed white knight will come and spew vitriol, and yes there are bots around too, but generally people are actually happy to hang out and chat and RP and have fun.
    I am glad that they are changing the underlying mechanic to dissuade farming bosses, but I will actually miss it, not that much because of the farming, but because of the people I've met doing this.
    (Kind of reminds me of the space ports in SWG before they cut the wait times.)

Adlerson
  • Synthetic_CK
    Toldage. Enjoy that crow Daverios.
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    even in EQ i never purely spawn camped like players do here. my motto in an MMO is "kill is kill." i did some farming a week ago to fix my point allocations and all i did was laps. made a few thousand gold and got a few boss kills in. i just waited for someone else who need it to attack or stand there blank faced then helped them out. otherwise i didnt kill unless i knew it was helpful or no one was around. i farm late night (11pm - 1 am) so the crowd is usually light.

reporting people for boss camping is a bit extreme, with the obvious exceptions. but i have dealt with KSers in MMOs for the last 13 years so i have tricks of the anti-bot trade.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • Evelyn_Nightingale
    Evelyn_Nightingale
    ✭✭✭
    Somebody told me they were going to report me as a bot because I refused their guild invite.

And they did.

Did you screen cap the conversation? @GossiTheDog‌
    Ebonheart Pact :: Nord Dragon Knight :: Blacksmith