The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

STAY AWAY FROM BOSSES! Report system trolled.

• speker3
    speker3
    @Daverios‌
    Farming has very much been a part of Elder scrolls games for a long time, it all depends on your play style.
    Maybe it's just OCD but when i play Morrowind i can't help but max Endurance first and will never level up untill i have a x5 multiplier for endurance level up no matter what type of character i make due to getting max health every level up directly proportional to your endurance. I will always farm my endurance skills in the mics skill list before considering to level up a character ever.
  • speker3
    speker3
    Hey it's @ScrubyMcBubble‌ (the OP) using a friends account to update the post.
    The support system could not be any slower, the amount of subscription time I've missed so far could handsomely pay an employee for the amount of time required to resolve my ticket.. They have still not even told me the reason i am suspended.
    I have also had some time to think and it is possible that farming wasn't even the reason.. I was looking through some of my recorded gameplay that i record for nostalgia down the road being a player from more then one canceled mmo (such as SWG and War Hammer) and in the footage i found a clip from the time i randomly got launched across town in Greenshade. Maybe i got reported for flying by players in the town? haha i had so much time on my hands without ESO that i actually took the time to learn how to make .gif's to show everyone XD haha
    773zwnq11uky.gif
    It certainly wasn't the first time i've either fallen off the map or got launched to my death like a new Morrowind player discovering the scrolls of icarian flight for the first time! hahaha (although it's definitely the first time i've survived that bugs wrath)
    What do you think, Could this be the reason i was suspended?
    @Dracovar‌ I am very impressed by your level of detail and determination in your comments, thanks for your input, you truly are the hero of the forums. :P
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    i wont say it wasnt 1) i doubt enough people would have noticed given how vacant it looks 2) if this is the reason for the ban, it wasnt due to a player report and just some form of mass data that looked shanky. im about 85-90% sure i had this same bug post beta, and my account is still in good standing (as far as i know).

it sounds like there were a fair amount of bans that went out recently. with the gold sellers in every nook and cranny of the game, my paranoid side wonders if they saw you "transact" with them, knowingly or not (not finger pointing). kinda like they followed the banned seller's bread trail via trade and swung the ban stick on the way. im one of those paranoid guys, that never buy off someone in the AH (store in this case) but when i do i wont buy from stupid/questionable names.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • speker3
    speker3
    Yeah i didn't even know a dupe bug existed till checking the forums upon being suspended, i don't think they have started handing out suspensions for duping yet though. I never made many transactions other then that of racial motifs which i usually spent 1k each on except the one guy who went as low as 600 in zone because no one tried to buy it due to /tell chat 10 min lag haha so i grouped him and sniped the price. I also was a member of 3 trading guilds and had maxed out the 30 slots on all 3 with various green items for 200 gold a piece and some crafting materials. I never sold much through the guilds though.

A new thought! Perhaps i was suspended for my name? Not everyone enjoys seeing a lore name such as "Crassius Curio" Especially if they played the house Hlaalu missions on Morrowind.. Hahahaha
    Edited by speker3 on April 23, 2014 4:44AM
  • ahstin2001nub18_ESO
    speker3 wrote: »
    Yeah i didn't even know a dupe bug existed till checking the forums upon being suspended, i don't think they have started handing out suspensions for duping yet though. I never made many transactions other then that of racial motifs which i usually spent 1k each on except the one guy who went as low as 600 in zone because no one tried to buy it due to /tell chat 10 min lag haha so i grouped him and sniped the price. I also was a member of 3 trading guilds and had maxed out the 30 slots on all 3 with various green items for 200 gold a piece and some crafting materials. I never sold much through the guilds though.

A new thought! Perhaps i was suspended for my name? Not everyone enjoys seeing a lore name such as "Crassius Curio" Especially if they played the house Hlaalu missions on Morrowind.. Hahahaha 3lix996yqybz.jpg

i HIGHLY doubt it was the name if it was crassius curio, regardless of who said what/why. the only GM contact regarding my actions in 13 years of MMOing was regarding my name. i had "the" in the beginning of it (one word only requirement), and all they did was tell me to pick a new name. no ban or suspension. even in LoTRO where i have spent the last few years they would just change your name putting "renamed" in front of what they felt like, then you had to contact them to change it. i think now in LOTRO its simpler, but i havent had naming issues since my first, so i dont really know.
    I will work. I will save. I will sacrifice. I will endure. I will fight cheerfully and do my utmost, as if the whole issue of the struggle depended on me alone.

Martin A. Treptow
    1894-1918
  • speker3
    speker3
    Agreed, that was just a joke at the situation and as usual I am still waiting on a reply from the terms of service team. The whole process has taken 6 days so far so i imagine the support system must truly be swamped. In the meantime i have made a .gif out of the previous portrait of Crassius haha
    mux2g2a84ueh.gif
    Oh and i guess my friend has already doubled my player level therefore deeming my Ring of Mara useless. :/
    Edited by speker3 on April 21, 2014 7:28AM
  • Mikado048
    Mikado048
    Soul Shriven
    I recently figured out the tons of corpses and mobs in on area was a boss,I also recently found out that half were bots. I did what everyone did and try to get a hit. Now Daverios what do think I would do if I got banned for being a bot. Quit that's what. Not only do you undermine a rep but you risk losing Zenimax some players. You can only have 8 separate accounts whoope doo that's 480 $ if Zenimax loses 10 players because of you, you're a liabilty. I never post you'll probably never see me again. Zenimax makes millions who are you to undermine a rep with your holier than thou attitude. Do I post this? ya what the heck....hit
  • speker3
    speker3
    Just an update for those of you in similar situations wondering about an estimate for the processing times of suspension appeal tickets, It has almost been 8 days now and i am still awaiting a reply from the Terms of Service department, I can't even count how many times I've read over the Terms of Service page in search of anything i could have possibly violated.. I've even messaged the german support after reading of other players success doing so and have yet to receive a reply from them too.
  • Dayel
    Dayel
    ✭✭✭
    I have been lucky today was the first day I actually ran into a boss farming/bot situation. But, I had to stand there for almost 15 minutes till I was able to tag a hit on the boss fast enough to complete the effort. I would imagine that at least half the people there were in the same situation, so jumping to report a avi for farming or botting would be a serious error in a lot of cases.
  • phairdon
    phairdon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    speker3 wrote: »
    Hey it's @ScrubyMcBubble‌ (the OP) using a friends account to update the post.
    The support system could not be any slower, the amount of subscription time I've missed so far could handsomely pay an employee for the amount of time required to resolve my ticket.. They have still not even told me the reason i am suspended.
    I have also had some time to think and it is possible that farming wasn't even the reason.. I was looking through some of my recorded gameplay that i record for nostalgia down the road being a player from more then one canceled mmo (such as SWG and War Hammer) and in the footage i found a clip from the time i randomly got launched across town in Greenshade. Maybe i got reported for flying by players in the town? haha i had so much time on my hands without ESO that i actually took the time to learn how to make .gif's to show everyone XD haha
    773zwnq11uky.gif
    It certainly wasn't the first time i've either fallen off the map or got launched to my death like a new Morrowind player discovering the scrolls of icarian flight for the first time! hahaha (although it's definitely the first time i've survived that bugs wrath)
    What do you think, Could this be the reason i was suspended?
    @Dracovar‌ I am very impressed by your level of detail and determination in your comments, thanks for your input, you truly are the hero of the forums. :P

Had an issue with my horse during the first couple of weeks. Jump on my horse and it would shoot some distance across the ground in a high speed blur, without me hitting any movement keys.
    Your immersion is breaking my entitlement. Buff Sorc's. Darkshroud the cremator Death by furRubeus BlackFluffy knight BladesThe Fat PantherPsijic Fungal SausageFlesheater the VileCaspian Rafferty FernsbyArchfiend Warlock PiersThe Black BishopEvil Wizard Lizard (EU)Neberra Vestige Fajeon (EU)Salanis Deathstick (EU)Blood Mage Alchemist (EU)
  • lichmeister
    lichmeister
    ✭✭✭
    i love the fact that this discussion still carries forward even after a community manager comes here and flat out tells us that the mythical policy @Daverios mentions is, in fact, mythical.

remember, arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics. win or lose you are still ***! :'(