The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

1500 crowns per outfit slot (1 slot) just under $1200 for every slot

• JusticeSouldier
    JusticeSouldier
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Player get's no information that this good in crown store adds an outfit slot only for 1 character at account.
    Anyone going to do something with this scam?
    Guys...damn... 39 pages, few years...It's precedent
    all classes. pc platform, dissapointed.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Player get's no information that this good in crown store adds an outfit slot only for 1 character at account.
    Anyone going to do something with this scam?
    Guys...damn... 39 pages, few years...It's precedent

If they don't want to take the time to add needed transparency to the description of this item, here's an alternative.

Create a new tab in the cash shop for all the purchasables that ONLY apply to the character it is bought for. Riding lessons would go in there. Skyshards would go in there. Skill lines would go in there. And outfit slots would go in there.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, the lack of *** to give from ZOS' side is amazing. This should've been fixed years ago.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • j.greenmanb16_ESO
    j.greenmanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    *bump*

don't you go thinking we've forgotten ZOS. I don't play half as much as I used to, but I get an itsy bitsy twinge of rage every time I do because of this
    "You are brave and you are strong, of this there is no doubt. But without me at your side, your deeds will go unknown, your death unwept and your story unsung - Sings-In-Shade, the Argonian Bard
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *bump*

don't you go thinking we've forgotten ZOS. I don't play half as much as I used to, but I get an itsy bitsy twinge of rage every time I do because of this

I just don't think about it at all. I save the "rage" for something that matters, and it saves me Crowns. Win for me. Lose for ZOS. :smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »
    *bump*

I just don't think about it at all. I save the "rage" for something that matters, and it saves me Crowns. Win for me. Lose for ZOS. :smile:

The only thing about this that makes me angry at this point is the fact that it's still deliberately misleading in the description, and I have to tell new player guildies to go open a support ticket pretty regularly when they realize to their shock that something that costs as much as an entire new character slot is only for one outfit slot on one character.

It's absurdly overpriced, sure. That much has been been pretty well established at this point. But as you say, the fix is to simply not pay for it. I would have likely maxed out my outfit slots by now if they were reasonably priced, but they're not, so I've never bought one and never will. So it goes. If it wasn't actively and apparently intentionally misleading, evidently with the goal of snaring newer players who don't know any better, I'd not care at all at this point. But... well...
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only thing about this that makes me angry at this point is the fact that it's still deliberately misleading in the description, and I have to tell new player guildies to go open a support ticket pretty regularly when they realize to their shock that something that costs as much as an entire new character slot is only for one outfit slot on one character.

That just means "don't trust them". The smart thing to do is to wait for the "leap before they look" players to report back, then base the decision on purchasing based on player reports, not ZOS/Bethesda descriptions and marketing.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

That just means "don't trust them". The smart thing to do is to wait for the "leap before they look" players to report back, then base the decision on purchasing based on player reports, not ZOS/Bethesda descriptions and marketing.

Sure, I know that. But a new player isn't necessarily going to. I mean, I guess that's starting to change a bit with everything Zenimax taking a sharp turn toward subpar products and predatory monetization in the last couple of years, but that's no guarantee, especially when parts of this game are reasonably and fairly priced. ESO+, for example.
  • Kashya_Vulano
    Kashya_Vulano
    ✭✭✭
    Wassup. I notice this hadn't been bumped in a while, so I figured I'd try to rekindle some fire here.

I hate this. I always have. Donated 1500 crowns to ZOS and screwed myself after not realizing it was character bound.

ZOS, fix it or just get rid of it.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I bought 10 outfits

With in game gold.

I would never buy it with RL Money.

At least 500 crowns each outfit :D
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wassup. I notice this hadn't been bumped in a while, so I figured I'd try to rekindle some fire here.

I hate this. I always have. Donated 1500 crowns to ZOS and screwed myself after not realizing it was character bound.

ZOS, fix it or just get rid of it.

You can probably get a refund if you submit a ticket via the website. In my experience they respond quickly to such requests and are very helpful. :)

As for this thread, there’s no point; someone insert a “beating a dead horse” meme or something.
  • Aelthwyn
    Aelthwyn
    ✭✭✭✭
    There may be no point but I still feel absolutely livid and utterly dejected over this. I will NEVER be able to justify this cost despite fashion being what I'm most interested in in this game. This is what I'm here for. I love making outfits. But I will carry 15 full sets of not optimal armor around on every character before I will support their outrageous choice on this. Every once in a while one just needs to vent a bit.

It's a real shame they put all that work into making a great thing that they apparently don't actually want their players to make use of :P