The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Patch Notes 5.3.0?

• OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Those 'fake' notes are ROUGH. Especially on nightblades. Unfortunately zos track record makes those look legit.

The fake notes were obviously fake. They referred to Sweeps as a DOT, among other mistakes. The style didn't match past notes at all and it had a lot of repeated basic grammar mistakes a professional wouldn't make even in an early draft.

Also I said they were fake multiple times :weary:

We cant help it, were paranoid! Everyones looking for good news but preparing for the worst
    Edited by OWLTHEMAD on January 20, 2020 7:27PM
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So it's confirmed now that nightblades will still be non existent for the next 3 months, just great. Wake us up when we can get back to the game properly.
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    Peddling fake notes is pretty silly just sayin
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I need to uninstall the current version before downloading the new one?

Nope, just let the patcher do its thing.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    nwm, answered.
    Edited by Cinbri on January 20, 2020 7:33PM
  • SJD_Phoenix
    SJD_Phoenix
    ✭✭✭
    KageNin wrote: »
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    I play NB maybe 4th most so no expert, but I have a hard time understanding that NB's have weak defenses relative to other classes. In heavy armor they are the tankiest class (PvE tank, PvP anything but bomber/gank). With known best DD highest sustain heavy armor builds have low downside relative to other classes.

Main NB's I know that want to return to NB being a ganker wish for less defenses...they want to have a high risk chance to take out a tanky DD build with a difficult complex combo using invisibility/sneak as defense. On the PvE side those same NB mains want to be top tier ST damage if they remain as the low utility/AOE class with unwanted high tankiness. In a nutshell they want more offense and less defense. Asking for both would probably not be fulfilled.

In PvE theyre not top tier Stamcro is , in pvp NB used to have high burst and cloak/shade to escape but then the burst was taken, while healing was buffed. So now a class that was high ST in pvp cant burst people as they just heal back up in mili seconds so you either have to escape or they kill you with their infinite healing and dmg.

Yep. That ridiculous cast time on incap did no one any favours.

Dumb thing is NB (especially Stam) isn’t a million miles away from being a balanced class; but what it needs it probably won’t get.
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cloak should be removed from PvP entirely. Use an invis pot if you need to hide.

opes, detect pots should be removed from PvP

how is that you can counter entire builds just by pressing Q?
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch noootes inc guys
  • The Uninvited
    The Uninvited
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Cloak should be removed from PvP entirely. Use an invis pot if you need to hide.

Well, if pressing Q would actually work after 1 press...
    Pandora's Promise (rip) | LND | Pactriotic | IKnowWhatUDidLastWinter's | The Uninvited |

Ride the paranoia | All life is pain | Only the grave is real
  • Fata1moose
    Fata1moose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will this be the update we have to re-download the entire game or is that later?
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    Patch noootes inc guys

Ooooo I'm refreshing like every 10s!
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Well, if pressing Q would actually work after 1 press...

As if cloak works after one press

anyway, since the game moves further into group playing just tell one of the guys in your group to combine detect pots + detect flare and the NB won't bother.

If you run solo... then, good luck!

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • Dogzey
    Dogzey
    ✭✭✭
    They just unpinned the last ones so should be soon
    PS4 EU [810CP] - (Clairvoyance)

PvE High Elf Mag DK - Irelia Dragneel (Voice of Reason) (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam DK - Minato Uzamaki
    PvE Breton Templar - Ashura Namikaze (Voice of Reason)
    PvE Altmer Magcro - Zeref Dragneel
    PvE Orc Stamcro - Saphira Dragonsbane (Dro-m'Athra Destroyer)
    PvE Orc Stam Sorc - Laxus Dreyar
    PvE Imperial DK Tank- Tartarus the Abyss
    PvE Dumner Magblade - Apex the Destroyer (Flawless Conqueror)
    PvE/PVP Orc Stamblade - IIzuna Uchiha
    PvE Altmer Warden Healer - Lady Netch

PVP Dumner Mag DK - Lady Embers

Clears
    vAS HM
    vMoL HM
    vHoF HM
    vCR +1
    vSS
    Craglorns HM
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    I need to uninstall the current version before downloading the new one?

Nope, just let the patcher do its thing.

anything for necro?
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    @Langeston
    I play NB maybe 4th most so no expert, but I have a hard time understanding that NB's have weak defenses relative to other classes. In heavy armor they are the tankiest class (PvE tank, PvP anything but bomber/gank). With known best DD sustain heavy armor builds have low downside relative to other classes.

Main NB's I know that want to return to NB being a ganker wish for less defenses...they want to have a high risk chance to take out a tanky DD build with a difficult complex combo using invisibility/sneak as defense. On the PvE side those same NB mains want to be top tier ST damage if they remain as the low utility/AOE class with unwanted high tankiness. In a nutshell they want more ST offense and are most willing to give up defense to get it. Asking for both would probably not be fulfilled.

Where did I say I want both? In fact, I play the exact style you describe in your second paragraph and I enjoy it. (Well, not "ganker" part, but the rest pretty much fits.) The problem is, it's not a "high risk/high reward" playstyle right now — it's "extremely high risk/almost zero reward," while the other classes are all "middling-to-no risk/high reward." It's completely ass-backwards.

Currently on my magblade, even 1v1 it's almost impossible to kill a non-potato playing any other class (well, other than other NBs) because they're all either healbots or stacking shields. Add to that the fact that most if not all of them have better innate burst damage, (so they can use defensive sets while still doing damage enough to curb stomp me) and securing a kill is practically impossible. And that's 1v1, in BGs it's comical how useless my magblade is right now with all the AOE spam.

I'm actually fine with little to no healing & cloak/shade being my only defenses — that style of play is actually exhilarating to me. But it's no fun decking out your toon in 3 damage sets on a build that can get 1 or 2-hit by [literal] tanks, and still not even be able to do enough damage to put other classes on the defensive — let alone actually kill them.
    Edited by Langeston on January 20, 2020 8:06PM
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks, Gina! I only see one NB bug fix in there - I thought you had said there were a few bug fixes and a couple changes (5 'things' I think)? Am I missing something?

Thanks!
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mav1234 wrote: »

Thanks, Gina! I only see one NB bug fix in there - I thought you had said there were a few bug fixes and a couple changes (5 'things' I think)? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

She probably meant the note about nb changes consists of 5 lines. If you include the headlines.
    Edited by Rianai on January 20, 2020 8:08PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Now ashen grip good?

xDDDD

As I expected, this is not the patch fo big changes...

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    When i now start launcher (i dont have pts atm) i can click install...
    Is this the old version and then i need to download again when server is up?
    Or can i start?
    Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    The_Saint wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    When i now start launcher (i dont have pts atm) i can click install...
    Is this the old version and then i need to download again when server is up?
    Or can i start?

You can start - the new patch is available to start downloading now, even though we're still in maintenance.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Langeston

I with you on NB being able to play the way you intent.

NB has fantastic synergy with a Heavy Armor brawler (high sustain if continuing to attack rather than touch n go, major evasion, other mitigation, free resists). Problem is that's not really what most players that select "nightblade" sign up for, and yep it doesn't make sense. But I can't fathom NB as the squishiest class; a good argument could be made for the opposite. That's where I get lost post 2019 changes (2018 sure).

I posted bc I saw this:
    "Other classes have defensive & healing capabilities NBs can only dream of......[NB] for the squishiest class"
  • VaxtinTheWolf
    VaxtinTheWolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, are the other 2 changes to nightblade coming later in the PTS Cycle?
    || AD - Rah'Jiin Lv50 Khajiit Nightblade (Damage) || EP - Generic Argonian Lv50 Argonian Nightblade (Tank) || DC - Zinkotsu Lv50 Breton Nightblade (Healer) ||
    || DC - Ja'Kiro Feral-Heart Lv50 Khajiit Dragonknight (Damage) || EP - VaxtinTheWolf Lv50 Redguard Templar (Tank) || AD - Velik Iranis Lv50 Dark Elf Sorcerer (Tank ) ||
    || EP - Einvarg The Frozen Lv50 Nord Warden (Tank/Healer) || EP - Keem-Ja Lv4 Argonian Necromancer (Healer/Tank) ||
    PC - North American Server (Champion 1300+)
  • Marteene
    Marteene
    ✭✭✭
    Possible eta for PTS maintenance?
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marteene wrote: »

Today. Maybe tomorrow.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Marteene wrote: »

Just working on troubleshooting one more thing, we should be open within an hour or less.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • Wavek
    Wavek
    ✭✭✭
    Is the file size modification complete? Mine is done patching and is about 15% smaller than Live, rather than the ~30% mentioned on the stream.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wavek wrote: »
    Is the file size modification complete? Mine is done patching and is about 15% smaller than Live, rather than the ~30% mentioned on the stream.

My observations are here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508928/lets-share-compare-sizes-how-big-is-your-pts
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Agalloch wrote: »
    More , and more nerfs :(

Negativity even before PTS Patch Notes? Specify your concerns or issues along with what solutions you would like to see.

TL;dr version: Offer constructive feedback and suggestions.
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs
  • Auldjohn
    Auldjohn
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno will we have to redownload entire pts directory?

They have already said that you will unfortunately...

PTS 5-3-0 doesn't require an uninstall, just patience for a large download. BTW, it does pre-optimize assets and load times. Quick response: impressive!
    @AuldjohnThe Elder Sages' GuildMaster Sage & Co-Founderfacebook.com/groups/theeldersagesguild
    "Old gamers never die; they just respawn and game on!" • Our Slogan: Have Fun!!

Moot Envoy • Tamriel Foundry Adept • Steam ID Auldjohn
    YouTube auldjohnmastersage • Twitch AuldjohnPCGamer• Steam Group TESGs