The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.2 is available.

Patch Notes 5.3.0?

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    OWLTHEMAD wrote: »
    Artorias24 wrote: »
    I dont know If fake or not... But those things has been going through some discords lately

https://imgur.com/a/n2tfYqV

this was already debunked by @ZOS_GinaBruno the last time it was posted.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6537692#Comment_6537692

Im gonna be mad as hell if they do end up being accurate. Those 'fake' notes are ROUGH. Especially on nightblades. Unfortunately zos track record makes those look legit.

There are only 5 things for Nightblades, 3 of which are bug fixes. They are not real, I promise. Someone just has a lot of time on their hands.

Dang. Guess they're fine with the current state Nightblades are in for the most part. That's rough.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    I dont know If fake or not... But those things has been going through some discords lately

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6537692#Comment_6537692

Im gonna be mad as hell if they do end up being accurate. Those 'fake' notes are ROUGH. Especially on nightblades. Unfortunately zos track record makes those look legit.

There are only 5 things for Nightblades, 3 of which are bug fixes. They are not real, I promise. Someone just has a lot of time on their hands.

Dang. Guess they're fine with the current state Nightblades are in for the most part. That's rough.

For what it's worth, Brian did mention last week that the focus for this update was mainly performance improvements and bug fixes, not class balance.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nevermind.
    Edited by MusCanus on January 20, 2020 6:52PM
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For what it's worth, Brian did mention last week that the focus for this update was mainly performance improvements and bug fixes, not class balance.

If it actually improves, fantastic.
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Monday can still be a great day if Caltrops is buffed. :)
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think it only makes sense that this is the priority, they can carry on nerfing Sorc's and nightblades in the next patch 👍
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those 'fake' notes are ROUGH. Especially on nightblades. Unfortunately zos track record makes those look legit.

The fake notes were obviously fake. They referred to Sweeps as a DOT, among other mistakes. The style didn't match past notes at all and it had a lot of repeated basic grammar mistakes a professional wouldn't make even in an early draft.
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So 3 more months of this bs as a nightblade? Great.
  • StShoot
    StShoot
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Just out of curiosity why do you have to split between ballance changes and improvements ? Does Zos only have one team that works on everything, instead of one team that works on improvements, anotherone that works on ballance and a third one that works on new content ? xD
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    StShoot wrote: »
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Just out of curiosity why do you have to split between ballance changes and improvements ? Does Zos only have one team that works on everything, instead of one team that works on improvements, anotherone that works on ballance and a third one that works on new content ? xD

Because they don't invest in their game. Haven't for a long time.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Don't know if this has been answered before, will PTS require a full reinstall as well for the improvements on performance, or is that only included for when the patch goes live? I would like to test these performance improvements to see what they are like, if that's possible.
    #MOREORBS
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Those 'fake' notes are ROUGH. Especially on nightblades. Unfortunately zos track record makes those look legit.

The fake notes were obviously fake. They referred to Sweeps as a DOT, among other mistakes. The style didn't match past notes at all and it had a lot of repeated basic grammar mistakes a professional wouldn't make even in an early draft.

Also I said they were fake multiple times :weary:
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

:lol::lol: poor Gina! To be fair we have been down this road before...
    Edited by relentless_turnip on January 20, 2020 7:04PM
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Don't know if this has been answered before, will PTS require a full reinstall as well for the improvements on performance, or is that only included for when the patch goes live? I would like to test these performance improvements to see what they are like, if that's possible.

Yes, PTS will also require a full re-download today.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Staff Post
  • JKorr
    JKorr
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Why should they listen to a voice of reason/official type person when they can rant/rave/whine/exaggerate for TEH DRAMA!!!!!!!!!!
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Guys stop it !!!! cant break something if you are not playing with it.
  • Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    Izanagi.Xiiib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

It was answered on the livestream - yes it will need a reinstall
    @Solar_Breeze
    NA ~ Izanerys: Dracarys (Videos | Dracast Podcast)
    EU ~ Izanagi: Roleplay Circle (AOE Rats/ Zerg Squad / Banana Squad)
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They should release the client so we can get started. :innocent:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MentalxHammer
    MentalxHammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please Lady Bruno grant us the natchies!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok, I'll go walk the dog, I hope they'll be here when I return :D
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Oh any confirmation on whether you'll be doing the maelstrom at next year's chapter reveal? 😂
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Langeston
    I play NB maybe 4th most so no expert, but I have a hard time understanding that NB's have weak defenses relative to other classes. In heavy armor they are the tankiest class (PvE tank, PvP anything but bomber/gank). With known best DD sustain heavy armor builds have low downside relative to other classes.

Main NB's I know that want to return to NB being a ganker wish for less defenses...they want to have a high risk chance to take out a tanky DD build with a difficult complex combo using invisibility/sneak as defense. On the PvE side those same NB mains want to be top tier ST damage if they remain as the low utility/AOE class with unwanted high tankiness. In a nutshell they want more ST offense and are most willing to give up defense to get it. Asking for both would probably not be fulfilled.
    Edited by thadjarvis on January 20, 2020 7:18PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry but at this point the more nonsensical fake notes are the more realistic they seem to be. I think after 2019 balance roller coatser fiasco many people lost their remaining hope in combat team so now it's way easier to sell fake notes as real ones.

And to be fair fact that in this update there will be barely any balance changes just increases disbelief in combat team. Nice, we're getting performance improvements...after 6 years and for the cost of much needed balance changes.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    I play NB maybe 4th most so no expert, but I have a hard time understanding that NB's have weak defenses relative to other classes. In heavy armor they are the tankiest class (PvE tank, PvP anything but bomber/gank). With known best DD highest sustain heavy armor builds have low downside relative to other classes.

Main NB's I know that want to return to NB being a ganker wish for less defenses...they want to have a high risk chance to take out a tanky DD build with a difficult complex combo using invisibility/sneak as defense. On the PvE side those same NB mains want to be top tier ST damage if they remain as the low utility/AOE class with unwanted high tankiness. In a nutshell they want more offense and less defense. Asking for both would probably not be fulfilled.

In PvE theyre not top tier Stamcro is , in pvp NB used to have high burst and cloak/shade to escape but then the burst was taken, while healing was buffed. So now a class that was high ST in pvp cant burst people as they just heal back up in mili seconds so you either have to escape or they kill you with their infinite healing and dmg.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsonso wrote: »

They should release the client so we can get started. :innocent:

And it started! Yay!

Edit: ~55 GB
    Edited by Elsonso on January 20, 2020 7:21PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need to uninstall the current version before downloading the new one?
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think so yes
    #MOREORBS
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Only if you don't have enough space, because the download for the new update is 50-60gb. It might be easier for some people to simply reinstall the game.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fair point. I won't get my hopes up in respect to balance changes.
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natch potes!