The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [EXTENDED] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)

Lucky Cat & Potentates - Mold remediation or discount!

• bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Very nice!

I thought about doing that with Alinor building materials, but there is just so much broken stuff to hide that the majority of the house would look cold and empty with the limited slots. So I passed on that house.

I tested Alinor stuff and psijic tables before trying altars. I kind of managed to get away with the altars as they are so rich, that the main room does not really need any furniture. Still, I lost quite a bit of space on the sides and needed to lower the ceiling. Not getting myself into that kind of re-designing again. Too much work, barely any profit. Thing to have in mind before buying an unkept house. And yeah, 200+ slots down the drain...

• TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When it comes to Potentate's Retreat, my biggest issue is the interior. I like the large central room in this place, but the interior is literally just three rooms and a stairwell. I don't think three rooms is enough for a manor home. Alinor Crest Townhouse isn't even a manor, and it has more rooms. Heck, Lucky Cat Landing's interior has four rooms! They may be smaller, but it least it has a decent enough space

The retreat has a fairly nice exterior with that large crater-pool with those huge crystals. But for me, the interior should be just as important as the exterior. I don't feel that with the retreat. I think it can work as a guild hall. But as an actual "home"? It leaves a bit to be desired.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on January 4, 2020 3:56AM
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And with all the new walls/flooring, it'll be fairly easy to *replace* the walls, I know I'm gonna cause i don't like red ;)

By my estimate to cover the mould and chipped paint you would need 60-100 items. This leaves you at 600 slots plus you need to spend 300 - 600k gold (or more if you go for something fancy) just to hide horrible textures in a crown-only house.

Huh? I can do it with THREE pieces of flooring, or the new wall/wooden flooring for reach room, leaving the doorway wall for effect.
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • InaMoonlight
    InaMoonlight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    If I get this home, which I may at some point because there are aspects of it that I love I will be titivating it allover with the sparkly mooncove vines.

Just be careful, I decided to do so with Lakemire (I absolutely love the aquarium) and here it is... 4 months (or so) and 200+ Tribunal Altars later...

1zgrfkciantp.png

Worth it! That looks awzum! <3
    Edit = Typos ... as usual. <;D
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And with all the new walls/flooring, it'll be fairly easy to *replace* the walls, I know I'm gonna cause i don't like red ;)

By my estimate to cover the mould and chipped paint you would need 60-100 items. This leaves you at 600 slots plus you need to spend 300 - 600k gold (or more if you go for something fancy) just to hide horrible textures in a crown-only house.

Huh? I can do it with THREE pieces of flooring, or the new wall/wooden flooring for reach room, leaving the doorway wall for effect.

That's for the side rooms, yes, but I account for all the areas with mould and other nasty stuff (the whole interior, imo).
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

Very nice!

I thought about doing that with Alinor building materials, but there is just so much broken stuff to hide that the majority of the house would look cold and empty with the limited slots. So I passed on that house.

I tested Alinor stuff and psijic tables before trying altars. I kind of managed to get away with the altars as they are so rich, that the main room does not really need any furniture. Still, I lost quite a bit of space on the sides and needed to lower the ceiling. Not getting myself into that kind of re-designing again. Too much work, barely any profit. Thing to have in mind before buying an unkept house. And yeah, 200+ slots down the drain...

It does look stunning, but as you say, it cuts into the slot allowance too much and also, how do you find furnishings to go with it, even if you do have any slots left?

Most wooden furniture is going to look pretty shabby and incongrous against all that glamour.

You need Art Deco stuff.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

It does look stunning, but as you say, it cuts into the slot allowance too much and also, how do you find furnishings to go with it, even if you do have any slots left?

Most wooden furniture is going to look pretty shabby and incongrous against all that glamour.

You need Art Deco stuff.

Hlaalu, Redguard, Dunmer look acceptable. Would love Art Deco and/or Art Nouveau stuff (and won't get that unless I cobble - read: item slots).
    On the other hand, I'd rather have the roots made into furnishings and be able to remove them at will :/
    I like the look, but I like my sanity more. Why do we have to deal with houses full of: mould, roots, uneven flooring, crumbly stone, and other bull#$%, over and over again?
    Edited by bayushi2005 on January 3, 2020 10:59AM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You need Art Deco stuff.

Hlaalu, Redguard, Dunmer look acceptable. Would love Art Deco and/or Art Nouveau stuff (and won't get that unless I cobble - read: item slots).
    On the other hand, I'd rather have the roots made into furnishings and be able to remove them at will :/
    I like the look, but I like my sanity more. Why do we have to deal with houses full of: mould, roots, uneven flooring, crumbly stone, and other bull#$%, over and over again?

Art Nouveau would be lovely. :smile:

The Alinor couches (more like upholstered benches, really!) are kind of Art Nouveau, of course, but probably not in exactly the right way.

To be fair, I kind of expect the Argonian houses to be like that, at this point, but I still don't get why we got endless crumbling stone and mould, when there were plenty of inns and houses, with none of those problems, in N. Elsweyr and the inn room is also crumbling stone free.

The wooden walls are somewhat blurry-looking, though, so it's harder to tell how mouldy it is, lol.

Again, why they still haven't fixed the texture on that and some of the Elsweyr furniture, I don't know?
    Edited by Tigerseye on January 3, 2020 1:30PM
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You need Art Deco stuff.

Uneven flooring drives me nuts. You can't put down a floor covering half the time without something clipping through or letting it levitate. It makes it very hard to sweep the dust under the rug where it won't be seen.

• Cin_Vhetin
    Cin_Vhetin
    ✭✭

Yes.

To be more realistic, they should sell them at a low price (complete with mould etc.) and then allow you to repair/upgrade them, for extra gold/Crowns, if you wanted.

They could let you select "Renovate" and it would show you all the walls with the mould and so on removed and the plaster repainted in the original paint colour (but a fresh coat, obviously) and if you liked it, you could then pay your gold/Crowns and it would stay that way.

Also, if they let you paint plastered walls different colours that would be nice.

They could let you select "Paint" and a colour and then see a preview of a room/the entire house in that colour and if you then paid, it would stay that colour until you changed it.

Love your idea here to give a "renovate" option. I passed on Potentate's house; couldn't get past all the mold and what it would take to change it.
  • Cin_Vhetin
    Cin_Vhetin
    ✭✭
    Mold is the American spelling for all sense of the word meanings (1.a frame for shaping something, 2.shaping/forming something in a mold, and/or 3. any kind of fungi that grow on organic matter (and homes) and are often associated with decay.
    Mould is the British spelling.
    American English has no mould, and British English has no mold.

Apparently South Elsweyr has both.
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cin_Vhetin wrote: »
    Mold is the American spelling for all sense of the word meanings (1.a frame for shaping something, 2.shaping/forming something in a mold, and/or 3. any kind of fungi that grow on organic matter (and homes) and are often associated with decay.
    Mould is the British spelling.
    American English has no mould, and British English has no mold.

Apparently South Elsweyr has both.

To further complicate things most of the wood supply industry in the US refers to molding as moulding.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just be careful, I decided to do so with Lakemire (I absolutely love the aquarium) and here it is... 4 months (or so) and 200+ Tribunal Altars later...

Just occurred to me that that's over 5 million gold in altars.

I went and bought a couple to play around with, and they are a royal PITA to place. Did you do that all by hand, or use EHT to lay them out?

RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Ravensilver
    Ravensilver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. One of the reasons why I *didn't* buy Potentate's was the fungus all over the place. And the fact that it's another huge empty place that will swallow up the available slots just by decorating one room nicely. Never mind that there won't be anything left for the outside areas.

I do have Lucky Cat, but more because I use it as a wayshrine when I'm out in the boondocks and want to get back to a city, fast. I've been experimenting with covering the walls, but you still have the pillars and the decorations and the ceilingns and the floors that are all covered in fungus. It makes me want to sneeze, every time I'm there... and I feel it makes it really gloomy and unpleasant.
    A 'repair' or replace option would be wonderful. But, as with so many things that might be nice in ESO housing, I doubt that ZOS is in any way interested in our wishes.
    I only hope that not too many bought the Potetntate's Retreats so that *maybe* ZOS will start to look at *why* it's not selling...