The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION HEXADECAFINALS ROUND 10 - VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Bleak rock, or bleak spire? Which zone is the bleakest? Is being the bleakest good or bad in this case? YOU DECIDE!

The lineup and current standing of all contenders can be found here, so people can keep track of the overall action.

Each of these bouts will last two days, so this one ends around noon CST (5pm UTC) on December 9th. FIIIIGHT!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on December 9, 2019 6:50PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST ZONE COMPETITION HEXADECAFINALS ROUND 10 - VOTE'S CLOSED 140 votes

Bleakrock Isle
25%
LonePirateWhiteCoatSyndrometspecherb14_ESOZephiran23GarpleyOlauronIluvrienAsysEnemy-of-ColdharbourVaranapod88kkSnowZeniamax_onlyaltunit21vestahlsImmortalElf13Hippie4927Kitty_QuietlySkogsalfVaranisArano 36 votes
Rivenspire
74%
vailjohn_ESOGalenssewallb14_ESOGythralAlienSlofDTStormfoxSoupDragonTavore1138ChickensteinhondelinkCloudtraderJenziSilverwillowCaffeinatedMayhemHymzirpeacenoteagegartoncyclonus11WldKardeVulsahdaal 104 votes
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Rivenspire, of course. More to do there.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    I don't like it visually, but it has so many easy to get skyshards, probably most convenient serpent Mundus and of course drops of necropotence which is always very profitable... while Bleakrock is... well, that dunmer commander was really cute and overall evacuation is well-written with continue in Bal Foyean... other then that I can't remember nothing good about it.
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle
    Bleakrock is my absolute favorite location in the entire game. Love how it looks, love the environment, love everything about it. I still go back and visit when I need to collect mats, even after I finished the questlines.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    They’re both favourites, but Rivenspire gets the nod.
    forever stuck in combat
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Too many petsorcs but still better than Bleakrock...
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle
    I actually like Rivenspire more but it gets too much hype. Over a year of hype for that vampire husbando made it stale when I got there.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    I hate most Breton zones for being generic high fantasy, but rivenspire's storyline and setting is awesome
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    max_only wrote: »
    I actually like Rivenspire more but it gets too much hype. Over a year of hype for that vampire husbando made it stale when I got there.

Gah, now I feel awkward for saying that I love this zone especially because of the storyline involving Count Ravenwatch :D

I do have a soft spot for Bleakrock Isle, though. Not enough to vote for it over Rivenspire but... I do like its snowy viking village charme.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Rivenspire, because of the main quest... story was very memorable, one of the most engaging in the game, imo. The landscape is not to my liking, maybe except the area around Northpoint--very fitting overall for a Bronte novel though.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire
    I have always really liked Rivenspire. I'm certain it is because I like vampire stories, and I'm ok with that. :)
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle
    I really liked the storyline in Rivenspire but the snow gets my vote everytime.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle
    I liked that Bleakrock actually has some sense of complexity (Rana's backstory) as well as some sense of the over-arching plot (the invasion that heralds the later ones in Bal Foyen and Stonefalls).

Much as I hate Nords and Snow, it feels a lot better than Rivenspire does. Rivenspire in ESO reminds me of Moria in LoTRO. Both were places that I was very happy to be able to leave, and I had several characters that got that far before my motivation ran out.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    "Rivenspire, the Land of Women and War"
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle
    Rivenspire is so dark that you don't need a colour printer to print a screenshot. Bleakrock is rather bright, snowy and provides a good source of nodes to harvest. After a few months of running there I know every chest without a map.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    "Rivenspire, the Land of Women and War"

Yep. Unforgettable !

I really liked the main and side quests, and they even managed to make a "friendly vampire" NPC that didn't get on my nerves. Plus, Darien. And Daggerfall Covenant.

Bleakrock I found tiny, and a bit boring (the skeever quest was funny, though). And it's all that "Bohoo, the other alliances are sooo eeeevil!" again, that massively grated on my nerves.
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    max_only wrote: »

Vampire husbando ftw!
    PC EU & NA
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    Maybe the best vanilla zone in the game.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rivenspire
    I just don't like Bleakrock more. It bugs me it came out of nowhere and is in weird place on map (Blacklight should be there).
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    One of my fav places in the whole game....
  • Varana
    Varana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle
    I intensely dislike vampires. Especially vampires pretending to be your friend. :D

Bleakrock has one of the better storylines of the original game, and with all the snow, you don't realise so much how barren the 2014 landscapes are.

But it's a close call - Rivenspire is a full zone, after all.
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bleakrock Isle
    Bleakrock needs some love, guys!
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Bekkael
    Bekkael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rivenspire
    I love the Rivenspire story quests and just the whole atmosphere of the zone. I really like Bleakrock too...but Darien is going to win for me, every time.
    ~~ Lady Gamer ~~ ♥ ~~ Xbox NA ~~
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And Rivenspire kicks Bleakrock right in its bleak rocks!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.