The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

IT'S HERE! THE ESO BEST ZONE FORUM POLL COMPETITION!

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Alright everybody! Time for another TOTALLY BALLER FORUM POLL COMPETITION!

The zones entered are listed below, in the order they win/lose their various rounds. They are numbered only for the ease of picking each round's competitors with the RNG located at random.org by divining the will of Snugglorr the Magnificent, king of the RNG and Nirn's one TRUE god!

Zones eliminated in the preliminaries (the preliminated zones, hur hur hur) have been completely removed from the list never to be spoken of again.

Lastly, of COURSE there will be another super-secret final boss round. If you thought any differently, you are a silly person.

FIGHT!

A BIG SHOUTOUT TO @January1171 for making this sweet lineup for the ENITRE COMPETITION SO FAR!!

Best_ESO_Zone_Bossfinals.png

OFFICIAL STANDINGS:

HUZZAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!! (Zone Champion!)
1. SUMMERSET

BLARTY SHARTFART (Lost in the Boss Round)
1. /Zone

SHARTY FART (Lost in the Monofinals)
1. Vvardenfell

BLART (Lost in the Duofinals)
1. Hew's Bane
2. Rivenspire

SHART (Lost in the Tetrafinals)
1. Clockwork City
2. Wrothgar
3. Glenumbra
4. Gold Coast

FART (Lost in the Octofinals)
1. Craglorn
2. Stonefalls
3. Artaeum
4. Eastmarch
5. Northern Elsweyr
6. Deshaan
7. Bangkorai
8. Southern Elsweyr

WOMP WOMP (Lost in the Hexadecafinals)
1. The Rift
2. Coldharbour
3. Bal Foyen
4. Greenshade
5. Khenarthi's Roost
6. Murkmire
7. Betnikh
8. Evergloam
9. Stormhaven
10. Bleakrock Isle
11. Reaper's March
12. Stros M'Kai
13. Alik'r
14. Auridon
15. Grahtwood
16. Malabal Tor
Edited by Saucy_Jack on February 8, 2020 6:04PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Best zone is cracked wood cave.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First point of discussion: do individual dungeons/delves/trials/arenas count as their own zone? Or does, say, "Auridon" also cover all the delves/dungeons/etc. that exist within Auridon?
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Deshaan, where guars graze". It is unique and have vibrant feeling and immersive atmosphere and have chance to drop mother sorrow's inferno. Second one will be Bangkorai for similar reasons.
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Idk. Tbh idgaf. There is loading screen when u try to enter delve. So its valid to pick a delve for this competition
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    First point of discussion: do individual dungeons/delves/trials/arenas count as their own zone? Or does, say, "Auridon" also cover all the delves/dungeons/etc. that exist within Auridon?

Jack, imo with few exceptions majority doesn't remember how delve was named and also many players have different language and delve maybe named completely different then in English version.
    Also, if we want this competition to be something like "best of small locations", then all major zones should be excluded and only delves/public dungeons/POIs included. Otherwise big zones will win with huge margin.
    Edited by MartiniDaniels on October 26, 2019 8:56PM
  • Hotel6
    Hotel6
    ✭✭✭
    Mournhold cause of crafting and trading guilds radius.
  • worir5
    worir5
    ✭✭✭
    Character select screen is best zone
  • Lariana
    Lariana
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aw, I thought this was a loading screen competition, because then wouldn't this just have won outright?
    bdcmkmq5clx7.png
    Edited by Lariana on October 26, 2019 9:02PM
    Not even daedra have two left feet!
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rake wrote: »
    Idk. Tbh idgaf. There is loading screen when u try to enter delve. So its valid to pick a delve for this competition

Ikr lmao btw shadowfen is lit af abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvw xyz
  • Jaimeh
    Jaimeh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Realms, like Evergloam, Spiral Skein, The Coloured Rooms, etc.
    Edited by Jaimeh on October 26, 2019 9:14PM
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alright, we'll go by zones, NOT individual delves or dungeons or trials.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other please because most options or topics in general are stupid!

Ty
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have a winner
    Zr3ZK39.jpeg
  • AuraKoimizu
    AuraKoimizu
    ✭✭
    Summerset Isle
  • BoraxFlux
    BoraxFlux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elinhir Private Arena, mainly because of the traps, a nice addition to a PvP guild dueling there.

Lakemire Xanmeer Manor, the only build I know with 'real' huge windows, the outside inundated scenery is a treat for Argonian eyes.

Murkmire, Northern-and Southern Elsweyr, Summerset, awesome detailed architecture & landscaping.

Cyrodiil, battle is my bread and butter, tactics , teamwork and plenty of chaos are the brew I enjoy.
    The heap of gear on Sheo's chair, looks disturbingly alive.
    20190721221009-1.jpg
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    My picks are:
    - Wrothgar - interesting, very vertical zone with a nice city we get to see being built,
    - Vvardenfell - quite nice recreation of everybody's favourite island,
    - Hew's Bane - this zone's city, Abah's Landing, has a nice vertical feel to it with all those planks and roofs you can sneak on.
    - Coldharbour - it's inhospitable and menacing as it should be, best vanilla zone,
    - Stonefalls - my favourite vanilla zone, I find it the least dull of the original, non oblivion zones, plus the volcano looks awesome,
    - Clockwork City - I do love me some steampunk in the morning,

So, do we count dungeons too?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On then house front Snowglobe and Forgotten Grotto are tops...
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Gadamlub14_ESO
    Gadamlub14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lakemire xanmeer
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Best zone is of course my favorite: Deshaan. Thank you, try the pie.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hew's Bane. Best designed city map in general with tons of verticality for parkour action, well designed sectors with massive private areas for stealth based questing, well-designed NPCs etc. One of the few cities in ESO to give a feel of a medieval real bustling urban life.

Even outside the city, the vertality and beauty carries on to the rest of the zone including the delves. I remember the delve Shark's Teeth Grotto in Hew's bane, which is easily one of the most expansive delves in the game in both area and verticality without necessarily feeling hard to traverse.
  • LonePirate
    LonePirate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know about best; but Malabal Tor certainly has to be the frontrunner for the worst zone in the game. In addition to being exceptionally difficult to navigate, the zone has no significant town where players can congregate like Sentinel or Rawl'kha or Riften. There is not a memorable NPC or quest in the entire zone. In fact, the main quest for the zone is the worst one in the game. Were it not for the useful Spinner's set, the zone would a complete waste of time.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Evergloam, elsweyr, summerset, jodes embrace, psijic villa, artaeum, anywhere with volcanoes.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About a day and a half to get other zone suggestions in! Look at the list in the OP to see what's already included!
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Summerset. Beautiful music, cool story, compact main city, bright and beautiful, and has fishing spots that drop cool loot. What more could you ask for?
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shouldn’t houses and zones be different competitions? Kind of apples to oranges imho.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a bad decision to include house and zones together. Won't be fair poll with both together.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Point of discussion #2: should there be a separate competition for "zones" and "houses"?
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    Point of discussion #2: should there be a separate competition for "zones" and "houses"?

Yes pls
  • Claire
    Claire
    ✭✭✭
    Wait...there are other "zones"?! I've spent the last five years in Stros M'Kai.
  • gepe87
    gepe87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Clockwork City <3
    Gepe, Dunmer MagSorc Pact Grand Overlord | Gaepe, Bosmer MagSorc Dominion General

If you see edits on my replies: typos. English isn't my main language