Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we make pets untargetable now?

• MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a better solution: make tab targeting work not when your crosshair is strictly within the highlighted outline, but when you're just in range and in LOS.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    erio wrote: »
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    it makes sorcerers untargetable.
    it's not fair gameplay
    the same goes for any pet that is targetable.

Neither are trees, or rocks, or buildings. We must remove those from the game too. LOS is too OP.

That's kind of how games with collision detection work..they are physical objects represented in 3D space.

Just cause "thats how collision works" doesnt mean its a good thing. Look at the netch for warden.

"Good" is subjective. It's part of the play styles. Learn to stop clicking abilities when something is in your way, that's a L2P issue.

Why would I click the ability if I knew the pet would absorb it? Half the time when youre aiming at sorc the pet gets in the way... cmon this is a learn to read the post issue
    You also can't attack through trees rocks and buildings... So that's just a dumb argument. Any good player would agree that pets should be untargetable.

exactly
    well said
    all truth
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i know for a fact that the developers never intended for pets to completely dominate fights by absorbing 100% of all attacks and damage!
    and right now it is that way for sorcerers.
    sorcerers being in a state that makes them able to attack everyone, but no one able to attack and do damage to them because their pets are constantly blocking ALL incoming damage was never intended, and that's a Fact!
    the need to make pets untargetable is obvious.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

Neither are trees, or rocks, or buildings. We must remove those from the game too. LOS is too OP.

The sheer lack of combat understanding one would need in order to make such a mindless comment is almost unfathomable to me.

You might have a point if trees and rocks acted as one-way LOS in favour of one combatant. While ALSO soaking up the attacks of their opponent and wasting their GCDs. AND ALSO following the first combatant, providing mobile meatshielding on the go.

Until then, you're embarrassingly wrong, and pets need to be made untargetable.

(with concomitant nerfs such as the Matriarch heal readjustment mentioned earlier by @Derra)
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please ! This will probably be the biggest solo PVP buff for Mag sorcs in a long time
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets like the warden bear should be targetible since the caster is wasting an ultimate slot. Things like the robot from engine guardian should not be targetible, like warden jelly fish. The sorcs flying pet glitches out a lot making the sorc hard to target sometimes. I've noticed this when they are standing still. The targeting rectile while go bonkers switching from sorc to pet at mach 4 speeds.
    Edited by Dr_Ganknstein on November 26, 2019 8:40PM
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Part of having a sorc pet out in PvP is to have another target for the enemy. Good players can deal with the pets. Leave them alone.
  • DRTE
    DRTE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tab target does work to a degree not as well as it should but 1v1 vs pet builds you can bypass the pet and hit the player.
    DRAGON SPAWN

Tyrion septim. Stam DK
    Agneyastra. Mag DK
    Evil Buu. Mag Sorc
    Super Evil Buu. Stam Sorc
    Carmala Jabspammer. Magplar
    Get some help. Stamplar
    Plebby Longstockings. Stamblade
    Nightbot. Magblade
    Unslaad Krosis. Magden
    Dirty lich. Magcro
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Pros: constant Necropotence 5th bonus, pets cant be stunned – dont need to care healing them, matriarch heal is always available – dont need resto staff
    Cons: cant hide between pets

IMO overall it will be huge buff to petsorcs.

They could make Sorc pets similar to Shade in that they'd only last for 20 seconds or so. That would also solve the issues with pets in town — two birds with one stone.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pls no. Killing pets is kinda a crucial part of taking down pet sorcs. I'd much rather see the pet at a constant and minimum 2/3m distance from the caster, so that no los is possible.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are only to types of thread in this forum i have seen
    Nerf Sorcs
    Buff me i die to Sorcs

sorc's got nerfed into the ground and you still find something to complain about, maybe its a "l2p" issue after all this time and you still cant kill a sorc?

It's not about being able to kill sorc or not. I'm killing sorcs (pretty good ones) that are using or not pets, the thing is the ones with pets have handicap making the other choice less viable i
    Pls no. Killing pets is kinda a crucial part of taking down pet sorcs. I'd much rather see the pet at a constant and minimum 2/3m distance from the caster, so that no los is possible.

Maybe when you zerg or are an AoE monster, otherwise it's more effective to focus on sorc. If you pressure him good enough he will have sustain issues which leads not only to worse defense but also worse offense.

Pets are handicap for sorcs, same as bear for warden. But unlike sorc pets bear is ultimate taking 2 most important slots, thus I think it's the only pet that should retain its hitbox (same as pets summoned from sets, especially engine guardian).
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No one yet mentioned Engine Gaurdian on a Zoo Sorc? Or did I miss something...
    Edited by UrbanMonk on November 27, 2019 9:11AM
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • Zabagad
    Zabagad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To get the claimed "must be killable" issue together with fixing the LOS problem, I would guess a much smaller hitbox could fulfill both requirements? I assume making the hitbox smaller could be easier to implement for them, too?
    PC EU (noCP AD) Grey/Grau AD
  • katorga
    katorga
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please make pets untargetable!

Pet blocking doesn't protect me from good players, but untargetable pets would be a huge boost to healing from the matriarch, prevent me from being totally gimped when my pet dies, and completely remove any need to run a shield to protect the pet.

It might make the Necro blastbones more reliable too.
  • jaime1982
    jaime1982
    ✭✭✭✭
    Untargetable pets would be a huge buff to sorc, and it would rarely die if you have to aoe it(maybe jabs). No thanks. Keep as is
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

That's kind of how games with collision detection work..they are physical objects represented in 3D space.

Just cause "thats how collision works" doesnt mean its a good thing. Look at the netch for warden.

"Good" is subjective. It's part of the play styles. Learn to stop clicking abilities when something is in your way, that's a L2P issue.

Why would I click the ability if I knew the pet would absorb it? Half the time when youre aiming at sorc the pet gets in the way... cmon this is a learn to read the post issue
    You also can't attack through trees rocks and buildings... So that's just a dumb argument. Any good player would agree that pets should be untargetable.

exactly
    well said
    all truth

Rocks and Trees can't attack you. Combat pets can. Imagine a combat pet attacking you and you can't attack the pet back.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

I think that’s the one statement I’ve ever seen you make on the forums that I actually agree with.
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

exactly
    well said
    all truth

Rocks and Trees can't attack you. Combat pets can. Imagine a combat pet attacking you and you can't attack the pet back.

No need to imagine that, Shade already does it.

Just bring Sorc pets into line with Shade & make them untargetable & only last 20 seconds. There's no reason any class should have a 1 time cast ability that does damage for an indefinite amount of time with absolutely zero input from the player, while also shielding them from attack.

There are other potentially viable options as well, but the situation as it stands now is a bit absurd in my opinion.
    Edited by Langeston on November 27, 2019 10:19PM
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

exactly
    well said
    all truth

I don’t need to imagine pets that you can’t attack back, they already exist and they cause zero problems, it’s the targetable pets that cause trouble.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »

Pets are handicap for sorcs

The petsorc zerg I ran across the other day in Cyrodiil obviously didn't get THAT memo!
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pets are in no way a handicap to Sorcerers.

Not sure what the best route is but there needs to be some refinement in this area.
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    there are only to types of thread in this forum i have seen
    Nerf Sorcs
    Buff me i die to Sorcs

sorc's got nerfed into the ground and you still find something to complain about, maybe its a "l2p" issue after all this time and you still cant kill a sorc?

It's not about being able to kill sorc or not. I'm killing sorcs (pretty good ones) that are using or not pets, the thing is the ones with pets have handicap making the other choice less viable i

Maybe when you zerg or are an AoE monster, otherwise it's more effective to focus on sorc. If you pressure him good enough he will have sustain issues which leads not only to worse defense but also worse offense.

Pets are handicap for sorcs, same as bear for warden. But unlike sorc pets bear is ultimate taking 2 most important slots, thus I think it's the only pet that should retain its hitbox (same as pets summoned from sets, especially engine guardian).

A pet goes down in 2/3 hits, leaving the sorc with no heals, and probably less magicka (necropotence). They will try to recast the pet, and that's when, ideally, you kill the sorc. No need to zerg them down or stuff like that, this is basic 1v1 against a petsorc
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you make them untargettable, you can not kill them

All the good for me, I will just keep healing until the end

Can't tell how many times 20 people dropped their meh skills on me yet I heal 14 k a second

So yeah... be careful what you wish for :D
    Edited by Cirantille on November 28, 2019 10:52AM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    it's not fair gameplay

exactly
    well said
    all truth

No need to imagine that, Shade already does it.

Just bring Sorc pets into line with Shade & make them untargetable & only last 20 seconds. There's no reason any class should have a 1 time cast ability that does damage for an indefinite amount of time with absolutely zero input from the player, while also shielding them from attack.

There are other potentially viable options as well, but the situation as it stands now is a bit absurd in my opinion.

A fundamental change on every single aspect of the skills. Nice. Many pet sorcs asked for that because it would mean more useable skill slots for them. Along with other conveniences.

Everyone would be happy then, wouldn't they? Okay, probably not everyone. Stam Sorcs would lose their freshly gained pet again because they couldn't sustain it, Tank sorcs probably as well and the PvP forum would still be littered with nerf requests.

And while we're at it, do we make the secondary effect free on first activation, just like it is on shades? And do we put a debuff on it too? And wo we get rid of the cast time?

Furthermore I'll ignore that "absolutely zero input", "indefinite amount of time" and "any class" is just wrong, especially in PvP.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    it's not fair gameplay

Your shield blocks my sorc attack.

Please lower it.

Shield = supposed to block attack
    pet =/ supposed to block attack

Really?

I thought being attackable and dying while being a permanent 2 barspace toggle was part of pets intended design.

Basically everyone playing the game disagrees with that design choice - but saying pets aren´t supposed to absorb attacks that are poorly aimed is just not true.
    We can safely assume it´s exactly what they´re supposed to do - considering this has been complained about for over 4 years now and it hasn´t been changed so far.
    Edited by Derra on November 28, 2019 11:43AM
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A fundamental change on every single aspect of the skills. Nice. Many pet sorcs asked for that because it would mean more useable skill slots for them. Along with other conveniences.
    Yes.
    Everyone would be happy then, wouldn't they? Okay, probably not everyone. Stam Sorcs would lose their freshly gained pet again because they couldn't sustain it, Tank sorcs probably as well and the PvP forum would still be littered with nerf requests.
    Build for more sustain then — problem solved. If NBs can keep their shade up, why can't you handle something similar? Does literally everything need to be easier for sorcs? Have you been coddled for so long you've forgotten what it's like to have to balance between sustain, tankiness, & damage? If that's the case, you'll have to pardon me if I don't care if you're inconvenienced by having to make a tough decision for once.
    And while we're at it, do we make the secondary effect free on first activation, just like it is on shades? And do we put a debuff on it too? And wo we get rid of the cast time?
    I dunno, haven't given it that much thought. Like I said, bring it in line with Shade. Considering the secondary effect is pretty substantial, I'd say it should cost something, maybe half the initial cost? (Kind of like Grim Focus.)
    Furthermore I'll ignore that "absolutely zero input", "indefinite amount of time" and "any class" is just wrong, especially in PvP.
    Huh? What about any of that is incorrect?
    By "zero input" I meant your creatures fly/run around attacking people (some of whom you can't even see, let alone target) and shielding you from attack with zero input from you, aside from the initial cast. This is basically free unless they die — they also have special abilities on top of this.
    By "indefinite amount of time" I meant that they continue to do this indefinitely unless killed or unsummoned. (How is that not self explanatory?)
    By "any class" I meant ... I don't even know what I'm supposed to explain here, lol. WTF is your problem with me saying "any class"?
    Edited by Langeston on November 28, 2019 1:56PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes.
    Build for more sustain then — problem solved. If NBs can keep their shade up, why can't you handle something similar? Does literally everything need to be easier for sorcs? Have you been coddled for so long you've forgotten what it's like to have to balance between sustain, tankiness, & damage? If that's the case, you'll have to pardon me if I don't care if you're inconvenienced by having to make a tough decision for once.
    I dunno, haven't given it that much thought. Like I said, bring it in line with Shade. Considering the secondary effect is pretty substantial, I'd say it should cost something, maybe half the initial cost? (Kind of like Grim Focus.)
    By "zero input" I meant your creatures fly/run around attacking people (some of whom you can't even see, let alone target) and shielding you from attack with zero input from you, aside from the initial cast. This is basically free unless they die — they also have special abilities on top of this.
    By "indefinite amount of time" I meant that they continue to do this indefinitely unless killed or unsummoned. (How is that not self explanatory?)
    By "any class" I meant ... I don't even know what I'm supposed to explain here, lol. WTF is your problem with me saying "any class"?

To make it short, your nerf attempt would backfire on mag pet sorcs while you'd *** with every other pet sorc spec ( pve). Short sighted and not "given it that much thought" indeed. Or tell me where that stam/ tank pet has touched you.

And, if you think pets require "zero input" like shielding, healing, resummoning in pvp, you're just wrong. Just like you're wrong when you think Necro's Blastbones, Warden's bear or Sorc's pet weren't intended to be meat shields. The last 5 years should have made it clear.
    Edited by Chilly-McFreeze on November 28, 2019 2:35PM
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Yes.

To make it short, your nerf attempt would backfire on mag pet sorcs while you'd *** with every other pet sorc spec ( pve). Short sighted and not "given it that much thought" indeed. Or tell me where that stam/ tank pet has touched you.

And, if you think pets require "zero input" like shielding, healing, resummoning in pvp, you're just wrong. Just like you're wrong when you think Necro's Blastbones, Warden's bear or Sorc's pet weren't intended to be meat shields. The last 5 years should have made it clear.

That's either a sad attempt at straw man or you have very poor reading comprehension. I said this:
    ...a 1 time cast ability that does damage for an indefinite amount of time with absolutely zero input from the player, while also shielding them from attack.
    Literally everything about that sentence is true. Unless/until they get killed or unsummoned, your pets can & will auto attack people half way across the BG and/or shield you from attack, with zero input from you.

Why even respond to me if you're just going to be intellectually dishonest?

As far as the rest of your "argument," my initial comment wasn't intended to be some grand/final solution, it was an offhand remark I came up with while I was dropping a deucer — and it still makes at least as much sense as the current implementation.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Literally everything about that sentence is true. Unless/until they get killed or unsummoned, your pets can & will auto attack people half way across the BG and/or shield you from attack, with zero input from you.

That argument is flawed to begin with. You could also say you summon your shades and they can & will auto attack people with zero imput from you until they unsummon.

Yes, you need to recast them every 20secs but what you don't have to do is to keep them alive via shields and heals, which is what I'd call investment. And if you want to make good use of the scamp, you need to spend mag again for it's AoE/ stun.

Do you now get what I mean? How you set off the meatshield vs the 2 bar slots aspect is up for debate.

So why is spending mag for resummoning some kind of investment while spending mag for keeping the pets alive isn't?
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That argument is flawed to begin with. You could also say you summon your shades and they can & will auto attack people with zero imput from you until they unsummon.

Yes, you need to recast them every 20secs but what you don't have to do is to keep them alive via shields and heals, which is what I'd call investment. And if you want to make good use of the scamp, you need to spend mag again for it's AoE/ stun.

Do you now get what I mean? How you set off the meatshield vs the 2 bar slots aspect is up for debate.

So why is spending mag for resummoning some kind of investment while spending mag for keeping the pets alive isn't?

No, it's not flawed — you just skipped over the "indefinitely" part.

My main was a stamblade (now a magblade) and my first alt was a pet Sorc, so I've dealt with both. Sorc pet upkeep is just easier. (If it wasn't, I suspect you wouldn't be complaining about the thought of having them work like Shade.)

Here's the thing though: no one complains about shades — not Nightblades, and not the people that have to play against them. So why is it that Shade work for NBs without any problem, but implemening something similar with other pets is all of the sudden a horrific idea that will ruin the other classes?

I was in a BG against a team of 4 pet sorcs — so at any given time that was 8 pets, & if they ult-dumped that number jumps to 12. You couldn't hit the players because of their menagerie, but they could frag the sh*t out of you just fine from behind it. I'm sorry, but that's just f'ing insane.