Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Can we make pets untargetable now?

erio
erio
✭✭✭✭✭
Why must they be targettable?
  • They act as body shields on literally anything. If you are between the pet and the sorc, forget it, you can't damage that sorc.
  • How many ults have we all wasted on a pet?
  • Is it fun and rewarding to accidently hit a pet with something despite you clearly aiming at the player?
  • Should a passive ability really give you 100% damage reduction on some abilities due to them not actually hitting you?
Edited by erio on November 26, 2019 4:57PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That's kind of how games with collision detection work..they are physical objects represented in 3D space.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it makes sorcerers untargetable.
    it's not fair gameplay
    the same goes for any pet that is targetable.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    it's not fair gameplay

Neither are trees, or rocks, or buildings. We must remove those from the game too. LOS is too OP.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

Neither are trees, or rocks, or buildings. We must remove those from the game too. LOS is too OP.

Theres untargetable pets in the game already, shadowrend, mender, netch, skeleton archer, shadow image.

These abilities are a much healthier implementation of the pet mechanic than things like blastbones, warden bear, or winged twilight which provides 1-way LoS that the owner can fire through but that opponents have to strafe around.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 26, 2019 12:57AM
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

Which class has the most pets? I've never seen a warden use the bear ult.
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's kind of how games with collision detection work..they are physical objects represented in 3D space.

Just cause "thats how collision works" doesnt mean its a good thing. Look at the netch for warden.
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    erio wrote: »

Just cause "thats how collision works" doesnt mean its a good thing. Look at the netch for warden.

"Good" is subjective. It's part of the play styles. Learn to stop clicking abilities when something is in your way, that's a L2P issue.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Good" is subjective. It's part of the play styles. Learn to stop clicking abilities when something is in your way, that's a L2P issue.

Except the owner of the pet can click through their minion all they want, targetable pets are a 1-way LoS.

If really think that pets should behave like solid objects (for some reason) then have it work both ways. But, of course, that would be insane, so fully untargetable pets is the best solution.
    Edited by Jimmy_The_Fixer on November 26, 2019 2:13AM
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    sound like a nerf sorc thread
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    the only time I have a problem with pets is a wardens bear blocking a crafting table so you cant use the table without jumping on the table to find the one spot that will let you interact with it.
  • EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

Your shield blocks my sorc attack.

Please lower it.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They made the packleader's direwolf pets untargetable on top of taking away the damage...
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leave pets targetable for PvE, make them untargetable for PvP. Plain and simple but some passives based on pet death should be reworked then to.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are times I have seen the pet but not the sorc. If we cannot target the pet then that can be free damage.
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pros: constant Necropotence 5th bonus, pets cant be stunned – dont need to care healing them, matriarch heal is always available – dont need resto staff
    Cons: cant hide between pets

IMO overall it will be huge buff to petsorcs.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh. I am not sure why they are still targetable... When ZOS nerfed pack leader (Werewolf ulti morph with 2 pets) they made WW pets untargetable, and their argument (developer comment) was something like: "it was only causing targetting errors & confusion".
    As far as I can tell NB's shades (those count as pets too) are also untargetable.

So for the sake of consistency, they should make all combat pets to work that way, unless they have double standards...
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on November 26, 2019 7:41AM
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because there should always be a carry class... you know like Moira and Junk in OW. I don't mean skill ceiling of course, but in the low/middle ground those classes are just a bit easier to play. Teleport, frag stealing, pet body block etc. Something for newbies to get used to PVP.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »
    Pros: constant Necropotence 5th bonus, pets cant be stunned – dont need to care healing them, matriarch heal is always available – dont need resto staff

Pssst. Don’t tell them. Let them come back After more shed tears.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pauls wrote: »

Very good points. The Immortal Pet Sorc for sure.
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Matriarch and scamp need to be untargetable for sure.

But atronach, as an immobile ultimate that combine both offense and defense, need to stay targetable. The ultimate would become so bad if you remove half it's usage.
  • UrbanMonk
    UrbanMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EmEm_Oh wrote: »
    it's not fair gameplay

Please lower it.

Trolls will be Trolls.
    Urban.Monk

-Monk I- Magden- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Tsürügi- MagBlade- ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    -Bantam Bomber- MagPlar- AVA28
    -Hot Nöödle- MagDK - AVA37
    -Pablo Necrobar- StamCro- AVA24

youtube.com/c/UrbanMonkGaming
    Easiest mDK for vMA and vVH- https://youtu.be/dUxQO1FO1XQ

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Balance for the Sake of Balance is no Balance at all.
  • FPH
    FPH
    ✭✭
    Tbh. I am not sure why they are still targetable... When ZOS nerfed pack leader (Werewolf ulti morph with 2 pets) they made WW pets untargetable, and their argument (developer comment) was something like: "it was only causing targetting errors & confusion".
    As far as I can tell NB's shades (those count as pets too) are also untargetable.

So for the sake of consistency, they should make all combat pets to work that way, unless they have double standards...

WW wolves and NB shade do only dmg. But sorc pets heal and stun too on cast. So if you do a 1vs1 or want to kill a pet sorc it s often better to kill the matriarch first and interupt the recast. It becomes an easy win for you. Killing WW wolves or shade would a complete waste of time and ressources, but if you kill the pets from a pet sorc it isn´t
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also make the twilight heal over atleast 3s then - so it´s not an OP spammed heal without being killable.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    there are only to types of thread in this forum i have seen
    Nerf Sorcs
    Buff me i die to Sorcs

sorc's got nerfed into the ground and you still find something to complain about, maybe its a "l2p" issue after all this time and you still cant kill a sorc?
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

Why would I click the ability if I knew the pet would absorb it? Half the time when youre aiming at sorc the pet gets in the way... cmon this is a learn to read the post issue
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

Please lower it.

Shield = supposed to block attack
    pet =/ supposed to block attack
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there are only to types of thread in this forum i have seen
    Nerf Sorcs
    Buff me i die to Sorcs

sorc's got nerfed into the ground and you still find something to complain about, maybe its a "l2p" issue after all this time and you still cant kill a sorc?

These are the type of sorc comments i've seen:
    • l2p her her
    • sorc is perfect her her ur just bad her her
  • erio
    erio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FPH wrote: »

WW wolves and NB shade do only dmg. But sorc pets heal and stun too on cast. So if you do a 1vs1 or want to kill a pet sorc it s often better to kill the matriarch first and interupt the recast. It becomes an easy win for you. Killing WW wolves or shade would a complete waste of time and ressources, but if you kill the pets from a pet sorc it isn´t

Nb pet lets you teleport?
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    it's not fair gameplay

Please lower it.

Shield = supposed to block attack
    pet =/ supposed to block attack

Wut? You're demonstrably wrong. Some pets are supposed to block attacks and it's not just Sorc pets either. Bear, Blastbones, Engine Guardian... just some right off the top of my head. Old and newly designed pets too.

Your statement is merely your own opinion that is in contradiction the developers' actual intent. Not to mention in contradiction with basic Newtonian physics too.
    EU | PC | AD
  • scubasteve28
    scubasteve28
    ✭✭
    You also can't attack through trees rocks and buildings... So that's just a dumb argument. Any good player would agree that pets should be untargetable.