Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Issues with Orc passives

• ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Commenting again so that thread remains visible.
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    BloodSkull_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Weapon damage passive applies as a negative instead of a positive.

https://youtu.be/EsiEmyvLfiw

-_- that's enlightening right there fkn watch it take longer then 3 months i bet it will be like this for a year
  • Rykoth
    Rykoth
    ✭✭✭✭
    While I do think it's important to keep it visible let's chill out, be patient for the fix, and then unleash Malacath's fury when all is well again.
    Gorthal gro-Gunthak, Chieftain of Mor'Grumaar
    Sigrun Elkhorn, Nordic Warrior and Skald

Mor'Grumaar - Orcish Stronghold Roleplay
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI that we're aware of this issue. We haven't gotten a fix for it yet, but will be working on it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno two weeks later, have you found a fix for it yet? A "heads up" would be greatly appreciated!
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just an FYI that we're aware of this issue. We haven't gotten a fix for it yet, but will be working on it.

@ZOS_GinaBruno two weeks later, have you found a fix for it yet? A "heads up" would be greatly appreciated!

You can be quite certain that they got a fix for it, it just aint a priority I guess.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    So movement speed and 258 SCALEABLE, CONSTANT regen isnt enough? Bosmer is much stronger than you think. Don't get me wrong, Id love to see bosmers to get their stealth back, however, it will come with a nerf to an important aspect if they do. Redguards are pigeon holed enough, do you want to see bosmers the same?

The problem with the bosmer stealth debate is stealth was replaced with a detection passive that is virtually useless in PvE and outright detrimental to PvP. There's 3 separate threads spanning 100+ pages thoroughly, extensively outlining and proving this to be the case with hard evidence and that Bosmer are the ONLY race to have such a blatantly broken and counterproductive passive. The only answer anyone's gotten on that debate is an ignored, locked thread.

Not saying ZoS doesn't do some things right, but race changes haven't been one of them. At least Orc's are getting a "we know its broken and we're looking into it". If you ever see the actual results of that... well, I wish Orcs the best of luck. Hopefully you get a fix.

And hey, at least these other posts keep bumping this thread to the top ;) for all the good it did for the bosmer threads, which is to say not much at all.

My gosh, aren't you ignorant. There is a huge difference with passives working and not doing what YOU would like or expect. Entitlement mucn. Versus damn passives literally NOT working at all. Go put your tin foil hat back..
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    turlisley wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett

Will one of you please press the pretty button that grants free race-change tokens?
    Give 2 free race-change tokens to all accounts with an Orc character -- 1 token to change their current Orc to something else, and 1 token to change their race back to Orc should the player decide to, if and when the Orc passives ever start working properly. Likely never. "No ETA!"
    Does ZeniMax Online Studios even have an in-house Quality Assurance / Quality Control team? If so, where are they? :|
    SMDH.

2 tokens per orc per account
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Has it been 3 weeks now with this bug and only one response?
  • CleymenZero
    CleymenZero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a joke? They don't want quit threads but they're telling us to *** off??!!!

I asked customer service for tokens and they laughed at me...
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Just to give everyone an update, we're currently testing a fix for this issue and plan to include it in a future incremental patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Saltisol
    Saltisol
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to give everyone an update, we're currently testing a fix for this issue and plan to include it in a future incremental patch.

Try not to brake something else.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Appreciate your reply @ZOS_GinaBruno, keep us updated please!
  • bossonova420
    bossonova420
    ✭✭
    I was just reading the recent comments and I main an orc templar who happens to be my master craftsmen as well... It took 130 posts to get it looked at.... I get weird feelings over this, 1) i'm happy they looking into the orc problem 2) after 130 posts and a couple weeks is it considered a win? I was also reading in the recent comments about the wood elves, they seem to be in a longer fight to fix a problem... I feel a little for those who main wood elves and don't know about it at all....
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please don't make console wait several extra weeks for the fix.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just reading the recent comments and I main an orc templar who happens to be my master craftsmen as well... It took 130 posts to get it looked at.... I get weird feelings over this, 1) i'm happy they looking into the orc problem 2) after 130 posts and a couple weeks is it considered a win? I was also reading in the recent comments about the wood elves, they seem to be in a longer fight to fix a problem... I feel a little for those who main wood elves and don't know about it at all....

Oh I don't know about the Wood Elf issue, I have one I play but haven't in a while (14 toons and not enough time in the day). Can you tell me the issue and/or link the page that describes it? Thanks so much!
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Incremental patch, does this means about 3 more weeks at least? If so can we truly get 2 tokens per orc per account so I can play my main in the game mode that I play 80% of the time. For real
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should be next week for PC then, and next DLC for Console hahaha
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@FENGRUSH See that? Orcs will someday be #GreatAgain :D
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on November 7, 2019 12:36AM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I don't know about the Wood Elf issue, I have one I play but haven't in a while (14 toons and not enough time in the day). Can you tell me the issue and/or link the page that describes it? Thanks so much!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459007/wood-elf-bosmer-losing-stealth-passive-an-open-letter/p1
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • fbours
    fbours
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/459007/wood-elf-bosmer-losing-stealth-passive-an-open-letter/p1

You are comparing apples to oranges when you ask for justice to wood elf's passives. Wood elf's passives ARE working, not exactly the way you want it but they are working. Orc passives are literally NOT working when you got to no cp environments.
    Edited by fbours on November 7, 2019 1:33AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please move your wood elf discussion elsewhere. This thread is about a bugged passive on orcs, not a passive that we just don't like. I can understand you being unhappy with the wood elf passive, but it is working as intended. Orcs are dealing with a passive that is having the opposite effect of what is intended in no CP. Some of the community's distaste for the wood elf passive is not analogous and the repeated references thereto do not advance this discussion.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please keep this thread on topic.
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    future incremental patches are the best

keep holding onto that hope <3
  • labambao
    labambao
    ✭✭✭✭
    DA ORKS GOEZ FASTA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For console, this fix is targeted for next year.
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can we get some clarity about how the issue happened or what is causing it? To be fair the Dev team pushed a large racial overhaul not too long ago and now racials don't even work... it's just another one of those long sigh moments within the development of this game lately.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please move your wood elf discussion elsewhere. This thread is about a bugged passive on orcs, not a passive that we just don't like. I can understand you being unhappy with the wood elf passive, but it is working as intended. Orcs are dealing with a passive that is having the opposite effect of what is intended in no CP. Some of the community's distaste for the wood elf passive is not analogous and the repeated references thereto do not advance this discussion.

Except it’s not working as intended when it gives you away earlier if you have the passive than if you don’t have the passive. Also good luck reigning in these forums to keep things on topic, we almost had 100 pages and were shut down due to trolls.

Just look at these as free bumps for your issue, keeping the thread views high and active.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    max_only wrote: »

Except it’s not working as intended when it gives you away earlier if you have the passive than if you don’t have the passive. Also good luck reigning in these forums to keep things on topic, we almost had 100 pages and were shut down due to trolls.

Just look at these as free bumps for your issue, keeping the thread views high and active.

Most likely its the same thing thats reversing the orc passive, I mean, why testing stuff before going live am i right?
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Saltisol wrote: »

Ok they'll go pedal to the metal on the nerfs lol
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cyclonus11 wrote: »
    Saltisol wrote: »

Ok they'll go pedal to the metal on the nerfs lol

Unfortunately, that's probably going to be the case. Rather than suddenly "buff" Orcs by repairing their passive, they will probably nerf all the other racial passives to be 'keeping in line with our passive ability audit.'
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.