The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Issues with Orc passives

• WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not important

#noeta
    PC EU
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went into pvp today and was missing around 700 wep damage. I have no idea how that's even possible. 3800 out of cyro and when I entered I had 3100.

Actually pathetic that the only fix for this gamebreaking bug is to spend money on a racechange.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skoomah wrote: »
    This thread is about getting the Orc passives fixed. Please keep the thread on topic.

100% agree. With all of the random off-topic stuff in this thread, I think some people are missing the point and this issue isn't getting as much attention as it should.

But it's already been answered. No fix, but they plan to work on it at some point.

Just an FYI that we're aware of this issue. We haven't gotten a fix for it yet, but will be working on it.

Edited by Jaraal on November 2, 2019 5:49AM
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    But ti's already been answered. No fix, but they plan to work on it at some point.

Just an FYI that we're aware of this issue. We haven't gotten a fix for it yet, but will be working on it.

It's not good enough though.

I enter pvp and have 700 less weapon damage than I should have, that is ridiculous. This should have been fixed before the patch even went live.

Edited by Crixus8000 on November 2, 2019 7:08AM
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It should've been hotfixed or in that first emergency patch.

Some people aren't even playing this patch because of this bug.
    PC EU
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is about getting the Orc passives fixed. Please keep the thread on topic.

100% agree. With all of the random off-topic stuff in this thread, I think some people are missing the point and this issue isn't getting as much attention as it should.

But it's already been answered. No fix, but they plan to work on it at some point.

I'm aware that zos has commented, albeit stating their disappointing lack of urgency.

I'm primarily interested and making sure the community is aware of this bug. Folks should know if their race is broken, and if more people express dissatisfaction, zos may adopt a sense of urgency regarding a fix.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Cundu_Ertur
    Cundu_Ertur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ... if more people express dissatisfaction, zos may adopt a sense of urgency regarding a fix.

What a grand and intoxicating innocence! 100+ pages on Bosmer and Argonian passives, and they are still broken. Probably more pages than that over uncountable threads about performance in general. Don't mistake me, I wish you well in your impossible quest to impart a sense of concern. Good luck. You'll need it.
    Taking stealth away from the Bosmer is like taking magic away from the Altmer, making Nords allergic to mead, or making Orcs pretty.
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would just give more information rather than just saying they are aware of it. Like they have been aware of many bugs and they still didn't get fixed untill years later.

So I'm wondering If have to wait years to play this game again or spend my own money to fix the issue.

I did a test fully buffed. It seemed to lessen the loss but I'm still losing near 500 weapon damage because of this bug. http://prntscr.com/prlovo I don't understand this because the orc passive alone doesn't even give that much weapon damage so by being orc it's just reducing my weapon damage by 500 instead of the passive just not working ?

Edited by Crixus8000 on November 3, 2019 2:29AM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone know when this bug first appeared? I'm wondering how long I have been playing with a built-in disadvantage without even knowing due to my broken race.
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone knows if it is only in no cp? Also if its not visuals (ie the tooltips actually get the weapon dmg buff)
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yuffie91 wrote: »
    Vanos444 wrote: »
    kLWJm5V.png

I truly hate TES Orcs. They are weak, in lore, racial and personality.
    While, the Orcs in WoW are truly conquers.
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcTdRI13rfRk07jQrFTn2VTOTYiNgQyLxUdtAHJbrruOMotox5ng

ESO Orcs
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSxiKbzoYoKuueL-XVcPlmcIgyROwtN3Wf7Ly8IY2VIUborFLKx

The ESO Orcs are like orc peons of wow
    images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcSgNxaS5Ubr8Zek9BevY-mtVhmCrvzyK7eizXCLAG49SYrAObNm

Edit: the truth is, these orcs in TES we're elves or Altmer/Dunmer elves that followed the wrong path and became what they are.. .a poor version of orcs.

Seems kind of unfair to put up epic wow drawings and then a picture of a lame orc from eso ingame!

It's called bias.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JobooAGS wrote: »
    thegreatme wrote: »
    Crixus8000 wrote: »
    I really hope this gets fixed quickly. There is no point in playing no cp and bgs when you have such a huge disadvantage.
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    This is how it feels to play argonian.

Or a bosmer.

You do realize that bosmers are much stronger than you think and if they get steath back, they WILL be nerfed in some major aspect

They removed the damage from stealth bonus that both Bosmer and Khajiit had as racial passives before the revamp. If they just restore the stealth radius detection portion of it (as Khajiit now has), it will still be an overall nerf from the previous Bosmer passive. And it might encourage more people to play wood elves again.

So movement speed and 258 SCALEABLE, CONSTANT regen isnt enough? Bosmer is much stronger than you think. Don't get me wrong, Id love to see bosmers to get their stealth back, however, it will come with a nerf to an important aspect if they do. Redguards are pigeon holed enough, do you want to see bosmers the same?
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even play Orc, but if this isn't fixed in this week's patch then ZoS are a terrible developer.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will comment on the status Monday, as one of a number of priorities that are needed to be addressed within the game.

#fixtheorcs :|

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • Cerilon
    Cerilon
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno how is the working on it going?
  • Drako_Ei
    Drako_Ei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zo$ is waiting for you to race change, then, they will fix it
  • thegreatme
    thegreatme
    ✭✭✭✭
    So movement speed and 258 SCALEABLE, CONSTANT regen isnt enough? Bosmer is much stronger than you think. Don't get me wrong, Id love to see bosmers to get their stealth back, however, it will come with a nerf to an important aspect if they do. Redguards are pigeon holed enough, do you want to see bosmers the same?

The problem with the bosmer stealth debate is stealth was replaced with a detection passive that is virtually useless in PvE and outright detrimental to PvP. There's 3 separate threads spanning 100+ pages thoroughly, extensively outlining and proving this to be the case with hard evidence and that Bosmer are the ONLY race to have such a blatantly broken and counterproductive passive. The only answer anyone's gotten on that debate is an ignored, locked thread.

Not saying ZoS doesn't do some things right, but race changes haven't been one of them. At least Orc's are getting a "we know its broken and we're looking into it". If you ever see the actual results of that... well, I wish Orcs the best of luck. Hopefully you get a fix.

And hey, at least these other posts keep bumping this thread to the top ;) for all the good it did for the bosmer threads, which is to say not much at all.
    Join my Nocturnal-devoted Mercenary Reach guild! https://esokrakeclan.weebly.com/
    My Artstation | Deviantart | Youtube | Furaffinity

Thank You ZoS!:
    ◙ Blackfeather Court banker/merchant
    ◙ Gloam Indrik
    ◙ Re-release Gloam Wolf Mount

Let's See It Happen ZoS:
    ◙ /honorloop emote
    ◙ cross-legged sitting emote
    ◙ Evergloam house
    ◙ Hagraven Polymorph
    ◙ Hagraven Houseguest
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please keep this thread on topic about the orc passive.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Gina and Jessica, any word on when we can see a fix? Thank you.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thegreatme wrote: »
    I really hope this gets fixed quickly. There is no point in playing no cp and bgs when you have such a huge disadvantage.
    Drako_Ei wrote: »
    This is how it feels to play argonian.

Or a bosmer.

You do realize that bosmers are much stronger than you think and if they get steath back, they WILL be nerfed in some major aspect

They removed the damage from stealth bonus that both Bosmer and Khajiit had as racial passives before the revamp. If they just restore the stealth radius detection portion of it (as Khajiit now has), it will still be an overall nerf from the previous Bosmer passive. And it might encourage more people to play wood elves again.

The regen is in a different passive, Y'ffre's Endurance. But it's cancelled out because Hunter's Eye requires you to burn more stamina to spam roll dodge for 5 seconds of speed (at least 1 sec is spent rolling). And nobody is asking for a buff. They can trade their uber (snicker) stealth detection for the (worthless, according to them) stealth radius reduction, no buff.

Please keep this thread on topic about the orc passive.

Sorry. Go Orcs! We Bosmer feel your pain.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , any word on a fix for Orc passives?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is not a priority to zos. It does not increase their profits. So, it will most likely be put off til the next dlc.
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MajBludd wrote: »
    This is not a priority to zos. It does not increase their profits. So, it will most likely be put off til the next dlc.

This is probably, sadly, true.

Name another game that would put off a player character being broken to the point of passives not working, more than a day or two? I'll wait.

This should be hot fixed as fast as a crown store issue would be. It's literally affecting gameplay at the character level. Not getting this fixed as fast as possible is ridiculous.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »
    This should be hot fixed as fast as a crown store issue would be. It's literally affecting gameplay at the character level. Not getting this fixed as fast as possible is ridiculous.

It's possible that they don't know how to fix it. That seems to be true for many years-long bugs, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility for this issue as well. Gina said there is no fix currently, so obviously they are still trying to find out what broke about it and why.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hopefully they will fix it by removing the health passive.
    Playing since beta...
  • Crixus8000
    Crixus8000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried removing the passive and it actually increased my weapon damage by around 200, so not only is the weapon damage and sprint from the passive not working but it's also decreasing weapon damage for some reason.

So a loss of around 300 weapon damage from the passive (after brutality) and then a loss of around 200 weapon damage for no apparent reason. So for now it's better to just not have points in the passive since your weapon damage should be higher without it.

Edited by Crixus8000 on November 3, 2019 5:36PM
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tried removing the passive and it actually increased my weapon damage by around 200, so not only is the weapon damage and sprint from the passive not working but it's also decreasing weapon damage for some reason.

So a loss of around 300 weapon damage from the passive (after brutality) and then a loss of around 200 weapon damage for no apparent reason. So for now it's better to just not have points in the passive since your weapon damage should be higher without it.

Wtf?

Unacceptable.

I really like ESO, but the sheer volume of issues ZOS creates is becoming very frustrating.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Look, I know you are dealing with a lot but can we please have an update on the passive issues, it would be highly appreciated. This is the equivalent of a a Mundus stone not working. Thank you very much. :smile:

I am starting to test passives on other races, as well. If anyone has found anything be sure to let them know. Thnx.

@ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno

#fixtheorcs :'(

Please keep this topic going, if possible.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on November 3, 2019 7:51PM
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_MattFiror @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_RobGarrett

Will one of you please press the pretty button that grants free race-change tokens?
    Give 2 free race-change tokens to all accounts with an Orc character -- 1 token to change their current Orc to something else, and 1 token to change their race back to Orc should the player decide to, if and when the Orc passives ever start working properly. Likely never. "No ETA!"
    Does ZeniMax Online Studios even have an in-house Quality Assurance / Quality Control team? If so, where are they? :|
    SMDH.
    Edited by turlisley on November 3, 2019 8:07PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • rafaelcsmaia
    rafaelcsmaia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

It's possible that they don't know how to fix it. That seems to be true for many years-long bugs, so it's not beyond the realm of possibility for this issue as well. Gina said there is no fix currently, so obviously they are still trying to find out what broke about it and why.

Not being able to test and fix something so basic as a passive skill within days is a statement of incompetence. Still, this would be better than not caring, since u can always hire some better devs, whereas not caring is a statement of a terrible customer service
  • Vanzen
    Vanzen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing in patch notes, if you can believe it ...

One of the stam race most played in no cp pvp (specially BG) utterly useless ...

This is so unacceptable

• TheChinbone
    TheChinbone
    ✭✭
    How can we waaagh when you keep nerfing our dakka ya gitz!