Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why are players dropping like flies?

siddique
siddique
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
So, what's the plan? All the big guilds seem to be disbanding or have disbanded on PS4, I have heard of an exodus pre dragonhold on PC as well. All the veteran players seem to have lost interest or just stopped bothering.

It's getting harder to find a good group to even do vSS. Forget vCR. Yes, there are a few groups running around doing the hardest content but it seems a huge number of population has given way.

Is this the beginning of the end? I've played on PC since 2015 and on PS4 since 2018. Things haven't been so dismal in the past 4-plus years.

P.S, I understand dps dropped considerably this patch making the end game harder than before. But most of that content was being done with even less of a damage output when it came out.

Is it perhaps because of the absolute clueless attitude of ZOS? Like triggering people because they can't figure out what they are doing patch after patch?

I'm just trying to figure out if I should invest more time and money or maybe finally move on and wait for a new Elder Scrolls :/

Edit: no this is not a I quit thread. I still love this game and hope that I am wrong about my feelings.
Edited by siddique on November 1, 2019 9:43PM
"Knee-jerk reactionist."
Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're not? I mean I always find players to play with.
    Edited by OG_Kaveman on November 2, 2019 6:02PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it is a little overly dramatic to suggest players are dropping like flies and all the big guild are disbanding. Granted, idk anything about PS4 so maybe they are unique but I have seen people crying about this since the game launched yet the game has managed to survive.

BTW, I am not suggesting there is not a decline in game population as I am pretty sure there is due to change fatigue. But certainly not dropping like flies.
  • bloodstorms
    bloodstorms
    Soul Shriven
    I’d edit out that last bit about stopping or it’ll just get closed due to it being “a quitting thread”. I know that most of the pvp community that I played with quit the game recently as well. There does seem to be a rather large outflow of players.
  • siddique
    siddique
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I think it is a little overly dramatic to suggest players are dropping like flies and all the big guild are disbanding. Granted, idk anything about PS4 so maybe they are unique but I have seen people crying about this since the game launched yet the game has managed to survive.

BTW, I am not suggesting there is not a decline in game population as I am pretty sure there is due to change fatigue. But certainly not dropping like flies.

Well it's good to know PC isn't as bad. Maybe I am overly concerned but a few really good top end guilds disbanded on PS4 because of a lack of participation. At least half of my friends (to be on the safe side, if not more) have stopped playing in this past one month alone. :/

And I agree the game has survived for five years and will perhaps do in the future, hopefully.
    "Knee-jerk reactionist."
    Lost Depths, 2015-2022.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    EU PC is very crowded and the servers cannot keep with all the ppl.
    Not that the servers are the best but still, the game is extremely popular.
    Because I can!
  • bloodstorms
    bloodstorms
    Soul Shriven
    I think probably the hardest part of this game is playing it after all your friends have left. Trying to find a new community is rough, although I suppose you can always make a new one and teach pugs game mechanics.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Because getting nerfed every single patch is getting really old.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every MMORPG I’ve played has people saying that people are leaving, the game is dying, etc., etc. Maybe it was true to some degree in SWTOR that they had to merge servers or maybe there were other reasons for that. In any case, all said games are still around and I suspect that such sentiments are from people unhappy with the game themselves and/or those who have had groups/guilds break-up, which isn’t abnormal or even necessarily bad as it is normal for people’s interests, priorities, etc. to change, especially over the course of years.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some streamers are moving on to other games. :/
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    siddique wrote: »

Well it's good to know PC isn't as bad. Maybe I am overly concerned but a few really good top end guilds disbanded on PS4 because of a lack of participation. At least half of my friends (to be on the safe side, if not more) have stopped playing in this past one month alone. :/

And I agree the game has survived for five years and will perhaps do in the future, hopefully.

I doubt PS4 is seeing anything more significant that PC/Mac is. People create these threads/form such an opinion based on a very limited view of the player population as we cannot see the health of the entire game form the view of a handful of guilds.

Guilds decline all the time for various reasons. As I said, people have been crying out that the sky is falling for over 5 years now and the sky is still there.
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xb Na is still crowded in the usual spots. PVP is hit or miss, but has been for a very long time. I'm sure there is some outflow but I've already adjusted my fully levelled toons to compensate for the next patch. Personally, I don't think it's as bad as they're saying.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of the 5 guilds I am in that used to be full at 500 they are now averaging about 150.
    PS4 NA.
  • SoLooney
    SoLooney
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see quite a few end game raiders and teams disbanding due to quitting and getting bored of the game

But I still see plenty of role players and casuals running around tamriel
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am in three very strong guilds on the NA PC side. And in my main one we just had a meeting about this two or three days ago.

I feel there is a certain sense of fatigue in the huge swings the combat changes are bringing on, connected with the combat system feel very uninspired and bland. (Exacerbated by the myriad of system issues this patch has introduced.) The actual quest combat is strong, but the combat system is very weak.

My main guild is still retaining a lot of people, but there is a definite sense of the fraying of the edges.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wait til ZOS reveals the Trailer for 2020's Skyrim Chapter. Everyone will flood back for the nostalgia, just like with Vvardenfell.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Performance is still poor.
    Huge swings in balance resulting in player fatigue.
    New content in uninteresting. Either ridiculously hard (godslayer) or trivially easy. The story is lazy and basically copy pasted areas from the expansion.
    Necro has poor mechanics and zos has not done anything to address it.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeez.... things are so busy in Vivec during the DAY (like 7 am to 4 pm MT) I get fatigued just having a bajillion people around me all the time (PC/NA). Usually I rush through crafting as fast as I can so I can just GET OUT OF DODGE - er, Vivec....

Now I don't play in the evening at all, so I don't have anything to compare to there.
  • Kali_Despoine
    Kali_Despoine
    ✭✭✭✭
    As I said, people have been crying out that the sky is falling for over 5 years now and the sky is still there.
    and then there was Tamriel One, remember that? Why did they merge the servers? Population me thinks

inb4 but that was so you can play w/ friends in other factions. Just try and log your Daggerfall toon on an Ebonheart Cyrodill server and say that to me again.
    edit: forgot (OP) The plan is to stop funding money into the game until the major combat changes are done. Then see if the game is still FUN and make the choice then. But stop funding them until they are done!
    Edited by Kali_Despoine on November 1, 2019 10:27PM
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are killing it..
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol. Hyperbolic at best. School started back up for a lot of people. New games were released. Typically there is a lull this time of year. Seems about the same people still on. Doom, gloom, the sky is falling. QQ.
  • Zacuel
    Zacuel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The end is near we're all doomed.

Game over man.
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems to be lots of people around on pc.. Whether they are the kind of player that does vet trials i couldnt say.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    No data to back it up, but it feels like many of the more seasoned players have left in the last few months; however, in the guild that I help facilitate we have several new players, and in the pre-Dragonhold patch we've been introducing players to trials. So perhaps it's mostly the players who have been around longer who are leaving.

I'm on Console, so I'll wait and see what happens with the latest patch and our progression.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance lock, ABSOLUTELY CONSTANT NERFS TO EVERY SKILL THAT WAS FUN, performance was supposed to go up this patch and other patches-has gone down significantly this patch, complete race rework at 3k crowns per change and already mention of future "adjustments", my afraid crown store changes signal upcoming P2W implementation. The list goes on. The current devs got ahold of ESO and decided to make a new game that everyone hates rather than maintain the one we've been playing. Simple.

If ZOS looks at the money they have made from race change they will see how unethical race change was to start with when it costs cash to change. I dont care about the few free ones. I have way more characters

I'm paying 100k per 13 character to remove from main campaign right now so I can join the locked 30 day on a blue as all other campaigns are DEAD and lve been AD on all characters for years. Ridiculous and has been

My feedback and anyone in this threads feedback will be ignored, and they will make more nerfs based on one person who doesnt know how to play making threads that get a lot of attention because people are so against the proposed change that they open it and just bump it in the process. Zos will say, "2k views and few hundred comments?! NERF IT!!!"
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on November 1, 2019 10:47PM
  • jazsper77
    jazsper77
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t bother trying to state the obvious on these boards. The usual suspects will come running in saying it’s crowded everywhere and all Guilds are full , etc etc etc

Here is my facts
    I’m in 30 Guilds 3 platforms and 2 servers. Every single Guild is down 30-50% in the the last 6 months. These are top tier Guilds not refuge squatters.

But the game is fine no issues what so ever. Oh wait the event got extended cuz players couldn’t log in to play. But to the usual suspects nothing to see here.
    Edited by jazsper77 on November 1, 2019 10:49PM
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Let's see - kids are back in school, parents have stuf to do, it's the between content lull until next Chapter. Very few people come back for dungeon packs. Things will pick up over winter holidays, then drop off again until May-ish.

The retirees, stay-at-home's, too ill to work, unemployed, etc are still here. Even though ZOS screwed the in-game economy with no new furnishings or patterns in Dragonhold. I'm half tempted to stop playing until New Life: prices are tanking on everything except Witches Festival items, and no one is buying anything other than event items (which are going to quickly lose value)
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on November 1, 2019 10:55PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Server performance I think. I’ve noticed a lot less players on PC-NA.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i dont know what any of you are talking about. the game is livelier than ever.
    the devs have done a great job, and have allowed for a tremendous amount of diverse builds in scalebreaker and even more with the changes made in Dragonhold. I can now play how I want without having to worry about my build not being meta.
    these new combat devs clearly know what they are doing and talking about.
    I for one, cannot wait to see what they think up next.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what figures you are using but eso has been a lot more lively as of late, heck my 3 small guilds are now maxed with tons if ppl on daily
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think ZOS is clueless. I think they are somewhat tone deaf as to what players feel makes their game fun to play.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus