The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Which zone is the WORST for collecting Surveys?

• tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen
    tmbrinks wrote: »
    Blacksmithing Survey in Northern Elsweyr is my new least favorite.

Why??? It’s right next to the entrance to Predator Plateau, easy to find.

Easy to find... but you have to run practically back to the delve to the East to reset the nodes.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rick_S1 wrote: »
    Craiglorn! There are two sites where I circle and circle around, not finding where the actual site is. The one above the waterfall, I've searched around and around, up and down. The one to the very south, seems to be inside of a tall mass of boulders that can't be climbed.

@Rick_S1 try googling them and watch a youtube vid of that specific survey. Some of the Craglorn ones are tricky, but there's some really good instruction videos out there showing how to get there
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Easy to find... but you have to run practically back to the delve to the East to reset the nodes.

Agreed. When you have only one it's fine, but with a stack it's much more time consuming than most.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Malabal Tor
    The two worst are the two that you didn't include: Vvardenfell and Northern Elsweyr
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar has been easy. I haven’t tried collecting in the other zones on your poll — several I’ve not yet been to at all.

From my limited experience, I would say Northern Elsweyr as there are many cliffs and ravines to navigate, but most especially because I have a survey that shows resources somewhere around Moonsugar Meadow and I spent so long looking for it, going back and forth trying to find what area or route I may have missed, at least I got to collect the regular resource nodes several times over, but I could not find the survey resources. :/
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    I never had issues with surveys, since I have all maps fully explored, but some of them have a very long and inconvenient reset trip. You have to literally ride for one minute at full speed in any given direction to respawn them. A few that come to mind:
    Northern Elsweyr - Blacksmith: it's more convenient to enter the nearby delve than ride half a kilometer away to reset it, it's slow nevertheless
    Shadowfen - Clothier: same problem very long ride to reset it, the rest are OK.
    Eastmarch - Enchanter: same as the above
    Wrothgar - Jerwelry 3: you need to drop down on that ledge and ride around the cliff to reset it
    Wrothgar - Alchemy 3: you need to be careful when hopping with the horse on the cliffs to reach it.

Contrary to what's said above I've had no problems picking up surveys in Malabal Tor. Once you reach them, the reset is pretty fast and reliable. For example for the blacksmith one you just ride back to about the cave entrance where you have the quest, and for alchemy, to where the shrine of the Green Ladies is. Craglorn ones are also pretty convenient. The one on the cliff is actually very easy to reach from the entrance to Skyreach Catacombs just hopping on the rocks. It has a short reset too. For me killing mobs has never been an issue since all characters are fully trained crafters, and can do enough damage to kill mobs in a few seconds to clear the survey area and the reset path. Some even drop some extra leather scraps so it doesn't bother me at all. I also do whatever chests I can find in the area near the surveys.

Another thing I noticed picking up surveys last week-end is that Northern Elsweyr ones have dropped much more than others since the chapter launched. My schedule is to pick every zone every 6 months, pretty much alphabetically, with 4-5 zones cleared in the Sunday closest to the 1st day of the month. For example last Sunday, the 29th September, I picked up: Greenshade, Malalal Tor, North Elsweyr, Reaper's March, Rivenspire. For the other 4 zones I had 10-14 surveys that had piled up over 6 months, for Elsweyr it was 20-30 in just 4 months - I've had no less than 34 clothier ones but thankfully a very short and convenient reset. It is definitely not a fluke since the sample is quite large - 18 characters during all writs every day.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    41,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Pact Veteran Trade: Exemplary
    Traders of the Covenant: God of Sales
    Tamriels Emporium: God of Sales
    Valinor Overflow: Trader
    The Traveling Merchant: Silver

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle
    Alxaril Nelcarion | 50 High Elf Sorcerer | AD AR 20 |
    Dro'Bear Three-paws | 50 Khajiit Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Veronique Nicole | 50 Breton Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Sabina Flavia Cosades | 50 Imperial Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Ervesa Neloren | 50 Dark Elf Dragonknight | EP AR 20 |
    Fendar Khodwin | 50 Redguard Sorcerer | DC AR 20 |
    Surilanwe of Lillandril | 50 High Elf Nightblade | AD AR 20 |
    Joleen the Swift | 50 Redguard Templar | DC AR 20 |
    Draynor Telvanni | 50 Dark Elf Warden | EP AR 20 |
    Claudius Tharn | 50 Necromancer | DC AR 20 |
    Nazura-la the Bonedancer | 50 Necromancer | AD AR 20 |

Tharkul gro-Shug | 50 Orc Dragonknight | DC AR 4 |
    Ushruka gra-Lhurgash | 50 Orc Sorcerer | AD AR 4 |
    Cienwen ferch Llywelyn | 50 Breton Nightblade | DC AR 4 |
    Plays-with-Sunray | 50 Argonian Templar | EP AR 4 |
    Milariel | 50 Wood Elf Warden | AD AR 4 |
    Scheei-Jul | 50 Necromancer | EP AR 4 |

PC-NA CP 1800+
    30,000+ Achievement Points before High Isle
    Member of:
    Savage Blade: Majestic Machette

Characters:
    Asardes the Exile | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 30 |
  • Vinterskald
    Vinterskald
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn
    This jewelry map above the waterfall, gosh... I hate it so much...

I've found that I can just jump/bolt escape up there from down by the small lake, which probably looks very ridiculous to others :sweat_smile: So I try to always ignore that one for as long as my inventory can take it.
    Barra agea ry sou karan.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen
    I think we're finding two different camps of people here.

The first camp are those who collect their surveys semi-regularly, and are talking about the time it takes to get to the survey (i.e. the ones that are furthest away from the wayshrine, like Malabal Tor)

The second camp are those that wait until they have multiple copies of the survey before they collect and are talking about how long they have to run on their horse to reset the node to collect it again.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't find any of them bad for collecting but then again I don't let surveys or treasure maps build up. I will use them while I wait for the Group Finder or while running around for daily quests/events. Right now I seem to be getting more Northern Elsweyr surveys and maps so I do them while I work on getting my event tickets and dailies.
  • xpixelatedtkox
    xpixelatedtkox
    ✭✭✭
    Malabal Tor
    Wrothgar, I enjoy because of the scenery. Craglorn, I enjoy for the potential nirncrux. Shadowfen, I don't get many from there honestly. Malabal Tor and Grahtwood are my biggest pains.
    PC - NA
    Guild: Vanquish
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Oh right, I forgot I’m in the minority here where I just do them everyday when I get them
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rick_S1 wrote: »
    Craiglorn! There are two sites where I circle and circle around, not finding where the actual site is. The one above the waterfall, I've searched around and around, up and down. The one to the very south, seems to be inside of a tall mass of boulders that can't be climbed.

You can get to them. I just forget between times going there and it is quite a pain for find it again.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    In case you can't find the survey locations there are addons for that, or if you don't want to install one, there are detailed maps on the internet. The ones from uesp.net have the locations for sure.
    Beta tester since February 2014, played ESO-TU October 2015 - August 2022, currently on an extended break
    vMA (The Flawless Conqueror) | vVH (Spirit Slayer & of the Undying Song) | vDSA | vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMoL | vAS+1 | Emperor

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:
    Asardes | 50 Nord Dragonknight | EP AR 50 | Master Crafter: all traits & recipes, all styles released before High Isle

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    To all the players you are struggling with finding the survey's locations: you can google and watch some vids on youtube, there's at least one vid per survey location.

Just google like this: "ESO *zone* survey"

@ErinM31 Which Elsweyr's survey are you struggling with? I can help you finding it. Atm I know all the locations easily, I have memorized almost every one. (PS4 here, no addons just a good memory lol)
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To all the players you are struggling with finding the survey's locations: you can google and watch some vids on youtube, there's at least one vid per survey location.

@ErinM31 Which Elsweyr's survey are you struggling with? I can help you finding it. Atm I know all the locations easily, I have memorized almost every one. (PS4 here, no addons just a good memory lol)

Thank you so much! I will check this evening which it is. Right now I only recall that it looked like it wouldn’t be far from Moonsugar Meadow, at the southern / south-eastern edge of the map.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ErinM31 wrote: »

Thank you so much! I will check this evening which it is. Right now I only recall that it looked like it wouldn’t be far from Moonsugar Meadow, at the southern / south-eastern edge of the map.

Sounds like the woodworking one, it’s on a hill down the road west from Tenmar Temple wayshrine. There are a couple of Haj-Mota there, and a treasure map location is nearby too.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Craglorn
    Although my most hated survey is that alchemy one in north Malabal Tor.
    For an entire zone, i just hate Craglorn the most for surveys.

• ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But only Craglorn gives the chance of a Nirncrux with the haul. It's allowed a bit of slack for that.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malabal Tor
    All of Valenwood and Craglorn really.

Whoever decided that putting surveys in the very back of quest areas that have no nearby access was very very wrong.
    The only more wrong decision was putting surveys inside Spellscar.
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 11, 2019 6:22PM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Really? I love those. There's always a remote chance to get fortified or potent nirncrux.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • IldaraFathryon
    IldaraFathryon
    ✭✭✭
    Shadowfen
    Tangentially; was there ever a reason given why Summerset doesn't have any survey maps still?
    PC | EU | EP
    MagPlarDD/StamplarTank- Ildara Fathryon, Flawless Conqueror
    StamDragonknight Tank - Timaeus Fathryon, Tick-Tock Tormentor, Immortal Redeemer

vAA HM (MT, OT, DD)
    vSO HM (MT, OT, DD)
    vHRC HM (MT, OT)
    vDSA (T)
    vMoL HM/Speedrun/Fang Focused (MT, OT)
    vHoF TTT (MT)
    vAS+2 (MT, OT)
    vCR+3 (OT)
    vSS HM (OT)
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any that are far, far away from wayshrines.
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Easy way to do multiple copy surveys is to simply relog, that way you don't have to run far enough away and back. Of course if you suffer from Load Screen aggro, this isn't a viable option, but it has cut down my traverse time immensely when collecting my backed up surveys. I think my last run was like 400 and took me 3 days of broken play to get them. Meaning I did surveys for 2 hours, went to PvP, did surveys for an hour, did a trial, that sort of thing.
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Load screen aggro - I like that term

I definitely have that
    :)
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Craglorn
    Thrawniel wrote: »
    Craiglorn. This stupid mountain in the middle of the map and surveys both on top and under it, and I can never remember which ones are where and end up wasting a lot of time running around

This and Malabal Tor has some hard to reach places. Also Coldharbor.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • Asardes
    Asardes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Easy way to do multiple copy surveys is to simply relog, that way you don't have to run far enough away and back. Of course if you suffer from Load Screen aggro, this isn't a viable option, but it has cut down my traverse time immensely when collecting my backed up surveys. I think my last run was like 400 and took me 3 days of broken play to get them. Meaning I did surveys for 2 hours, went to PvP, did surveys for an hour, did a trial, that sort of thing.

Relog is slower than mounting, hitting rapids, going 100 m away and coming back. Also if you forgot to pick a node that's gonna be lost if you relog or go out of the zone. If you just move away the worst that can happen is that the survey won't respawn. There used to be a bugged survey a few years ago, Glenumbra - Enchanter, where one of the protean runes was inside a rock and couldn't be picked, so you actually had to do exactly that to reset the survey.

PC-EU CP 3000+
    Member of:

Characters:

PC-NA CP 1800+
    Member of:

Characters:
  • Cerotonin
    Cerotonin
    ✭✭✭
    Wrothgar
    Only because no survey ever feels close. Craglorn is pretty annoying with the mountain and the aggro you easily get by just breathing in the zone.