The maintenance is complete and the PTS is now back online. The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test!
The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Sweep spam is op

• BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Nordic__Knights
    You are posting something out of context to push your argument. That is a templar that hit you with that burning light proc, and the fact that poison ticks did so little damage shows that he most likely had onslaught up.

In order for you to take a 4k burning light with 24k physical and 2700 crit resist, assuming you were debuffed with major and minor breach, and minor invulnerability or the attacker had minor berserk up, with normal defensive cp distribution, the attacker would have to have a 8800 tooltip. This would need a 5k weapon damage and 54k stamina (10300 total weapon power.)

If he hit you with onslaught, had minor berserk and crit, he would need a 7100 tooltip. This would need 4.2k weapon damage and 44k stamina (8300 total weapon power.)

The latter scenario is much more likely and the fact that you tried to paint the picture that you were fully buffed taking that hit shows your bias and lack of credibility.
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think I fully understand...I don't see any screenshot to reference. But is it magplar or stamplar...

I will say that magplar are extremely hard to deal with, they always have been, but now even more so due to the added pressure they can put out keeps you on the defensive, the most i issue I have as a magplar fighting non magplars, is when they are sure to dance around me, if I can't hit you with sweeps, my purifying light is going to hit you weak. My crescent isn't gonna hit you with the 60% bonus (if I use it without the toppling stun) so, those who are smart enough to dance around are the ones that get me. GL OP!
  • SenpaiNFT
    SenpaiNFT
    ✭✭✭✭
    https://i.imgur.com/B2uKF5W.gifpsd4ducyry3j.gif

@Nordic__Knights you aren’t dying to Templar because it’s OP, you’re dying to Templar because you’re bad. Literally died without me using Jabs once.
    Edited by SenpaiNFT on October 18, 2019 2:13PM
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SenpaiNFT wrote: »

@Nordic__Knights you aren’t dying to Templar because it’s OP, you’re dying to Templar because you’re bad. Literally died without me using Jabs once.

Who thought he would have been so bad. The world is so full of surprises!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Inb4 delete and "POTL OP!"
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who thought he would have been so bad. The world is so full of surprises!

Probably doesn't help that he plays AD...AD learns PVP through Zerg Surfing.
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

/thread.
    Edited by Joy_Division on October 18, 2019 3:04PM
  • BlackMadara
    BlackMadara
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ecru You make a fair point about scaling. These scalings are based off total power, which is damage stat + max resource/10.5.

Jabs/sweeps has a 0.408 scaling per hit, for a total of 1.632 over the channel

Crushing weapon (used as the base spammablefor scaling) has a scaling of 1.008

Shalks has 1.512

Nerfed dizzy swing has 1.288

The closest comparison to jabs is dual wield's flurry, which has a scaling of 0.156 per hit, for a total of 1.247 over the duration of the channel.

The argument can be made that jabs/sweeps has such a high scaling due to being able to miss, but I do not think that warrants how much more powerful it is compared to similar skills.

Burning light should be a separate discussion, as passive synergy can be complex and dilutes arguments focused on active skills imo. That would require an overall comparison of class dynamics instead of pointing out single skill outliers.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And actually I remember exactly what this is I was joking around *** with you what you really want to fight One V one right now we can fight and post that video buddy as im teabaging your *** ass. hey buddy that was also 3 years ago you search pretty *** hard for the video so let's make a new one
    Even a blind man can see all I'm doing is jumping around I'm not even attacking you dude should you really want to try to use this video with something you're really low
    Friend request sent accept it and let me know when you get on and we could either dual or we could do it in campaign I don't care which way you want to do it are you afraid to put your money where your mouth is at
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 18, 2019 4:31PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    f6syn0d9xn9z.jpg
    I mean you do want your Scrolls back right
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Damn imagine having days and days of playtime and still being so bad.

Eso really suffers from a noob problem, sorry but when the facts are just so blunt, i mean.... What can you say.

I am so glad when the truth emerges, sure templar is flavor of the month, and people wanna nerf it because they get killed in pvp, that's pretty much it.

Also, 3 years ago, but 810 cp cap? Gtfo with that bs, i bet you want to tell me now that's it's all a coincidence, and when that happened you really were 810 cp.....
    Edited by JinMori on October 18, 2019 4:47PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol Yhat screen doesn't help your case
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've stated I wasn't even fighting him I was jumping up and down *** with him if he would like to make a new video I'm more than welcome to show how *** much I will wreck this stupid ass the fact that he uses his video is even funny to me
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As I've stated I wasn't even fighting him I was jumping up and down *** with him if he would like to make a new video I'm more than welcome to show how *** much I will wreck this stupid ass the fact that he uses his video is even funny to me

I main Templar but if you played PC I would enjoy packing you up on the other 5 classes repeatedly to give you something else to complain about. Come off it man quit spamming nerf threads
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I main Templar but if you played PC I would enjoy packing you up on the other 5 classes repeatedly to give you something else to complain about. Come off it man quit spamming nerf threads

No literally I was jumping around doing nothing other than jumping you can see it in a video I was holding heavy attack jumping really not fighting I literally never used an skill nor did I ever switch bars once how's that showing that I was fighting somebody as I stated I was jumping around *** with the person it's kind of sad that he has to go dig up a video of that nature to try to post
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 18, 2019 5:11PM
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JinMori wrote: »

Eso really suffers from a noob problem, sorry but when the facts are just so blunt, i mean.... What can you say.

I am so glad when the truth emerges, sure templar is flavor of the month, and people wanna nerf it because they get killed in pvp, that's pretty much it.

Also, 3 years ago, but 810 cp cap? Gtfo with that bs, i bet you want to tell me now that's it's all a coincidence, and when that happened you really were 810 cp.....

Buddy I've always been 300 CP over cap and as I stated I was literally *** around with a person jumping up and down holding a heavy attack never one switching bars nor never hitting a skill so once again does he like to make a new video and we can see how the outcome of that one comes because I bet you he won't take me up on my offer though I've sent him a friend's request sent him an message to respond to me as well as offered it up here in front of everybody so my question still holds does he want to make a new video where I'm not jumping up and down *** with him
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Returning to the point i made before, you can just "feel" it when the problem is l2p.

What i mean by feeling is not like gut feeling, but rather, when you start thinking about it you realize the motivation behind the nerf thread.

There are various types of them, some are legitimate, but 90% of the time they aren't.

The fact is that when something is severely overpowered people can generally agree on it, for example, if radiant destruction were to suddenly do 100% more damage, it wouldn't be hard to see why that's op.

Usually nerf threads go like this, this ability is op, why? Because it does too much of "insert thing here", and usually what it comes down to is, iv'e been killed by this ability because i'm not as good of a player as i think i am.

So when things that point towards the fact that these people are not as good as they think themselves to be come out, and that you should probably ignore about 80% of what they say, it's really nice to see.

Because let's face it, why do people make nerf threads? Out of principle? Because they have actual evidence that this ability is op? That sometimes does happen, but it's pretty rare. No, 90% of the time is because they are bad and got killed by "insert ability here".

In short it's quite nice to see further evidence of things that you already know, that these people generally don't know wtf they are talking about.
  • JinMori
    JinMori
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Buddy I've always been 300 CP over cap and as I stated I was literally *** around with a person jumping up and down holding a heavy attack never one switching bars nor never hitting a skill so once again does he like to make a new video and we can see how the outcome of that one comes because I bet you he won't take me up on my offer though I've sent him a friend's request sent him an message to respond to me as well as offered it up here in front of everybody so my question still holds does he want to make a new video where I'm not jumping up and down *** with him

Look man, i don't really care for your excuses, 810 cp is shown when it's the actual cp cap, so it's quite literally impossible that clip was from 3 years ago, just stop.
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Look man, i don't really care for your excuses, 810 cp is shown when it's the actual cp cap, so it's quite literally impossible that clip was from 3 years ago, just stop.

Buddy my name has not been the same since we've been able to change Playstation names I've went through three of them since being at this video shows my actual character name I know it's before I ever switched it the first time
    So yeah it hasn't been 3 years so maybe you know year and a half are two my point is it's a very old video of me *** around with somebody never assume that it would be used to be against me for how my playstyle is buddy I'm a 16-time emperor I don't get that from just jumping around doing nothing
    Edited by Nordic__Knights on October 18, 2019 5:32PM
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I’ll just say
    All of the people who have been saying sweeps is fine obviously main magplar.

If you say that something is op, say why.
    If you think something is balanced say why.
    Then we can discuss the issue in a civilised manner.

Don’t say it is or isn’t without explaining. As mentioned above, I think it has no need for a snare or an aoe, and the damage is a little over the top, especially if you compare it to skills like blastbones, that are essentially skills with a cooldown.

So if you give your opinion please give an explanation rather than an argument about everyone’s cp and skill at heavy attacking.

Ty
  • ZOS_RogerJ
    ZOS_RogerJ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Greetings! We've closed this thread to prevent further derailing and given the non-constructive nature of some of the posts.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.