The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.3 is available.

Pet sorcs officially extinct

• WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly there are several Sorcerer skills that could use a buff, including Lightning Splash, Mage’s Fury, and Bound Aegis. Maybe they just couldn’t justify implementing any of these while pet Sorc was pulling 5k more DPS than any other Magicka build. With any luck we’ll see some other adjustments to the class to make up for this, and possibly make non-pet Sorc viable as well as pet-Sorc.
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    20% decrease from deaddric curse now lmao!! If ur a double pet sorc that’s really a rippp

and you are one of the guys who makes changes "official"? mkay
    Kalante wrote: »
    Wow sorcs actually need to learn how to play now instead of relying on a build that requires zero thought process.

so... la>1>la>2>la>3>la>4 swap la>1>la>2>la>3>la>4

requires "though process" while la>1>la>2>la>3> swap la>1>la>2>la>3>

is a "braindead mindless rotaion"...mkay...

P.S. not a petsorc btw just laughing on all

those "sorcs now have to think" comments

And they usually come from losers who can't play PvP on their 1 button specs and die to the eBil sorc
    Options
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Vapirko wrote: »
    RIP Pet Sorc. Why ZOS just don't remove pets from Sorc and replace them with direct damage skills?

Why would you do that? The Matriarch heal is still very very good. And even if you had two more direct damage skills you’d have no room for them on your bars because if you’re not running a pet (or two) you need other heals and/or defensive skills.

"Our DPS class got gutted at DPS"

"lol you can HEAL".

Hell, yeah. I can HEAL on my DPS class, big stuff!
    Options
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »
    Literally no one (who's worth mentioning) on Live: "pet sorc needs buffs".

Literally no one before PTS update 5.2.3: "I wish they'd increase pet damage"

PTS Update 5.2.3
    Summon Unstable Familiar:
    Increased the damage per hit of this ability and its morphs’ basic attacks by 20%.
    Increased the damage of the pulse attack from this morph and the Volatile Familiar morph by 20%.
    Summon Winged Twilight: Increased the damage per hit of this ability and its morphs by 20%.

Literally no one afterwards "oh, what a nice change"

PTS Update 5.2.4
    Daedric Curse
    Daedric Prey (morph): Reduced the bonus damage for pets to 20%, down from 40%.

Sorcs: WAAAH pEt sOrc EXtiNCT!!

...sometimes I wonder if people really understand things like math or logic.

Sorc pets will be amongst the strongest "DoTs" in game after this patch and are still buffed compared to what they do on Live (in particular the burst heal on Twilight, which I managed to get up to 17,3k tooltip with zero points in Blessed...).

Here's why:
    2000 (random base number we'll use)+20% (the buff in 5.2.3)=2400+20% (new Daedric Prey)=2880
    2000+40% (old Daedric Prey)=2800

...in other words, the damage done by pet sorc is increased compared to Live (particularly when curse is not on target). The healing from Matriarch is up by about 70% & is now the strongest burst heal in the game by far.

Stop crying.

Literally ignores 5.2.0 changes. Stop lying ;)
    PC-NA
    Options
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    I know its not a popular opinion but as far as mag dps rankings go, petsorc is still the 2nd highest performing spec in the game next patch after magblade. Could be worse, guys.
    Options
  • bol
    bol
    ✭✭✭
    Aerenel wrote: »
    I know its not a popular opinion but as far as mag dps rankings go, petsorc is still the 2nd highest performing spec in the game next patch after magblade. Could be worse, guys.

Really? And you base this on what? 2 parses that have been done on PTS on the raid dummy? Maybe wait a bit until people actually develop a new meta for every class, and then good players do parses on them, and you have something to compare it by.

The only thing that is clear is that petsorc will have very poor aoe damage and worst sustain of any class. Out of the 4 class skills on bars (2pets, prey, frag), only 1 pet does actually some aoe damage. The other source of aoe is unstable wall and that is it. And the other slots in those parses that you quote are filled with eleweapon, barbed trap, spellsym.

Options
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    If you think parses in real fights also aren't filled with ele weapon and barbed trap then you are misinformed.
    Edited by Aerenel on October 17, 2019 10:58AM
    Options
  • bol
    bol
    ✭✭✭
    I know some do. What I wanted to say is that you are making a claim based on scanty information. And that I doubt that dummy parses in this case will transfer well to real fights due to lack of any aoe damage.
    Options
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moloch1514 wrote: »
    Decimus wrote: »
    Literally no one (who's worth mentioning) on Live: "pet sorc needs buffs".

Literally no one before PTS update 5.2.3: "I wish they'd increase pet damage"

PTS Update 5.2.3
    Increased the damage per hit of this ability and its morphs’ basic attacks by 20%.
    Increased the damage of the pulse attack from this morph and the Volatile Familiar morph by 20%.
    Summon Winged Twilight: Increased the damage per hit of this ability and its morphs by 20%.

Literally no one afterwards "oh, what a nice change"

PTS Update 5.2.4
    Daedric Curse
    Daedric Prey (morph): Reduced the bonus damage for pets to 20%, down from 40%.

Sorcs: WAAAH pEt sOrc EXtiNCT!!

...sometimes I wonder if people really understand things like math or logic.

Sorc pets will be amongst the strongest "DoTs" in game after this patch and are still buffed compared to what they do on Live (in particular the burst heal on Twilight, which I managed to get up to 17,3k tooltip with zero points in Blessed...).

Here's why:
    2000 (random base number we'll use)+20% (the buff in 5.2.3)=2400+20% (new Daedric Prey)=2880

...in other words, the damage done by pet sorc is increased compared to Live (particularly when curse is not on target). The healing from Matriarch is up by about 70% & is now the strongest burst heal in the game by far.

Stop crying.

Literally ignores 5.2.0 changes. Stop lying ;)

Not at all, why do you think I brought up twilight having 17,3k tooltip on the heal (with zero points in Blessed)? That change was made in 5.2.0 & literally makes sorc have the strongest burst heal in the game.
    Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs’ basic attack by approximately 17%.
    Increased the cost of the special activate of this ability and the Volatile Familiar morph to 4500, up from 2808.
    Increased the duration of the special activate to 10 seconds, up from 8.

If you refer to this, then yes - your scamp (which almost no one uses in PvP anyway) will deal a little bit less damage (-14,2%) when pet curse is on target, and about the same dmg (-0,4% to be precise!) when pet curse isn't active.

Meanwhile almost every other DoT in the game got nerfed by almost 50% and most of them remain weaker than damage done by pets (curse or no curse) after the patch.

Also newsflash: almost every other AoE damage "DoT" got a cost increase in patch 5.2.0
    Blade Cloak:
    Increased the base duration of this ability and its morphs to 10 seconds, up from 8.
    Increased base cost to 4950, up from 3024.
    Reduced the damage per tick by approximately 32%.
    Spear Shards:
    This ability and its morphs now last 10 seconds, up from 8.
    Increased the base cost to 4950, up from 3024.
    Fiery Breath:
    This ability and its morphs now last 10 seconds at base, up from 8 seconds.
    Increased base cost to 3510, up from 2808.

...but let me guess, pets should be exempt from this "injustice" - dealing more damage than those skills isn't enough?

I'd suggest reading through the patch notes again, and not just the sorcerer ones.
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
    Options
  • Transairion
    Transairion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er...
    ...in other words, the damage done by pet sorc is increased compared to Live (particularly when curse is not on target).

Redone:
    2000 (random base number we'll use) -17% (5.2.0) = 1660 +20% (the buff in 5.2.3)=1992+20% (new Daedric Prey)= 2390
    If you refer to this, then yes - your scamp (which almost no one uses in PvP anyway) will deal a little bit less damage (-14,2%) when pet curse is on target, and about the same dmg (-0,4% to be precise!) when pet curse isn't active.

Yeah does anyone else find it messed up ZOS is punishing people for using Daedric Curse to... empower pets? In the Pet skill tree? If anything shouldn't it be the opposite and base pet damage should be lower and Curse much higher bonus, since you have to spend magicka to maintain it?

It's really messing with the original design of the skill tree, having Wards on your pets that aren't needed in PvE (Trials) and weakening Prey until it's not worth slotting over any ol' damage skill instead?

Not at all, why do you think I brought up twilight having 17,3k tooltip on the heal (with zero points in Blessed)? That change was made in 5.2.0 & literally makes sorc have the strongest burst heal in the game.

Also a change nobody actually wanted, since Matriach is viable even with the -67% damage nerf it got slapped with in Elsewhyr. The devs possibly think it makes Sorc Healer somehow?

Frankly I'm insulted that heal got buffed into the sky while Twilight Tormentor is still just as terrible as ever: no utility, no damage, dead skill as it's always been. Even when it was 30%(?) stronger before Elsewhyr it was bad. Still no debuffs added to it or anything, just zap zap zap and an active ability that doesn't function after a certain HP. Probably actually stronger in PvP than PvE just because reverse execute means something when everyone heals.

but let me guess, pets should be exempt from this "injustice" - dealing more damage than those skills isn't enough?

If you want the brutal truth, the fact these persistent pets like Sorc/Warden Ult have be double-slotted means they should be balanced in a way that makes them twice as effective as a single-slot ability. Thus far ZOS isn't doing that, if anything 5.X.X has shown they're just blanket buffed/nerfed with everything else.
    Edited by Transairion on October 17, 2019 4:14PM
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    was not happy with the new PTS patch notes just more insult to injury at this point I bet the combat devs are just having a good long laugh at threads like these...
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Er...
    ...in other words, the damage done by pet sorc is increased compared to Live (particularly when curse is not on target).

Redone:
    2000 (random base number we'll use) -17% (5.2.0) = 1660 +20% (the buff in 5.2.3)=1992+20% (new Daedric Prey)= 2390

That calculation was referring to the Matriarch (the pet people actually often run in PvP), which didn't get a -17% anywhere.

For Scamp your numbers are accurate, it should be dealing 14,2% less damage on someone than on Live, which is peanuts compared to how much other "DoTs" were nerfed.

Yeah does anyone else find it messed up ZOS is punishing people for using Daedric Curse to... empower pets? In the Pet skill tree? If anything shouldn't it be the opposite and base pet damage should be lower and Curse much higher bonus, since you have to spend magicka to maintain it?

It's really messing with the original design of the skill tree, having Wards on your pets that aren't needed in PvE (Trials) and weakening Prey until it's not worth slotting over any ol' damage skill instead?

I agree with this, they never should've increased the base damage by 20% & should've kept Prey as it is. Haunting seems by far like the better option now, even for pet sorcs.

Also a change nobody actually wanted, since Matriach is viable even with the -67% damage nerf it got slapped with in Elsewhyr. The devs possibly think it makes Sorc Healer somehow?

Frankly I'm insulted that heal got buffed into the sky while Twilight Tormentor is still just as terrible as ever: no utility, no damage, dead skill as it's always been. Even when it was 30%(?) stronger before Elsewhyr it was bad. Still no debuffs added to it or anything, just zap zap zap and an active ability that doesn't function after a certain HP. Probably actually stronger in PvP than PvE just because reverse execute means something when everyone heals.

Yup.

Frankly they should've left Matriarch as it was (it was already on par with HtD as a burst heal when used on a high magicka build) & perhaps buffed the Tormentor morph, though I don't know if more damage is what it needs (on Live atleast, there's some builds that run it+a ton of DoTs while using rapid regen as heal). Matriarch is still by far the preferred morph choice for the vast majority though.
    If you want the brutal truth, the fact these persistent pets like Sorc/Warden Ult have be double-slotted means they should be balanced in a way that makes them twice as effective as a single-slot ability. Thus far ZOS isn't doing that, if anything 5.X.X has shown they're just blanket buffed/nerfed with everything else.

And they are - even more than twice as efficient.

With Matriarch you get a "DoT" that is amongst the strongest in the game after almost everything else is nerfed in this update and you get a burst heal that is almost double that of Honor the Dead.

A DoT and a burst heal - two skill slots, two "skills".

This on top of having a hitbox to hide inside in PvP, making it essentially RNG for the opponent if they hit you with ranged abilities (melee is a bit more reliable on hitting the right target, though not 100% either) or if they hit the pet instead.

Scamp? You get a "DoT" (again, stronger than most other DoTs after nerfs) and an AoE activate DoT (stronger than most other DoTs after nerfs) with a CC attached to it - again, essentially worth two skill slots.
    Edited by Decimus on October 17, 2019 4:43PM
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
    Options
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    There will always be those sorc haters lol
    Options
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    was not happy with the new PTS patch notes just more insult to injury at this point I bet the combat devs are just having a good long laugh at threads like these...

I have this recurring vision of the devs getting together after work, sitting around with pizza and beer, reading the forum on a wide screen TV, laughing there asses off, saying "Stupid morons! They still think we care!". :/
    Options
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will always be those sorc haters lol

...and seems like there'll always be people who need overtuned autopilot damage in order to perform well in the game.

You could point to various other sorc skills in need of a buff and I'd probably agree with you, pets just aren't one of those things - which is clear to anyone who looks at the facts - pet dmg numbers compared to dmg numbers on other DoTs, heal strength on Matriarch etc
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
    Options
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

I have this recurring vision of the devs getting together after work, sitting around with pizza and beer, reading the forum on a wide screen TV, laughing there asses off, saying "Stupid morons! They still think we care!". :/

Probably a good laugh in the break room like what random thing should we nerf next?
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pets only attack once every two seconds and also do not proc other conditions.

Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So much THIS. Please understand ZOS:
    With 2 pets a PetSorc has only 6 slots left for shield, buffs, mobility and a damage.
    This is nothing and means a PetSorc is always in slot troubles.
    If pets now only do a fraction of the former damage, there are not enough slots for other damage skills.

For PetSorcs to be viable in PvP, there are only two solutions:
    Solution 1: Sorc pets need to do enough damage again to justify two slots.
    Solution 2: Sorc pets need to be changed to use only 1 slot as other Class pets do.

Edited by BalticBlues on October 17, 2019 10:54PM
    Options
  • LinearParadox
    LinearParadox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »

Haha!!! You two think they're even reading this! At this point I'm pretty well convinced that these forums are a trash can with "suggestion box" written on the lid.
    It's an isolation chamber so that irate customers can go and vent until they calm down enough to go back to playing/buying their product, having gotten their catharsis and under the delusion they've been heard.
    The class reps read them, apparently, judging by their recent update, but I don't think Zo$ listens to them really, and they're under an NDA to even talk about that, so really that's anyone's guess.

Meanwhile (and more on-topic) the devs SAY they want to improve class identity, yet seem to not understand what that is, and continue to gut what little we have, more with every patch.

I've been playing a Pet Sorc, full tilt, with Maw helm and everything, for about 4 years. Through all the non-functional pathing, the inability to CC break, the janky scaling and horrible base numbers of years past, and much more. Using unorthodox builds, gimmick sets, anything I had to, and working my ass off to make the build functional. I put in more effort for less return than ANY of my other classes and specs, and I stuck through it all because it was one of the FEW playstyles that was actually unique to a class and fun because of it.
    Now it's nothing more than a memory and the latest victim of this new dev teams haphazard sledgehammer nerfs.

Wee.
    Can't wait to see their next change.
    -_-
    Edited by LinearParadox on October 17, 2019 11:26PM
    twitch.tv/linearparadox
    Benthar the Unkillable - lvl 50 StamDK - AD
    High Confessor Celosia - lvl 50 MagDK, AD
    Aeolyndra Sunstrider - lvl 50 Magplar Support God, AD
    Maldreth Angala - lvl 50 Magicka PetSorc, AD
    Veldrosa Wyldwind - lvl 50 StamSorc, AD
    M. Night Shatupon - lvl 50 MagBlade, AD
    Vestonia Ironhardt - lvl 50 Warden GuardTank, AD
    Bone Daddy - lvl 50 Stamcro, AD
    Abra Kedaver - lvl 50 Magcro, AD
    CP 1100+
    Options
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is pets' rate of attack anyway? I've always assumed it was in the range once every 2 or 2 1/2 seconds, but I haven't actually checked.
    Options
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Yup! Pet Sorc is my Main Character--Looks like a good time to take a break!
    Options
  • ExistingRug61
    ExistingRug61
    ✭✭✭✭
    So much THIS. Please understand ZOS:
    With 2 pets a PetSorc has only 6 slots left for shield, buffs, mobility and a damage.
    This is nothing and means a PetSorc is always in slot troubles.
    If pets now only do a fraction of the former damage, there are not enough slots for other damage skills.

For PetSorcs to be viable in PvP, there are only two solutions:
    Solution 1: Sorc pets need to do enough damage again to justify two slots.
    Solution 2: Sorc pets need to be changed to use only 1 slot as other Class pets do.

Pets are interesting as they behave differently to any other skill (double slot/passive damage+active ability). However I can see how this makes it very difficult to get them balanced in the current standardisation strategy.

The problem with your first proposed solution is that the sorc pets still have to be balanced vs the GCD and magicka costs vs other DoTs. You have to consider two cases which makes balancing it difficult:

1) When the active is not used at all. In which case you are effectively getting "free" damage at no magicka or GCD cost. The only equivalent to this on other classes would be slotting two skills just for passive effects (ie Inner light on both bars). Thus the passive pet damage/effect needs to only provide a similar amount of effectiveness to these sort of passive skills. Whether this is currently the case is hard to say, but to me this is what the benchmark should be.

2) When the active is used. I would think that this should be balanced around whatever the relevant standard for the active type (heal, DoT, AoE DoT etc) otherwise it will lead to issues in DPS and burst due to the effectiveness of the skill vs the GCD and magicka cost of the active vs other skills. However I agree that there is an issue that in the case of pets where the active "overrides" the passive damage due to having a duration (ie: scamp), which means that when you use the active you are effectively only getting one skill worth of effect even though it takes up two slots.

My alternative suggestion would be that if sorc pets take up two slots they could most easily be balanced to other skills as follows:
    1) Each Pet provides a unique "while summoned" passive buff of equivalent strength to other skills slotted for their passive effect (ie: Inner Light). Could be anything but the aim would be to try to alleviate some of the bar space issue by reducing the need for other buff skills.
    2) Pet passive damage reduced to compensate for the addition of the "while summoned" passive. Could actually be removed entirely for some pets if the passive buff is good enough.
    3) Pet active is standardised against the relevant skill type

This would mean that the slotting the pet is effectively behaving as if you had simply slotted 1 passive skill and 1 active skill on another class, with the slight benefit of having the effect available on both bars, and getting a bit of free damage when not using the active.

This doesn't consider the fact that pets can die and have to be re-summoned, but given that they don't die in PvE its not really an issue there and in PvP I would say it is countered by the fact that the Pets provide defensive benefits via LoS.

The second proposed solution would also work, but to be balanced would mean the pets would have to be temporary like Necro. Personally I don't really like this approach as it loses some of the identity of Sorc's (permanent pets) and makes them the same as another class.
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    20% decrease from deaddric curse now lmao!! If ur a double pet sorc that’s really a rippp

and you are one of the guys who makes changes "official"? mkay
    Kalante wrote: »
    Wow sorcs actually need to learn how to play now instead of relying on a build that requires zero thought process.

so... la>1>la>2>la>3>la>4 swap la>1>la>2>la>3>la>4

requires "though process" while la>1>la>2>la>3> swap la>1>la>2>la>3>

is a "braindead mindless rotaion"...mkay...

P.S. not a petsorc btw just laughing on all

those "sorcs now have to think" comments

This sums things up nicely. It's practically no different than slotting skills that basically boost your damage. Free damage right? Especially with the way this patch is set up.

The only complicated rotations have ever really been like NBs.

Whats that? Nerf nightblades? i agree
    Options
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5.2.3 21m parse, 2 pets, perfected false god, mothers sorrow, zaan

unknown.png?width=798&height=602

same build, 5.2.4

unknown.png

3.6k dps loss from the prey nerf

Because reasons.
    Options
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    @Decimus hey man I can hit same number with or without pets 50-53k I can hit high on almost any toon so let’s not come at me some type of way lol.. I’m just stating the obv that with all the nerfs to pet sorcs (which is my fav character to play) I feel like they want pets gone and if so stop nerfing already and just remove them
    Options
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see this game is dying for me more and more with each patch. This combat team is a living nightmare at this point.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
    Options
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    nice light attack ratio
    Options
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Do that parse with two pets, lightning staves and no spammable. As in, a full pet build. You'll lose way more dps to the Prey nerf. This is just another step towards making ESO more homogenized and boring AF.
    Options
  • Aerenel
    Aerenel
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you not use a spammable
    Options
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aerenel wrote: »
    Why would you not use a spammable

So things look worse than they are to create more of a wave. It's the doomsday style of doing things... Remember the tooltip for vigor and rapid regen last update? No one had those tooltips in actual build, but the discourse was bad on "VIGOR TOOLTIP OF 40K OHH EMM GEEEE!"

Hey what I'm saying? I think the word for it is "fallacy". Argument based on a somewhat untruthful premise, that would make sense of the premise was true.

Same with people back in 5.2.0 crying "oh no, 30% dps loss!" But they were using their exactly same builds and rotations as live, instead of adapting and then comparing to achieve actual nerf numbers.

Tldr? Forum people do anything to make their point look more valid, even going as fast as borderline lying.
    Options