The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.

Pet sorcs officially extinct

wbernardo24
wbernardo24
✭✭✭
20% decrease from deaddric curse now lmao!! If ur a double pet sorc that’s really a rippp
Edited by wbernardo24 on October 15, 2019 7:50PM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh.
  • Moloch1514
    Moloch1514
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally time to stop hoping these folks knew what they were doing. Massive cost increases with nerfed damage was enough, but now there is no chance to keep my 2 pet build. Thanks for making it so easy to go to FFXIV full time ZOS.
    PC-NA
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah what a shame I was just getting used to being a pet sorc then these 2 patch just ruined it
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RIP Pet Sorc. Why ZOS just don't remove pets from Sorc and replace them with direct damage skills?
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am truly not surprised by the nerf. I'm more surprised that there wasn't more. Not just to pet sorcs. But to everyone. You would think the nerf hammer would be full by now with how much they've been feeding it this past year.
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    Sorcs just don’t even feel like sorcs ...

Pets are dead

For me to hit 50k I’m using flame don’t use lighting splash it’s to weak it’s nuts no electric lol they need a whole new character identity

I thought zos was focusing on character identity next !! Wtf
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pretty sad indeed. rip pets...on the bright side we might not see so many flappy matriarchs in town --_o_--
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    April fools day in October?
    ZOS, didn't you notice:
    PetSorcs WERE already dead since your last patch.

Elder Stamina Online now even is dancing on their grave.
  • wbernardo24
    wbernardo24
    ✭✭✭
    They keep shooting pet sorcs meanwhile necros only getting little scratches and they are op in pve
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not nerfing the skill from 20% to 0%?

People will not even notice a skill with a 20% bonus
    on pet damage which was already nerfed into the ground last patch... :s

Edited by BalticBlues on October 15, 2019 8:50PM
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Welp, if they make pet curse useless for pet sorcs, they might even turn it into stam ;-)
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The matriarchs will always be in evidence, until the day ZOS finally get rid of Sorc pets....which seems to be the way things are going.

I have a single pet build, which I use for the burst heal (a lot) and a bit of tanking. I’d be sad to see it go, but it's starting to look inevitable.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Welp, if they make pet curse useless for pet sorcs, they might even turn it into stam ;-)

Yes, this makes sense... ZOS will say

"We found out that nobody is using the skill anymore,
    so we can turn it into a Stam skill as requested by Stam players."

Elder Stamina Online is on its way to kill more mag skills...
  • chris211
    chris211
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good riddance GOS BLESS ZOO SORC IS DEAD
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So Daedric Prey's bonus is down from the old 55% to 20% (a nominal 35% that's a true 20-25% reduction), AND pet damage that major direct nerfs too.

Blech.
  • ZeroXFF
    ZeroXFF
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect that at 20% damage bonus the other morph will just always be better than this joke, even with a 4 pet build (scamp+matriarch+atro+maw of infernal monster set).
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerfing petsorcs is a good thing, it's an over-performing brain-dead spec.

Allow players to aim for a more difficult but more rewarding rotation instead of, "I do fine casting like 2 skills a minute and Heavy Attacking, why get better"

Sure, if you're a casual petsorc will still be good for you and able to do all content besides harder vet trials.
  • TragedyOA
    TragedyOA
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well I give up,I quit pve.

Pet-sorc was my First toon & my main/crafter. :'(
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

Allow players to aim for a more difficult but more rewarding rotation instead of, "I do fine casting like 2 skills a minute and Heavy Attacking, why get better"

Sure, if you're a casual petsorc will still be good for you and able to do all content besides harder vet trials.

lol, this patch is literally "only spammables and unstable wall".
    PvE is going to be defined by casting 2 skills and light weaving a spammable. Much more skillful.
  • Calboy
    Calboy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So because of the way zos has designed the game, you think nerfing a skill into the ground to kill a unique spec in end game content is fair? You're worse than the developers themselves.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, because its sorcs fault that every dot is completely useless and only spammable skill with free dmg from pets is good in next patch xDD
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow sorcs actually need to learn how to play now instead of relying on a build that requires zero thought process.
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    20% decrease from deaddric curse now lmao!! If ur a double pet sorc that’s really a rippp

and you are one of the guys who makes changes "official"? mkay
    Kalante wrote: »
    Wow sorcs actually need to learn how to play now instead of relying on a build that requires zero thought process.

so... la>1>la>2>la>3>la>4 swap la>1>la>2>la>3>la>4

requires "though process" while la>1>la>2>la>3> swap la>1>la>2>la>3>

is a "braindead mindless rotaion"...mkay...

P.S. not a petsorc btw just laughing on all

those "sorcs now have to think" comments
    Edited by Darkenarlol on October 15, 2019 11:49PM
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Odovacar wrote: »
    Pretty sad indeed. rip pets...on the bright side we might not see so many flappy matriarchs in town --_o_--

I don't see how this is bad. I have a sorc healer and I don't use my matriarch at all outside bosses because I can't really handle the wings! Haha
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭

This sums things up nicely. It's practically no different than slotting skills that basically boost your damage. Free damage right? Especially with the way this patch is set up.

The only complicated rotations have ever really been like NBs.
  • MashmalloMan
    MashmalloMan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »

This sums things up nicely. It's practically no different than slotting skills that basically boost your damage. Free damage right? Especially with the way this patch is set up.

The only complicated rotations have ever really been like NBs.

It's the same people that claimed it was brain dead to use flame reach/soul trap/entropy instead of double barring inner light which many builds have done for multiple years for bis dps. Somehow USING abilities is more braindead then not using abilities.

Daedric Prey also has an odd, short timer that you need to run out before you recast, but also keep up as much as possible to get high uptime on the pet buff. Trying to play as a pet sorc end game was just as, if not harder than a lot of builds I've tried.

Makes sense. /s
    PC Beta - 1900+ CP

Stam Sorc Khajiit PvE/PVP Main || Stam Sorc Dark Elf PvP ||
    Stam Templar Dark Elf || Stam Warden Wood Elf || Stam DK Nord || Stam Necro Orc || Stam Blade Khajiit

Mag Sorc High Elf || Mag Templar High Elf || Mag Warden Breton || Mag Necro Khajiit || Mag Blade Khajiit
  • SirMewser
    SirMewser
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    5.2.3 "I think I'm going to return to ESO."
    5.2.4 "Haha, NOPE!"

Any other game has been more appealing.
    ZoS does nothing but revert changes each iteration, each quarter.
  • Jayroo
    Jayroo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm not going to quit a game because a sub class of a class is getting a nerf, there are plenty of other reasons to quit if that were the case

But for real, year after year magicka classes get *** on and stamina classes get to take all the glory, its getting tiresome waiting for them to balance magicka and stamina classes
  • Witar
    Witar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't they promised to move pet utility to haunting and make daedric prey stamina?
    It cannot be seen, cannot be felt,
    Cannot be heard, cannot be smelt,
    It lies behind stars and under hills,
    And empty holes it fills,
    It comes first and follows after,
    Ends life, kills laughter.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayroo wrote: »
    I'm not going to quit a game because a sub class of a class is getting a nerf, there are plenty of other reasons to quit if that were the case

But for real, year after year magicka classes get *** on and stamina classes get to take all the glory, its getting tiresome waiting for them to balance magicka and stamina classes

This will never happen. Just do yourself a favor and get over it. Play Stamina for leaderboards and magicka for causal play. Or leave ESO for a game that has better competitive caster support.

This has been going on for 2 years now. ZOS has made it clear now. ~Stamina for competitive play, and Magicka for support roles.~ If that bothers you than you are playing the wrong game. ZOS will never make Magicka competitive to Stamina. If anything ZOS will just completely make Magicka non-viable for damage dealer roles and PvP.
    Edited by FearlessOne_2014 on October 16, 2019 3:28AM