The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.1 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Pet sorcs officially extinct

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    More like...
    py4jfj8lfi63.png
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bol wrote: »
    Notice how I didn't mention a second (if you can consider atro as a pet - I'll get into this later) pet? That's because within the entirety of that damage readout, down to skills doing a maximum of 2.6% of your damage, there is ZERO indication of any pet damage there. Given that, even if you never proc the special ability of whatever pet you're using, its passive damage is still referenced by the name of whatever pet you're using (I just checked this on both morphs of the familiar and the twilight to be sure), that means that, even with Daedric Prey, any non-atro pets did less than 2.6% of your total dps (less than 1956 of that 75.9k dps) in that 21m parse.

That is not true at all. In those parses, the matriarch does 6.7k damage, down to 6.2k with nerfed prey. It is in the parse as 'Zap'.
    The Familiar attack is called 'Entropic Touch' as is 3.5k down to 3.0k with nerfed prey.
    So the loss from these 2 pets due to prey nerf on his parses account for 1k of damage loss.

The attro damage is down from 7k to 5.7k. I think it would be outperformed by destro ulti at this point, and could get some of that damage back. So the rest of the loss is due to other factors not just prey nerf.

What I don't understand is WHY they would nerf prey, instead of buffing it? I think prey should give +100% damage to pets, but at the same time the base damage of pets should be nerfed more. That way there would be a greater difference between just having the pet tagging along doing damage while you do nothing, or your damage being the result of your action, the cast of daedric prey in this case. It would award skill, by keeping the buff uptime high, and it would prevent ppl from complaining that pets do way too much passive damage as you could always counter that its actually the curse that does that and not the pets, and the curse can be cleansed in pvp.

I considered that and, admittedly, I could not figure out the source for either of those skills. But, as I said, I tested it on the PTS with the most current version of CMX, using no other skills than Prey and the Familiar Pulse with both the familiar and the Matriarch summoned, using the Precursor because anything else would have been too boring. This is what I saw:
    iihwyigsi1zb.png

Then, to double-check, I did this same test on Live. Familiar and Matriarch. Just using the Familiar Pulse and Prey. On the Precursor. And saw this:
    1cbcuosonl7q.png

No Zap. No Entropic Touch. I'm not sure where those two skills came from, but what I'm seeing is exactly what I said I'm seeing. Pet damage labeled as being from the pet it came from. On the Live version, it even goes as far as to clearly specify the Familiar's Pulse vs Melee attack.

Regarding Prey, I've given up trying to understand ZOS's reasoning for what they do. One thing I'm sure of? Absolutely nothing is going to prevent people from complaining, particularly when it comes to sorcs and their pets.

Do same parse but choose twilight tormentor instead matriach and ise ita special ability. Twilight tormentor is dd morph and twiloght matriach is healing morph.

You should never use the Tormentor’s active ability. It’s more DPS and cheaper to just leave it doing auto-attacks and cast any spammable instead.

This would work if Tormentor had been a 1 slot skill (dropping "special" ability) and let us one free slot for that spammable.
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this strictly PvE? I think they will still be competitive.

PvP? I’m rocking Jorvulds, Necropotence, and Engine Guardian. Feels good.
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    khajiitNPC wrote: »

It looks like they are. Takes a bit of creative new play styles, like NOT activating Tormentor's ability and combining them with FIRE staves instead of lightning ones, but the dps seems alright. Plus, you're now slotting more sorc abilities than in previous patch, which feels nice.
  • Vahrokh
    Vahrokh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

It looks like they are. Takes a bit of creative new play styles, like NOT activating Tormentor's ability and combining them with FIRE staves instead of lightning ones, but the dps seems alright. Plus, you're now slotting more sorc abilities than in previous patch, which feels nice.

In Scalebreaker I had 1 pet, now I have 2. Not a lot of "more" sorc abilities to use.
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lord-Otto wrote: »

More sorc abilites to slot, less sorc abilites to use. PETS... IF ALL SKILLS IN SORCERER CLASS. Not sure how I feel about that. Using pets ahould have been optional, not mandetory. Now even more nerfs in future will come up to sorc because it sames more brain dead dpa class than ever.

https://youtu.be/O51y23Pt6po
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I get you guys. Pets aren't the most interesting skills in this game. I'm just relieved it's not SoultrapEntropyScaldingrune anymore. It just feels slightly more sorc-ish to me.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ku5h wrote: »
    Witar wrote: »
    Haven't they promised to move pet utility to haunting and make daedric prey stamina?

Don't even joke about that.

Actually, they promised to give the pet utility to base ability and both morphs leaving Haunting Curse as it is but with pet utility and reworking Daedric Prey to a stamina morph.

Who's "they"? Where did you hear that?
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE