The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried this setup recently? The trans riposte skoria. I mean it might be ok now that you can just dual bar riposte. I've been thinking about it and with my wood elf magnb and the nerf again to shade, it might not even be worth baring. I'm so fast I roll and Sprint 1s I'm easy out of the 20m range. Only problem is the rock trolling which I do love. I k ow back then shade didn't work at all so we needed the buff. But now I could run that and make drop shade for meditation i might try it and run it on a dark cloak setup
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on October 9, 2019 8:26PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Could work, but I’m trying to get away from proc’d defensive sets. I’m finding a lot of time combat’s over too quickly so they’re unreliable.

A lot of heavy armour builds tank their crit so it’d likely be ineffective against them. With onslaught and a dizzy crit you’re looking at up to an 18k crit as the opener, I’m not sure you can rely on minor maim. With health desyncs I wonder how it’d work too, would the person get minor maim from the first snipe even though it typically doesn’t register until you’ve been hit 4x and are dead?
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Concealed gets a cost discount of 400 in next patch. If they would just remove the cast time on soul harvest or even just cut it to 200 ms I would be really happy.
    I still want them to roll the stealthed speed boost from CW into the base skill (Veiled Strike).

Then give Concealed Weapon Minor Breach for 6 seconds, and swap out the weird positional penetration on Surprise Attack for a 6-second Minor Fracture.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feel like I've made some friends here so it's off topic but I'll say it anyway.

I've pretty much stopped playing magplar while is fotm, the hate messages are absurd, I never get them on my nb, but people always cussing be out calling me meta trash and scrub crutch player.

I just put them on ignore but it want to be like you realize the toon is the same name as the account? Means it's probably first toon? Or link my master crafter and be like yeah I waited 4 years for this moment.

Anyway rant over
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on October 10, 2019 10:25AM
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Concealed gets a cost discount of 400 in next patch. If they would just remove the cast time on soul harvest or even just cut it to 200 ms I would be really happy.
    I still want them to roll the stealthed speed boost from CW into the base skill (Veiled Strike).

Then give Concealed Weapon Minor Breach for 6 seconds, and swap out the weird positional penetration on Surprise Attack for a 6-second Minor Fracture.

If it gave movement to Stam it would be op, medium armor already get speed buffs and some Stam gankers run it for movement anyway. IDC about the Stam variation but besides maybe minor damage or cost tweaks the skills idea is sound.
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, as I had some time to think about ways to approach magblade next patch, I was stumbling over the off-balance synergy as a means to stun people.

Has anyone tried to play with an off-balance build that uses heavy attacks into merciless as a combo to ensure a hit? As the travel time of the heavy attack is quite slow I can imagine a follow-up merciless is pretty likely to hit.

With tactician passive and some stam regen, maybe through amber or shackle this might be a very nice burst combo. Not sure of merciless is also affected by exploited if the heavy consumes the off-balance.

thoughts?
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back when amber came out but they changed agony that's how i did it. I would not rely on it but some you will surprise and it's over
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question, has anyone tried the vampiric drain? I’ve never tried it but building around it as your stun and heal could be decent.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »
    Hey guys, as I had some time to think about ways to approach magblade next patch, I was stumbling over the off-balance synergy as a means to stun people.

Has anyone tried to play with an off-balance build that uses heavy attacks into merciless as a combo to ensure a hit? As the travel time of the heavy attack is quite slow I can imagine a follow-up merciless is pretty likely to hit.

With tactician passive and some stam regen, maybe through amber or shackle this might be a very nice burst combo. Not sure of merciless is also affected by exploited if the heavy consumes the off-balance.

thoughts?

I have been putting alot of thought into something similar but not along the lines of heavies but with cp passives. Wood elf along with inc speed gives me 1500extra pen . I also think I am going to drop shade with the cost Inc and the distance nerf and my speed it seems useless outside rock trolling. Might drop necro for crafty

You would need to proc the hit with resto or lighting staff
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on October 13, 2019 8:47PM
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Quick question, has anyone tried the vampiric drain? I’ve never tried it but building around it as your stun and heal could be decent.

Yes it can be decent. Focus on siphon skills. With an ulti set like dragonguard it is awesome. Its stun isnt reliable and the damage is negligible but the heal works with the rest of the kit.

I'd keep cripple or ice destro on them to soften opponent stamina.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jeezye wrote: »

thoughts?

I have been putting alot of thought into something similar but not along the lines of heavies but with cp passives. Wood elf along with inc speed gives me 1500extra pen . I also think I am going to drop shade with the cost Inc and the distance nerf and my speed it seems useless outside rock trolling. Might drop necro for crafty

Wood elf is nice, but I’d look into that set that gives a speed boost when you have a damage shield.

I was thinking a setup similar to fred’s with RAT, healing ward or harness magicka and Shadowy Disguise might work well.

The shade isn’t worth it imo, mist form is better.

Haven’t worked out the details on how to put it all together, but basicly try and be the road runner and cloak, mist form if you’re in trouble. Maybe even pelinal 2h in 5m-2L all weapon damage glyphs and throw in dodge rolls.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 13, 2019 8:47PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could... I've been thinking about using moon Hunter alot and you could tie it into a build like that. You roll, heavy, procs, poison, procs, damage buff, bow. Thing is timing it all. It all comes down to actually trying it
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You could... I've been thinking about using moon Hunter alot and you could tie it into a build like that. You roll, heavy, procs, poison, procs, damage buff, bow. Thing is timing it all. It all comes down to actually trying it

Pelinal + bright throat 2h onslaught 5m - 2L with all weapon damage glyphs is actually a good build but I’ve only tried it in no-CP. In CP magicka gets a boost in performance so there are better options I think. I was just going for stupid high damage numbers in no-CP.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 13, 2019 8:53PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was thinking a setup similar to fred’s with RAT, healing ward or harness magicka and Shadowy Disguise might work well.
    No more Dampen for me, only Healing Ward with Blackrose resto. I don't miss it. My bars are also re-arranged from the last UESP build I posted. I am now playing around with foods: Bear Haunch, as it's so much more stat-dense than Fisheye Rye. 1.4K stam regen with Amber Plasm in CP, 1.1K health regen. My max stats are complete crap, but it works for me. Changing the bar setup was golden. I had to give up some speed. I'm not sure about that yet. It feels objectively better having the higher health and health regen, better for brawling, but I love top speed and sustain.

I am conscious of having to watch other players better and about my movement. Trying to move into and through other players more as it seems a better way of avoiding attacks than trying to outrange them at times.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I should probably try heavy again for a higher health pool, but I’m finding crit good. With CPs stats are higher and you get the crit and crit modifier bonus. It allows you to devote a set to crit and with the shadow mundus you get nasty crits. Issue is moreso the sustain and defense you need as a magblade to be effective. Iceheart helps a bit but it’s honestly better on a class with less sustain issues, even with the extra crit mod from being a NB.

I managed to whack someone with an 18k onslaught doing something similar with stam plus onslaught. Impregnable armour is less popular and with the shadow mundus you can still get a 50% plus crit modifier against builds with 3k crit resists.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 13, 2019 11:10PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Build update for what it's worth:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=183610

I don't pay much attention to high tooltips. Even though ostensibly a ganker, I prefer attrition-based gameplay. That is where Zaan comes in. Caluurion on it's own only kills noobs and AFK players. It can't crit.

Since procs can't crit and my tooltips are so low, I never paid much attention to the high crit of my build. Shadow Mundus might be an option at the cost of yet more speed. You're giving me ideas, but I already know I'll hate the lack of speed.

Instead of Inner Light one could do the Kristofer ESO thing and slot Camouflaged Hunter for the Minor Berserk from a flanking attack.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I should probably try heavy again for a higher health pool, but I’m finding crit good. With CPs stats are higher and you get the crit and crit modifier bonus. It allows you to devote a set to crit and with the shadow mundus you get nasty crits. Issue is moreso the sustain and defense you need as a magblade to be effective. Iceheart helps a bit but it’s honestly better on a class with less sustain issues, even with the extra crit mod from being a NB.

I managed to whack someone with an 18k onslaught doing something similar with stam plus onslaught. Impregnable armour is less popular and with the shadow mundus you can still get a 50% plus crit modifier against builds with 3k crit resists.

I've tried some onslaught builds and they work alright. It's just a little awkward what you do before and after the onslaught. So how do you play it, are you melee with concealed spam? Or are you playing a skirmish style with swallow on resto bar building mercy stacks. The pen is nice but you have to have a bow up or something to follow up big and hope the opponent doesn't just roll twice or w/e till the duration ends
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this though, dark cloak is absolutely pathetic. Now that I have level up some skill lines on my wood elf and made him the Regen build I took my argonian and went the other route light armor shield dark cloak. OMG. In bgs it was ticking for 750....7...5...0. like that's a total joke even with the 8% mit.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    put it on friggin double take because they don't want to give a class a maj exp snare removal and lose profit from psijic
    Sorc says hello.

Its stun isnt reliable and the damage is negligible but the heal works with the rest of the kit.

When was the last time you used Vamp Drain? It ticks very hard nowadays. Screenshot_20191012_124014.png
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We speak American round here
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Hush or I'll Beschleunigend your Entzug
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Question did he animation cancel it or did he have to let it channel

I remember using it for the stun and animation cancel it in lowbie when I had no other options
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on October 14, 2019 2:29PM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I remember using it for the stun and animation cancel it in lowbie when I had no other options

It's not my screenshot, just what someone posted in a discord. It looks like the 13k one is from multiple ticks.
  • Maulkin
    Maulkin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    put it on friggin double take because they don't want to give a class a maj exp snare removal and lose profit from psijic
    Sorc says hello.

Sorc will not have Major Exp and Snare Removal on the same skill either. You will need two skills, Ball of Lightning and Boundless Storm, same as MagBlade.
    EU | PC | AD
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »

It's not my screenshot, just what someone posted in a discord. It looks like the 13k one is from multiple ticks.

Yea, 5 ticks. A build designed to work on someone’s stamina could be interesting. It looks like if someone can’t break free each tick in that situation would hit for 2.4k.

So keep trying it and cancel the channel until they’re out of stamina.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 14, 2019 3:09PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Kaysha
    Kaysha
    ✭✭✭✭

What language is "American"?
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I've tried some onslaught builds and they work alright. It's just a little awkward what you do before and after the onslaught. So how do you play it, are you melee with concealed spam? Or are you playing a skirmish style with swallow on resto bar building mercy stacks. The pen is nice but you have to have a bow up or something to follow up big and hope the opponent doesn't just roll twice or w/e till the duration ends

Sorry, didn't see your question. I open with onslaught, need to make sure it lands or the lack of pen will really suck.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=166272

Hasn't been fine tuned, bright throat lets me hit the regen/etc.. targets I want but it's nice to use shalks for ult gen. 2 hander gives nice stats; balorg is better for ganking, iceheart is better for defense, take your pick. I'm also noob at magblade dps, I usually heal, this was an alt project. Wood elf might actually work better in a build that's designed to pvp and not gank with iceheart.

Balorg in the editor looks good but you know, unless you're used to low defense (which I am not) it's squishy. No-CP 10k concealed weapon tooltips is neat though.

P.S - I also hate low recovery builds, I think I switched to the atro mundus. Some other options are leeching strikes instead of Siphoning on the front bar, and drop Ele weapon if you don’t like it for cloak... but I like: Ele - lotus - LA - concealed
    Edited by Iskiab on October 15, 2019 3:11AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm back after a 5 day trip and I've been craving some magblade gameplayyyyyyyyyyy. I wonder how the meta has changed within those 5 days?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    CP distribution request

Hey guys, I've been playing no-cp for my whole eso "career". But a few days back I was signed up for some duel tournament and realised I don't have a clue on how to distribute my cps for pvp and especially for duels.

I'm running this build rn and I'll definitely use it on duels – https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=180530

Can I ask for help? :) Despite it would be perfect to get help for the whole distribution (don't get your hopes up), it'd be awesome to receive some hints/general advices as well so I can start with something rather than a blank sheet.

Thanks in advance <3
    Edited by Pijng on October 15, 2019 11:22AM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pijng wrote: »
    CP distribution request

Hey guys, I've been playing no-cp for my whole eso "career". But a few days back I was signed up for some duel tournament and realised I don't have a clue on how to distribute my cps for pvp and especially for duels.

I'm running this build rn and I'll definitely use it on duels – https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=180530

Can I ask for help? :) Despite it would be perfect to get help for the whole distribution (don't get your hopes up), it'd be awesome to receive some hints/general advices as well so I can start with something rather than a blank sheet.

Thanks in advance <3

Well, I’m not a dueling expert or anything but I played a lot of no-CP pvp and switched to CP. Here are some differences I noticed:
    - Crit builds are more of a thing in CP land. There are crit boosts in the CP trees that help people’s crit rate and you can get really high crit modifiers
    - Burst damage and healing is a lot higher. Where in no-CP getting an 18k dizzy is way on the high end, I’ve been hit by 17k synergies in CP land
    - Cost of break free, dodge rolling and blocking CPs really help those kind of builds. Sustain is much higher helping sustain resources too.

I’m not a dueler so can’t help much but I’d say:
    - 3k crit resists min
    - Lots of points into reducing direct damage
    - Split evenly between physical, magical and dots
    - Lots of points into reducing the cost of break free and your favourite defensive move block or dodge roll

As a guess most of the dot specs will be out early except Templars. Expect lots of dizzy spammers with onslaught and Templars using BRP resto back bar, jabs and dots.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair