The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PVP exploiter/cheater

crowfl56
crowfl56
✭✭✭✭✭
IMO, there a very few pvp cheaters in this game.

Why do I say this, simply, in pvp there are some extremely good players, with dang good builds.

Now as far as the few that really do cheat, you can tell everytime when they show up.

First way to tell in the forums, is when certain folks try to defend their actions, with its a game mech.

But its awful weird to attack a player with 10-20 other players and he/she never drops any life, but easily kills anyone they attack in less than 1 second.

There is NO possible way to set off 5 abilities in less than 1 second, but some players do that all the time.

How is that, even using anamation canceling, or weaving, you can't do that and have all 5 abilities go off at once, but some peeps can.

So keep on reporting, but try and make sure they are actually a cheater, not just a good player :)
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P
    Options
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    fix d swing yo
    Options
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    There is no way to bypass the global cooldown on skills. No one is firing off 5 attacks in one second.
    Options
  • crowfl56
    crowfl56
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zer0_CooL wrote: »
    L2P

There is my first defender :)

TY TY for proving my point.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    lag has alot to do with what you perceive as 5 skills at once, there are builds that stack almost 10k WD and 6-7k SP, some builds have 30k plus resistance with 4.5k health recovery dont need to be good when you have those numbers and very little lag and a high FPS. but yes there are a very few ppl that use macros and exploits some are easy to spot others hide it in large zergs.

i disagree with @Zer0_CooL thats is a L2P issue sometime it is beyond your control, but there is alot you can do that can minimise death in PvP
    Options
  • Darsaga
    Darsaga
    ✭✭✭
    Some people may exploit but the cheating your trying to explain is more than likely a health dysnc on your end or a lag effect. Someone recently posted a video of a full to dead scenario and you can clearly see them take a curse and frag to the face with no change in their health. So when another small burst came in it looked to them like they got “cheated” but they did not.

What I find funny is all the people that accused someone of cheating have no video evidence to back their claim. It so simple to record and upload a 60 second clip.
    Edited by Darsaga on September 30, 2019 2:24PM
    Options
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    crowfl56 wrote: »

Why do I say this, simply, in pvp there are some extremely good players, with dang good builds.

Now as far as the few that really do cheat, you can tell everytime when they show up.

First way to tell in the forums, is when certain folks try to defend their actions, with its a game mech.

But its awful weird to attack a player with 10-20 other players and he/she never drops any life, but easily kills anyone they attack in less than 1 second.

There is NO possible way to set off 5 abilities in less than 1 second, but some players do that all the time.

How is that, even using anamation canceling, or weaving, you can't do that and have all 5 abilities go off at once, but some peeps can.

So keep on reporting, but try and make sure they are actually a cheater, not just a good player :)

Unfortunately, most people equate "not dieing" with "winning". So anytime they die they go right to "exploiter" ""hacker" etc. because obviously they couldn't die unless someone cheated. They will tell you that they 1vx'd you because they aren't in a group. Never mind the 50 other people in their faction right behind them. Then turn around and say that you are a "Zergling" because they attacked alone while you were standing at a resource with 10 other people in your faction. Just the nature of PvP sometimes.

Logic ain't some of these people's strong suit.
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
    Options
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lmao. You have a lot to learn. Seriously attack my Stamden, if you hit me while my hots are up with HOT pots you're seriously wasting your time. And your buddies spamming attacks just helps heal me cause they do 500 dmg with their attack and I heal for more than that for taking the dmg. In short, no people aren't modding and cheating much, ZOS has great red flags in place for that kind of Tom Foolery. The only "Cheat" you see is when they desync your health with snipe then it looks like 5 attacks hit at once. If you see snipe or snipers it's time to over heal cause your healthbar isnt where you think
    Edited by ZarkingFrued on September 30, 2019 2:27PM
    Options
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    "I die in pvp, therefore everyone cheats that kills me because I am so good it's the only possible explanation."
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tasty wrote: »

Unfortunately, most people equate "not dieing" with "winning". So anytime they die they go right to "exploiter" ""hacker" etc. because obviously they couldn't die unless someone cheated. They will tell you that they 1vx'd you because they aren't in a group. Never mind the 50 other people in their faction right behind them. Then turn around and say that you are a "Zergling" because they attacked alone while you were standing at a resource with 10 other people in your faction. Just the nature of PvP sometimes.

I think the main problem is the lack of understanding about the play style difference from PvE with alot of "new" PvP players just because you can solo a vet dungeon with scripted enemies that are predictable and deal a pre-determined amount of damage does not mean an off the shelf youtube build made shinny gold will make you a killer in PvP, as soon as ppl realise that death in Cyrodill is as much of the game as Killing a player the less toxic and salty PvP will be.
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on September 30, 2019 2:32PM
    Options
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't know, in my prime state of mind I can tank 50-60 players without sweating and sit in breach getting hit by siege fire (though those stone colds + petrify spammers be gettin me). If I sneeze by accident though, I'm toast. There is also nothing special about the build and it doesn't even matter what gear I wear (I did the same with archmage on and julianos light armor). In fact, it takes only 2-4 strikes to kill me and anyone can do it.

Roll, block, and paying attention is a very powerful combination and something that gear and stats cannot account for. Combine that with HoTs, damage reduction, and pushing damage and debuffs out and it really does seem you are impossible to kill sometimes.

Not wasting time on useless defensive actions like shielding if you are a mag char helps as well, even if you wear light armor.

Lastly, if you are a player in a zerg that runs a bunch of proc sets like a certain ball group in Cyrodiil on PC that I routinely tank then I hate to tell you this, but the reason why 50+ of you cannot kill me sometimes is because you lack CC, lack damage, and also pure luck plays into a part of it. ZOS cannot nerf that, no matter how hard they try :D
    Options
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭

I think the main problem is the lack of understanding about the play style difference from PvE with alot of "new" PvP players just because you can solo a vet dungeon with scripted enemies that are predictable and deal a pre-determined amount of damage does not mean an off the shelf youtube build made shinny gold will make you a killer in PvP, as soon as ppl realise that death in Cyrodill is as much of the game as Killing a player the less toxic and salty PvP will be.

Unfortunately the vast amount of salty whispers received are from people you see PvP'ing all the time. Most new players just tell you something like "ouch".
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
    Options
  • NoodleESO
    NoodleESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly op without any video its impossible to tell if its a l2p problem or CE. The more post there are claiming that cheating is still around without any proof, the more you discredit said claims.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Unfortunately the vast amount of salty whispers received are from people you see PvP'ing all the time. Most new players just tell you something like "ouch".

i hear that lol, but i ment about the constant threads calling for cheating
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P

i disagree with @Zer0_CooL thats is a L2P issue sometime it is beyond your control, but there is alot you can do that can minimise death in PvP

Besides the infinite meteor, and some minor exploits like the long disance jump, i've never seen any sort of cheating.

Some people just have small understanding of the game and PvP mechanics and tend to call everything they don't understand cheating. There for it's indeed a L2P issue.

And then he's even reporting people for no reason. We all get hit by 5 lethal arrows at once, from time to time. that doesnt make the archer a cheater..
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a video and show us next time.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    L2P

Besides the infinite meteor, and some minor exploits like the long disance jump, i've never seen any sort of cheating.

Some people just have small understanding of the game and PvP mechanics and tend to call everything they don't understand cheating. There for it's indeed a L2P issue.

And then he's even reporting people for no reason. We all get hit by 5 lethal arrows at once, from time to time. that doesnt make the archer a cheater..

fair point :)
    Options
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2P

There is my first defender :)

TY TY for proving my point.

Your point is that you and your group isn't capable to kill one lonely enemy player, there for he must be cheating. If you wnt to actually prove that he was cheating, bring some evidence, like a video of it. Otherwise its just a L2P issue.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

you said it perfectly, and they are reported, but the problem is that zenimax does nothing to them AND IF they do? they do catch thewm and even bann them? its only for a short time and the same exact people are allowed to make a new account or even get their old account back and we see them ingame again after a short break.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

the above comment is exactly what we see all the time.
    and even with screen shots, videos, and even loggs prooving that within 1 second 10 abilities fired off, they STILL make that comment claiming it was zero proof.

the problem here is that we need to recognize that:

1) we do not answer to forum commentors, there is zero reason to answer to anyone here on this forum accept a zenimax employee.

2) we have ZERO reason to show proof to anyone here on this forum, send all proof ONLY to zenimax employees!

3) the comment i quoted is in every single thread about cheating, and it is a question that no answer can satisfy by the honest player because the majority of the players here are simply trying to defend any and all corrections made to the animation canceling exploit that is involved in this subject we are talking about.

animation canceling is at the very root of this problem but does animation canceling itself a cheat? no, but it is the contributor and the door opener to this cheating and exploit to have 10 skills fire off at one time, and they ALLWAYS use the same filthy lie about the global cooling and the same old old old old story that if anyone disagrees with their belifs then that person is dumb, or that person cant animation cancel, or that person is just unknowledgeable about skills and how skills work in eso yet those are just lies.

Options
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheating happens. We all know it.

Thing is, its really hard to know for sure without video and a time-stamped combat log. Or access to the info ZOS has, and they don't share.

Personally, I know I suffer from lag, so I tend to assume that 99% of what I might suspect is cheating is me experiencing lag, the other guy being better than I think, or me not being as good as I think. :)

(I once took five cliff racers in the back from the same guy in a single second. The lag was so bad I couldnt even move properly. I just had to laugh!)
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    https://scufgaming.com/playstation-vantage-controller.
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B078J2HQ9D/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=uncannyx-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B078J2HQ9D&linkId=76bd5a8735eb0d38a5b158a944399d2b
    Yeah get you something like these and Animation canceling that is being allowed in ESO just makes macroing SOOO easy.
    When someone in pvp kills you in less then a second and you look at the battle log of how you died and what was cast on you and by WHO.
    5 abilities in half a second from the same person LOL.
    It wasnt skill. It was one of these devices combined with the fact that animation canceling is in this game.
    Put a cast time or make it so if you animation cancel then it stops the whole spell or ability from going off because well hell, YOU canceled it lol.
    Cast times or removing anima canceling and POOF , their cheating macro making devices cease to help them haha.
    I dont care what anyone says, because everyone has at one point or another been victim to an insta death from one of these cheaters . That is if youve even played any pvp in eso at all.

The animation canceling just enables them to be able to utilize these devices.
    Even the XIM4 allows using your macro mouse or macro keyboard on your ps4 or xbox to mimic and appear as a legit console controller and macro as much as you want .

Animation cancelling helps these devices because it takes away any kind of delay between skill and abilities and strings them together without global cooldowns of any kind.

[Edit to remove baiting]
    Gilvoth wrote: »

we showed proof that, that is not true.

This was an issue several years ago when it could be done at will with proper timing and cancelling, but it is no longer possible

yes it is, heres a few examples that were captured recently by a fellow player.
    LegacyDM wrote: »

48276266357_17e098ddea_k.jpg

Here we have HA-->Sub Assault --->DoS all in the same second

48276280227_4f62397e1b_k.jpg

Here we have a Cutting Dive ---->Heavy Attack ----> Sub Assault all in the same second followed by a DoS one second later. Poor game play design and BS.

48276265722_62c1c1ea28_k.jpg

Here we have a lethal arrow ----> Draining Shot all in the same second.

48276182731_01c7713dee_k.jpg

Here's an interesting one. An Ambush ----> Lethal Arrow. In the same second. Now how did he get an ambush off with a skill that actually requires a 1s channel cast time all in the same second. Not sure.

48276266162_fe425c2cff_k.jpg

Here we have Dizzying Swing ---->Reverse Slice --->Sub Assault all in the same second.

45839221731_cc496659c1_h.jpg

And my personal favorite. Two focused aims in the same second.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yet i PROMISE you that we will see people claiming that the videos and screenshots and the wittnesses are all just stupid and we dont know about anything and that we dont know about global cooldowns and that we dont animation cancel.
    but none of those things are true.
    we DO know about animation canceling and we do it ourselves.
    we DO know about global cooldowns and we can see proof of global cooldowns when we attempt to animarion cancel too fast.
    and my college degree i have hanging here in my office tells me im not as stupid as the person claiming im dumb cause i know for a fact it took brains to get that education and degree.
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

and even with screen shots, videos, and even loggs prooving that within 1 second 10 abilities fired off, they STILL make that comment claiming it was zero proof.

1) we do not answer to forum commentors, there is zero reason to answer to anyone here on this forum accept a zenimax employee.

2) we have ZERO reason to show proof to anyone here on this forum, send all proof ONLY to zenimax employees!

3) the comment i quoted is in every single thread about cheating, and it is a question that no answer can satisfy by the honest player because the majority of the players here are simply trying to defend any and all corrections made to the animation canceling exploit that is involved in this subject we are talking about.

animation canceling is at the very root of this problem but does animation canceling itself a cheat? no, but it is the contributor and the door opener to this cheating and exploit to have 10 skills fire off at one time, and they ALLWAYS use the same filthy lie about the global cooling and the same old old old old story that if anyone disagrees with their belifs then that person is dumb, or that person cant animation cancel, or that person is just unknowledgeable about skills and how skills work in eso yet those are just lies.

If this is the case then why moan here?
    Options
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In todays patch notes there is a line about fixing an exploit. Yet the try hards still claim there is no cheating.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If this is the case then why moan here?

its not my thread, im simply contributing to a thread that is being attacked by people that have contempt and disregard and attacks on threads that discuss the removal of animation canceling and the inquiry and investigation of cheating in eso.
    why does my commenting in this thread bother you?
    why does it matter if i am commenting in the thread?
    do you have something against my commenting in and supporting the thread subject and title and informations within?
    Options
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    In todays patch notes there is a line about fixing an exploit. Yet the try hards still claim there is no cheating.

nobody has said there isnt anyone exploiting, and the patch notes are not specific in whether its a PvP or PvE exploit so that still does not validate the argument
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

nobody has said there isnt anyone exploiting, and the patch notes are not specific in whether its a PvP or PvE exploit so that still does not validate the argument

we are not subject to prove Anything to YOU.
    Options
  • DisgracefulMind
    DisgracefulMind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bad players will always be bad.
    Unfortunate magicka warden main.
    PC/NA Server
    Fairweather Friends
    Retired to baby bgs forever. Leave me alone.
    Options
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the main problem is the lack of understanding

i belive that comment is the problem on this forum.
    the fact that we DO know what we are talking about seems to bother the majority of this community because it is pointing the the very apex of this problem and that point of inertia is animation canceling.
    Options
This discussion has been closed.