Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

MagBlade Theorycrafting Changes Thread

• ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder who complained about the mist cancel still giving major expedition? Losing that has to have doubled my deaths. I noticed something was janky with the healing ward and mist form combo. I didn't give it much thought since I assumed that the heal from the shield was now worthless while in mist and its size had been reduced so much. I just said pass and moved on.

The soul harvest cast time change is really bugging me. I guess I should just be thankful that it hasn't been nerfed outright. But I was playing tonight in prime time and if is so unreliable now.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aoe ultimates get around most issues. People can always streak away or whatnot, but speed helps land melee abilities. I think that’s why I’m seeing stam run the swift mundus or swift traits a lot in BGs.

With some speed 1 second cast time dizzies are easy to land and so’s onslaught. If you’re having issues you’re likely a bit on the slow side or being too predictable.

It’s possible that people are predicting the combo, but it might also be that people are just naturally countering burst. I know myself when a ganker hits me I usually break free and continue on my way ignoring them, or if they crit and I’m below half health I dodge roll instinctively. If you’re doing a stun and then using an ultimate most people will expect burst, you need lag on your side really to land it.

I think someone mentioned doing an Ult after the first dodge roll? That sounds like it would be a lot more of a threat to me. To be blunt a ganker has zero chance of downing me unless I’m out of stam or has used onslaught.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 20, 2019 2:24AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can still bar switch cancel in time tho
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot more people using steed now... I’d like to think I had an impact on that lol. I’ve vouched for steed on magblades aggressively since the start of 2018
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Beoulve/Howl Kimchi
  • zammo
    zammo
    ✭✭✭
    HaruKamui wrote: »
    A lot more people using steed now... I’d like to think I had an impact on that lol. I’ve vouched for steed on magblades aggressively since the start of 2018

You did. Thanks :)
  • Jeezye
    Jeezye
    ✭✭✭✭✭

yeah at least stat wise its the best mundus. 10% movespeed and hp regen come in very handy, I actually use it on many of my builds by now.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yea, I used the steed mundus all the time prior to the merciless mitigation change and onslaught bypassing resistances. Speed helped so much when it was harder to be tanky.

I’m having a lot harder time in BGs than I did before. Think I’m going to change up my jewellery to swift traits, the ritual mundus is really good as a healer but since protective was nerfed I think jewellery traits might be the best source of speed for me.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steed is terrible. Should get a buff. Ixnay on the Steednay guys. :)
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Steed is terrible. Should get a buff. Ixnay on the Steednay guys. :)

Yeah it needs to be at least 15% to be viable
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried out the Steed for a half dozen matches or so but then went back to the Atronach - I'm a sustain wh@re lol!
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I tried out the Steed for a half dozen matches or so but then went back to the Atronach - I'm a sustain wh@re lol!

You play in heavy right? Makes sense, I usually go atro in heavy and ritual in light.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

You play in heavy right? Makes sense, I usually go atro in heavy and ritual in light.

I have two Magblades - healer in heavy/damage in light.

For both I always return to Atronach lol.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly stay with Atronach (in light) because I can never seem to pace myself very well. It's amazing what the extra bit of regen does. I've tried switching jewelry to cost reduction and I know some people swear by it, but never seems to be as effective. Completely unscientific I know.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You should try seducer out. I have one spec with 3x infused mag regen jewellery and 5x light. Even then I run the ritual mundus.

It’s not really a BG spec, and I tried it there and didn’t do too well, but for cyrodiil it’s my secret weapon OP spec. Ah heck, I’ll just post my cyrodiil spec...

When you find something OP it’s always dumb to share, but it’s also a cool fun toy you want to show off too. It’ll be nerfed this coming patch, and last mini patch nerfed it as well but you can make use of it on x-box. Maybe help me tweak it:

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=177748

Plus yes cleanse, even after the nerf it’s the best heal in game right now. I’m still messing around between orbs, dark cloak or evasion on the front bar. I’m also new to CP pvp and would appreciate help with my CPs.

@brandonv516
    Edited by Iskiab on September 20, 2019 3:29PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Oh, btw, before anyone thinks what's this guy on about, cleanse was broken on live for a while before it was hot fixed. Instead of only hitting 6 people like it does now on live it hit everyone in the group with hilarious results, easily the most OP thing I've ever played in an MMO:

https://imgur.com/AEnD655

Now that it hits 6 it's still decent, depending on debuffs the heal will top out at around 40k health per cast. I checked PTS and it's being nerfed into the group, it went down from a 14% health heal per effect to 6% so debatable whether it's worth a slot. Still, I like DW as a healer for the spell power. You can get some pretty good healing tooltips with it, and it looks a million times better than a resto staff. Main issue is light/heavy attacks but symbiosis turns all your light/heavy attacks into ranged regardless of your weapon, then the healing amount is tied to your stats. % health healing has been overlooked by almost all players but they're powerful; they can crit and benefit from % healing modifiers.

Here's a picture of the top end including crits.

https://imgur.com/5RatFOU
    Edited by Iskiab on September 20, 2019 3:17PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i think i have crafted the build i want to run after this campaign is over and i can transmute my sets

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildData?id=179436

this is 100% ideal buffed up but figures why not show its full potential, pen does seem a little low without a breech skill slotted, i may drop cripple for it, i would hate to drop degen and lose the hp and stam recovery buff from tri pots
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 20, 2019 4:34PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You should try seducer out. I have one spec with 3x infused mag regen jewellery and 5x light. Even then I run the ritual mundus.

It’s not really a BG spec, and I tried it there and didn’t do too well, but for cyrodiil it’s my secret weapon OP spec. Ah heck, I’ll just post my cyrodiil spec...

When you find something OP it’s always dumb to share, but it’s also a cool fun toy you want to show off too. It’ll be nerfed this coming patch, and last mini patch nerfed it as well but you can make use of it on x-box. Maybe help me tweak it:

Plus yes cleanse, even after the nerf it’s the best heal in game right now. I’m still messing around between orbs, dark cloak or evasion on the front bar. I’m also new to CP pvp and would appreciate help with my CPs.

@brandonv516

That build is.... interesting.

What's the purpose of spell erosion and staff expert on that build given that you are running zero damaging skills? Also do yo have any source of healing reduction to warrant putting 19 into befoul? imo it'd be better to put it into shadow ward.

I'm also having a hard time justifying putting a hundred into Elfborn and Blessed because of the diminishing returns but since every single skill you have is either healing or utility I guess you don't have anywhere else to put it.

Also, do you really need 4000 magicka recovery?

• HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so i think i have crafted the build i want to run after this campaign is over and i can transmute my sets

this is 100% ideal buffed up but figures why not show its full potential, pen does seem a little low without a breech skill slotted, i may drop cripple for it, i would hate to drop degen and lose the hp and stam recovery buff from tri pots

You forgot the mundus i think. You'd also want your CPs to top off to be as close to whole numbers as possible. ESO rounds decimals down (in CPs) so 18.89% is the same as 18%.

I'd put more into Bastion too. 6204 is too small for a Dampen Magicka. At that tool tip, id rather use Healing Ward and only cast it when low in health to have a damage shield of around 8k that also ticks HoTs.
    Edited by HowlKimchi on September 20, 2019 4:53PM

• ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO rounds decimals down (in CPs) so 18.89% is the same as 18%.

Really? Is that true? Learn something new everyday.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ESO rounds decimals down (in CPs) so 18.89% is the same as 18%.

Really? Is that true? Learn something new everyday.

Yep. Easy to test in-game too!

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You forgot the mundus i think. You'd also want your CPs to top off to be as close to whole numbers as possible. ESO rounds decimals down (in CPs) so 18.89% is the same as 18%.

I'd put more into Bastion too. 6204 is too small for a Dampen Magicka. At that tool tip, id rather use Healing Ward and only cast it when low in health to have a damage shield of around 8k that also ticks HoTs.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Special:EsoBuildEditor?id=179436

right there it is, good call on the mundus, also i was un aware the rounded down the cp like that. so i tweaked it around some. i do understand what you mean about the shield being small but im not really using it the way i used to. ive found when i ward then cloak it always very small gets eatin up or i get revealed. with the dampen i cast regen, shield roll, sprint/cloak and i still have it ticking healing me. its not nearly as stron of heals as brp and i might try that route again at some point but for now i want to go this route
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my problem with ward ATM is the dot meta for people I groups. When I'm hightailing it from people chasing me I normally have like 3-4 dots on me. Once I cast that ward to cloak it's like half or gone in that one gcd. But Regen keeps ticking once I cloak even if my shield is toast
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think my problem with ward ATM is the dot meta for people I groups. When I'm hightailing it from people chasing me I normally have like 3-4 dots on me. Once I cast that ward to cloak it's like half or gone in that one gcd. But Regen keeps ticking once I cloak even if my shield is toast

You dont have to cast the ward before cloaking when fighting dots. Just RAT or roll once to get away from the ground aoes, then cloak. Cloak will supress all DOT damage.

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You dont have to cast the ward before cloaking when fighting dots. Just RAT or roll once to get away from the ground aoes, then cloak. Cloak will supress all DOT damage.

Oh I'm talking from a cyro perspective, I play cp campaign on PC na. Groups there all slot degen, splitting soul trap, and what ever other single target dot they have. It's the way they deal with people trying to run they just dot the hell out of you. I don't see too many ground aoes outside of the mornings when I can actually keep fight without lagging
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 20, 2019 5:30PM
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I'm talking from a cyro perspective, I play cp campaign on PC na. Groups there all slot degen, splitting soul trap, and what ever other single target dot they have. It's the way they deal with people trying to run they just dot the hell out of you. I don't see too many ground aoes outside of the mornings when I can actually keep fight without lagging

Yeah I cyro all the time in CP PC NA too. But since i play solo, I usually avoid organized small groups. Plenty of other fights to be had, I'd rather not fight a coordinated one who're riding the dot meta or whatever the current toxic fab is.

My statement still stands though... If all they're doing is spamming single target dots, cloaking will supress all of those.

• GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah I cyro all the time in CP PC NA too. But since i play solo, I usually avoid organized small groups. Plenty of other fights to be had, I'd rather not fight a coordinated one who're riding the dot meta or whatever the current toxic fab is.

My statement still stands though... If all they're doing is spamming single target dots, cloaking will supress all of those.

Once I get that setup where I have those really good passive heals it might change my opinion on this, but with my current setup it seems to keep me alive.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@brandonv516

What's the purpose of spell erosion and staff expert on that build given that you are running zero damaging skills? Also do yo have any source of healing reduction to warrant putting 19 into befoul? imo it'd be better to put it into shadow ward.

I'm also having a hard time justifying putting a hundred into Elfborn and Blessed because of the diminishing returns but since every single skill you have is either healing or utility I guess you don't have anywhere else to put it.

It’s for larger groups. 4k with that much reduction let’s me hit cleanse 8x in a row if I want to.

In places like keeps running through oil and whatnot the debuffs can pile up. The heavy attack on Symbiosis isn’t ideal because it only returns magicka if it heals someone so it’s inconsistent. It’s best use is light attack weaving.

If I was running with 6 or under 12 I could scale back on regen, but when groups clash purging is crazy important. The spec’s actually pretty OP which is why it’s been nerfed on PTS, for BGs it’s not ideal because it lacks self healing and people spam dizzy. It’d likely be good in small scale with cross healing.

Yea, my CPs are jacked. I’ll look into your suggestions.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 20, 2019 5:52PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@brandonv516

It’s for larger groups. 4k with that much reduction let’s me hit cleanse 8x in a row if I want to.

In places like keeps running through oil and whatnot the debuffs can pile up. The heavy attack on Symbiosis isn’t ideal because it only returns magicka if it heals someone so it’s inconsistent. It’s best use is light attack weaving.

If I was running with 6 or under 12 I could scale back on regen, but when groups clash purging is crazy important. The spec’s actually pretty OP which is why it’s been nerfed on PTS, for BGs it’s not ideal because it lacks self healing and people spam dizzy. It’d likely be good in small scale with cross healing.

Yea, my CPs are jacked. I’ll look into your suggestions.

Kinda figured it was for Cyro with the back bar set. But if it's for a keep siege with a group and you can hit cleanse 8x in a row then I can definitely see its usefulness!

• fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When you find something OP it’s always dumb to share, but it’s also a cool fun toy you want to show off too.
    Don't worry. If there's one thing I've learnt from sharing my build, it's that no one pays any attention. The number of people who might copy your build is strictly proportional to your YouTube followers only ;). Certainly looks interesting, though.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

But since i play solo, I usually avoid organized small groups. Plenty of other fights to be had, I'd rather not fight a coordinated one who're riding the dot meta or whatever the current toxic fab is.

Yeah I understand what you mean. I normally try to take a back keep resource now but sometimes it feels 20 minutes of nothing then a 10 man group.
    And when I've been hitting the bowl some I just like to be annoying with groups sieging. I still love running around burning siege and what not.

My basis in PvP was after T1, I was a pve scrub playing Skyrim online before. I found the black water blade campaign which was amazing at the time. Played there and got my ass kicked and found a group called pugz of daggerfall. Played with them in bwb till Morrowind and then some in kyne, but really began to vet more then. Point is I'm still addicted to the keep style fights because bwb was alot of small guilds who took the map seriously. I was always the havock on the back line guy, burning sieges and killing fcs, ganking the unsuspecting Sieger. I still miss the style but in vet with more access for pots, sets, and abilities it does not work so sell.