Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Nightblade Feedback Thread

• Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imagine having a NB passive like "weapon LA/HA and skills scale to your highiest resource". That would give NB, especially magNB so much lost identity, dw magblades in pve would be great
  • master_vanargand
    master_vanargand
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why does Shadow Barrier rely on Heavy Armor?
    This is very strange.
    Should stop the Heavy Armor dependency.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Imagine having a NB passive like "weapon LA/HA and skills scale to your highiest resource". That would give NB, especially magNB so much lost identity, dw magblades in pve would be great
    Good idea, but it could cause an issue with health stacking builds. Tanks should have a lot of defence as a trade of for damage.

I am not saying it is a bad idea. I think it is good. But maybe it would only scale with max magicka / stamina only ? Or health would get 2x times less effective scaling ?
  • Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czekoludek wrote: »
    Good idea, but it could cause an issue with health stacking builds. Tanks should have a lot of defence as a trade of for damage.

I am not saying it is a bad idea. I think it is good. But maybe it would only scale with max magicka / stamina only ? Or health would get 2x times less effective scaling ?

Touche! So, scaling to your highiest offensive resource?
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Do these reps or devs actually read this? If so please can you explain how it’s acceptable for Relentless Focus to be an empty cast? Before we actually got Berserk and minor stam recovery for casting it but now we get absolutely NOTHING. How is that fair balancing? You pay stam to activate the ability but you have to generate stacks to gain mitigation and a bow proc which is easily dodged and a heal which nobody asked for...
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Do these reps or devs actually read this? If so please can you explain how it’s acceptable for Relentless Focus to be an empty cast? Before we actually got Berserk and minor stam recovery for casting it but now we get absolutely NOTHING. How is that fair balancing? You pay stam to activate the ability but you have to generate stacks to gain mitigation and a bow proc which is easily dodged and a heal which nobody asked for...

+1
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    Yeah we should get back minor berserk or major fracture. Personally i think major fracture on surprise attack more important as that was our tool for tanks.
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pretty sure there isn’t a NB rep these days and anything said in here just falls into an abyss.

Anyway! My biggest problem is stamblades have zero group utility in their class kit. Zero. Look at all the group buffs from other classes and then look at NB. It’s pretty horrifying.

What is the plan with this class/spec?

Also have to ask, why would a Necro give Vulnerability but a Nightblade wouldn’t? Feel like that doesn’t make any sense.

"IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Class rep system is done. It was a meme and they didnt listen to the reps
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    That is patently false. I wish people would stick to constructive comments.
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aztlan wrote: »

It is constructive though. NBs have received nothing but nerfs and horrible changes for a long time now and to add to the insult they stated they are making changes to Sorcs and DKs next patch which just leaves NBs since of course Templar is in a great spot atm. It sucks seeing the class you main continually get worse and worse surely any player can understand this...
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I understand very well. NB main here. I agree the nerfs have gone way too far.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it false? Class reps have left... Like alot of them. They all quit because zos didn't take any of thier advice.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Top nb rep was kena andive only seen him on like once in the last 4-5 months
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_GinaBruno wrote: »
    Hello everyone!

A few months back, we posted that we were looking for volunteers to join the Class Rep Program. We were overwhelmed with the amount of interest, receiving hundreds of applications from so many passionate players. The decision on who to choose was difficult given the amount of qualified players, but today, we’re excited to announce the newest ESO Class Representatives:

CAB_Life (console player!)
    cicisch
    Glorious
    NefasQS
    RebornZombie

These players will be joining the existing Class Reps, which include:
    Alcast
    FearTurbo
    GandTheImpaler
    Masel
    Quantum

While some of the Class Reps may specialize in certain classes or prefer some game styles over others, our goal was to make sure the program has a mixture of both PvP and PvE players with everyone having extensive experience in many different classes.

As a general reminder, the goal of this program is to ensure your voice is being heard, and concerns are being relayed and discussed directly with the Dev Team. While the last couple updates have largely focused on the ongoing ability audits, we’ll be moving back to having regular calls with the Class Reps and posting public meeting notes very soon.

Thanks for everyone’s support, and please join us in welcoming the new faces!
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And how long ago was that posted?? Because I haven't seen quantum around either
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    That was July 24. I'm not saying the Class Rep Program is working well, but it sounds like they're trying to reboot it.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/486609/class-rep-program-update/p1
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Key phrase there, trying to reboot it. Which means?

As of now it's dead
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on September 8, 2019 10:51PM
  • Aztlan
    Aztlan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I get the frustration, believe me. When they decided to have the class reps sign NDAs so that they could give feedback on upcoming changes, they sacrificed transparency. The result was less communication between the reps and the players. Some of the reps, by the way, were dismissed because they broke the NDA, not because they were disgruntled.
    Edited by Aztlan on September 8, 2019 11:06PM
  • SneaK
    SneaK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I get the frustration, believe me. When they decided to have the class reps sign NDAs so that they could give feedback on upcoming changes, they sacrificed transparency. The result was less communication between the reps and the players. Some of the reps, by the way, were dismissed because they broke the NDA, not because they were disgruntled.

Right... There is no selected qualified person in here providing feedback of any sort, to ZOS or to us, regarding Nightblades. It’s just an archive post at this point.

The program never helped NBs anyway, ZOS is going to do whatever they want with zero regard to any one of our viewpoints.
    "IMO"
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Bosmer Nightblade AR 32 - Altmer Templar AR 26 - Dunmer Dragonknight AR 18 - Altmer Sorcerer AR 20 - Khajiit Dragonknight AR 18
    (+3 not worth mentioning, yet)
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative
    SneaK wrote: »

Right... There is no selected qualified person in here providing feedback of any sort, to ZOS or to us, regarding Nightblades. It’s just an archive post at this point.

The program never helped NBs anyway, ZOS is going to do whatever they want with zero regard to any one of our viewpoints.

Hi,

Just thought I'd hop in and say that we are reading feedback still and providing it. I also talk to a lot of NB mains who have discussed things with me (and other reps) and length.

As always, you can DM me if you want a direct response to a concern, otherwise do know that we are listening and providing feedback on a variety of things.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Hello!

Maybe i dare to share some feedback, but honestly a bit affraid of reactions :D So i'll talk in PvP perspective.

Maybe the most troubled skill on NB skill-lines is the Grimms Focus and its morphs. Its function... well its seems understandable. Kinda gaining defense and exchange it for burst, if we decide like that, wich is good idea, but the heal really not working with this delayed arrow. What i readed many times, maybe exchanging the heal to... making it like Crystal Fragments on Sorcorer, so doesnt need to activate, but of course we cannot shot with it until 5 stack sounds good enough. Maybe the skills current cost can be the arrow's cost instead.

Overall what i like in Stamblade's now is... for me the class feels like a rouge one. Pretty good ability, and tricky defense with cloak, and teleport.

But what i need to agree a bit after some reading on forums (cuz i play only stamblade, so experienced other classes just as opponents). DMG wise the Nightblade really having the best burst, but maybe not that far better than other classes, while the stamina nightblades doesnt have too much pressure from Class Skill lines. (actually no dot for stamina)

Of course, overall im glad for the current state of Nightblades, luckily i adapted for every change succesfully. But maybe the Grimm Focus or at least Relentless focus worth a rework, as a skill, cuz thats really seems a bit weird now. Right now, i simply do not have too much reason for keeping the arrow as long, like with the 15% damage absorbation. Often do not worth to recast the skill in fight, cuz its feels wasting of my stamina. Skill and arrow both cost resources.

Sorry for my bad english, that was all what comes in my mind now about Nightblades. I'll start to play a Magblade too, if i can say something about it later, i definetly will!
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’d like surprise attack to get major fracture back so I can deal with tanks and incap to get an actual stun because imo silence is awful.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade imo needs a slight buff to damage and a better way to secure kills that why I ask for the stun back on incap. Ever since cast times every time I fear they break free right into roll dodge.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    My opinion about Incap silence: Its good. Maybe a bit too short, since its breakable, but its really a sneaky and sometimes not noticed CC wich can deal better with some opponents than a simple stun. Major Fracture really means nothing if you use maul. Maul performs better without that debuff.

For example on incap: If you just purely stun someone, that person would break out immadietly and probably dodge. If you silence someone and for example keeping him off-balanced or having other stun, you can even stun them after 1-2 second Silence. Its intresting CC, beacuse Incap not always do this. (70 or 120 ult cast) And if the fight really intense, notice it and break it out immadietly would be a bit challenging. I like this, as a CC. Maybe if its becomes 4-5 second long Incap would be perfect.

Supriese attack and the Major fracture... I dont think, it really matters with maul. Maybe with sword and axe setups it is, but with maul... In group play (i know, i also play solo...) the new supriese is better. PvE wise its definetly better than old Supriese attack. But the actual penetration from Supriese attack not much, even in pvp.

Ambush maybe would be better with minor berserk, but yes its a selfish point of view for solo pvp...
    PC-EU
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    My opinion about Incap silence: Its good. Maybe a bit too short, since its breakable, but its really a sneaky and sometimes not noticed CC wich can deal better with some opponents than a simple stun. Major Fracture really means nothing if you use maul. Maul performs better without that debuff.

For example on incap: If you just purely stun someone, that person would break out immadietly and probably dodge. If you silence someone and for example keeping him off-balanced or having other stun, you can even stun them after 1-2 second Silence. Its intresting CC, beacuse Incap not always do this. (70 or 120 ult cast) And if the fight really intense, notice it and break it out immadietly would be a bit challenging. I like this, as a CC. Maybe if its becomes 4-5 second long Incap would be perfect.

Supriese attack and the Major fracture... I dont think, it really matters with maul. Maybe with sword and axe setups it is, but with maul... In group play (i know, i also play solo...) the new supriese is better. PvE wise its definetly better than old Supriese attack. But the actual penetration from Supriese attack not much, even in pvp.

Ambush maybe would be better with minor berserk, but yes its a selfish point of view for solo pvp...
    I only play solo so I take any buffs I can get at this point.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nice behind the scenes change to make Siphoning Strikes work with Symbiosis, unless it always did and I missed it.

Once nice quality of life change I’d like to see is Symbiosis allowing building merciless stacks. My understanding of Symbiosis is it should make the healing light attacks function the same way as regular light attacks, and right now Symbiosis light attacks can’t build merciless stacks. Magblade healers are rare so it probably isn’t high priority, but it’s an inconsistency that should be addressed.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 13, 2019 4:26PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Buff skill like SA, siphoning strikes, incap.
    Nerf shadowy disguise, add 6 sec fatigue, kinda tired of the bullshlt.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    Buff skill like SA, siphoning strikes, incap.
    Nerf shadowy disguise, add 6 sec fatigue, kinda tired of the bullshlt.
    You must really hate nb to put this on two different threads.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 14, 2019 9:23AM
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak is fine. SA, siphoning strikes fine. Incap seems fine, still not sure about silence long enough.

I just hope, people who watching these feedbacks do not give too much about this "nerf cloak" nonsense.

Its have enough counter, it can be used on the smart way, and can be used on stupid way. Expensive enough for punishing you for using it stupid.
    PC-EU